Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

FG Promises N5m Each To Families Of Slain Corps Members - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / FG Promises N5m Each To Families Of Slain Corps Members (8066 Views)

NYSC Presents N26.7m To Families Of Dead Corpers / Tears As Corpses Of Slain ‘corpers’ Leave Bauchi / Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Promises N5m Each To Families Of Slain Corps Members by Fhemmmy: 3:30am On May 11, 2011
Baba_Eleko:

Now GEJ go cause wahala between all the families of the dead. Long lost family member go start to dey surface. grin

Very true . . . .Now many family might even start to wish their kids were killed . . . Money!!!
Re: FG Promises N5m Each To Families Of Slain Corps Members by LKRavitz(m): 3:41am On May 11, 2011
5 million should be 50m at least. and nigerian politicians have not been knownto keep promises. the money will be tied up in bereucracy waiting for approval this and that. but if its to give 5 bn to rig elections they can dothat immediately. goodluck if they even get the 5m
Re: FG Promises N5m Each To Families Of Slain Corps Members by Fhemmmy: 3:43am On May 11, 2011
L. KRavitz:

5 million should be 50m at least. and nigerian politicians have not been knownto keep promises. the money will be tied up in bereucracy waiting for approval this and that. but if its to give 5 bn to rig elections they can dothat immediately. goodluck if they even get the 5m

Even without the broken promises, some heartless officials will ask for bribe of 1M naira for quick processing . . . . .
Re: FG Promises N5m Each To Families Of Slain Corps Members by clip: 4:05am On May 11, 2011
Yes,the compensation is not enough but it shows a little concern from the President.Above all, the committee set up by the president to get to the root, apply a long lasting solution.God grant the soul of the falling hero eternal rest
Re: FG Promises N5m Each To Families Of Slain Corps Members by 1Emmy: 4:55am On May 11, 2011
Five million is not enough, i think N50M or above is ideal, each senator goes home with N40M monthly.
Re: FG Promises N5m Each To Families Of Slain Corps Members by doctorT(m): 5:10am On May 11, 2011
Naija, I just wish the souls of the dead to rest in peace. I expect the money to be paid immediately.
Re: FG Promises N5m Each To Families Of Slain Corps Members by logica(m): 6:10am On May 11, 2011
I think more than 5 million would have been spent in putting those unfortunate souls through school alone. Not to talk of the cummulative amount spent on them by their families since their birth.
Re: FG Promises N5m Each To Families Of Slain Corps Members by bayrichie(m): 6:34am On May 11, 2011
undecided REALLY WHICH ONE BE PROMISE, PLEASE GO AHEAD AND PAY THE FAMILIES DE MONEY FIRST, 
Re: FG Promises N5m Each To Families Of Slain Corps Members by Flameboy26(m): 6:41am On May 11, 2011
Pataki:

So this is now a gesture?

Promises upon promises. . . . . when will this ever end?
tym 2 give dos useless fleabags@northerns wat dey want*war*
Re: FG Promises N5m Each To Families Of Slain Corps Members by Eddy2010(m): 7:18am On May 11, 2011
Osama slaped U.S right on the face 10 years ago. U.S govt didnt compsate the family of the victims & went to rest. They were thirsty of justice even wen it took a decade pin down the mastermind. They were satisfied wen justice prevaild on 2nd May 2011. In 9ja, som sons of a bitch spit on our colectiv face. No intens talk of justice by FG. Its compensation galore. After buying the familys' conscience, the mata wil b trown to the dogs. Ok. Ok. Ok, wat i heard, a high level investigative panel to inquire the causes of the mayhem? Arant nonsense. Adress the findings of previous panels. Wat we cry for is justice. Those uchins must be pinned down just like osama. Send us our own Nigerian Navy SEALS there.Learn from the Osama-U.S saga. Justice must prevail.
Re: FG Promises N5m Each To Families Of Slain Corps Members by zangality(m): 7:30am On May 11, 2011
Well done GEJ,
Re: FG Promises N5m Each To Families Of Slain Corps Members by Demdem(m): 7:48am On May 11, 2011
Nothing can be compared to punishing both the perpetrators and instigators of this heinous crime. Based of past records in this country, i dont think this will be successfully done more-so now that the C-in-C is about to constituite, angry angry angry
Word of caution to the victims family (IMO):
Collect the money and say bye-bye to bringing perpetrators of these heinous crime to justice.
Na today.
Re: FG Promises N5m Each To Families Of Slain Corps Members by barryk: 7:59am On May 11, 2011
so sad, but then FG can not replace these life. security shd tackle first
Re: FG Promises N5m Each To Families Of Slain Corps Members by BabaO2: 8:07am On May 11, 2011
This is an insult

