Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,467 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

FG Launches 1.52MW Solar Plant For Federal Ministry Of Works And Housing HQ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Launches 1.52MW Solar Plant For Federal Ministry Of Works And Housing HQ (11391 Views)

FG Launches Improved NIN Slip, Mobile App / LASG Launches 1,000-hectares Modern Satellite City In Epe (pictures) / Nine Varsities To Get Solar Plant, Says Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Launches 1.52MW Solar Plant For Federal Ministry Of Works And Housing HQ by presidency: 3:20pm On Jul 06, 2021
Your Excellency Mr. President, distinguished ladies and gentlemen, on behalf of my colleague, the Honourable Minister of State for Works and Housing, Engineer Abubakar D. Aliyu, the serving and previous Permanent Secretaries, serving and previous directors and members of staff of the Ministry of Works and Housing, I am delighted to welcome you to this commissioning ceremony.

This project was approved by the Federal Executive Council on the 20th March 2019 at the time when the Ministry of Power was part of Works and Housing. I express our Ministry's appreciation to members of the Federal Executive Council who voted to entrust our Ministry with this project.
What we have delivered, based on the mandate of the Federal Executive Council, is a 1.52 MegaWatts Solar System that will provide uninterrupted power supply to 5 blocks housing the Ministry of Works and Housing and Ministry of Environment and Lands.

This project employed 382 artisans and 176 skilled workers throughout its duration, in fulfilment of the Economic Recovery and Growth Plan (ERGP) of creating jobs.

It would see to the reduction of average diesel consumption from 764,248 litres per annum to 166,825 litres per annum and cost saving of NGN270,945,000 over 20 years and contribute towards the reduction of government operational expenses and reduction of recurrent expenditure.

It has led to the upgrade and retrofitting of our electrical appliances by replacing 400 old Air-conditioning units with 400 new inverter-based energy efficient Air-conditioning units and replacing 2600 old light fittings with energy efficient LED ones all of which are energy saving because they consume 40% less energy.

In terms of local content...
Our contract engages 5 (Five) STEM candidates to work throughout the solar PV lifecycle of this project in the following roles:
a. Two (2) candidates got trained in engineering design;
b. Two (2) candidates got trained in project construction;
c. One candidate got trained in engineering project management.

With this investment we have built our own Mini-Grid, in consonance with our Administration’s policy to promote off grid option, thereby making more of the on-grid power available to ordinary Nigerians who cannot afford the cost of investing in off-grid power.
To our contractor, I express deep appreciation for the efficient execution and more importantly for the sacrifice to complete this project in spite of the wide disparity between the foreign exchange rates in 2019 when the project was awarded and now, notwithstanding high importation costs of the parts.

Permit me sir, to also acknowledge two young people who were part of this project at different stages from inception to completion.

Mrs. Damilola Ogunbiyi and Engr. Femi Akinyelure, whom your Excellency appointed to the Rural Electrification Agency both of whom, with their colleagues, were involved in the energy audit and design of this project.

They represent the positive impact of youth involvement in public service; and of course, I cannot forget Engr. Julius Olurinola, our Director of Engineering Services, whose role I liken to that of a midwife, supervising, monitoring and reporting the progress of this project from incubation to delivery.

All I need now say is that other government buildings can follow this path and our team will be most enthusiastic to provide the support, and share our experiences and lessons learned, working with the Ministry of Power.

Your Excellency Mr. President, I have the pleasure to now invite you sir, to perform the official commissioning of the 1.52 MegaWatts Solar Power project to provide uninterrupted power to your staff in the Ministry of Works and Housing and Environment to improve their working conditions.

