Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,342 members, 7,829,868 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner (32866 Views)

Senate Minority Caucus Rejects Lauretta Onochie Nomination As INEC Commissioner / Buhari Appoints Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner / Senate Rejects Senator Abbo’s Apology, Reveals Next Move (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by chloride6: 1:15pm On Jul 13, 2021
Lawan, today na man you be
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by FarahAideed: 1:16pm On Jul 13, 2021
Virus99:
Buhari trying to act like he really love the Igbo people grin
He knew she will be rejected !

Why don't you Offer her other positions where she will not be rejected like the Ministerial portfolio cheesy

Nice script to display fake Nationalism

You understand the game well

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by thomasjoe(m): 1:16pm On Jul 13, 2021
Jashub:
This is the best news I've heard all week. Let God continue to scatter their satanic plans to rule Nigeria forever

Yes ... I believe it was all a script by the Fed. Govt acted , so they look good and effective in the eyes of the public...
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by bejeria101(m): 1:17pm On Jul 13, 2021
OssyMalik:
Very good!!

She can go back being Buhari’s political side chick.

Useless woman

Eewww
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by simplesearch: 1:18pm On Jul 13, 2021
Righteousness2:
Kudos to the Senate for allowing common sense to prevail over sentiments and politics.
It would have been very stupid and the height of impunity for the Lawan led senate to accept her.

I wonder what could have precipitated her nomination in the first place. Same way Garba, Femi et all can be given further appointment but definitely not a sensitive one as INEC chairman, that will be a prelude to reckless rigging and subverting of peoples will as they've shown their open partisanship from the start.
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by Calfat01(m): 1:20pm On Jul 13, 2021
Me too.

Jashub:
This is the best news I've heard all week. Let God continue to scatter their satanic plans to rule Nigeria forever
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by simplesearch: 1:21pm On Jul 13, 2021
PS712:

Please read reason why she was disqualified. It's not because of public outcry or her being partisan, but because there isn't vacancy from her region. Isn't it laughable?

And you believe this government has any regard for federal character. Check and you'll realize the excuse was just a smokescreen, she was actually rejected because of public outcry, they could read the hand writing on the wall already.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by hollywater: 1:22pm On Jul 13, 2021
Wike is a strong Man. The old bitch can go back to Palm wine joint in Ubulu Uku and continue her drinking.

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by rayvelez(m): 1:25pm On Jul 13, 2021
Imagine having this uncouth, hippopotamus lookalike woman as Inec commissioner mtchee.

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by abidem4real: 1:26pm On Jul 13, 2021

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by CodeTemplar: 1:26pm On Jul 13, 2021
Seun:
Now they will nominate Alhaji Sheik Imam Hussein Azeez Mustapha Muhammad Ali Adamu.
only one person can be nominated as replacement.
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by PAWG(m): 1:28pm On Jul 13, 2021
She’s the architect of her predicament. She took ass-licking too far, now it has come back to haunt her. Better luck next time

2 Likes

Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by Sholaco: 1:28pm On Jul 13, 2021
Hahahahahaha the way this southerners behave surprised me hmm. Useless people, no unity, they don't love themselves and they will be shouting marginalisation grin. Tell me, this woman wouldn't have been rejected if she a northerner "yan'arewa" no amount of protest or petition would make the power that be respect her. But this is the true colour of our southern people grin
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by Victorclean1: 1:32pm On Jul 13, 2021
What about Isa Pantami?
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by Victorclean1: 1:33pm On Jul 13, 2021
Is like making Lai Mohammed inec chairman of Delta State
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by ogbonnachrys: 1:35pm On Jul 13, 2021
Mumu senators, so if not for federal character principles they would'nt have disqualified her
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by FatherCHRlSTMAS: 1:44pm On Jul 13, 2021
Seun:
Now they will nominate Alhaji Sheik Imam Hussein Azeez Mustapha Muhammad Ali Adamu.
grin grin grin
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by Chidywhite: 1:49pm On Jul 13, 2021
Righteousness2:
Kudos to the Senate for allowing common sense to prevail over sentiments and politics.
It would have been very stupid and the height of impunity for the Lawan led senate to accept her.
Lawn would have confirmed her, the fact is that INEC committee refused her and Federal character was considered, as a rubber stamp, he would have confirmed. Formal INEC chairman prof. Jega condemned her nomination by BUHARI. BUHARI is out to course problems in this country.

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by kovic7(m): 2:00pm On Jul 13, 2021
That's what you get when you carry Evil on ur head and continue to defend bad governance.

I hope that vulture griller here will learn from This
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by batstan(m): 2:01pm On Jul 13, 2021
luvinhubby:
Case closed

This Buhari & Senate mumu sha, she was not rejected based on her partisanship but because there is no vacancy in her state quota.

These politicians are taking Nigerians for granted
They know what they are doing. See, they just got themselves a minute of good names. Everyone is happy cos she was rejected. Attention diverted successfully grin
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by Yusman316(m): 2:14pm On Jul 13, 2021
Ojiofor:

Where did you see complain in my post?
My bad, u were not the person I wanted to quote
grin grin cool
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by Witttyduchess(f): 2:30pm On Jul 13, 2021
baliyubla:
Staged to give the Rubber Stamp Senate some credibility.
God bless you for this.
You get sense no be small

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by Minjim: 2:32pm On Jul 13, 2021
So these Senators can't be honest for once?

You claimed you left Apc in 2019 and you were appointed the next year.

You must think Nigerians are fools like those still supporting Buhari
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by Jamodeen95(m): 3:04pm On Jul 13, 2021
I blame buhari for nominating her in the first place.. undecided
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by seunmsg(m): 3:05pm On Jul 13, 2021
Seun:

Is that not what we want? We antagonize our own in the name of politics but they look beyond politics to push their own at every given opportunity. Let her be replaced with another Mallam, it is what we deserve in the south.
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by Ojiofor: 3:32pm On Jul 13, 2021
Yusman316:

My bad, u were not the person I wanted to quote
grin grin cool

Sometimes e dey happen grin
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by Bamzyriches451: 3:47pm On Jul 13, 2021
Nah Mehn,, No qualms
So so sophisticated
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by kunkelhanspeter(m): 3:48pm On Jul 13, 2021
We all know it will never going to happen they just want to give her little hope
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by Baztardmods: 3:58pm On Jul 13, 2021
Stup1d woman
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by micronut(m): 4:00pm On Jul 13, 2021
This is the full story of her Rejection and Why

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H_p8g0ZH5c

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fayose Congratulates Tinubu, Calls For Ayu’s Resignation / The Wedding Between Two Refugees At Fufore IDP Camp In Adamawa (Photos) / US Soldiers Singing Nigerian National Anthem (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.