Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,415 members, 7,861,168 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:30 AM

PDP May Counter Southern Govs On Zoning, Throw Presidential Ticket Open - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP May Counter Southern Govs On Zoning, Throw Presidential Ticket Open (13698 Views)

APC Under Pressure To Throw Presidential Contest Open / 2023: PDP Governors Agree To Throw Presidential Ticket Open / "We Rescued Kankara Schoolboys" — Military Contradicts Govs On Miyetti Allah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP May Counter Southern Govs On Zoning, Throw Presidential Ticket Open by Gunayo(m): 7:34am On Jul 10, 2021
Jones4190:
Even if PDP give the ticket to my father, I will vote against my own dad. Nothing good will come out of PDP again
Just tell us you are not in good terms with your father and save us the gibberish.

1 Like

Re: PDP May Counter Southern Govs On Zoning, Throw Presidential Ticket Open by Gireiboy(m): 7:38am On Jul 10, 2021
Ceenachi:
You see PDP confusion is not from today. No intention of compensating your ardent supporters from the South
Bro! out of the sixteen years PDP ruled the country, the so called southerners ruled for 14 years, in all honesty i think is the turn of the northerners as far as zoning is concerned.

1 Like

Re: PDP May Counter Southern Govs On Zoning, Throw Presidential Ticket Open by hakeemhakeem(m): 7:41am On Jul 10, 2021
BigSarah:
No doubt it's the turn of the north, but buhari's nepotism and style of ruling is what's putting up refusal in the south

At what basics?is it in APC that bubu would have spend 8 yrs or PDP should be given the tickets to the north till they win back the federal even if it take them 30 yrs

1 Like

Re: PDP May Counter Southern Govs On Zoning, Throw Presidential Ticket Open by olatuns2017: 8:07am On Jul 10, 2021
2023 elections is almost here

Forget PDP in 2023;they are Gunner

Secondus can never forget Atiku dollars
Re: PDP May Counter Southern Govs On Zoning, Throw Presidential Ticket Open by bigpicture001: 8:10am On Jul 10, 2021
Jones4190:
Even if PDP give the ticket to my father, I will vote against my own dad. Nothing good will come out of PDP again

Who gave u gsm...gave u more tertiary education, gave u massive infrastructure uplift, increasedbur mums salaries 4x as a teacher built u first good rialways to kaduna, estblished efcc,enforced bvn to cut fraud, establish FG scholarship through PTDF, built naija gas trains 1,2,3,4,5,6..., Wiped out your foreign debt,set up NLGP formulated 13% derivation for niger delta...I can go on and on...the thing is that u have been totally brinwashed..

The problem is not PDP but you that cannot tell yoyr left from your right...I pity the children that would come out from your procreation
Re: PDP May Counter Southern Govs On Zoning, Throw Presidential Ticket Open by bigpicture001: 8:13am On Jul 10, 2021
Dpharisee:
PDP is lagging behind, it's obvious that the discussion is no longer about having Igbo or Yoruba or Efik as president but having a southern president, if the South insist on this stance and stands together, we can't have another Fulani president come 2023

The APC sold that mentality of having southerner to you...fielding a northerner is PDP best chance....APC fielded a northerner against PDP southerner in 2015....so they should get used to their own tablet...

Now they disguise under southern interest
Re: PDP May Counter Southern Govs On Zoning, Throw Presidential Ticket Open by authority2006(m): 8:15am On Jul 10, 2021
bhella10:
Never again will a Fulani cow rule us. I don't even care if the next president is Tinubu. But never a Northern politician. Never!