Babatunde Raji Fashola, SAN
Honourable Minister of Works and Housing

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Launches 1.52MW Solar Plant For Federal Ministry Of Works And Housing HQ by Ddmase: 3:21pm On Jul 06, 2021
Putting the issue of regular power supply to rest

Rest in Peace, dear regular power supply. Till we meet again to part no more in heaven

Anyway, I will Design a Professional Logo or Company Letterhead for your Business for 2k Only

MY Contact Here
https://www.nairaland.com/ddmase

4 Likes

Re: FG Launches 1.52MW Solar Plant For Federal Ministry Of Works And Housing HQ by FarahAideed: 3:21pm On Jul 06, 2021
This thing go cost die ooo cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: FG Launches 1.52MW Solar Plant For Federal Ministry Of Works And Housing HQ by matrixme(m): 5:21pm On Jul 06, 2021
With the rate at which Mabushi has constant light, how are you guys still able to rack up that much diesel cost? Also, having built a solar mini grid, how are you able to rack up another diesel cost again or I am not understanding. Isn't the idea of solar mini grid not supposed to cancel out the idea of using diesel entirely?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Launches 1.52MW Solar Plant For Federal Ministry Of Works And Housing HQ by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jul 06, 2021
cool.
Re: FG Launches 1.52MW Solar Plant For Federal Ministry Of Works And Housing HQ by aspabay(m): 6:06pm On Jul 06, 2021
Poco a Poco, Nigeria shall be great.

1 Like

Re: FG Launches 1.52MW Solar Plant For Federal Ministry Of Works And Housing HQ by Dubembiafra: 6:06pm On Jul 06, 2021
Story
Re: FG Launches 1.52MW Solar Plant For Federal Ministry Of Works And Housing HQ by Ezedon(m): 6:06pm On Jul 06, 2021
Na so
Re: FG Launches 1.52MW Solar Plant For Federal Ministry Of Works And Housing HQ by tamonokare: 6:06pm On Jul 06, 2021
Yeyeman. See im face. Anytime i see his face i remember what he said. "steady power supply in Nigeria is not rocket science. "

8 Likes

Re: FG Launches 1.52MW Solar Plant For Federal Ministry Of Works And Housing HQ by mabelly: 6:06pm On Jul 06, 2021
cheesy

modified
Whoever shared my smiley comment, I love you too
Re: FG Launches 1.52MW Solar Plant For Federal Ministry Of Works And Housing HQ by UniqueO(m): 6:06pm On Jul 06, 2021
Nice one

Check my signature
Re: FG Launches 1.52MW Solar Plant For Federal Ministry Of Works And Housing HQ by Authoreety: 6:07pm On Jul 06, 2021
How does it benefit the citizens

Buhari should just resign.. Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: FG Launches 1.52MW Solar Plant For Federal Ministry Of Works And Housing HQ by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:07pm On Jul 06, 2021
Anything to make our darling nation move forward is what we are after.

God bless Nigeria.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Launches 1.52MW Solar Plant For Federal Ministry Of Works And Housing HQ by aspabay(m): 6:07pm On Jul 06, 2021
This is a good initiative.
I hope this will be maintained and sustained.

Other parastatals can follow suit.
Re: FG Launches 1.52MW Solar Plant For Federal Ministry Of Works And Housing HQ by ODJ124(m): 6:07pm On Jul 06, 2021
:- God bless our darling Nigeria...

Thread seen...
Re: FG Launches 1.52MW Solar Plant For Federal Ministry Of Works And Housing HQ by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:07pm On Jul 06, 2021
Nigeria will be great again in our lifetime, whether the evil and wicked ones like it or not.

OBJ, where is the power after 16 BILLION DOLLARS of looted funds.

Criminals supported by broke losers.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Launches 1.52MW Solar Plant For Federal Ministry Of Works And Housing HQ by mbahdi(m): 6:08pm On Jul 06, 2021
Useless fg
Re: FG Launches 1.52MW Solar Plant For Federal Ministry Of Works And Housing HQ by Queenserah26(f): 6:08pm On Jul 06, 2021
Noted
Re: FG Launches 1.52MW Solar Plant For Federal Ministry Of Works And Housing HQ by rottennaija(m): 6:08pm On Jul 06, 2021
While in the subject of power supply. This was idea would change the landscape and force the discos to push themselves to supply power in order to survive. What is it?

Put Power into the hands of consumers. How?

Mass metering. Not just mass metering, but allowing anyone to get their meters through a third party without needing to pass through the discos (they will still need to register with the discos after purchase of meters). This will be like phones today.

