Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

D'Tigers Victory: Precious Achiuwa Is The Real MVP - Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / D'Tigers Victory: Precious Achiuwa Is The Real MVP - Osinbajo (22167 Views)

Nigerians React To The Death Of Precious Owolabi, Channels TV Corper Reporter / Precious Owolabi Is Dead: Channels TV Reporter Shot During Shiites-Police Clash / Precious Chikwendu Gets PDP Political Appointment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

D'Tigers Victory: Precious Achiuwa Is The Real MVP - Osinbajo by TheRareGem1(f): 4:52pm On Jul 13, 2021
On Sunday, the Nigeria basketball team, D’Tiger becomes the first African nation to defeat Team USA, although it was an exhibition but the defeat didn’t go well with Team USA Basketball fans.

In a recent development, the Vice President, Prof Yemi Osinbajo while delivering a speech at the send forth ceremony of team Nigeria for the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games at the state House yesterday made a reference to the 90-87 defeat against the US team led by all-world forward Kevin Durant. ‘‘For anyone who thinks we are joking, maybe they haven’t seen the exihibition basket ball game on Saturday against the USA team, especially that amazing block by Precious Achuwa against Kevin Durant (KD) who is probably the best NBA player probably right now, so Precious, you are the real MVP’’, he said.

Following the development, American celebrity sports commentator, Kelvin Clancy had taken to his Twitter account to express disappointment that the United States had lost to Nigeria’s D’Tigers.
”’We lost to Nigeria in Basketball? Do they even have food?
”You know what am just gonna watch UFC,” he wrote.

Contrary to his opinion, the US coach Gregg Popovich said “I thought that the Nigerian team played very physically, did a great job in that regard and knocked down a lot of 3s,”.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klddV5_HJ-E

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: D'Tigers Victory: Precious Achiuwa Is The Real MVP - Osinbajo by TheRareGem1(f): 4:53pm On Jul 13, 2021
I like this man. He Sabi.

He knows how e dey go for town

At least we won't hear "We are marginalized on this thread" grin

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: D'Tigers Victory: Precious Achiuwa Is The Real MVP - Osinbajo by Deputy1111(m): 5:01pm On Jul 13, 2021
The winning was another pride for our dear country Nigeria,,,

I suspecting the VP watch the match sef

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: D'Tigers Victory: Precious Achiuwa Is The Real MVP - Osinbajo by Jhayphil: 5:15pm On Jul 13, 2021
It was a job well done and I hope this helps their games against other opponents at the Olympics.

7 Likes

Re: D'Tigers Victory: Precious Achiuwa Is The Real MVP - Osinbajo by okefranci: 6:07pm On Jul 13, 2021
I want to celebrate with you guys later,win! win!! win!!!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: D'Tigers Victory: Precious Achiuwa Is The Real MVP - Osinbajo by KingsizeD(m): 6:10pm On Jul 13, 2021
Osinbade the short man devil go just open mouth and talk careless , if the teammates didn't japa from this Godforsaken country will they have the tenacity and skill to whoop USA asses ?
FOOD FOR THOUGHT.
I dedicate that Victory to the USA counsellors at the embassy because no matter how many VISAS applications they deny , we must all Japa from the UAR and be great.

36 Likes

Re: D'Tigers Victory: Precious Achiuwa Is The Real MVP - Osinbajo by cybertyrant(m): 6:10pm On Jul 13, 2021
Winning in the Olympics is the real deal, no be gra gra

6 Likes

Re: D'Tigers Victory: Precious Achiuwa Is The Real MVP - Osinbajo by DropsMic(m): 6:10pm On Jul 13, 2021
If only Nigerians go emulate coach brown and start voting the right people into public offices instead of voting along ethnic, religion and party lines

4 Likes

Re: D'Tigers Victory: Precious Achiuwa Is The Real MVP - Osinbajo by gaetano: 6:11pm On Jul 13, 2021
Comon getat!
Re: D'Tigers Victory: Precious Achiuwa Is The Real MVP - Osinbajo by BruncleZuma: 6:11pm On Jul 13, 2021
This USA team when Australia just trash finish grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: D'Tigers Victory: Precious Achiuwa Is The Real MVP - Osinbajo by Dpharisee: 6:11pm On Jul 13, 2021
BASKET BALL
NIGERIA VS USA
90 - 87
THE WINNER IS
NIGERIA!!!
Interestingly the team make up is:
SE 13
SW 1
SS 1
Another SW player in the match (Adebayo) played for team USA

THE SOUTHERNERS ARE TRULY A GREAT PEOPLE.
This is one of the beauties of our Diversity.
Nigeria a great people and a great Nation.
CONGRATULATIONS

I am looking for people from Futa Jalon in the team since quota system was not applied as they are trying to introduce to Super Eagles cheesy

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: D'Tigers Victory: Precious Achiuwa Is The Real MVP - Osinbajo by HEAVEN4444: 6:11pm On Jul 13, 2021
grin
Re: D'Tigers Victory: Precious Achiuwa Is The Real MVP - Osinbajo by aspabay(m): 6:11pm On Jul 13, 2021
Nice one, that victory was very significant.
Re: D'Tigers Victory: Precious Achiuwa Is The Real MVP - Osinbajo by YungMillionaire: 6:12pm On Jul 13, 2021
Just imagine if the Yoruba-Greek boy and his brothers join this Nigerian team? I tell you the will bring the Olympic Gold home with no stress.

