Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,392 members, 7,861,096 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:15 AM

PDP May Counter Southern Govs On Zoning, Throw Presidential Ticket Open - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP May Counter Southern Govs On Zoning, Throw Presidential Ticket Open (13695 Views)

APC Under Pressure To Throw Presidential Contest Open / 2023: PDP Governors Agree To Throw Presidential Ticket Open / "We Rescued Kankara Schoolboys" — Military Contradicts Govs On Miyetti Allah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP May Counter Southern Govs On Zoning, Throw Presidential Ticket Open by barcaboi(m): 10:34am On Jul 10, 2021
nairavsdollars:
Throw it open. APC should do same
You can’t choose for a party you don’t support

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP May Counter Southern Govs On Zoning, Throw Presidential Ticket Open by NOETHNICITY(m): 11:26am On Jul 10, 2021
PDP is really useless
I expect them to be shopping for a competent southerner, someone like Akinwumi Adeshina

1 Like

Re: PDP May Counter Southern Govs On Zoning, Throw Presidential Ticket Open by teepain: 11:37am On Jul 10, 2021
Penguin2:

I’m Igbo my dear.

My thinking is that we need ensure APC doesn’t retain power.

The Fulani feudalists in the party won’t let a Southern president perform.

Or you think the Fulanis will give up their agenda just like that?

If you are scared of the Fulanis in APC, they are equally present in PDP, so what's the point? I am just seeking clarification though.

1 Like

Re: PDP May Counter Southern Govs On Zoning, Throw Presidential Ticket Open by macjireh: 12:54pm On Jul 10, 2021
Penguin2:
PDP is driven by existential needs.

They know that if they field a southerner with APC, then APC is likely to beat them in the game again. Because APC might hand it’s ticket to a Yoruba while PDP will likely field an Igbo man.

When this happens, APC propaganda machine will finish the PDP candidate up in the north; telling northerners how the ‘nyamiri’ will divide Nigeria if given power and that power should go a Yoruba man instead.

We know these things!

If you ask me, I will tell you APC is the one speaking through the Southern Governors and I urge PDP not to fall for the gimmick.

PDP should field a northerner. Let’s take power from these vultures first. That’s paramount.

So, I support the motion that PDP should throw the damn ticket open.
2023 Would be very interesting bkos,,d question is who will APC front for president? should they front Tinubu,,who will be his running mate from d north? kos we can't have a Muslim/Muslim ticket...if APC fronts osinbanjo and a running mate from d north,, it will most likely to sell...on d oda hand d best bet for PDP is to field a northern/eastern candidate like Atiku/Obi,,,but with dat , d whole country will be thrown into confusion of who to vote....in all a northern/eastern ticket for PDP will pull weight marginally.... northerners will still fall on d side of their own come wat may
Re: PDP May Counter Southern Govs On Zoning, Throw Presidential Ticket Open by authority2006(m): 12:54pm On Jul 10, 2021
bigpicture001:

You are day dreaming....have no choice...a people who are 92 percent of a gathering will say something and u think it wll not carry the day..?

INEC is not a party..nd whoever you field is not rejected base on region

There was a mistake in my last paragraph.

Personally, my opinion as a politician, PDP has no other choice than to field southerner northerner in 2023.
Re: PDP May Counter Southern Govs On Zoning, Throw Presidential Ticket Open by authority2006(m): 12:59pm On Jul 10, 2021
macjireh:

2023 Would be very interesting bkos,,d question is who will APC front for president? should they front Tinubu,,who will be his running mate from d north? kos we can't have a Muslim/Muslim ticket...if APC fronts osinbanjo and a running mate from d north,, it will most likely to sell...on d oda hand d best bet for PDP is to field a northern/eastern candidate like Atiku/Obi,,,but with dat , d whole country will be thrown into confusion of who to vote....in all a northern/eastern ticket for PDP will pull weight marginally.... northerners will still fall on d side of their own come wat may

You are wrong!
You would be surprised to see what they called party supremacy in action. A northerner who is an APC member believes he has nothing to gain for voting for a northerner who is a PDP candidate, Atiku for instance.
Likewise, a southerner who is a PDP member believes he has nothing to gain for voting for a southerner who is an APC candidate, Tinubu for instance. That's politics for you.

1 Like

Re: PDP May Counter Southern Govs On Zoning, Throw Presidential Ticket Open by macjireh: 1:09pm On Jul 10, 2021
authority2006:

You are wrong!
You would be surprised to see what they called party supremacy in action. A northerner who is an APC member believes he has nothing to gain for voting for a northerner who is a PDP candidate, Atiku for instance.
Likewise, a southerner who is a PDP member believes he has nothing to gain for voting for a southerner who is an APC candidate, Tinubu for instance. That's politics for you.
come wat may,,I believe by 2023 we should get it right...actually nothing is wrong with APC or PDP... d only wrong man in d mix right now is d current president.... so who ever wins it in 2023 is OK by me....weda PDP or APC ooo,,they are d same people,, let's not deceive ourselves
Re: PDP May Counter Southern Govs On Zoning, Throw Presidential Ticket Open by chrisvic007: 1:24pm On Jul 10, 2021
muykem:
Hatred has taken better part of you. Compare igbo stake in Nigeria under Obasanjo a Yoruba man and their stake under fulani man? I am not surprised though because I have heard a story of people going to herbalist not for their greatness but that no member of their family should be greater than them.

