Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,811 members, 7,851,722 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:29 AM

Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools (29928 Views)

Man Finally Graduates After Spending 12 Years In University / Lagos Pegs Entry Age Into JSS1 At 12 Years / Primary 4 To 6 Entrance Exam Lesson Into Secondary School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by CSTRR: 4:20pm On Jul 09, 2021
Anybody that told you Nigeria is a country has lied to you.

It is just a habitat where savages gather together to exist and survive.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jul 09, 2021
SURElee:
So you ban them from school and they remain wayward and be negative influences in the larger society.

Who is in charge of that state, education? Don't they have functioning heads, minds in that state?

Gosh!
Oya suggest something better..
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by SonOfTheRisingS: 4:21pm On Jul 09, 2021
Nonsense strategy from lazy criminals in political position. Strategy to denying less privileged children their future.
But it is this same Nigerian State governors that are the sponsors of political thugs that gave birth to cultism after elections?

Who Nigerian school epp set?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by CSTRR: 4:23pm On Jul 09, 2021
Don't be surprised that principals will become even more corrupt and more powerful.
They are the ones that will interpret what "genuine" reasons mean.

Very soon we will start hearing that principal are demanding hundreds of thousands of naira worth of bribe or start sleeping with women in the community so that their children can go to school.

Nigeria is a retrogressive hellhole.
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by subcbouy: 4:23pm On Jul 09, 2021
Why should age become the stagnation of people's dreams? A country that is striving still wants its citizens illiterate because of some disgruntled activities of cultists.
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by YelloweWest: 4:26pm On Jul 09, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
Nigeria and stupidity sad. Is this even legal?
Very stupid country, I swear down angry

It's like we were cursed with senseless leaders
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by Jamesbiodun(m): 4:27pm On Jul 09, 2021
Admission or no admission, they can be initiated in the street too,
Let the kids go to school,
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by fineberry(m): 4:28pm On Jul 09, 2021
The Government, policy force of Akwa Ibom have alot of work on their hand.
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by luluman: 4:29pm On Jul 09, 2021
WoundedLamb:
Just 12 years? I'm sure I missed something. Someone should please educate me. Is it that one could be too old to be educated now? Are there clearly stated conditions for exception? I'd like to know what those are cause there are a hundred and one reasons for which a kid could still be in primary school at that age. And what becomes the fate of the so-called over-aged students? Should we pollute the street to protect the school? I could be wrong but I honestly don't see how this is great idea. I think the government is overwhelmed and ideas aren't forthcoming.

Thanks for your replies though I respectfully disagree with your stance. I read every single letter, guys. I also saw the phrase "with a genuine reason" which you conveniently missed. So you're satisfied with that? To you, that's sufficient to pass a bill? May I ask you what constitutes a "genuine reason"? What reason is not genuine? What are the conditions for exception? What would make you look at a 13 year-old kid and say "no, you can't school again"? Or is it that when the time comes, we'll subjectively decide what reasons are genuine? And what exactly is the implication of the undertaking? When their kids join any secret society 5 years later, you'd arrest them for vouching for them at the age of 13? So those without "genuine reasons" are thrown into the streets just because of the possibility that they might join secret societies in future? In other words, you'd be punishing them for life for the offense they MIGHT commit? Does that sound logical to you? And what happens to the streets? It's okey if the streets are littered with cultists provided the schools are safe?

Let's learn to have an end-to-end view of proposed solutions before implementing them cause the devil is in the details. People don't ask for details and that's why politicians make vague promises and get voted in. It's even sadder when those that ask for details are attacked/shut down.

You & your type are the problems we have nationwide. You dont have any meaningful contributions but very energetic faulting.
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by KayCee92(m): 4:29pm On Jul 09, 2021
Dorime grin
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by estheI(f): 4:40pm On Jul 09, 2021
SONYCITY:
pls advice dm wel even 4 rivers state we are nt sweping bcs of akawa peopel
hahaha see this dumb idiot that cannot even spell correctly.
mumu
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by WoundedLamb: 4:42pm On Jul 09, 2021
luluman:
You & your type are the problems we have nationwide. You dont have any meaningful contributions but very energetic faulting.
Ok sir. I'm sorry for asking those questions.
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by Omoslim26: 4:43pm On Jul 09, 2021
Trying to solve a problem only to end up adding more problems,has been the pattern of this olodo leaders�
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by estheI(f): 4:43pm On Jul 09, 2021
CSTRR:
Anybody that told you Nigeria is a country has lied to you.

It is just a habitat where savages gather together to exist and survive.
WORD
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by TheVoice21(m): 4:44pm On Jul 09, 2021
WoundedLamb:
Just 12 years? I'm sure I missed something. Someone should please educate me. Is it that one could be too old to be educated now? Are there clearly stated conditions for exception? I'd like to know what those are cause there are a hundred and one reasons for which a kid could still be in primary school at that age. And what becomes the fate of the so-called over-aged students? Should we pollute the street to protect the school? I could be wrong but I honestly don't see how this is great idea. I think the government is overwhelmed and ideas aren't forthcoming.

