Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,017 members, 7,828,578 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

Should Husband And Wife Have A Joint Account? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Husband And Wife Have A Joint Account? (21510 Views)

My Daughter Of 4+ Years Would Not Allow Me And Wife Have Sex At Night / Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? / Should Husband Not Often Call His Father In Law And Mother In Law For Greetings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Husband And Wife Have A Joint Account? by Blackdisciple(m): 10:06pm On Jul 10, 2021
Its ok ...
Because that's for any family project...
Re: Should Husband And Wife Have A Joint Account? by Blackdisciple(m): 10:06pm On Jul 10, 2021
Juliusmomoh:
Am confuse about it... Must we have joint account? embarassed

Its for family any family project
Re: Should Husband And Wife Have A Joint Account? by skywalker240(m): 10:22pm On Jul 10, 2021
izzou:
My girlfriend has always been better with finances than me. She's very prudent.

When we get married, I would definitely put her in charge of our finances.

So my good friend, the most prudent person concerning money should be in charge.

That's my advice
Speak for yourself bra
Re: Should Husband And Wife Have A Joint Account? by Juliearth(f): 10:26pm On Jul 10, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

Yes, you should. Marriage is partnership and trust, after all. With a joint account, you two can track your progress, safe up more money, set targets which would be easy to attain...
Re: Should Husband And Wife Have A Joint Account? by Juliearth(f): 10:29pm On Jul 10, 2021
Nazgul:
Just avoid anything that will bring unnecessary problem in your marriage.

Having joint account will definitely lead to problems cos when you deposit 2m and you wife has 150k in the account but makes a withdrawal of 800k my brother the kind para way you go para eh!

Better operate separate account to avoid stories that touch.

People who operate a joint account do not withdraw money on personal grounds, neither do they deposit without a formula. For instance, a couple may decide to safe up 70 percent of their monthly income, tax exclusive. Withdrawals are also done for the good of the family, so if the wife is withdrawing 800k like you said, it'd be for a project that both couple have acceded to.

4 Likes

Re: Should Husband And Wife Have A Joint Account? by Bahamas95(m): 10:41pm On Jul 10, 2021
NEVER!

That's foolishness of the highest order....No matter how I love my wife I won't make that silly mistake, she won't even know anything about my finance. E get why.

Whenever she needs money I can give her but I don't want any woman to monitor me.

2 Likes

Re: Should Husband And Wife Have A Joint Account? by TUNECHI86: 10:59pm On Jul 10, 2021
How I do contact you bro? I’m interested concerning that online job
Futurecrypto1:
Never,I don't trust anybody but most especially women.
I remember one experience with a lady I will never forget, I was young and naive then,that was back in my year one,I was sending my monthly savings to my girlfriend then,after about a year,I started hearing stories when I requested for the money,i left her after she kept making excuses and I just erased her from my life.
Don't trust anybody with your money,if you like you hear,if not body go tell you

Anyways if you want to earn money online check my signature,all you have to do is roll every hour,I got 18k this week from the site. Please you have to be consistent and patient. Registration is Free
Re: Should Husband And Wife Have A Joint Account? by TUNECHI86: 11:00pm On Jul 10, 2021
You can give me your WhatsApp number please
Futurecrypto1:
Never,I don't trust anybody but most especially women.
I remember one experience with a lady I will never forget, I was young and naive then,that was back in my year one,I was sending my monthly savings to my girlfriend then,after about a year,I started hearing stories when I requested for the money,i left her after she kept making excuses and I just erased her from my life.
Don't trust anybody with your money,if you like you hear,if not body go tell you

Anyways if you want to earn money online check my signature,all you have to do is roll every hour,I got 18k this week from the site. Please you have to be consistent and patient. Registration is Free
Re: Should Husband And Wife Have A Joint Account? by rosalieene(f): 11:08pm On Jul 10, 2021
Nonexisting:
If your fellow woman had made that his comment or said she would trust her boyfriend with her money when they marry, would you have supported her? You see why I keep saying that women are hypocrites. Other daughters of Eve and Jezebel in this forum have always been advising women never to trust their husbands with their money but here you are advising a man to do same. I don't argue with people of your gender so free me.
Since according to you women are hypocrites, daughters of eve and Jezebels, I hope you do not have a woman in your life.
If you do, you're the biggest HYPOCRITE of the century.
Leave that young man alone, stop spoiling innocent people's mind. That yours ran with your money doesn't mean all will run.
Most of us have our stories to tell, I mean of how we were treated wrongly and badly by people we cared about but should that make us to assume everyone is like that? NO!
Just as our names are different, that's how our personalities are also different. Everyone can't be evil.
Re: Should Husband And Wife Have A Joint Account? by phemmyfour: 11:24pm On Jul 10, 2021
Juliusmomoh:
Only if your partner is responsible. You can't have a joint account with irresponsible partner, he/she will squander your sweat
Re: Should Husband And Wife Have A Joint Account? by Sharmeenator(m): 11:25pm On Jul 10, 2021
Lawrry:
What works for A May not work for B.....
It is working for you because you have an understanding wife who understands the importance of financial management. Not everyone is as lucky to have wife like that.

