Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,825 members, 7,851,783 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:04 AM

Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience (17991 Views)

Corper Calls Out A Conductor Who Touched Her Vagina In Onitsha / Nursing Mother Drags A Conductor Who Slapped Her Over N50 / A Conductor Fights A Policeman In Oshodi, Lagos (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by angrykids(m): 7:58am On Jul 10, 2021
Few months back I was at ojota boarded on a bus going to onipan, immediately the bus left ojota the conductor collected his money, the driver didn't drive from ojota to short bridge in between ojota and Maryland the bus broke down, conductor give us our money back let's look for another bus he refused, the driver kept on shouting that we shud be patience he would fix the bus, wen it clear that the fault was beyond them, the conductor now agreed to put us into a bus meanwhile 2 passagers had left after dishing out different curses on both the driver and the conductor, wen the bus finally arrive to transload the remaining of us i immediately jumped in, so wen the conductor came with the rest of the passangers he spoke with the new conductor and counted us I believe we shud be 5 to go with the new bus, which the former conductor paid for, on getting to Anthony the conductor looked at me and asked me for money, I was like the former conductor already paid, he said no that he didn't pay for me, he only collected 400naira for 4people that I must pay, we got into heated argument which distracted the conductor to concentrate, who was no more calling passagers either was he mentioning bustop where passagers would alight, the driver was so annoyed with the conductor that he had to officially park at my bustop and drove both of us down the bus, shouted at the conductor he won't work with him again, collected the money with the conductor, wen the driver was about driving out from onipan omo the conductor still hang for the back of the Danfo bus they follow the driver they go I just jejely cross to the other side they go my house.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by phorget(m): 8:06am On Jul 10, 2021
TheMostComplex1:

Sorry about what happened to you but why don't you want to share the story.

Note all this wickedness happens everywhere but some states are too notorious for this

My story...

2017 had been my worst year on earth, though it all started with good news of me getting a number of contracts. I thought it wise to sub-contract one of the jobs to a friend who's in the same line,I successfully delivered my own end of the contracts and profits were recorded.
Along the line I got a call from the client whose my friend was suppose to handle his project complaining about the bad job done on his site so my presence was needed. I had to travel all the way from Lagos to Akure so as to see things for myself. Alas! The job was so awful that I had to personally spend over five thousand Naira so as to maintain the little name I've built for myself.

Meanwhile a close friend was busy planning for his wedding which was to take place around September and my sordid experience just ended around July. I had no option than to involve in both the wedding planning and preparations and it all involved money.
My friend had a successful wedding at Akoko in Ondo state lo and behold I was totally broke after my friend's wedding party.

I started hoping for another contract...

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by ogelekpomgam(m): 8:08am On Jul 10, 2021
phorget:

Similar incident happened to me at Onitcha some years back, if I had a gun I would have killed somebody that day. That singular act made me to hate the igbos till date.
Am so sorry,nwanne m. cry
Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by Gmajor(m): 8:08am On Jul 10, 2021
Realtalk20:
This is a strange thread indeed

What a way to start the weekend by recounting how a bus conductor slapped you and looking for other fellows who have been slapped by conductors ? Why, to form a union of people who conductors slapped?

I don't understand what is happening on this forum again. Is it a lack of quality content or what ?

Of what Value to humanity or animals is this information going to be?

Why not kuku turn this forum to an x-rated site so we can finally confirm that it is dead indeed?
My brother, na saw dust full your head.

10 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by pacespot(m): 8:12am On Jul 10, 2021
If you want to come down from a danfo in Lagos without collecting your change first, na sorry be your name. And if you don't know where you are going, stop telling the conductor as he might want to charge you more for this. Instead ask one of the passengers first as you can now use the little info to tell conductor where to stop for you.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by donnie(m): 8:20am On Jul 10, 2021
smiley
Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by redcliff: 8:22am On Jul 10, 2021
xpressionx:
grin
A guy was in a hurry in Aba some years ago,he boarded a bus that the loaders were shouting port "2 chance" and they collected money from him immediately.
When one person enter,someone comes down,and it continued like that,then it dawned on him that it was the agbero staff that filled the bus.
The man that was in a hurry ended up spending over an hour there.
So he was shouting at them to give him back his money and the refused.

