Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,533 members, 7,819,914 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

Are These Words Different- "i Love U", "i Like U" And "i'm In Love With U& - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are These Words Different- "i Love U", "i Like U" And "i'm In Love With U& (669 Views)

"I Love You" And "I'm In Love With You" What Is The Difference? / 5 Steps To Make A Girl Fall In Love With U Fast / My Girlfriend's Best Friend Is A Guy And I'm Jealous! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are These Words Different- "i Love U", "i Like U" And "i'm In Love With U& by aliciaaaa: 1:21pm On May 11, 2011
My naija people please I need your help. Do the words "I love u", "I like u" and "I'm in love with u" mean different things or can they be used interchangeably? Most guys use it without thinking about what they imply; please share your interpretations. Many thanks
Re: Are These Words Different- "i Love U", "i Like U" And "i'm In Love With U& by MrCork17: 1:27pm On May 11, 2011
is this your school work? undecided
Re: Are These Words Different- "i Love U", "i Like U" And "i'm In Love With U& by InkedNerd(f): 1:47pm On May 11, 2011
@OP: The phrases are different but at times people use them interchangeably. You can love someone without being in love with the person. For example, if I have an ex-husband and we've divorce, I can still love him as a person but that doesn't mean that I am in love with him. The fact that I love him as opposed to being in love with him sorts of an evolutionary process in terms of my emotions for him--the in love phases seems more short term. As for liking someone well, you can like someone without being in love withe them or being in live with them. The way that phrase is used would probably depend on the nature of their of the individuals involved. For example, when I was in high school, I read Toni Morrison's "Sula" and in one of the chapters of the book, one of the characters Hannah mentions that she loves her daughter but doesn't like her. The nature of the individuals relationships would determine how these phrases can be used.
Re: Are These Words Different- "i Love U", "i Like U" And "i'm In Love With U& by aliciaaaa: 1:52pm On May 11, 2011
@Mr Cork: Obviously not. Besides this forum isn't for school work
@Inked nerd: good explanation, thanks
Re: Are These Words Different- "i Love U", "i Like U" And "i'm In Love With U& by MMM2(m): 6:46pm On May 11, 2011
why u dey ask
Re: Are These Words Different- "i Love U", "i Like U" And "i'm In Love With U& by Godmother(f): 6:57pm On May 11, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

@OP: The phrases are different but at times people use them interchangeably. You can love someone without being in love with the person. For example, if I have an ex-husband and we've divorce, I can still love him as a person but that doesn't mean that I am in love with him. The fact that I love him as opposed to being in love with him sorts of an evolutionary process in terms of my emotions for him--the in love phases seems more short term. As for liking someone well, you can like someone without being in love withe them or being in live with them. The way that phrase is used would probably depend on the nature of their of the individuals involved. For example, when I was in high school, I read Toni Morrison's "Sula" and in one of the chapters of the book, one of the characters Hannah mentions that she loves her daughter but but doesn't like her. The nature of the individuals relationships would determine how these phrases can be used.

All said
Re: Are These Words Different- "i Love U", "i Like U" And "i'm In Love With U& by iice(f): 3:21am On May 12, 2011
All different.
Inked basically said it all.
You can like someone without necessarily loving them.
You can love someone without necessarily liking them - this usually happens with families.
To be in love combines lust and love - usually with romantic relationships
You can love someone without being in lust with them - usually with platonic relationships/friendships.
Re: Are These Words Different- "i Love U", "i Like U" And "i'm In Love With U& by vivaladiva(f): 4:03am On May 12, 2011
na because one turkey brain fit see u for road for naija, begin toast, with i love u, na wetin dey cause alll this confussion

(1) (Reply)

Who Did You Put It? / Please, Keep Searching Until You Find Her / Love, What Is It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.