11 Likes

Re: D'Tigers Victory: Precious Achiuwa Is The Real MVP - Osinbajo by Amotolongbo(f): 6:12pm On Jul 13, 2021
How come no one isn’t reporting the defeat Argentina Basketball team suffered yesterday in the hands of D’Tigers by 94-71?

Argentina is the 4th in Basket Ball world ranking.

Look out for the D’Tigers in Tokyo

23 Likes

Re: D'Tigers Victory: Precious Achiuwa Is The Real MVP - Osinbajo by rofanx13: 6:12pm On Jul 13, 2021
My only joy is that for the first time, rubber stamp, LAWAN finally heed to our cry by not forcing ONOCHIE down our troat.

Thank you senator GAYA

2 Likes

Re: D'Tigers Victory: Precious Achiuwa Is The Real MVP - Osinbajo by BiafIntel: 6:12pm On Jul 13, 2021
Biafra national basketball team 90-87 USA. Out of 15 players, 12 are Igbo. What a people. grin grin In fact, Igbo Amaka big time.

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: D'Tigers Victory: Precious Achiuwa Is The Real MVP - Osinbajo by Wiseandtrue(f): 6:13pm On Jul 13, 2021
H
Re: D'Tigers Victory: Precious Achiuwa Is The Real MVP - Osinbajo by atesunate16(m): 6:13pm On Jul 13, 2021
We dont have food?

Chai will racism ever end?

Congratulations to Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: D'Tigers Victory: Precious Achiuwa Is The Real MVP - Osinbajo by Baba1234: 6:13pm On Jul 13, 2021
Naija to the world
Re: D'Tigers Victory: Precious Achiuwa Is The Real MVP - Osinbajo by aspabay(m): 6:13pm On Jul 13, 2021
Record don set.
Nigeria beat USA in Basket ball
Re: D'Tigers Victory: Precious Achiuwa Is The Real MVP - Osinbajo by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jul 13, 2021
Look at this one...Shioorrrr,Have your hands and mouth finally been UNTIED......MR BDSM!!!

1 Like

Re: D'Tigers Victory: Precious Achiuwa Is The Real MVP - Osinbajo by Tyranny: 6:14pm On Jul 13, 2021
The real MVP!

1 Like

Re: D'Tigers Victory: Precious Achiuwa Is The Real MVP - Osinbajo by Dagger111(m): 6:14pm On Jul 13, 2021
TheRareGem1:
I lie this man. He Sabi.

He knows how e dey go for town

You lie the man, you not truth the man as well?
Re: D'Tigers Victory: Precious Achiuwa Is The Real MVP - Osinbajo by tillaman(m): 6:15pm On Jul 13, 2021
PYO should better not say anything before PMB sends him on another errand, he will think PYO is less busy and all

1 Like

Re: D'Tigers Victory: Precious Achiuwa Is The Real MVP - Osinbajo by Biglittlelois(f): 6:15pm On Jul 13, 2021
I have to start watching basketball, it's becoming very interesting!!!
Re: D'Tigers Victory: Precious Achiuwa Is The Real MVP - Osinbajo by Harrykn: 6:15pm On Jul 13, 2021
Okay
Re: D'Tigers Victory: Precious Achiuwa Is The Real MVP - Osinbajo by BiafIntel: 6:15pm On Jul 13, 2021
aspabay:
Record don set.
Nigeria beat USA in Basket ball
Biafra beat the USA in basketball. What do you call a team that has 13 Igbo players out of 15 players?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: D'Tigers Victory: Precious Achiuwa Is The Real MVP - Osinbajo by Birikiti: 6:15pm On Jul 13, 2021
PYO is so high on emotional intelligence!

Politics aside, it'd be great to have him as Nigerian president;

Someone that can awaken the patriotic spirit in all Nigerians and make them proud of their country.

Someone that knows how to build bridges and calm the nerves of agitators

Someone who has innovative ideas to make the country work (his stints as acting President speak loudly)

Someone who can engage the man/woman on the street in meaningful, stimulating convo and do the same with powerful Presidents world over

Let me stop before they think I'm campaigning.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: D'Tigers Victory: Precious Achiuwa Is The Real MVP - Osinbajo by Thanos5555: 6:16pm On Jul 13, 2021
SPACE TO COMMENT FOR SALE, CONTACT ME FOR SALE
Re: D'Tigers Victory: Precious Achiuwa Is The Real MVP - Osinbajo by mzBEAM(f): 6:16pm On Jul 13, 2021
Alaye pack well.
Re: D'Tigers Victory: Precious Achiuwa Is The Real MVP - Osinbajo by PAWG(m): 6:16pm On Jul 13, 2021
Seconded

Big foot KD grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bagudu: APC May Go For Consensus Presidential Candidate In 2023 Polls / Gunmen Kill Six In Yobe Christmas Church Service / Senate Panel Presents Buhari’s Impeachment Report Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.