When the bus finally got filled,the agbero gave him back his money and asked to come down beche gas been shouting since and the man refused.

The agbero gave him a dirty slap,as he came down to fight they put another passenger in his seat and gave him back his money and the bus moved.

Since then I always open my eyes and observe anytime I visit aba to buy goods.

that na devil comot for hellfire come obstruct whatever that guy need accomplish that day.
Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by CloudResident(m): 8:23am On Jul 10, 2021
E don dey happen taytay! So was going to work that particular evening many years back when the conductor tried to charge me the cost of ikeja as the same as second gate after Guinness from Alhaja 1,Agege.We argued and shouted at each other and in the end he collected the fare from me.
As the vanagone bus moved after I got down, the conductor tried to slap me which I was prepared for and dodged. I slapped him instead and he quickly called on his driver to wait.
In short the guy beat me that day. undecided

13 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by Vulcan24(m): 8:24am On Jul 10, 2021
In public bus, you mind your business, even if you been abused

I have cultivated a dumb habit there
Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by Iceyjayzz(m): 8:24am On Jul 10, 2021
wman:

You insulted him too by calling him a fool. Now you're deleting your insult and running to call mods.

What a shame of a man you are. Behaving like a primary school student.

If he were alive, 2pac on your dp would be ashamed of you.
Get out of my sight nigga, I realized I made a mistake by quoting him in the first place that's why I deleted the comment and if you weren't blind you will know that he insulted me first, take a hike! cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by UKBobo(m): 8:24am On Jul 10, 2021
phorget:

Similar incident happened to me at Onitcha some years back, if I had a gun I would have killed somebody that day. That singular act made me to hate the igbos till date.

Small mind...yet it's the English and Americans you love till date. grin grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by AntiWailer: 8:32am On Jul 10, 2021
Head of Ibu ko.

Olorriibu na Unfortunate Fellow
Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by Nobody: 8:33am On Jul 10, 2021
Mine is rather strange.

Few times I forgot my change with conductors ,other times I chartered other people's cases in the bus ,then other times conductors tried to woo me because I was too friendly.

There was this one time some years ago,I boarded a bus in front of school gate, the bus driver kept winking at me through the mirror, then I was in 100level had this baby face that you would think I was 12,I guess the guy thought I was fresh meat to devour.

Anyway,i gave him a tongue out and a fvck you sign,he laughed hard and asked his conductor to collect my number. I just ignored his conductor who kept asking,that even made me more irritated add that to the bus driver that kept winking till I highlighted from the bus.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by sorepco(m): 8:37am On Jul 10, 2021
Hate the igbos? That means every other Nigerian in Lagos should hate the yorubas because of agberos? Think agsin bro..
phorget:

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by Bebson007(m): 8:37am On Jul 10, 2021
Choi Op, i don die! If na me d guy woze slap i go pursue am with bike, even if he likes make him go reach Ondo them teach him a sweet lesson. But that your Oloribu interpretation got me cracking.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by eagleonearth(m): 8:43am On Jul 10, 2021
Iceyjayzz:
I remember my ordeal with one years ago, I could remember vividly I was in high school, SS1 precisely then and the conductor wanted to play smart, he thought because i look like one fresh ajebutter then he could mess with me; I gave this hoodlum 500 Naira to drop me at my bus stop and he was to give me change of 420

but immediately I asked him after we were close to my bus stop, this guy started denying that I didn't give him 500 naira blah blah blah, he started cursing and I immediately changed it for him, I told him and the driver that if they didn't give me my change that the danfo will not go anywhere, infact I was ready to brawl with the agberoish conductor that stinks from excessive weed and dry gin, the few passengers left inside the danfo started begging until they gave me my change and I left them..

When I got home and narrated everything that transpired to my mom, she was angry and was like "what if something terrible happened to me, what if i got hurt blah blah".