Thanks for your replies though I respectfully disagree with your stance. I read every single letter, guys. I also saw the phrase "with a genuine reason" which you conveniently missed. So you're satisfied with that? To you, that's sufficient to pass a bill? May I ask you what constitutes a "genuine reason"? What reason is not genuine? What are the conditions for exception? What would make you look at a 13 year-old kid and say "no, you can't school again"? Or is it that when the time comes, we'll subjectively decide what reasons are genuine? And what exactly is the implication of the undertaking? When their kids join any secret society 5 years later, you'd arrest them for vouching for them at the age of 13? So those without "genuine reasons" are thrown into the streets just because of the possibility that they might join secret societies in future? In other words, you'd be punishing them for life for the offense they MIGHT commit? Does that sound logical to you? And what happens to the streets? It's okey if the streets are littered with cultists provided the schools are safe?

Let's learn to have an end-to-end view of proposed solutions before implementing them cause the devil is in the details. People don't ask for details and that's why politicians make vague promises and get voted in. It's even sadder when those that ask for details are attacked/shut down.

Well spoken
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by CaptainFM1: 4:49pm On Jul 09, 2021
The last paragraph should have been used to summarize the title. Poor reporting!
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by statesman6: 4:54pm On Jul 09, 2021
WoundedLamb:

you talk too much
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by citypeer(m): 5:01pm On Jul 09, 2021
SURElee:
So you ban them from school and they remain wayward and be negative influences in the larger society.

Who is in charge of that state, education? Don't they have functioning heads, minds in that state?

Gosh!

There is an exception ..Mr poor reader

go back and read quietly this time.
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by nams77: 5:03pm On Jul 09, 2021
WoundedLamb:

I really don't know what our leaders take before passing laws.
Just imagine the rubbish! Someone was even proposing 2,years and arms training for corp members.

The one that shocked me outa my pant was when a state house of assembly passed a bill banning mannequin

How crazy can one be?
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by g4gerald: 5:07pm On Jul 09, 2021
flamingREED:
Good enough since an exception has been made.
Even the exception has a condition, 'with genuine reason', The question is, wat criteria is to be used to tag a reason as genuine or not. Even pple wit the so called not genuine reason will eventually generate a genuine reason to tell them. So the whole tin is useless, our leaders are running out of ideas

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by DonBenny77(m): 5:22pm On Jul 09, 2021
Desperate times call for desperate measures
I support
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by ubee(m): 5:23pm On Jul 09, 2021
I'm struggling to make sense of what i have just read. Unfeasible and outright dumb proposals by our leaders in Naija is nothing new, but this one is just unbelievable, i am struggling to think that someone with a brain in the head proposed this.

I even had to go check the AKSG website for this news, and all i could see related was that the governor vowed to tackle cultism in sec schools, but none of these dumb details of a cutoff in age of admission.

Honestly this is shocking. It has to be fake news.
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by tenpipsperday: 5:23pm On Jul 09, 2021
So if you enter school at eleven you won't join cult.
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by AffBornTwins(f): 5:28pm On Jul 09, 2021
Mftivi:
After they take him there they should come pick you up as well then subject you to brain stimulation therapy let's see if they can wake up your redundant brain cells but I honestly think they will just meet a brick wall.

To me its seems you're practising your new learnt English
Sorry
You got the wrong person
Aponu
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by ubee(m): 5:29pm On Jul 09, 2021
Chai! This is 2021 we are in oh! Anyone in today's Nigeria that struggles to distinguish between Cross River and Akwa Ibom states is just an embarrassment honestly grin
tenpipsperday:
Since this fool joined the evil party he reasons like a man who forces food through the anus.

So if you enter school at eleven you won't join cult. APC reasoning sha.
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by INCREDIBLE007(m): 5:36pm On Jul 09, 2021
SURElee:

Gosh!

he didn't ban them

he inserted conditions
therein
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by INCREDIBLE007(m): 5:39pm On Jul 09, 2021
nams77:

I really don't know what our leaders take before passing laws.
Just imagine the rubbish! Someone was even proposing 2,years and arms training for corp members.

The one that shocked me outa my pant was when a state house of assembly passed a bill banning mannequin

How crazy can one be?

IT'S just highly critical
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by Holluwhakemmy(f): 5:39pm On Jul 09, 2021
Stupid leaders, adding problem to the one on ground. you want to create almajeri in akwa ibom.
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jul 09, 2021
WoundedLamb:

There must be a very genuine reason to keep a child away from enrolling in Secondary School when the State Government is paying the fees for them, and subsidizing on school uniforms?

You do not have the entire information, so stop.
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by ubee(m): 5:41pm On Jul 09, 2021
Absolutely not. He/she gives solid points that are basically irrefutable throughout the post.
It's mostly shallow minded individuals that will see that post as too much talk.
I'm curious - have you ever read a single novel of at least 100 pages and above in your life?
statesman6:
you talk too much
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by WoundedLamb: 5:42pm On Jul 09, 2021
Billyonaire666:

What genuine reason will keep a child away from enrolling in Secondary School when the State Government is paying the fees for them, and subsidizing on school uniforms?

You do not have the entire information, so stop.

You're asking the same question I asked, what's a genuine reason for denying a kid of that age education? The article said "for genuine reasons". What would be considered a genuine reason. And how would the undertaking stop cultism? What happens to the ones without "genuine reasons"?

Your last statement isn't logical. I do not have the entire information so I should stop asking questions? Isn't the fact that I do not have the entire information enough reasons to ask more question?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

JAMB 2013 Cut-off For Universities 180 & Polytechnics 150 / Unilag Cut Off Mark / Panic In Eleme As Parents Storm Schools Over Vaccination (Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.