Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,688 members, 7,816,800 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

Africa Responds To Unrest And Looting In South Africa (PIX) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Africa Responds To Unrest And Looting In South Africa (PIX) (4387 Views)

Palliatives Looting In Gwagwalada, Abuja, Soldiers, Police Watch (Videos) / EndSARS: Donald Duke On Looting In Calabar, 'When Human Being Steals Toilet' / Police Should Arrest & Deal With Anyone Involved In Burning And Looting Shops (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Africa Responds To Unrest And Looting In South Africa (PIX) by TMKsouth: 7:23pm On Jul 13, 2021
Amid widespread looting in South Africa following the arrest of former president Jacob Zuma, residents of its African neighbours have taken to social media to share their thoughts on events in Mzansi (nickname for SA).

Zuma handed himself in to prison authorities last Wednesday to start his 15-month jail sentence after the Constitutional Court convicted and sentenced him on June 29 for contempt of court over his failure to testify as ordered before a probe into corruption during his presidency.

Loyal Zuma supporters in KwaZulu-Natal (his home province) initially responded in protest that turned into looting as buildings and cars were set on fire. The violence and looting continued to spread across KZN (Durban) and Gauteng (Johannesburg).

Nigeria

“South Africa needs huge military presence to stop this seasonal looting. I’m sure Nigeria will be glad to send their soldiers,” a Nigerian local wrote on social media.

"What in the madness is going on in South Africa? Is the looting government sponsored like it was in Nigeria sometimes last year?" posted another.

Ghana

Tweets from Ghana followed with, "We said we are suffering in Ghana, but South Africans suffer (more than us)" and "One day the looting in South Africa will happen in Ghana, we don't wish it but when the people are fed up, there'll be a reaction."

Botswana

Closer to home, a Botswana resident responded with, "I had a feeling something like this would happen in SA since the start of the year… This is why I’m so adamant on Botswana not relying on South Africa so much".

Meanwhile, Botswana has issued a travel alert and advised its citizens to avoid unnecessary travel to South Africa due to the unrest.

“Batswana who are already in South Africa are advised to exercise extreme caution and avoid unnecessary movements, especially in cities such as Johannesburg and Durban,” read the statement.

Kenya

"Let's admit underlying issues are grave: state capture, looting, impunity, gluttony."

Attachments - Nigeria & Ghana

Re: Africa Responds To Unrest And Looting In South Africa (PIX) by TMKsouth: 7:24pm On Jul 13, 2021
Namibia

Re: Africa Responds To Unrest And Looting In South Africa (PIX) by SeeThisLoser: 7:27pm On Jul 13, 2021
South Africa is a few meals away from Anarchy. I hope they fix their country.

5 Likes

Re: Africa Responds To Unrest And Looting In South Africa (PIX) by illicit(m): 7:31pm On Jul 13, 2021
Africa na one
Re: Africa Responds To Unrest And Looting In South Africa (PIX) by TMKsouth: 7:32pm On Jul 13, 2021
Botswana

Re: Africa Responds To Unrest And Looting In South Africa (PIX) by TMKsouth: 7:38pm On Jul 13, 2021
SeeThisLoser:
South Africa is a few meals away from Anarchy. I hope they fix their country.

Thanx man. It's definitely scary times, I've never seen anything like this. But we will come out of this stronger. Already communities are mobilising to fight back against the anarchy. No crazy Zuma looters will destroy our country.

4 Likes

Re: Africa Responds To Unrest And Looting In South Africa (PIX) by IhateYouMan: 7:40pm On Jul 13, 2021
TMKsouth:

Thanx man. It's definitely scary times, I've never seen anything like this. But we will come out of this stronger. Already communities are mobilising to fight back against the anarchy. No crazy Zuma looters will destroy out country.

You are the only hope of black Africa now, with Ghana - Nigeria is 100 times worse as we all know.

1 Like

Re: Africa Responds To Unrest And Looting In South Africa (PIX) by Monogamy: 7:42pm On Jul 13, 2021
It Is really too disgraceful..

it's something worth having community discussion about.