Me o, I can't run a joint account with my wife. There is already monthly budget for feeding and everything. At month end, I give her money for personal use and to stock up the foodstuffs and I do the grocery and utilities. The day my wife saw my account balance, she started having funny feelings, saying I'm rich not even after I told her the funds were meant for clients' projects.

There is no formula to this marriage thing, what works for u might not work for another and vice versa.

2 Likes

Re: Should Husband And Wife Have A Joint Account? by Nobody: 12:09am On Jul 11, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

For what reason exactly?
Except your wife is the breadwinner and you need to keep a tab on her spending, I don't see a reason strong enough to necessitate the need for a joint savings account amongst couples.

But if you must have a joint acount with your wife, then the mandate on it MUST be that she will have to co-sign with you while you can sign alone on it.
The transaction alerts should also go to you alone.

Giving your wife financial autonomy or financial superiority is like buying a bullet for the assassin who has been paid to kill you.

It takes one daddy G.O with a good tongue, a sweet fvckboy or a bad mother inlaw and you're done for.

Dude, your life must really suck
Re: Should Husband And Wife Have A Joint Account? by Ninokingz1(m): 12:13am On Jul 11, 2021
I have to login just to comment on this topic..

Well, I won’t fault people’s views on this matter but to be sincere, I’m a bit uncomfortable with so manywriting on this issue.

We all have to understand that what works for you FAMILY A might not work for me FAMILY B. So I will suggest when writing your views or opinion, base it with wish is working for you being either AorB.

Finally, as for me, I have joint account with my wife and it’s working so very well with us. You wish to know how?

1 Like

Re: Should Husband And Wife Have A Joint Account? by SweetDipBenny(m): 12:27am On Jul 11, 2021
Separate and a joint
Re: Should Husband And Wife Have A Joint Account? by Bigpat: 12:53am On Jul 11, 2021
I expect to see women comments but they are silent here because they knows the truth.
If you have a wife with too much church thing in her head, she will one day sow seed with the money to our so-called end time pastors.
If you have a greedy wife, fraudsters are there waiting for her, they will introduce a flamboyant business to her and tell her to make it a secret, even from the husband, you know women are good in keeping secrets.
If you have a promiscuous and adulterous wife, and she is having a good Bleep somewhere, respects and even afraid of the boy/man friend more than the husband, she will one day transfer the whole money to him.
Women are more vulnerable, manipulative, greedy, untrustworthy and childish.
So watch out when a woman start behaving funny in the house, one of this three has happened.
Avoid the stress

1 Like

Re: Should Husband And Wife Have A Joint Account? by GboyegaD(m): 2:01am On Jul 11, 2021
rafikii:
First of all I'm a friggin traditional dude and whenever I decide to settle down with one woman it'll definitely be with a traditional girl who understands her place as a woman just as I understand mine as a man, this means my wife would occupy the position of a caregiver while I occupy mine as the provider, this voids the need for a "joint" account. If incidentally I turn out to be a wasteful idiot like a few nairalanders that commented a while ago then the bulk of my funds would go to a fixed deposit account while I hold on to enough to spew away, of course because my wife is the caretaker of my home I'll always fund her with more than enough to do the caretaking cheesy

Says a jambite. Go grow up first.

1 Like

Re: Should Husband And Wife Have A Joint Account? by GboyegaD(m): 2:10am On Jul 11, 2021
Juliearth:

People who operate a joint account do not withdraw money on personal grounds, neither do they deposit without a formula. For instance, a couple may decide to safe up 70 percent of their monthly income, tax exclusive. Withdrawals are also done for the good of the family, so if the wife is withdrawing 800k like you said, it'd be for a project that both couple have acceded to.

This is the knowledge many lack.

2 Likes

Re: Should Husband And Wife Have A Joint Account? by cooltola(m): 2:17am On Jul 11, 2021
If u do not trust your woman, then u shouldn't marry her. In terms of opening a joint account, it depends on how you and your wife spending habits.
Re: Should Husband And Wife Have A Joint Account? by Oyin2212(m): 4:19am On Jul 11, 2021
Juliusmomoh:
no no no no no no no no no no no no
Re: Should Husband And Wife Have A Joint Account? by highoctane: 4:42am On Jul 11, 2021
Juliusmomoh:
Shut up, you re not married.
Re: Should Husband And Wife Have A Joint Account? by Kokaine(m): 5:27am On Jul 11, 2021
Nazgul:
Just avoid anything that will bring unnecessary problem in your marriage.

Having joint account will definitely lead to problems cos when you deposit 2m and you wife has 150k in the account but makes a withdrawal of 800k my brother the kind para way you go para eh!