Not until Jonathan /Sanusi correct the huge monthly allocation of money and allowances at National Assembly. This gift will not make sense.
Should the dead corpers not worth more than furniture allowance of each senator at abuja?
Re: FG Promises N5m Each To Families Of Slain Corps Members by rasputinn(m): 8:07am On May 11, 2011
Good gesture especially as the president met personally with the bereaved families,it shows once again the depth of GEJ's human feeling
However,both the sponsors and perpetrators of that mayhem should be brought to book,to this end the judicial commision should be constituted ASAP to investigate and identify the culprits
Re: FG Promises N5m Each To Families Of Slain Corps Members by Abayomin70(m): 8:10am On May 11, 2011
Is it a must to always do nysc I realy pity those dead corpers I pray that there gentle soul rest in peace
Re: FG Promises N5m Each To Families Of Slain Corps Members by enyojo(f): 8:12am On May 11, 2011
[size=13pt]When will the GEJ wake up? How long shall we remain in the dunghill of political rhetorics?? Why cause unnecessary tension by 'openly' announcing what you might not do or at best do after a long while? Why don't you JUST DO IT and let it leak to the press (if at all we all must know)? There are close to a hundred lives that were truncated in this electoral process of 2011.

The issues we should look at are :
1. You select the about 10 corp members and 'pay' their families. I don't think N5M will make the families as comforted as when he fishes out the culprits and make them pay for their evil crimes against their children.
2. Announcing the N5M at all will attract so many far relatives to put up a garb of 'The child that died is our own child too' and then create untold pressure on the imediate family.
3. So many other persons who lost their lives in the election will accuse the Government of neglect. Remember that more than 8 persons were throdden upon and lost their lives in Port harcourt when GEJ/Sambo came for campaigns. The security men caused panic when they shot sporadically into the 'FRESH' air.
This is not to mention those whose lives and legs were blown away with bomb blasts.

Oga President, wake up and do things intelligently like a man who earned a PHD![/size]
Re: FG Promises N5m Each To Families Of Slain Corps Members by Nobody: 8:13am On May 11, 2011
Eddy2010:

Osama slaped U.S right on the face 10 years ago. U.S govt didnt compsate the family of the victims & went to rest. They were thirsty of justice even wen it took a decade pin down the mastermind. They were satisfied wen justice prevaild on 2nd May 2011. In 9ja, som sons of a naughty woman spit on our colectiv face. No intens talk of justice by FG. Its compensation galore. After buying the familys' conscience, the mata wil b trown to the dogs. Ok. Ok. Ok, wat i heard, a high level investigative panel to inquire the causes of the mayhem? Arant nonsense. Adress the findings of previous panels. Wat we cry for is justice. Those uchins must be pinned down just like osama. Send us our own Nigerian Navy SEALS there.Learn from the Osama-U.S saga. Justice must prevail.

Sorry but Osama case is quite different from this, But what i want to say is 5M is a chicken change, at least 10M would have make more sense
Re: FG Promises N5m Each To Families Of Slain Corps Members by Nobody: 8:16am On May 11, 2011
The first time 2 corp members were killed, the govt gave the family money, but didnt learn their lesson.
Now 12 have been killed, they are still doling out money and not a word on how to prevent such from happening in the future  and many people think its OK?
Re: FG Promises N5m Each To Families Of Slain Corps Members by JimmyBoy1: 8:20am On May 11, 2011
The money can do some help no doubt, but Justice will be more soothing, we saw the Jubilation in US immediately after Pres.Obama announced that the "small team of Americans" (SEALs) have taken down Osama Bin Laden.