Stealing coffins , Wonders don end oo

1 Like

Re: Africa Responds To Unrest And Looting In South Africa (PIX) by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jul 13, 2021
Nigerians will be like this people can loot more than us. Next time, we shall loot more than them.
Re: Africa Responds To Unrest And Looting In South Africa (PIX) by HONESTFACT101(m): 7:43pm On Jul 13, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
Nigerians will be like this people can loot more than us. Next time, we shall loot more than them
your stewpidity is standing at attentionsad

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Africa Responds To Unrest And Looting In South Africa (PIX) by IhateYouMan: 7:49pm On Jul 13, 2021
Monogamy:
Is really too disgraceful..

Stealing coffins, Wonders don end

You shit hole is a million times worse, stealing Indomie - LMAO

2 Likes

Re: Africa Responds To Unrest And Looting In South Africa (PIX) by PrinceOfLagos: 7:52pm On Jul 13, 2021
South Africa is sinking

1 Like

Re: Africa Responds To Unrest And Looting In South Africa (PIX) by TMKsouth: 7:54pm On Jul 13, 2021
Monogamy:

Playing devil's advocate: in a country experiencing a devastating 3rd Covid wave with daily infections averaging 20,000 people and over 60,000 deaths so far - maybe there's a market. Especially because some unscrupulous undertakers have been known to dig up their own coffins soon after burial - true story (so they'll definitely buy on the black market).

But yes, at face value it is nonsensical.
Re: Africa Responds To Unrest And Looting In South Africa (PIX) by fergie001: 7:57pm On Jul 13, 2021
Hopefully, there should be some control.....Rama & the elite should lead this.

3 Likes

Re: Africa Responds To Unrest And Looting In South Africa (PIX) by TMKsouth: 8:07pm On Jul 13, 2021
fergie001:
Hopefully, there should be some control.....Rama & the elite should lead this.

He's convening talks with opposition and business leaders to map way forward. In the short term we need more troops on the ground though, they were not visible enough today.
Re: Africa Responds To Unrest And Looting In South Africa (PIX) by Lionessza6(f): 8:24pm On Jul 13, 2021
fergie001:
Hopefully, there should be some control.....[b]Rama & the elite [/b]should lead this.

Conspiracy theories they say grin..... we're on track wink. I wonder how it will all end,as this is clearly nolonger about Zuma but something more sinister....

4 Likes

Re: Africa Responds To Unrest And Looting In South Africa (PIX) by Nuelito: 8:29pm On Jul 13, 2021
South Africans just like to dey loot....lazy set of homosapiens

2 Likes

Re: Africa Responds To Unrest And Looting In South Africa (PIX) by temitope27(m): 8:29pm On Jul 13, 2021
This one's are just shading SA except Nigeria
Re: Africa Responds To Unrest And Looting In South Africa (PIX) by lkillbrokehoes: 8:45pm On Jul 13, 2021
IhateYouMan:

You just registered today and you are spewing rubbish, ode

5 Likes

Re: Africa Responds To Unrest And Looting In South Africa (PIX) by Monogamy: 8:47pm On Jul 13, 2021
IhateYouMan:

Stealing Indomie is still good cos that is hunger, what should will call stealing coffin? For self burial?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Africa Responds To Unrest And Looting In South Africa (PIX) by lkillbrokehoes: 8:47pm On Jul 13, 2021
This xenophobic guy still have the guts creating threads instead of staying offline and hide in shame or perhaps enjoy his coffin loots, lol grincheesy

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africa Responds To Unrest And Looting In South Africa (PIX) by Fahdiga(m): 8:48pm On Jul 13, 2021
@TMKsouth what did you looted? You can't tell me you are innocent amid all this massive lootings going on in your backyard

5 Likes

Re: Africa Responds To Unrest And Looting In South Africa (PIX) by lkillbrokehoes: 8:49pm On Jul 13, 2021
South Africans are the most lazy, unproductive, jobless and backward people in Africa, it's such a pity.