PDP as a political party can't say that because they know better. Their only chance in 2023 is a northerner as their candidate, no any other way. It is a great dilemma for them, for igbos too, as southerners are already clamouring to be sole candidates.
Re: PDP May Counter Southern Govs On Zoning, Throw Presidential Ticket Open by Nobody: 8:15am On Jul 10, 2021
If you happen to be political inclined you will know, that is only way they can win presidential election. Definitely, their candidate will come from north and Mark my words, anything that comes from that zone,even if the candidate don't have anything to offer , they must vote him. We are not casting vote over here in the south. An average Southerner will tell you that the elections have already rigged,so no need of voting. But, northerners do keep awake at polling unit a day before election. Whoever PDP present from north, guys forget it . They must win it.
Re: PDP May Counter Southern Govs On Zoning, Throw Presidential Ticket Open by authority2006(m): 8:19am On Jul 10, 2021
They pointed out that, of the 16 years the PDP was in power, southerners were president for about 14 years.

No southerner in the party has shown interest in the 2023 presidential race so far.

PDP is already disappointing wailing wailers.

1 Like

Re: PDP May Counter Southern Govs On Zoning, Throw Presidential Ticket Open by authority2006(m): 8:22am On Jul 10, 2021
bigpicture001:

The APC sold that mentality of having southerner to you...fielding a northerner is PDP best chance....APC fielded a northerner against PDP southerner in 2015....so they should get used to their own tablet...

Now they disguise under southern interest

Lol. Why don't you call your party's governors and reps out instead of accusing APC? Are you telling me that igbos don't want PDP presidential ticket after dedicating like 22 years of democracy to PDP?

2 Likes

Re: PDP May Counter Southern Govs On Zoning, Throw Presidential Ticket Open by bigpicture001: 8:28am On Jul 10, 2021
authority2006:

Lol. Why don't you call your party's governors and reps out instead of accusing APC? Are you telling me that igbos don't PDP presidential ticket after dedicating like 22 years of democracy to PDP?

I am.not a tribal promoter..I am a closer..I make things work.....if I have a job to land the PDP in 2023...the best strategy is northern candidates....APC have an option to also field southerner in 2015...but chose the opposite....

Why not do southern unity
Re: PDP May Counter Southern Govs On Zoning, Throw Presidential Ticket Open by Hilena(m): 8:34am On Jul 10, 2021
History555:
Both pdp and apc will eventually present northern candidates. Mumu and ass licking southern politicians will fight and abuse themselves on who will be vice while their mumu southern voters battle themselves on behalf of the north.

We will go for youth democratic party if that's the only choice we have, the end is near for APC and PDP
Re: PDP May Counter Southern Govs On Zoning, Throw Presidential Ticket Open by Nobody: 8:36am On Jul 10, 2021
Penguin2:
PDP is driven by existential needs.

They know that if they field a southerner with APC, then APC is likely to beat them in the game again. Because APC might hand it’s ticket to a Yoruba while PDP will likely field an Igbo man.

When this happens, APC propaganda machine will finish the PDP candidate up in the north; telling northerners how the ‘nyamiri’ will divide Nigeria if given power and that power should go a Yoruba man instead.

We know these things!

If you ask me, I will tell you APC is the one speaking through the Southern Governors and I urge PDP not to fall for the gimmick.

PDP should field a northerner. Let’s take power from these vultures first. That’s paramount.

So, I support the motion that PDP should throw the damn ticket open.
IMAGINE WHAT THIS ONE IS THINKING.TAKE POWER FROM THE NORTH AND HAND IT BACK TO THE NORTH JUST BECAUSE A YORUBA MAN WILL LIKELY EMERGE AS APC FLAG BEARER.
IF APC NOMINATES OSHINBAJO,THE VICE PRESIDENT,WILL NIGERIA NOT BE BETTER FOR IT?.
ANYWAY,YOUR PEOLPLE HAVE SEEN THAT THE NEXT PRESIDENT IS 99% SURE COMING FROM APC EXCEPT IF SOMETHING STRANGE HAPPENS.

