Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,768 members, 7,851,624 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:43 AM

Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience (17989 Views)

Corper Calls Out A Conductor Who Touched Her Vagina In Onitsha / Nursing Mother Drags A Conductor Who Slapped Her Over N50 / A Conductor Fights A Policeman In Oshodi, Lagos (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by Weneda(m): 9:07am On Jul 10, 2021
I remember vividly when i was in 100level in Unizik precisely. I have never been to Onitsha, so i was budgeting buying buying some clothes at Eke Akwa market but later opted for Onitsha. So i zoom off, got to Onitsha and bought what i wanted nd about coming back. I was looking for a bus heading to Awka and i have already been told how dangerous that place is especially when u re a JJC. Out of fear i saw a bus around upper iweka, the conductor told me this bus is heading to Awka direct. I entered looking at the passengers one after the other, some of them look like Fulani, some looks like farmers. Something inside of me told me this bus might be heading to another state. Then thank God as an ikwerre guy and with the little igbo understanding in me, i overheard the conductor telling a passenger that the bus will get to somewhere in Abakaliki. I said "na them", thank God he has not collected money from me. I jumped out immediately and starting searching where to get a bus to Awka

6 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by techWriter2: 9:09am On Jul 10, 2021
Make I collect my new from this scooter woman erm
Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by Lyon190(m): 9:22am On Jul 10, 2021
Lol,very funny
Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by Smartikc(m): 9:36am On Jul 10, 2021
No be to pursue am go break bottle for him Head
Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by Moikiitos: 9:36am On Jul 10, 2021
Lagos na wa. As a Lagos boy, growing up there prepares you for all eventuality you may or might come across in this crazy world. Mine happened many years back. Board a bus with with my lil bro heading to Ikeja from Oshodi very early momo. This conductor announcing no change oh and keep joining people with change wahala. I noticed that on this stop no one was getting down because no one has announced, so I told the conductor that is my stop. He immediately produced change from no way which all along saying no change. When we got to the stop, I told him wrong stop that it's not my stop...I just played him to get my change without being joined. He just smiled with thumb up.

If you live or born in Lagos without getting or learning any sense...then you're f**ked up.

Mynd44:
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1413552612394233856.html

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by Danzakidakura(m): 9:37am On Jul 10, 2021
phorget:

Similar incident happened to me at Onitcha some years back, if I had a gun I would have killed somebody that day. That singular act made me to hate the igbos till date.
you are still at primitive stage to hate a whole tribe for a singular act. Do we hate all Yorubas for same offence in Lagos ?

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by Zzyy(m): 9:40am On Jul 10, 2021
Una go just go Twitter de steal content
Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by ShedrachU(m): 9:45am On Jul 10, 2021
Lagos is nowhere worse than Onitsha!
Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by Santome: 9:53am On Jul 10, 2021
IF E HAPPEN 4 LAGOS � � .. Listen to d lyrics of this song ☝
E dey happen LA dugbo MI �
Street Wise
Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by sonofElElyon: 9:54am On Jul 10, 2021
Mynd44:
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1413552612394233856.html

This is funny
grin grin grin

Sorry for the slap though...

By the way, what do you mean by "head of ibu"? You want people to think you are mocking Mr ibu eh?

Surely you can do better with the translation of "olori buruku"! Give it a second shot will you ??!!
Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by Aarenasbaba(m): 10:05am On Jul 10, 2021
grin grin next time, watch ur back
Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by phorget(m): 10:10am On Jul 10, 2021
I set out very early with a vigor on the appointed day of me returning to the West, got a bus to Aba with ease, on getting to Aba I met another obstacle. So many parks in the same vicinity with so many buses loading at the same time so every driver and a group of ocho-passenger(same thing as agbero in yoruba dialet) working with him will always have to jostle for passengers thereby it takes hours for even a bus to make a round.
I spent hours in Aba before our bus finally got fully loaded then we proceeded to Onitcha. (Reader should please note that I've been exhausted financially and I've got a hole in my pocket already)