Imagine that Nigerians were only allowed to purchase mobile phones through a say Ntel or through only the network providers. We would never get to this level of mobile phone service delivery. Why? Because the network providers would be making their profits whether the service is stable or not. After all, its them that supply their phones, it then that bill or estimate the billing irrespective of whether people see a stable network connections for data or calls.

Let's do same with meter. Make legislation that allows people (third party) to import or manufacture electricity meters or smart meters so that the market will be flooded with prepared or smart meters. If everyone has meters, this will force the discos to make the necessary investment to supply electricity (they will not be rejecting power anymore). The discos will see their profit dry if they are not doing well.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Launches 1.52MW Solar Plant For Federal Ministry Of Works And Housing HQ by aribisala0(m): 6:08pm On Jul 06, 2021
Cost saving projection for diesel for 20 years?

That means for the next 20 years electricity problem wll not be fixed
Re: FG Launches 1.52MW Solar Plant For Federal Ministry Of Works And Housing HQ by Bahamas95(m): 6:08pm On Jul 06, 2021

Re: FG Launches 1.52MW Solar Plant For Federal Ministry Of Works And Housing HQ by wunmi590(m): 6:10pm On Jul 06, 2021
To All our Married Men in the house.
Always find time to take your wife out once in a while, if you don't do somebody else will do. Adam left Eve for just few minutes and Satan took her out for launch and she even came back with takeaway for Adam....Na the matter we still dey settle till tomorrow�‍♂️�‍♂️�‍♂️�‍♂️�‍♂️

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Launches 1.52MW Solar Plant For Federal Ministry Of Works And Housing HQ by frog12: 6:12pm On Jul 06, 2021
where e dey ?
Re: FG Launches 1.52MW Solar Plant For Federal Ministry Of Works And Housing HQ by chaloskyx: 6:12pm On Jul 06, 2021
they dont deserve it what have they done to make the lives of Nigerians better via infrastructure useless ministry
Re: FG Launches 1.52MW Solar Plant For Federal Ministry Of Works And Housing HQ by fergie001: 6:14pm On Jul 06, 2021
matrixme:
With the rate at which Mabushi has constant light, how are you guys still able to rack up that much diesel cost? Also, having built a solar mini grid, how are you able to rack up another diesel cost again or I am not understanding. Isn't the idea of solar mini grid not supposed to cancel out the idea of using diesel entirely?
It cannot cancel out entirely, because solar power is stochastic. During the rainy seasons of April through September, you have almost no Power.

So, the only way to make it Renewable 100% is to hybridise with other RES or you at best manage with Diesel/Grid Power.

Its techno-economic advantage is embedded in a better CoE, and reduced GHG emission.

This isn't just a good achievement, it is a fantastic one. That Ogunbiyi woman is shattering the ceiling.

5 Likes

Re: FG Launches 1.52MW Solar Plant For Federal Ministry Of Works And Housing HQ by chukwuibuipob: 6:16pm On Jul 06, 2021
cool to be honest,Bubu is working but the soaring goods price and iPOB,ESN BOKO HARAM , BANDITS wahala sad

1 Like

Re: FG Launches 1.52MW Solar Plant For Federal Ministry Of Works And Housing HQ by obama30: 6:23pm On Jul 06, 2021
matrixme:

Because sometimes, the battery and backups will run out of energy and there may not be enough sun to charge back, so the gas engine can take over
Re: FG Launches 1.52MW Solar Plant For Federal Ministry Of Works And Housing HQ by Wayne4uall(m): 6:45pm On Jul 06, 2021
Pictures of the plant or I don't believe
Re: FG Launches 1.52MW Solar Plant For Federal Ministry Of Works And Housing HQ by moriss33(m): 6:47pm On Jul 06, 2021
If dem scrape off the buying of diesel...aw dem wan take pad budget nau.
matrixme:

(1) (2) (Reply)

Senator Kalu Writes Abia APC, Reveals Candidates To Support Ahead Of Congress / Tinubu-SDP Alliance Is Real And Unstoppable — SDP / Osun Farmers Protest Against Destruction Of Crops, Attacks By Herdsmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.