Better operate separate account to avoid stories that touch.
exactly. She may not be as productive and yet has her eyes on big things. She will also make it difficult for you to give others

4 Likes

Re: Should Husband And Wife Have A Joint Account? by Juliearth(f): 5:40am On Jul 11, 2021
GboyegaD:

This is the knowledge many lack.

Exactly!
Re: Should Husband And Wife Have A Joint Account? by God2man2again(m): 5:40am On Jul 11, 2021
Don't put pressure on yourself.

Let your wife be free.

I say no to Joint account.
Re: Should Husband And Wife Have A Joint Account? by Kobicove(m): 6:20am On Jul 11, 2021
FullBlastLight:

Nna ehn...

Why must u drag pastors into dis nah?

D tone of ur comment self has nothing dissimilar 2 dt of a Jambite!

Mtchewww...

Being a sheeple you can pretend all you want but you know it's the truth...deal with it! angry
Re: Should Husband And Wife Have A Joint Account? by Lawrry(m): 6:33am On Jul 11, 2021
Sharmeenator:

It is working for you because you have an understanding wife who understands the importance of financial management. Not everyone is as lucky to have wife like that.

Me o, I can't run a joint account with my wife. There is already monthly budget for feeding and everything. At month end, I give her money for personal use and to stock up the foodstuffs and I do the grocery and utilities. The day my wife saw my account balance, she started having funny feelings, saying I'm rich not even after I told her the funds were meant for clients' projects.

There is no formula to this marriage thing, what works for u might not work for another and vice versa.
To me, I see life as an adventure, I love smooth life, and I hate headache. I broke up in two serious relationships before I finally married, one was 4years and the other was 2, I don't celebrate only feelings and love but brain, sound mind, independent thinker and above all some godliness.
The other two ladies could make a good wife, intact my parents like them both.
The don't really like this one at first, but today,they always say, "she's not a breed of this generation" because she's different from ladies of this generation.
My brother, love is not blind, it's we people that fall in love that are blind, the moment we marry, all what we tolerated in courtship, marriage will make them real and open our eyes, therefore problem begins.
That's why I hate to impress people, and I don't want people to impress me, just be yourself and I'll be myself, just don't pretend, the moment I saw these in my wife, we went straight to the altar.
Brother, our life I our choice, and God can help to backup our decisions, it costs me time and years to get a woman that understand, but thank God, I finally got one.

2 Likes

Re: Should Husband And Wife Have A Joint Account? by ibechris(m): 6:47am On Jul 11, 2021
izzou:

Is this a reason why I shouldn't put her in charge?

Just asking

The matter is a sensitive one.

Me and my wife are business partners and we both have a joint account mainly for the family investment which has been running since last three years.
We have never had one issue concerning money,in fact she is my money woman.
She is very responsible with money and will never touch it not even out of pity to help anyone with it except her personal acct,and this has made me much more frugal and really want to push more money into that account.

However, this may not be so with with some families especially if u are married to a hawk,who does not care about the family but to go on spending spree.

In similar circumstance,some men might be the bad hawk here,where many of them bring up an excuse just flees the account for no reason.
If any family decides to go this way of a joint acct,let them equally decide how it should be run,else it might not augur well.

3 Likes

Re: Should Husband And Wife Have A Joint Account? by holocron: 6:58am On Jul 11, 2021
Yusufisraelj:

Nope,this your submission doesn't follow.

Every relationship is unique, to that effect every family should deal with what works for them.

1. A family may do well when the woman handles finances, so the joint account is overseen by the woman and she gives a statement of credits and spending by month end.

This will work in a setting where the man is a high risk taker there by a good earner and doesn't do well with savings, most times you'll find men like this settling with ladies who's risk appetite is not as much as theirs and handles money better.

2. A family will do well if the man happens to manage finances better than the woman, he earns well and equally handles money better than the woman, so in this case the woman makes a budget and bring to him, he then funds it.

Above all, trust should be built in all long term relationships and everyone should be open and seek the best interest of the relationship rather than self.

Good submission

1 Like

Re: Should Husband And Wife Have A Joint Account? by abimic(m): 7:04am On Jul 11, 2021
Of course, for me agreeing to marry a woman, she must have met all my checks and expectations to a minimum of 95% comfortably with a room for improvement. So, I would do a joint account with my partner, the joint account would be towards projects, goals, and not for frivolities which would be well spelt out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should Husband And Wife Have A Joint Account? by HRprof: 7:09am On Jul 11, 2021
DEMZEE:
Never

Men lead
Women follow

Marriage isn't a partnership, the man is the dominant gender and the woman is the submissive gender. The man's job is to protect, provide and give parental investment

This is 2021!! Your statement is for those still living in 1935
Most women are the breadwinner, who dominant gender help without finance

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman Celebrates As She Gives Birth To Twins After 8 Years Of Waiting / Thought Provoking Stories / My Husband Hired Agbero To Beat Me After 8 Months Into Marriage – Woman Laments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.