Before I left the village I traveled to I was given so many farm produces that I couldn't even carry them all so I only opted to carry few yellow garri and plantain.
We arrived at Onitcha at about 2:30pm and knowing fully well that the money I have on me won't take me to Lagos I kukuma opted to make a stop at Ondo.(from Onitcha I should be able to get to Ondo direct or at least get to Ore then take a bus down to Ondo from Ore.)
Due to the disorganized system of transportation there in the east I found it difficult in getting a bus to my direction. Suddenly I saw a guy walked up to me and was asking me where exactly I'm heading to and I said Ondo. He asked me to follow him which I obliged. Getting to the bus he took me to I saw that it was half loaded. Among the passengers inside this bus were well dressed old men that should be over 70years and this scene actually gave me the impression that we were all traveling together.
Before I took up a seat inside the bus I asked about the fare to Ondo and the said its #4700 of which I don't have up to that. Another surprise was that the agberos were calling on all people going to different destinations to come board this same bus that they claimed would take me to Ondo. When I approached the people inside this bus I was surprised to even see people heading to Ibadan,Lagos, Akure all in this same vehicle so I was confused. The truth is that the transportation from onitcha to Ondo shouldn't be more than 1700 so I was wondering where they got their 4700 from. I haggled about the fare to Ondo from to #1700 and they immediately asked me to pay( in the east ones you board a vehicle they will collect the fare and give u some kind of ridiculous ticket) so I paid and I was given a ticket and assigned a seat.

So many buses loading at the same time so we were stuck due to our bus not filling up. What I noticed again was time everytime we were able to get a passenger one of those old men will alight pretending to go buy something and you won't ever see him again and this now dawn on me that more than half of the passengers on the bus were all fake...

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by Weneda(m): 10:14am On Jul 10, 2021
hAlexandro:
Those conductors are silly asshole. I rem some few years back I gave him money also expecting my change. But this dude wants to hold on to it till I got to where I was to alight. Immediately I got down he told the driver to zoom off, omo I held on to the conductor's dress with the bus moving na xo I manage land a fierce slap on his face then the bus stopped and the driver waded in and told him to give me my chnsge
Urs u were fast and smart enough. I think that's their new trend now
Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 10:37am On Jul 10, 2021
phorget:

Similar incident happened to me at Onitcha some years back, if I had a gun I would have killed somebody that day. That singular act made me to hate the igbos till date.

Your hatred to the Igbos may lead you to your early grave. Grow up please

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by chrisooblog: 10:41am On Jul 10, 2021
Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by bigcee(m): 10:56am On Jul 10, 2021
KosiGee:
He sha gave me my 300, i came down but suddenly heard twai on my cheek and it’s this conductor giving me a sound slap as the bus drove by.

grin grin grin grin cheesy grin grin grin cheesy grin grin
The thing really pain am grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by Kfed4ril(m): 11:13am On Jul 10, 2021
phorget:

You just have natural hate, nothing more.
Do you know how many experiences the I’ve had with Yoruba conductors on my first visit to Lagos? Why didn’t I use that to hate the Yorubas for that.
Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by Hotspotbro(m): 11:16am On Jul 10, 2021
I once told one to brush his teeth and stop boozing.
Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by 4reala(m): 11:34am On Jul 10, 2021
Kevinsamba:
Will you close your mouth lipsrsealed
Carry your serious Life comot hia abeg.
Leave am jawe, when you see a sadist you should know
Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by seyz91(m): 11:35am On Jul 10, 2021
Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by ChiefSweetus: 11:35am On Jul 10, 2021
xpressionx:
grin
A guy was in a hurry in Aba some years ago,he boarded a bus that the loaders were shouting port "2 chance" and they collected money from him immediately.
When one person enter,someone comes down,and it continued like that,then it dawned on him that it was the agbero staff that filled the bus.
The man that was in a hurry ended up spending over an hour there.
So he was shouting at them to give him back his money and the refused.

When the bus finally got filled,the agbero gave him back his money and asked to come down beche gas been shouting since and the man refused.

