Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,304 members, 7,829,714 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner (32865 Views)

Senate Minority Caucus Rejects Lauretta Onochie Nomination As INEC Commissioner / Buhari Appoints Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner / Senate Rejects Senator Abbo’s Apology, Reveals Next Move (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by ucheemmadu18(m): 12:33pm On Jul 13, 2021

Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by KILLTHECOWS(f): 12:36pm On Jul 13, 2021
luvinhubby:
Case closed

This Buhari & Senate mumu sha, she was not rejected based on her partisanship but because there is no vacancy in her state quota.

These politicians are taking Nigerians for granted
why was she nominated in the first place since they know there is no vacancy?
That excuse is to decieve the brainless Nigerians so as not to portray the government weak and succumbing to the public.
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by TruthHurts1(m): 12:36pm On Jul 13, 2021
Abi O! See as FORWARDEVERLY mama come disgrace family name! grin

olaboy33:
After furthering soiling her name, I hope the old woman can return to the beer parlour where she belongs.

She'll do better as a commissioner there.
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by BJanta: 12:38pm On Jul 13, 2021
dre11:

https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-senate-rejects-onochie-as-inec-commissioner

Na you sabi. Whether because of national character or questionable character she's disqualified and she's disqualified. And thank GOD for that.
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by Ojiofor: 12:39pm On Jul 13, 2021
Yusman316:

They do the wrong thing, u complain. They do the right thing u still complain.
What exactly do Nigerians want?

Where did you see complain in my post?
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by akin9ja78(m): 12:39pm On Jul 13, 2021
They want to sabotage Inec, daft moves
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by Grucho1(m): 12:43pm On Jul 13, 2021
Time the senate start showing they are representatives of the people not of the president
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by sisibuma: 12:43pm On Jul 13, 2021
Interesting episode. Chapter 1 vs 2
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by ajebuter(f): 12:45pm On Jul 13, 2021
Ope oo

First time the 9th Rubber stamp NASS is sensible
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by fc450(m): 12:46pm On Jul 13, 2021
Jashub:
This is the best news I've heard all week. Let God continue to scatter their satanic plans to rule Nigeria forever
hahaha,I dey laugh you � same thing happened during Magus's time,he was rejected,but APC still kept him der
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by BeardedMeat(m): 12:48pm On Jul 13, 2021
Thewrath:

That is what people are failing to see,they rejected her not because she identified with APC,but because they don’t want to leave a sensitive position like that in the hands of someone from a SS/SE extraction..

The same APC supporters that are supposed to be angry at this will be the ones to mock her.
Are there no inec commissioners from both SE and SS?
Like someone said, this was a very slippery test for rubber lawan.
She's a paper weight politician, the furore her appointment would have generated would have been maddening and APC is already overwhelmed as a government
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by Elmaaq: 12:49pm On Jul 13, 2021
dre11:

I believe she was a distraction
Someone else there is the main advocate
Meanwhile electricity tariff has been increased
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by Kdon2: 12:50pm On Jul 13, 2021
Virus99:
Buhari trying to act like he really love the Igbo people grin
He knew she will be rejected !

Why don't you Offer her other positions where she will not be rejected like the Ministerial portfolio cheesy

Nice script to display fake Nationalism

So this reckless moralless woman is ok to represent Igbo interest at all? SMH
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by Munzy14(m): 12:50pm On Jul 13, 2021
All I know is this is done to divert attention from southern condemnation of The wayo PIB that will increase pump price....

And buhari will be quick to sign that joke of a bill into law...because it guarantees the north a huge percentage for wayo oil exploration in the north...While the Niger delta who suffer the most on this oil issue get a paltry percentage from a natural resource in their region...

North will know peace the day they stop sitting on collective wealth...If not 600yrs...of suffering

They head every agency and control the resources, but remained the poverty region...Na packaged curse from God o...cheesy specially grilled poverty.

Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 12:50pm On Jul 13, 2021
Good... she should go back to her Parmwine business
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by otokx(m): 12:52pm On Jul 13, 2021
So there is still hope for Nigeria? It is well.
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by Emmyxclusive: 12:53pm On Jul 13, 2021
This to me is not an achievement, they had no choice. And if I read correctly, thier reason for rejecting her is because there is currently a serving inec commissioner from delta state.

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by ken6488(m): 12:53pm On Jul 13, 2021
Thewrath:

That is what people are failing to see,they rejected her not because she identified with APC,but because they don’t want to leave a sensitive position like that in the hands of someone from a SS/SE extraction..

The same APC supporters that are supposed to be angry at this will be the ones to mock her.
Rest,
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by Tzar(m): 12:54pm On Jul 13, 2021
GMB keeps pushing his luck & goodwill with Nigerians to the extreme.

dre11:

Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by traihit: 12:56pm On Jul 13, 2021
I don't feel excited nor sad about this event. The woman wasn't rejected because she's been a member of the APC like we're celebrating here. She's rejected because of federal character principle. They say there's a federal commissioner already, from Delta where she's from.

They apply federal character when it comes to southerners. I'd have been happy if they rejected her because of partisanship.
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by akinademayowa(m): 12:59pm On Jul 13, 2021
She will soon become an Ambassador now
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by okuta007: 1:01pm On Jul 13, 2021
olaboy33:
After furthering soiling her name, I hope the old woman can return to the beer parlour where she belongs.

She'll do better as a commissioner there.

all this Onochie brouhhaha is a diversionary tactic to keep Niger Deltans in the dark about the PIB - hmmmm the North don take over awa oil kpatakpata nothing remain for us again oooo cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by gulfer: 1:01pm On Jul 13, 2021
The rejection was a no-brainer from her nomination and submission, my issue is the time wasted debating what should have been expunged/rejected at the get-go angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by chiedozie198100: 1:08pm On Jul 13, 2021
i feel fulanis just set her up for this disgrace. grin grin grin grin
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by Teenaira: 1:10pm On Jul 13, 2021
dre11:

In all this my biggest challenge is trying to figure out when and why Cattle rearing which is purely a private business became a national business of the federal republic of Nigeria !!!
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by chiedozie198100: 1:10pm On Jul 13, 2021
ucheemmadu18:

u r a wicked somebody oo. grin grin grin grin grin grin

see as rufai keep face like, "wetin carry me enter this shithole called naija?"

God for drop me for coutonou na.
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by kingsceedon(m): 1:11pm On Jul 13, 2021
Whiteangel1234:
Good for the Traitor and Betrayal Onochie Sabo

You no go blame her naw, na PUSSY she dey trade
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by Rilley(m): 1:11pm On Jul 13, 2021
Good news
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by Easternblood: 1:12pm On Jul 13, 2021
That akwuna akwuna , a complete disgrace to the proud Anioma people
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by barinedan(m): 1:12pm On Jul 13, 2021
Her nomination was just a formality, it was well known before now that she won't make it. She can now continue defending buhari in peace
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by Indispensable85(m): 1:12pm On Jul 13, 2021
Great decision!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Some Of Us In APC Don't Attack Atiku - Garba Adamu / Fayose Congratulates Tinubu, Calls For Ayu’s Resignation / The Wedding Between Two Refugees At Fufore IDP Camp In Adamawa (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.