Unfortunately, that is the nature of an African man. You scored the bull's eye.
Re: PDP May Counter Southern Govs On Zoning, Throw Presidential Ticket Open by Bundaweber: 1:44pm On Jul 10, 2021
AroleOduduwa2:
PDP should throw their ticket open between the NC, SE and SW. SS, NE and NW shouldn’t be in contention.

I don’t think any of our current political class has what it takes to change the country, Nigeria is rotten, in deep debt and filled with hate.

Restructuring is the answer so every region can hold their leader accountable

Why should the SW be there and not SS
Re: PDP May Counter Southern Govs On Zoning, Throw Presidential Ticket Open by SuaveMagnum: 2:53pm On Jul 10, 2021
Gireiboy:

Bro! out of the sixteen years PDP ruled the country, the so called southerners ruled for 14 years, in all honesty i think is the turn of the northerners as far as zoning is concerned.
what my friend here is saying is if apc wins the next 3 general elections, the pdp ticket will always be reserved for a northener. grin grin grin
Re: PDP May Counter Southern Govs On Zoning, Throw Presidential Ticket Open by Ayomivic(m): 4:06pm On Jul 10, 2021
[quote author=NGpatriot post=103549459][/quote]

Since our President can't fish out the sponsors of the Boko Haram, iswap, and bandits in the northern part of the country. The northerner should not be allowed to be president pending the time the terrorists would be defeated.
Re: PDP May Counter Southern Govs On Zoning, Throw Presidential Ticket Open by Akanbiedu(m): 4:37pm On Jul 10, 2021
muykem:
Hatred has taken better part of you. Compare igbo stake in Nigeria under Obasanjo a Yoruba man and their stake under fulani man? I am not surprised though because I have heard a story of people going to herbalist not for their greatness but that no member of their family should be greater than them.

This comment, very funny.
Re: PDP May Counter Southern Govs On Zoning, Throw Presidential Ticket Open by Penguin2: 5:02pm On Jul 10, 2021
Eastcoastboy:

Wise man. All they have to do is bring out a northerner for the race then a southerner( south east) So it would be a fair play. With the hope of after his reign he uses the power of incumbency and pave way for his vice the easterner.

Thank God you understand where I’m coming from.

If somebody like Atiku, a liberal northerner, wins the presidency, he will diffuse, to a great extent, the apprehension of the north against the East so that when elections come, the north can vote an Igbo man.

The recent increase in the hate against the Igbo is due to the rhetorics of those in power.

That’s why we need to defeat APC.

1 Like

Re: PDP May Counter Southern Govs On Zoning, Throw Presidential Ticket Open by Penguin2: 5:07pm On Jul 10, 2021
macjireh:

Personally I’d prefer an Atiku/Obi victory over anything that will make APC to still be in power.

The party is demonic and people by illiterate hegemonist who are not interested in our common good as a country but in conquering the rest of the country for their fellow Fulani brothers from all over the world.
Re: PDP May Counter Southern Govs On Zoning, Throw Presidential Ticket Open by Coolgent(m): 5:27pm On Jul 10, 2021
Penguin2:
PDP is driven by existential needs.

They know that if they field a southerner with APC, then APC is likely to beat them in the game again. Because APC might hand it’s ticket to a Yoruba while PDP will likely field an Igbo man.

When this happens, APC propaganda machine will finish the PDP candidate up in the north; telling northerners how the ‘nyamiri’ will divide Nigeria if given power and that power should go a Yoruba man instead.

We know these things!

If you ask me, I will tell you APC is the one speaking through the Southern Governors and I urge PDP not to fall for the gimmick.

PDP should field a northerner. Let’s take power from these vultures first. That’s paramount.

So, I support the motion that PDP should throw the damn ticket open.
U are right 100%
Northerners regardless of party affiliation will vote PDP candidate against Southern APC candidate
Re: PDP May Counter Southern Govs On Zoning, Throw Presidential Ticket Open by Ovamboland(m): 5:58pm On Jul 10, 2021
Ayomivic:

Since our President can't fish out the sponsors of the Boko Haram, iswap, and bandits in the northern part of the country. The northerner should not be allowed to be president pending the time the terrorists would be defeated.

Why didn't GEJ fish out the sponsors of Boko Haram for the first 5 years he battled them?

1 Like

Re: PDP May Counter Southern Govs On Zoning, Throw Presidential Ticket Open by macjireh: 5:59pm On Jul 10, 2021
Penguin2:

Personally I’d prefer an Atiku/Obi victory over anything that will make APC to still be in power.

