Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,073 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

New Improved NIN Charges: What Is The Government's Endgame? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Improved NIN Charges: What Is The Government's Endgame? (47156 Views)

How To Print Your Improved NIN Slip / FG Launches Improved NIN Slip, Mobile App / Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Improved NIN Charges: What Is The Government's Endgame? by Sanchez01: 7:54am On Jul 09, 2021
I saw this thread (https://www.nairaland.com/6641235/how-print-improved-nin-slip) last night and I wondered why the government can't be consistent for once. It is not just about getting Nigerians to link their NIN to their SIMs now but something else. I logged on to the portal (https://myportal.nimc.gov.ng/) this morning and saw some ridiculous things that only the Nigerian government is capable of attempting.

First, I was greeted with the picture below on the portal and I wondered why a National Commission tasked with regulating identity issues give me CREDITS (I have 30, according to my dashboard). Why would I need to purchase a SUBSCRIPTION from a government's portal; not just anyone but an IDENTITY COMMISSION PORTAL

As if that wasn't enough, I clicked through the subscription link only to find ridiculous tiers of subscriptions; from N100 to N1,000,000, all promising various degrees of credits. Is the government planning on charging Nigerians based on how their NIN QR codes or details are queried during verifications in banks, airports and in other places, particularly government establishments Why am I given 30 CREDITS if it doesn't matter or mean anything?

Not only that, but I also found out that there is a "PREMIUM NIN SLIP" section other than the "IMPROVED NIN SLIP". Although the "PREMIUM NIN SLIP" is currently unavailable, I am wondering why there is a class-play in the NIN slip.

The IMPROVED NIN costs N400 to download. However, I am somewhat convinced of what will likely play out.

1. The NIMC will discard the current slips and will most likely ask banks and other places where the ID is required to only honour the "IMPROVED NIN" or "PREMIUM NIN".
2. This will compel people to download for N400.
3. Say 50 million Nigerians pay N400 each to download the "IMPROVED NIN", this means the NIMC will be making N20 billion Naira from that alone. The number is a worst-case scenario since I anticipate that it will be mandated

MY QUESTIONS

1. Why is an identity commission bent on making money through the provision of NATIONAL IDs?
2. What is the purpose of the subscriptions its portal?
3. Why do Nigerians need NIMC CREDITS and why do we need to buy?
4. Why is there a PREMIUM NIN SLIP
5. Why do I need to pay N400 for a virtual card I will have to print and laminate on my own
6. Isn't it the duty of the Commission to provide Nigerians with FREE National IDs?
7. Who approved of this useless idea
8. Why do I have DEPENDENTS on my portal; implying I could share my subscriptions with them
9. Are the law-making arms of government aware of this daylight Oyenusi stunt? (Not like they are useful anyways but I am not sure there was any discussion on NIMC creating a money-making portal in the legislature.)
10. What is the endgame of government; to sap Nigerians further through insane anti-people policies as always and further create a class divide through the ID cards we carry around?

321 Likes 38 Shares

Re: New Improved NIN Charges: What Is The Government's Endgame? by Sanchez01: 7:54am On Jul 09, 2021
This would have been good if it came from the NHIS. It would make a whole lot of sense to purchase health packs that can cover dependents, mostly family members, but no, an ORDINARY IDENTITY COMMISSION that is tasked with handling citizens' identities and providing FREE NATIONAL ID cards is creating subscription packs and class-oriented ID cards. The other day, they need N25b to buy servers in order to enrol 43 million Nigerians.

The foolishness of this very government is why history should be resuscitated and taught in Nigerian schools. We shouldn't forget this in a hurry.

285 Likes 32 Shares

Re: New Improved NIN Charges: What Is The Government's Endgame? by Nbotee(m): 7:58am On Jul 09, 2021
Dis govt is d definition of clueless and useless.. They are only afta ways of levying and ripping Nigerians off

92 Likes 4 Shares

Re: New Improved NIN Charges: What Is The Government's Endgame? by EmemObong03: 8:01am On Jul 09, 2021
Putting oil price per barrel into consideration, have you ever wondered how FG intends to pay up all these loans that the have stacked up?

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: New Improved NIN Charges: What Is The Government's Endgame? by chatinent: 8:06am On Jul 09, 2021
All your why-questions point to one thing: man's government has failed.

90 Likes 4 Shares

Re: New Improved NIN Charges: What Is The Government's Endgame? by Sanchez01: 8:11am On Jul 09, 2021
EmemObong03:
Putting oil price per barrel into consideration, have you ever wondered how FG intends to pay up all these loans that the have stacked up?
The FG is stupid. It has no plan for the Nigerian people. If it is struggling to stay run the operations of the country, why not cut cost? Was it not the same Buhari during his desperate days who claimed we had too many Presidential fleets and that they were too expensive to maintain? N7 billion was budgeted under the same Buhari for the fleets in 2020 and more than ever, his family has abused the fleets compared to the other 3 presidents in the 4th Republic.

1. A side of the legislature should go. It is irrelevant.
2. Sell some off some of the Presidential fleets to save cost.
3. Put an end to the giveaways they do in the name of COVID stimulus and relief packages through NISRAL. If they make the economy viable enough, you won't need to give people fish.

But guess what, none of these matters to a man whose only final wish is to live lavish with a country's resources and empower the 4th deadliest terrorist group in the world.

167 Likes 15 Shares

Re: New Improved NIN Charges: What Is The Government's Endgame? by razfad10(m): 8:13am On Jul 09, 2021
This is ridiculous, I mean you charge us for everything in our country. if you’re using USSD today, the federal government is charging you #6.9 before the bank charges you.