4 Likes

Re: Africa Responds To Unrest And Looting In South Africa (PIX) by Fahdiga(m): 8:52pm On Jul 13, 2021
Monogamy:

Stealing Indomie is still good cos that is hunger, what should will call stealing coffin? For self burial?
But you boldly told the bewildered world that you looted sign post during the endsars protest. Why playing the saint?
Re: Africa Responds To Unrest And Looting In South Africa (PIX) by TMKsouth: 8:54pm On Jul 13, 2021
Fahdiga:
@TMKsouth what did you loot? You can't tell me you are innocent amid all this massive lootings going on in your backyard

I intend on looting Nairaland cool
Re: Africa Responds To Unrest And Looting In South Africa (PIX) by Monogamy: 8:54pm On Jul 13, 2021
Fahdiga:
But you boldly told the bewildered world that you looted sign post during the endsars protest. Why playing the saint?

Fahdiga, must you continue to be adding to your unbreakable record of lies on NL?

Imagine the way he used boldly.. I dare you to provide evidence.

Nonsense

Modified: I no talk am, someone they dared..

The joke is on you.

Btw, that your cunning way of derailing from the topic to something else, please stop it cos I ain't gonna respond to you again.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africa Responds To Unrest And Looting In South Africa (PIX) by Fahdiga(m): 8:55pm On Jul 13, 2021
TMKsouth:

I intend on looting Nairaland cool
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Africa Responds To Unrest And Looting In South Africa (PIX) by TMKsouth: 8:56pm On Jul 13, 2021
lkillbrokehoes:
This xenophobic guy still have the guts creating threads instead of staying offline and hide in shame or perhaps enjoy his coffin loots, lol grincheesy

U still alive bozzo? I looted the coffins for all the Nigerian trolls I slay day-in and day-out cool.
Re: Africa Responds To Unrest And Looting In South Africa (PIX) by Fahdiga(m): 8:57pm On Jul 13, 2021
Monogamy:

Fahdiga, must you continue to be adding to your unbreakable record of lies on NL?

Imagine the way he used boldly.. I dare you to provide evidence.

Nonsense
Internet never forgets. Don't let me expose you for who you are to the world. I hate hypocrites to be honest
Re: Africa Responds To Unrest And Looting In South Africa (PIX) by Omoslim26: 8:58pm On Jul 13, 2021
Monogamy:

Aswear this one is to big for wonder oo��
Watin dem wan use coffins do sef�

1 Like

Re: Africa Responds To Unrest And Looting In South Africa (PIX) by fergie001: 9:00pm On Jul 13, 2021
TMKsouth:
He's convening talks with opposition and business leaders to map way forward. In the short term we need more troops on the ground though, they were not visible enough today.
That's Good.
Also heard the ANC are trying to file criminal charges against Edward, Duduzane & Duduzile based on their SM-support for the violence in KZN & other places.

I watched the twin boy's probe at the Zondo Commission yesterday, some arrogance...wtf

Death toll has climbed to 72 with over 1000 arrests. Communities are coming out and guarding against looting taking shifts night & day which is good.

Lionessza6:
Conspiracies they say grin..... we're on track wink. I wonder how it will all end,as this is clearly no longer about Zuma but something more sinister....
I think the Zuma issue was just a springboard wrt the frustrations occasioned by Poverty & COVID-19 lockdown.

When you keep people in for a long time, and there is neither food nor money, what happens?

Unemployment is now over 30%...Zuma's arrest was just a catalyst.

PS: Why is Malema's account suspended?

1 Like

Re: Africa Responds To Unrest And Looting In South Africa (PIX) by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jul 13, 2021
lkillbrokehoes:
South Africans are the most lazy, unproductive, jobless and backward people in Africa, it's such a pity.

What about Nigerians that were looting during endsar?

I also believe that Nigerians are the ones developing south Africa grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ghanaians, Kenyans In Uproar Over Nigerian Music Dominance - Video / Leave Enoch Adeboye Alone! / **JAKUMO**Who is he**Im fascinated by his writing manner and Vast Knowledge**

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.