But the fact is that if you aren't smart in Lagos, alot of people will take advantage of you, you have to be street smart and shine your eyes if you want to survive in Lagos.
don't go about fighting dirty for money less than a dollar which might cost you your life. Being street smart is not all about dragging. Sometimes you can prevent things about coming by smartness

6 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by Solexgzy(m): 8:44am On Jul 10, 2021

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by olalekan9320(m): 8:44am On Jul 10, 2021
phorget:

Because one person hate the whole tribe, ah bah!
Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by olalekan9320(m): 8:45am On Jul 10, 2021
phorget:

Because of one person hate the whole tribe, ah bah!
Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by dankorode(m): 8:49am On Jul 10, 2021
Skyfornia:
grin grin Had an encounter once on my way to ojota, I gave this conductor N500 expecting N300 change, half way through the journey, this conductor is requesting for another money claiming I didn't give him money, and the lady who seated beside me whom would have confirmed my payment has already alighted from the bus.

I was boiling inside me with fiery rage while the conductor was putting up drama..as soon as I got to my bus stop, the conductor started shouting to the driver not to stop until I pay, but fortunately, another passenger was also stopping at the same bus stop so they had to stop, as I was struggling to come down, even ready to forfeit my N300 balance, the conductor dragged me, with the rage in me, I gave him an unexpected punch that blinded his vision at that moment...if you see the way the guy weak eh...even me shock. grin grin ;

All his gra gra just mellow down... finally they let me go.
with your change?
Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by Baba40(f): 8:50am On Jul 10, 2021
sisisioge:

grin cheesy grin

Broda! I've been looking for you to at least kiss away your bruises. How is the scar on your forehead doing?

It is well to every abobaku oooo... we can meet at Ojodu if you dont mind. I sent u a message on WhatsApp

Sisisisoge
Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by Nobody: 8:51am On Jul 10, 2021
Lol. Welcome to Lagos.

By the way op, I believe Lola Okunrin is a female.
Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by faithfull18(f): 8:53am On Jul 10, 2021
grin grin I once took a bus and the driver didn't have change. I never knew the passenger sitting beside the driver was also been owed.

I offered to give the driver some change to get my balance, this man kept on insisting I give him so he gives the driver.

I gave the driver, the driver gave the man my money and didn't give me the balance I expected in return. I now had to come down at the last bus stop while I waited for the driver to park and look for my change, he still ended up tying me to someone else.

Since then, if I don't get my money complete, I don't leave the one I have.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by Iceyjayzz(m): 8:53am On Jul 10, 2021
eagleonearth:
don't go about fighting dirty for money less than a dollar which might cost you your life. Being street smart is not all about dragging. Sometimes you can prevent things about coming by smartness
You can't blame me though, I was very young and 500 Naira was worth alot back then around 2004 and I despise people taking advantage of others, if i kept quiet and acted dumb the conductor would have taken my money. moreover, I wasn't raised to be a pussy, but to fight for my right.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by dankorode(m): 8:54am On Jul 10, 2021
phorget:

I pray make our government no legalise gun for civilian oo,u na dey hear dis man?

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by phorget(m): 8:57am On Jul 10, 2021
Just 2days after the wedding I got a call from my elder brother requesting me to go represent him at a function in the east( Abia state). My brother promised to finance my expenses which was going to cost him about #150k but I latter received #100k alert which automatically means I would have to travel on a budget.

September 28 I embarked on my journey to the east on a very tight budget. I arrived at onitcha and proceeded to get a bus to either umuahia or aba but what I first noticed was some kind of disorganized transportation system which made it very difficult for me to get a bus going my way. I succeeded in getting a bus to Imo state then another bus to Aba of which I will still need to travel about 4hours(due to bad roads) from Aba to my actual destination.
I got to Aba at about 11pm and was welcomed by the news of the nefarious activities going on around Aba. I had to put up in a cheap hotel till the next day before I proceed to my next stop. I arrived safely to my destination on 29th September and what I went there to do was all successful. After about 4days over there in the east I decided to make my journey back to the west and that was where I got my sad experience...

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by sisisioge: 9:00am On Jul 10, 2021
Baba40:

It is well to every abobaku oooo... we can meet at Ojodu if you dont mind. I sent u a message on WhatsApp

Sisisisoge

Haaa! You have my WhatsApp number? Hmmmm....I think I remember you. I once wanted to but something from you in the past grin. Enjoy your weekend. Cheers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

20 Oil Thieves Sent To Jail (photos) / Benin Residents Ignore The Threat Of N100k Fine, Dump Refuse At Post Office / Nigerian Man Bags 30-Year-Jail Term For Drug Trafficking In Tanzania (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.