Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,695 members, 7,823,954 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

Gbajabiamila: I’ll Not Be Party To Any Press Gagging Bill - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gbajabiamila: I’ll Not Be Party To Any Press Gagging Bill (15557 Views)

I’ll Not Marginalise Any Part Of Nigeria – Tinubu / Olusegun Odebunmi, Sponsor Of Press Gagging Bill, Suspends It For Consultation / Lai Mohammed Says Nigerian Government Is Not Gagging The Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gbajabiamila: I’ll Not Be Party To Any Press Gagging Bill by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:32pm On Jul 12, 2021
The Speaker of the House of Representatives, Mr Femi Gbajabiamila, on Monday, said he would not be a party to any bill that sought to gag media practitioners.

Gbajabiamila made the assertion at an award ceremony tagged “Recognising Good Governance and Legislative Excellence in the Face of Adversity,” in Abuja.

The speaker was reacting to calls by some stakeholders to expunge the Press Council Bill, which sought to regulate activities of media practitioners.

FG makes U-turn, denies sponsoring bills to regulate social media

“I will not be part of any bill that will seek to gag the press, no bill will come to the floor of the house that seeks to gag the press because the press is supposed to be the voice of the people.

“However, there is press freedom and there is freedom of expression; it is important for Nigerians to listen to one another and understand each other so that we can make progress as a nation.

“There is nowhere in the world where freedom of expression is absolute, freedom of expression is limited to the extent that it does not affect another person’s freedom.

“That is made abundantly clear in the Constitution itself. If you go to section 45, it states the freedom of expression you have is limited for the sake of security, it is written in black and white,” NAN quoted him as saying.
Source: https://dailypost.ng/2021/07/12/ill-not-be-party-to-any-press-gagging-bill-gbajabiamila/

6 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila: I’ll Not Be Party To Any Press Gagging Bill by chiiraq802(m): 11:42pm On Jul 12, 2021
Like my Yoruba brothers.

Lori iro.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila: I’ll Not Be Party To Any Press Gagging Bill by FoolaniHellman: 11:43pm On Jul 12, 2021
Who you epp

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila: I’ll Not Be Party To Any Press Gagging Bill by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 11:56pm On Jul 12, 2021
Make Una lead us well if u b governor, gorvern us well

If u b senator, senate us well

Mr speaker speak am well

No let this nation to fall inside well

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila: I’ll Not Be Party To Any Press Gagging Bill by AdTimmy: 11:56pm On Jul 12, 2021
Lori iro ... rubber stamp rep. Awon gang ti o ti je dodo, ti o le so ododo mo

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila: I’ll Not Be Party To Any Press Gagging Bill by AdTimmy: 11:57pm On Jul 12, 2021
You all in power now will reap your evil in the nearest future, Karma will certainly strike all of una

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila: I’ll Not Be Party To Any Press Gagging Bill by OBALOLA55(m): 12:03am On Jul 13, 2021
WORKING FOR AMOUDA LAMIDI SANGODELE AKA BOLA AHMED TINUBU cool

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila: I’ll Not Be Party To Any Press Gagging Bill by updatechange(m): 12:05am On Jul 13, 2021
angry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila: I’ll Not Be Party To Any Press Gagging Bill by Nobody: 12:10am On Jul 13, 2021
Fulani slave

All this na just lipservice

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila: I’ll Not Be Party To Any Press Gagging Bill by Redhot111(m): 4:34am On Jul 13, 2021
Rubber stamps don't decide. It's solely for the owner of the rubber stamp to decide what to endorse with the stamp and what not to. Oga speaker, you be rubber stamp do shut the fvck up

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila: I’ll Not Be Party To Any Press Gagging Bill by Maxymilliano(m): 5:36am On Jul 13, 2021
Gbaja should he a proud rubber stamp Speaker in the hands of the Executive

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila: I’ll Not Be Party To Any Press Gagging Bill by Nobody: 5:48am On Jul 13, 2021
Robby Lawan...