If there is no justice at the end of the day, I propose that Southerners stop serving in North.
Re: FG Promises N5m Each To Families Of Slain Corps Members by fred4alabi(m): 8:21am On May 11, 2011
Its a good gesture but the greatest joy of everybody would be for the government to produce the killers. let's know them!!
Re: FG Promises N5m Each To Families Of Slain Corps Members by snthesis(m): 8:37am On May 11, 2011
u cant satisfy humans- 5,50,500million, nothing at all will suffice, sum1 must complain sha shocked shocked
Re: FG Promises N5m Each To Families Of Slain Corps Members by playmode(m): 8:49am On May 11, 2011
So Mr president does have ears on NL ,was it not a few days ago i suggested that he should do this instead of going to OBUDU ranch to frolic.I would have given the family a minimum of N20 Million Naira each ,i am sure we can afford it considering the bogus salaries we pay those morons in House of Reps.However N5 Million is not a bad start Mr president but how about going further to offer lifetime scholarship for the immediate brothers and sisters of the slain youth corpers.

Also offer the immediate family free medical care for the next 10 years at least.What more a decent house (any house under N5 million will do)that is fully furnished should be provided for the parents of the Youth corpers.Mr President i have told you several times ,HIRE me and i will give you great ideas.What your administration lacks is great thinkers,people with futuristic vision.I am a great thinker and i will offer you great advice that will make Nigerians love you.You need to step down from your presidential pedestal and put yourself in the shoes of the people ,that is how you will know the needs of your people.

Now please don't waste time with the promise ,N5 million is peanuts to you so please pay these people asap.Their loss can never be replaced with money but keeping them waiting for the money is also not fair.They have needs and plans.They need to move on with their live and build a new future without their dead kids.The funds will help them to do that.
Re: FG Promises N5m Each To Families Of Slain Corps Members by TeeJay6(m): 8:56am On May 11, 2011
enyojo:

[size=13pt]When will the GEJ wake up? How long shall we remain in the dunghill of political rhetorics?? Why cause unnecessary tension by 'openly' announcing what you might not do or at best do after a long while? Why don't you JUST DO IT and let it leak to the press (if at all we all must know)? There are close to a hundred lives that were truncated in this electoral process of 2011.

1. You select the about 10 corp members and 'pay' their families. I don't think N5M will make the families as comforted as when he fishes out the culprits and make them pay for their evil crimes against their children.
2. Announcing the N5M at all will attract so many far relatives to put up a garb of 'The child that died is our own child too' and then create untold pressure on the imediate family.
3. So many other persons who lost their lives in the election will accuse the Government of neglect. Remember that more than 8 persons were throdden upon and lost their lives in Port harcourt when GEJ/Sambo came for campaigns. The security men caused panic when they shot sporadically into the 'FRESH' air.
This is not to mention those whose lives and legs were blown away with bomb blasts.

Oga President, wake up and do things intelligently like a man who earned a PHD![/size]
It is obvious from your post that you have beef with GEJ. So he should focus more  on finding the culprit and not offer  any sort of compensation to the families? so finding the culprits is what the bereaved families would use to pay for the funerals? I think you need to be more intelligent and stop using every opportunity to display your apparent disdain for GEJ.
Re: FG Promises N5m Each To Families Of Slain Corps Members by victor2exl(m): 9:02am On May 11, 2011
Nigerians remember USA/Tunis 94/Atlanta 96, landed properties were promised to the compatriot football teams of Nigeria till date none go any, so I don’t trust government when they pledges for compensations, I would have been happier if scholarship was given to the siblings of all the affected corpers rather making a bogus assurance of job guarantee for there siblings. On what grounds of measure, we may ask,
Re: FG Promises N5m Each To Families Of Slain Corps Members by Ekpoma1: 9:03am On May 11, 2011
Its a pity that the lives of those corper worth 5million. GEJ is not even talking about reviewing, restructuring, reconstructing, rescheduling or better still scrapping NYSC. Let those animals(northers) who have no value 4 human life serve their evil land n kill themselves. Bundle of nuisance!
Re: FG Promises N5m Each To Families Of Slain Corps Members by queensmith: 9:14am On May 11, 2011
GEJ must be running mad! THEY BETTER NOT EVEN TAKE IT! I hope none of the parents have taken this pathetic sum yet? 5milli wont even cover the cost of a decent lawyer!

LET HIM KEEP HIS PATHETIC CASH AND PROSECUTE THE GOVERNMENT FOR CARELESSNESS!