1 Like

Re: PDP May Counter Southern Govs On Zoning, Throw Presidential Ticket Open by authority2006(m): 8:37am On Jul 10, 2021
bigpicture001:

I am.not a tribal promoter..I am a closer..I make things work.....if I have a job to land the PDP in 2023...the best strategy is northern candidates.... APC have an option to also field southerner in 2015...but chose the opposite....

Why not do southern unity

Firstly, I didn't say PDP shouldn't field northerner, but why accusing APC when PDP governors and reps are there too making cases for southern candidates?

Secondly, PDP too had options of choosing southerner in 2015. In fact, Jonathan betrayed them by not honouring the agreement they had and the party lost out.

Personally, my opinion as a politician, PDP has no other choice than to field southerner Northerner in 2023.
Re: PDP May Counter Southern Govs On Zoning, Throw Presidential Ticket Open by Hilena(m): 8:40am On Jul 10, 2021
Penguin2:

They know that if they field a southerner with APC, then APC is likely to beat them in the game again. Because APC might hand it’s ticket to a Yoruba while PDP will likely field an Igbo man.

When this happens, APC propaganda machine will finish the PDP candidate up in the north; telling northerners how the ‘nyamiri’ will divide Nigeria if given power and that power should go a Yoruba man instead.

We know these things!

If you ask me, I will tell you APC is the one speaking through the Southern Governors and I urge PDP not to fall for the gimmick.

PDP should field a northerner. Let’s take power from these vultures first. That’s paramount.

I disagree with you totally... You only want power to remain in the north no matter the party, power must go to the Yoruba's or Igbo's
Re: PDP May Counter Southern Govs On Zoning, Throw Presidential Ticket Open by Penguin2: 8:44am On Jul 10, 2021
Hilena:

I disagree with you totally... You only want power to remain in the north no matter the party, power must go to the Yoruba's or Igbo's

I’m Igbo my dear.

My thinking is that we need ensure APC doesn’t retain power.

The Fulani feudalists in the party won’t let a Southern president perform.

Or you think the Fulanis will give up their agenda just like that?

1 Like

Re: PDP May Counter Southern Govs On Zoning, Throw Presidential Ticket Open by skywalker240(m): 8:46am On Jul 10, 2021
jeyem:
let vote for somone who will make Nigeria GREAT again, I dont care where that person come from, The problem we are having in this country is that we didnt see our self has one nigeria! American is so big and they see each other as one American. Alaska alone, a state in America is bigger than nigeria so dont think nigeria is big, let see each other as one and make NIGERIA GREAT again.
Fvck ONE NIGERIA,

but most importantly,

FVCK anyone clamouring for ONE NIGERIA
Re: PDP May Counter Southern Govs On Zoning, Throw Presidential Ticket Open by bigpicture001: 8:48am On Jul 10, 2021
authority2006:

Firstly, I didn't say PDP shouldn't field northerner, but why accusing APC when PDP governors and reps are there too making cases for southern candidates?

Secondly, PDP too had options of choosing southerner in 2015. In fact, Jonathan betrayed them by not honouring the agreement they had and the party lost out.

Personally, my opinion as a politician, PDP has no other choice than to field southerner in 2023.

You are day dreaming....have no choice...a people who are 92 percent of a gathering will say something and u think it wll not carry the day..?

INEC is not a party..nd whoever you field is not rejected base on region
Re: PDP May Counter Southern Govs On Zoning, Throw Presidential Ticket Open by History555: 9:00am On Jul 10, 2021
ThatFairGuy1:
No Yorubas are not INCONSEQUENTIAL unlike you people. We own APC ticket

Yea right. Shebi mai bunu and other northern politicians moving from govt house to govt house to persuade pdp govs to defect are doing so because of the sw. No need for arguments, dec 2022 will clear ur eyes. Ur oga tinubu has gotten the mssg loud and clear. Omoshe like u is still forming voltron
Re: PDP May Counter Southern Govs On Zoning, Throw Presidential Ticket Open by tnerro1(m): 9:01am On Jul 10, 2021
PDP should not throw it open, it should be zoned to the south. Forget about Atiku, he can not win an election in this country the way things stand. You put Atiku and APC puts a southern person then it is bye bye PDP for the next 8 years and if APC puts a northern person, it will be the same story if PDP puts Atiku