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila: I’ll Not Be Party To Any Press Gagging Bill by Officialwarz: 5:50am On Jul 13, 2021
Being stingy is not only by not sharing food stuffs but sharing good things with others, you are here to get free answers why not share with your friends to get it free too

Join this group for free NECO question and answers https:///Hsed5SJnWT06uM6oFRGFxt
Re: Gbajabiamila: I’ll Not Be Party To Any Press Gagging Bill by Wiseandtrue(f): 5:50am On Jul 13, 2021
I will not be part of any bill that will seek to gag the press,

“There is nowhere in the world where freedom of expression is absolute, freedom of expression is limited to the extent that it does not affect another person’s freedom.

Femi Gbajabiamila, a 2 faced man! Why can't we just have a selfless leader

You don't support media gagging but you support regulations cheesy

Remind me again, what's the need for the court of law

This people are about the render the judiciary useless and if this is achieved, Sharia don dey implemented be that!

Nigerians wake up, let's say no to all these shades of wrong of our right!!!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila: I’ll Not Be Party To Any Press Gagging Bill by Monogamy: 5:51am On Jul 13, 2021
You better not be
Re: Gbajabiamila: I’ll Not Be Party To Any Press Gagging Bill by jumich1(m): 5:51am On Jul 13, 2021
So says the rubber stamp lawmaker! That tune will soon change as soon as his lord (Tinubu) rings to inform him of what his (Tinubu's) masters wants!

2 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila: I’ll Not Be Party To Any Press Gagging Bill by Lexusgs430: 5:51am On Jul 13, 2021
Off your mic...... Off your mic...... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila: I’ll Not Be Party To Any Press Gagging Bill by IamPatriotic(m): 5:52am On Jul 13, 2021
When a Nigeria Politician goes on an explanation spree like this, just know he's guilty of whatever he's publicly denying. That's how they roll.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila: I’ll Not Be Party To Any Press Gagging Bill by Romanoff(f): 5:52am On Jul 13, 2021
But you've been a party to a rubber stamp legislature.

3 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila: I’ll Not Be Party To Any Press Gagging Bill by Marvieduke(f): 5:52am On Jul 13, 2021
I thought as much.

2 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila: I’ll Not Be Party To Any Press Gagging Bill by ceemama: 5:53am On Jul 13, 2021
Ok
Re: Gbajabiamila: I’ll Not Be Party To Any Press Gagging Bill by SWDude: 5:54am On Jul 13, 2021
Re: Gbajabiamila: I’ll Not Be Party To Any Press Gagging Bill by ignis: 5:55am On Jul 13, 2021
Rubber stamp rep and rubber stamp Senate President under a confused President.

This country is finished.

3 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila: I’ll Not Be Party To Any Press Gagging Bill by Drsnives(m): 5:55am On Jul 13, 2021
Ok
Mumu man

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila: I’ll Not Be Party To Any Press Gagging Bill by Nobody: 5:58am On Jul 13, 2021
Mute mute mute
Re: Gbajabiamila: I’ll Not Be Party To Any Press Gagging Bill by Germi9: 5:58am On Jul 13, 2021
B
O
D
M
A
S
Re: Gbajabiamila: I’ll Not Be Party To Any Press Gagging Bill by Seyi8750: 5:59am On Jul 13, 2021
Parte after parte, ah yeah
Parte after parte, ah yeah
Parte after parte
After parte
After parte, ah yeah

Re: Gbajabiamila: I’ll Not Be Party To Any Press Gagging Bill by tunapawizzy: 5:59am On Jul 13, 2021
H
Re: Gbajabiamila: I’ll Not Be Party To Any Press Gagging Bill by Nobody: 6:03am On Jul 13, 2021
We have never had it this worst in the past few years....mehn things are tuff and difficult,market is expensive....God save your own

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

PDP Bot Resignation: Tambuwal May Quit As Party’s Governors' Forum Chair / Tinubu Appoints Akeredolu As Southwest Campaign Coordinator / INEC Needs To Be Reformed: Full Text Of YIAGA Africa's Post-Election Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.