The party is demonic and people by illiterate hegemonist who are not interested in our common good as a country but in conquering the rest of the country for their fellow Fulani brothers from all over the world.

I share same feelings,,, but I think buhari is d only figure dat made APC d demonic party dat it is, kos every decision they make is centred on buharis nepotism
Re: PDP May Counter Southern Govs On Zoning, Throw Presidential Ticket Open by Ovamboland(m): 6:32pm On Jul 10, 2021
Penguin2:

If somebody like Atiku, a liberal northerner, wins the presidency, he will diffuse, to a great extent, the apprehension of the north against the East so that when elections come, the north can vote an Igbo man.

The recent increase in the hate against the Igbo is due to the rhetorics of those in power.

You are playing your game to pave way for somebody from your region SE to emerge faster as president, for that you are willing to sacrifice any nonsense southern solidarity for your aim. This is allowed and is part of politics.

I just laugh at those from SW who are so gullible to be willing to throw away their current advantage of having a sitting VP and positioning for presidency on the alter of one nonsense southern solidarity. APC governors in the south are most gullible, rather than consult and network within their ruling party, they join a dying party PDP to be issuing threats against their northern colleagues a number of whom had expressed support publicly for power shift south.

1 Like

Re: PDP May Counter Southern Govs On Zoning, Throw Presidential Ticket Open by Ovamboland(m): 6:40pm On Jul 10, 2021
Penguin2:

Just say you want an arrangement that will bring your ethnic person closer to the corridor of power. You don't care about any fake southern solidarity, it's part of group interest politics. Just some foolish ones plenty on this street who don't understand their group long term interest like you do.

You mean Fashola, Osinbajo, Fayemi, Tinubu, Sanwo Olu etc are Fulani hegemonist? You probably won't vote for them over Obi even if they were in PDP

1 Like

Re: PDP May Counter Southern Govs On Zoning, Throw Presidential Ticket Open by macjireh: 6:49pm On Jul 10, 2021
bigpicture001:

The APC sold that mentality of having southerner to you...fielding a northerner is PDP best chance....APC fielded a northerner against PDP southerner in 2015....so they should get used to their own tablet...

Now they disguise under southern interest
if APC sells Amaechi as president and a northern vice,,there will be chaos in d PDP camp
Re: PDP May Counter Southern Govs On Zoning, Throw Presidential Ticket Open by macjireh: 6:51pm On Jul 10, 2021
Penguin2:

but on a second thought,, APC could sell Amaechi as president and a northern vice,,wat would be ur pick if dat happens?
Re: PDP May Counter Southern Govs On Zoning, Throw Presidential Ticket Open by NGpatriot: 7:02pm On Jul 10, 2021
Coolgent:

U are right 100%
Northerners regardless of party affiliation will vote PDP candidate against Southern APC candidate

You are wrong, Northerners don't vote based on party affiliations, they vote based on local treads and leadership direction regardless of the candidate's geographical origin.

If they say vote for candidate A from the South instead of candidate B from the North, then it means they are voting from candidate A from the South.
Re: PDP May Counter Southern Govs On Zoning, Throw Presidential Ticket Open by muykem: 7:39pm On Jul 10, 2021
Penguin2:

But you failed to understand that igbo doesn't have important stake in PDP again. There's no way Atiku or any other northerner candidate will choose Igbo man as running mate again.

1 Like

Re: PDP May Counter Southern Govs On Zoning, Throw Presidential Ticket Open by Sleekfingers: 11:21pm On Jul 10, 2021
nokspos:
what's the outcome of endsars, the youth should come up with a party and a president.

you mean those lazy youths? Na online dem dey conduct their elections........even to come out and vote, dem no go come out........

Thats why the northerners they also dey get upper hand, when it comes to election......the northern elites have brainwashed their people......they all come out enmasse to vote for their people........but we southerners stay in our comfort zone. And just be complaining..........do you think if atiku, yaya bello, gandollar, hell rufai contest for president, the northerners wont for them? They follow their leaders like sheep......but we southerners like to throw our leaders to the wolves.........thats why the north is waxing stronger in politics.......

1 Like

Re: PDP May Counter Southern Govs On Zoning, Throw Presidential Ticket Open by Coolgent(m): 11:31pm On Jul 10, 2021
NGpatriot:

You are wrong, Northerners don't vote based on party affiliations, they vote based on local treads and leadership direction regardless of the candidate's geographical origin.

If they say vote for candidate A from the South instead of candidate B from the North, then it means they are voting from candidate A from the South.

U are wrong Mr.
I knew what am saying.
We shall see
Re: PDP May Counter Southern Govs On Zoning, Throw Presidential Ticket Open by Eastcoastboy(m): 12:22pm On Jul 11, 2021
Penguin2:

Everly they have to go. I wish PDP would produce Bukola Saraki for the presidential seat.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Justus Mogekwu: Ban Christians Without PVCs From Holy Communion / Unavailability Of Results On Irev Portal Not A Ground For Nullification - Court / Police Transfer 1,100 Officers Out Of Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.