1 Like

Re: PDP May Counter Southern Govs On Zoning, Throw Presidential Ticket Open by Ugonna62: 9:03am On Jul 10, 2021
Exactly! Infact for PDP to win at this point in Nigeria, Atiku Abubakar is the only man to secure the Presidency for them, not just any Northerner,.sentiments Apart.Opposition party has no business talking about power rotation,.Rotate What? You cant Rotate what you dont have.its APC that should be talking about Rotation.if PDP political stakeholders will swallow their ego and put their individual intrest aside and go for the most popular and strongest candidate in the person of Atiku Abubarka,i can assure you that 2023 presidential election is a done deal for PDP,that is if the Govt. pass the Amended electoral bill with electronic transfar of result inclusive,but if PDP want to waist their time as they'r currently doing in Anambra, they can go for an unpopular candidate for selfish reasons and perpetuate themselve in opposition.Southern Governors Forum position on Power Rotation is largely a South West APC Agenda,PDP should not fall for it.
Re: PDP May Counter Southern Govs On Zoning, Throw Presidential Ticket Open by PIMPAR: 9:04am On Jul 10, 2021
Over to you, the Atikulated crew slave crew from the east

1 Like

Re: PDP May Counter Southern Govs On Zoning, Throw Presidential Ticket Open by Eastcoastboy(m): 9:16am On Jul 10, 2021
Penguin2:

We know these things!

Wise man. All they have to do is bring out a northerner for the race then a southerner( south east) for VP. So it would be fair play. With the hope of after his reign he uses the power of incumbency and pave way for his vice the easterner.
Re: PDP May Counter Southern Govs On Zoning, Throw Presidential Ticket Open by Eastcoastboy(m): 9:20am On Jul 10, 2021
Ceenachi:
You see PDP confusion is not from today. No intention of compensating your ardent supporters from the South

To be frank these guys are not even ready. All they want is to be put in a position that money flows. Check it! Who has declared interest so far? Or you think power is served on a platter of gold. Buhari contested consistently like his life depended on it. Which southerner has been that dogged about the position in that same manner.

1 Like

Re: PDP May Counter Southern Govs On Zoning, Throw Presidential Ticket Open by Eastcoastboy(m): 9:26am On Jul 10, 2021
muykem:
Hatred has taken better part of you. Compare igbo stake in Nigeria under Obasanjo a Yoruba man and their stake under fulani man? I am not surprised though because I have heard a story of people going to herbalist not for their greatness but that no member of their family should be greater than them.

He said the truth to some certain extent. But you take a look at it. It seems it's the stake we're most concerned about. Why not fight as hard as these folks are doing. We just want to be given appointments and we're okay. Even our representatives are nothing to write home about. Some have been there for 8 years and more still nothing to show for it. See our leaders are the problem they keep deciding for their own selfish interest instead of the interest of the people.
Re: PDP May Counter Southern Govs On Zoning, Throw Presidential Ticket Open by Eastcoastboy(m): 9:28am On Jul 10, 2021
nokspos:
what's the outcome of endsars, the youth should come up with a party and a president.

Nna ehn! They should not tell me those guys died for a vain course!

1 Like

Re: PDP May Counter Southern Govs On Zoning, Throw Presidential Ticket Open by barcaboi(m): 10:33am On Jul 10, 2021
Penguin2:

We know these things!

Lol Na una go still complain of fulanization

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Okorocha: ‘Imo Owes Me N8 Billion. I Fed Myself As Governor For 8 Years’ / How Peter Obi Performed As Governor In Terms Of IGR / Owerri The Cleanest City In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.