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: New Improved NIN Charges: What Is The Government's Endgame? by Sanchez01: 8:13am On Jul 09, 2021
chatinent:
All your why-questions point to one thing: man's government has failed.
Let's all be specific and call failure for what it is - Buhari's government failed.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Improved NIN Charges: What Is The Government's Endgame? by RuddyFusion(m): 9:02am On Jul 09, 2021
This one chance is heading for a crash .......What sort of hopeless and useless Government is this??

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Improved NIN Charges: What Is The Government's Endgame? by HEAVEN4444: 12:57pm On Jul 09, 2021
cheesy
Re: New Improved NIN Charges: What Is The Government's Endgame? by datola: 12:57pm On Jul 09, 2021
Oh
Re: New Improved NIN Charges: What Is The Government's Endgame? by osuofia2(m): 12:57pm On Jul 09, 2021
Usual Afonja and IPob rants. When baba Buhari is busty making things right some miscreants will keep complaining

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: New Improved NIN Charges: What Is The Government's Endgame? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jul 09, 2021
Oh
Re: New Improved NIN Charges: What Is The Government's Endgame? by jericco1(m): 12:57pm On Jul 09, 2021
Thieves

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Improved NIN Charges: What Is The Government's Endgame? by Naijaguy12345(m): 12:57pm On Jul 09, 2021
Big Scam loading.........

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: New Improved NIN Charges: What Is The Government's Endgame? by Tobinrobin(m): 12:58pm On Jul 09, 2021
Lol. They’ve mismanaged & borrowed so much money that repayment isn’t feasible nor possible so they decided to use tactics to extort people of their hard earned money. Clueless clowns

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Improved NIN Charges: What Is The Government's Endgame? by Mokason288(m): 12:58pm On Jul 09, 2021
Every body is searching for how to milk his neighbor

Starting from
FG

BANKS

NEPA

POLICE

PASTOR’s

DSTV , MTN

SCHOOLS

FG is the worst and the most wicked

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: New Improved NIN Charges: What Is The Government's Endgame? by ikorodureporta: 12:59pm On Jul 09, 2021
cheesy
Re: New Improved NIN Charges: What Is The Government's Endgame? by Skyfornia(m): 1:00pm On Jul 09, 2021
Nothing shocks me anymore in this country... I'd advise everyone to gear up for the worse. Enough is on the way... I'm not a prophet of doom but I see 2022 as a year of immense suffering. Remember...people are no longer going to farm due to insecurity and cows destroying their crops, so there's little or nothing to eat next year.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Improved NIN Charges: What Is The Government's Endgame? by veekid(m): 1:00pm On Jul 09, 2021
I ended up paying 578 naira to download mine yesterday after I saw the same thread

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Improved NIN Charges: What Is The Government's Endgame? by Amaru101(m): 1:00pm On Jul 09, 2021
Welcome to the zoological republic of Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Improved NIN Charges: What Is The Government's Endgame? by ArewaNightmare: 1:01pm On Jul 09, 2021
grin BUHARI came to kill ,loot and destroy

Expect more 2022 bcuz everyone wants to grab at all cost before NIGERIA disintegrates

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Improved NIN Charges: What Is The Government's Endgame? by fozapi(m): 1:01pm On Jul 09, 2021
we would get biafran IDS,i dont need the useless NIN by the time the NIN would be ready we would have already achieved biafra,for over 8yrs now all i have is the paper slip..zoo is dead

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Improved NIN Charges: What Is The Government's Endgame? by dettolgel: 1:01pm On Jul 09, 2021
This country has failed in all fronts.

May we never experience any government like this again.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Improved NIN Charges: What Is The Government's Endgame? by uchennaq(m): 1:01pm On Jul 09, 2021
This might be for the small roadside computer businesses that will be printing the cards for other Nigerians. As per what I know, the card is 400 naira which will cost 4 credits right. Maybe if you want to take it as a roadside business, you will load your portal and help other people to print. You can charge them for the services of printing to get your profit back.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Improved NIN Charges: What Is The Government's Endgame? by abobote: 1:02pm On Jul 09, 2021
Will it make it serve as visa?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Improved NIN Charges: What Is The Government's Endgame? by ifytrik(m): 1:02pm On Jul 09, 2021
razfad10:
This is ridiculous, I mean you charge us for everything in our country. if you’re using USSD today, the federal government is charging you #6.9 before the bank charges you.
never knew the #6.7kobo am charged whenever I richarge through ussd goes to this useless government o, chain it will not be well with buhari
Naijaguy12345:
I honestly don’t know the answers .
same here, abeg join this flight make we kuku leave this country for good

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Improved NIN Charges: What Is The Government's Endgame? by WoundedLamb: 1:03pm On Jul 09, 2021
Hhmm... Sad if this is what they really intend to do.

Anyway, while the OP has made some intelligent guesses, we shouldn't forget these are still assumptions. So let's always add the "if clause" while criticizing or sharing with others to avoid stamping hypotheses as facts and thereby spreading false information.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Improved NIN Charges: What Is The Government's Endgame? by DukeofNL: 1:04pm On Jul 09, 2021
Nawa o! shocked the legistilathief cowcil shall take action ASAP before we take it ourselves.
NIGERIA WILL BE GREAT AGAIN

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"Video Of SARS Akin Fakorede Hijacking Election Results Has Vindicated Me" -Wike / Labour Party Reacts To Attack On ObiFlagBoy In Lagos / Tinubu 2023: This Is What Is Called "Street Credibility" (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.