100 MILLI OR NOTHING!
Re: FG Promises N5m Each To Families Of Slain Corps Members by Ojoyi: 9:15am On May 11, 2011
though the federal govt. is not paying for the dead, I think 5 million is too small especially for families that sent there children abroad to study.
Equity and equality are not the same. this is not equity but equility. it is therefore not fair on some families.
cant this money be made up to 20 million. by this the killings will be discouraged because the perpetrators will not like to see they benefitted the families of the diseased and will fear that the next time the compensation might become a hundred million.
GEJ think about this.
Re: FG Promises N5m Each To Families Of Slain Corps Members by queensmith: 9:24am On May 11, 2011
Ojoyi:

though the federal govt. is not paying for the dead, I think 5 million is too small especially for families that sent there children abroad to study.
Equity and equality are not the same. this is not equity but equility. it is therefore not fair on some families.
cant this money be made up to 20 million. by this the killings will be discouraged because the perpetrators will not like to see they benefitted the families of the diseased and will fear that the next time the compensation might become a hundred million.
GEJ think about this.

No the point of compensation is not to 'pay for the child' The compensation is a way of the government being penalised for not doing what they should. Thats why compensations are always excessive. the same for speeding tickets and penalty fines- they are excessive to prevent you from committing the crime again! the government should fork out 100 million to all those families! That will hurt them enough to tighten up security in those areas and definitely bring all those responsible to justice!

THOSE FAMILIES SHOULDN'T TAKE THAT MEASLY AMOUNT FROM JONATHAN!!!!
Re: FG Promises N5m Each To Families Of Slain Corps Members by queensmith: 9:30am On May 11, 2011
THE AMAKA:

5 million naira? $33,333.33 ?? NA WAAAAAAA!!! foolishness.
it should be 750 million each, or maybe 2 billion.

God bless you amaka!!!! imagine the sons of bitches!!!

I wouldnt even take 5million naira from my local council if I BROKE MY FOOT IN FRONT OF MY HOUSE!!!!!

A woman got triple that amount from GETTING A BACTERIAL INFECTION!!!!

ARE THESE PEOPLE RUNNING MAD??
Re: FG Promises N5m Each To Families Of Slain Corps Members by playmode(m): 9:35am On May 11, 2011
enyojo:

Everything you said is correct but the reality is that GEJ will not be able to produce anyone.The people leading Nigeria are not serious about their jobs.Their relatives are not affected so they not bothered about what happens to the ordinary man.

GEJ said he raised a 22 man team to look into the conflict and i just laughed my head off.I dont understand why he needs to raise a panel when we have more than 5 security agencies that should be capable of solving the problem.I propose to the president that if the DMI ,SSS,NSA and other security agencies in Nigeria are unable to find a solution to the violence in the north then maybe he should hire an international Private Military company (PMC) who can help him do that.There are many PMCs in the USA ,Turkey ,South Africa,Australia and Brazil who can help him deal with the violence in the north.

Some people call them mercenaries and lawless spooks but that is what we need.These guys are battle tested men ,they have served in Iraq and Afghanistan.They are just like the infamous blackwater who served in Iraq.The fact is Nigerian security operatives are nothing more than glorified security guards.They can not compete with spooks all over the world.We need seasoned professionals and we need them now.

Here is a list of PMC currently operating all over the world : http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Private_Military_Corporations/list_of_PMCs

I also propose to the president that he should set up a Private Security Regulatory body that will license private security companies that will help reduce Nigeria's deplorable crime rate.These companies can be hired by individuals,state governments,local government,estate developers and companies in a personal capacity to help protect their family and assets domestically.Home owners will have the choice of having an armed response service for their homes or a stationed armed guard.

The personnel of these security companies will be licensed to carry full automatic 9mm sidearms and a full automatic AK 47 in their patrol vehicle vehicle.The personnels will also wear easily identifiable uniforms except for those serving in Bodyguard capacity.Private security companies are what has helped SA to reduce its crime rate dramatically in the last 5 years.It is also what helped them to host a crime free world cup.

We all know that our police service as useless as goats.If we had private security companies,Inec could have hired them to watch over the polling booths unlike our policemen who were sleeping on duty at the poling booths.Rigging could also have been prevented if we had private security professionals on guard

Re: FG Promises N5m Each To Families Of Slain Corps Members by Bawss1(m): 9:40am On May 11, 2011
Why are people complaining about the 5 million naira? The government has said that this is a token gesture, its not (and there can never be) a complete monetary compensation for the lives lost.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What State Is The Best To Serve In? / What Have You Achieved After Your NYSC ? / Help Please! Advice For Expatriate Going For Nysc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.