The agbero gave him a dirty slap,as he came down to fight they put another passenger in his seat and gave him back his money and the bus moved.

Since then I always open my eyes and observe anytime I visit aba to buy goods.
cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by Millimann: 11:47am On Jul 10, 2021
phorget:

So sorry for the incident. They did not do it to you because you're not Igbo. They do it to every of their victim. It's just their agbero way everywhere.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by Millimann: 11:47am On Jul 10, 2021
phorget:

I empathise with you on the incident. They did not do it to you because you're not Igbo. They do it to every of their victim. It's just their agbero way everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by Skyfornia(m): 12:07pm On Jul 10, 2021
gozzlin:

Nah, I ain't buying that. You slapped a conductor and he let you go. Please give us the full gist.

E shock you!? grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by UKBobo(m): 12:18pm On Jul 10, 2021
olalekan9320:

Because one person hate the whole tribe, ah bah!

No mind am, na these ones are just emotional men sef. When he meets Igbo Oga with prospect of a business deal, he will be shining teeth, telling him that the air is fresh in Onitsha and that he always asked his papa why he never name him Nduka grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by okiemuteokiss(f): 12:34pm On Jul 10, 2021
Realtalk20:
This is a strange thread indeed

What a way to start the weekend by recounting how a bus conductor slapped you and looking for other fellows who have been slapped by conductors ? Why, to form a union of people who conductors slapped?

I don't understand what is happening on this forum again. Is it a lack of quality content or what ?

Of what Value to humanity or animals is this information going to be?

Why not kuku turn this forum to an x-rated site so we can finally confirm that it is dead indeed?
Carry yhur self centeredness go front abeg..
Nobody beg u to bransh here
abeg allow us laugh in peace..
We are enjoying the gist..
Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by ramatintin(m): 1:19pm On Jul 10, 2021
Realtalk20:
This is a strange thread indeed

What a way to start the weekend by recounting how a bus conductor slapped you and looking for other fellows who have been slapped by conductors ? Why, to form a union of people who conductors slapped?

I don't understand what is happening on this forum again. Is it a lack of quality content or what ?

Of what Value to humanity or animals is this information going to be?

Why not kuku turn this forum to an x-rated site so we can finally confirm that it is dead indeed?
if you don't have experience, read comments laugh and log out. Peace

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by XYZo: 1:25pm On Jul 10, 2021
amiibaby:
Hahaha I don't know if mine will count but I will share it sha later

Always sharing things later . Nawa for you o angry
Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by Daguccizgreat(m): 1:39pm On Jul 10, 2021
phorget:

That's totally wrong. I had some terrible experiences in the hands of Yoruba conductors while living in Lagos many years ago but it does not make me to hate the Yorubas. You can't hate a whole tribe because of one fellow who offended you
Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by phorget(m): 1:44pm On Jul 10, 2021
Daguccizgreat:
That's totally wrong. I had some terrible experiences in the hands of Yoruba conductors while living in Lagos many years ago but it does not make me to hate the Yorubas. You can't hate a whole tribe because of one fellow who offended you

With patience you'll be fine in Lagos even with the conductors. Even if you had such ugly experience would you compare such with the ones been melted out in onitcha?
I have been in Lagos and every other south western states and I've also been to the east so I know what I'm talking about.
Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by Daguccizgreat(m): 1:52pm On Jul 10, 2021
phorget:

With patience you'll be fine in Lagos even with the conductors. Even if you had such ugly experience would you compare such with the ones been melted out in onitcha?
I have been in Lagos and every other south western states and I've also been to the east so I know what I'm talking about.
Be sincere to your self man. Lagos agberos are the worst in Nigeria. I have lived in Onitsha, Enugu, pH and Lagos so I know what am saying

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

20 Oil Thieves Sent To Jail (photos) / Benin Residents Ignore The Threat Of N100k Fine, Dump Refuse At Post Office / Nigerian Man Bags 30-Year-Jail Term For Drug Trafficking In Tanzania (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.