Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

Alcohol Addiction - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Alcohol Addiction (10793 Views)

... / How To Escape Alcohol Addiction / How To Overcome Alcohol Addiction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alcohol Addiction by aigbeedo(m): 8:40am On May 15, 2011
i lost the girlfriend i love so much due to alcohol but thats not it, i still dont care cos one thing i know here is that alcohol does not make people do stupid things people do stupid tins because they are stupid.
Re: Alcohol Addiction by bidemi12(m): 10:06am On May 15, 2011
aigbe_edo:

i lost the girlfriend i love so much due to alcohol but thats not it, i still dont care cos one thing i know here is that alcohol does not make people do silly things people do silly tins because they are silly.

what the hell does that mean?
Re: Alcohol Addiction by enyojo(f): 11:43am On May 15, 2011
Richvkunt:

@Enyojo,
The nation of Israel you keep talking about is a modern day creation of the British in 1948,although they share affinity with the Jewish nation described in the Bible.
I quoted Genesis chapter 9 and 19 for you to show you that alcohol has existed in the from time immemorial. Lot was made drunk by two of his daughters in order to extend his lineage.It is there in the Bible,but like all fanatics,you choose to ignore this and harp about Jesus changing water to Non alcoholic wine.

I don't think you have succeded in encouraging anyone to buy your husbands book,because if he is anything like you,i bet the book is poorly researched and written by a religious fanatic with threats of hell fire and eternal damnation.
Excessive in take of alcohol can damage ones health,but if taken in limitation to your capacity,it is actually enjoyable.
I drink for my satisfaction.
I buy the drinks with my own money.
I am not an area boy.
I pay my rent when due.
And I am certainly not going to chop off the heads of my wife and my two children and commit sucide, I love life too much to do that.

Please take your fairy tales elsewhere and do proper practical research before talking on a public forum.

At first, i didnt want to dignify your post by responding.
However at a rethink, I decided to respond just for the sake of many unsuspecting readers who you might lead astray.

THE KARNEL OF THE ISSUE IS NOT WHETHER THERE IS ALCOHOLIC AND NO-ALCOHOLIC WINES (AS SOME DECEIVED PERSONS ARE STRUGGLING TO DISPROVE)
THE REAL ISSUE IS WHAT IS THE POSITION OF YOUR CREATOR (GOD) ON ALCOHOLIC INTAKE!
CHRISTIAN BIBLE IS VEHEMENTLY OPPOSED TO IT
ISLAM'S POSITION AGAINST IT IS EVEN MORE OBVIOUS AS IT IS AN EVIL TO SHARIA LAW.

IT IS VERY TRUE THAT EVEN IF GOD COMES DOWN NOW AND STANDS FACE-TO-FACE WITH AN ALCOHOLIC ADDICT,
GOD WITH ALL HIS SUPREMACY AND AWESOMENESS WILL FIND IT HARD TO CONVINCE HIM/HER.

MANY PEOPLE HAVEN'T SEEN THE FOLLOWING VERSE IN THE BIBLE:

[size=18pt]For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe. 1ST COR 1V21.[/size]

IF GOD HIMSELF COULDN'T SAVE THE WORLD WITH ALL HIS ALMIGHTY WISDOM, HOW CAN I WITH MY NEGLIGIBLE, TINY, SHALLOW WISDOM CONVINCE HARDENED DRINKERS THAT THEY NEED SALVATION AND THAT THEY CAN BE FREED FROM ALCOHOL?
AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED, FOR THOSE WHO ARE READY TO BREAK OFF THIS BOTTLE DRAGON, LET'S TALK,
Re: Alcohol Addiction by enyojo(f): 11:52am On May 15, 2011
[size=25pt]'He that covers his sins shall not prosper: but whoever confesses and forsakes them shall have mercy'.  Proverbs 28 v 13[/size]

lipsrsealed
Re: Alcohol Addiction by strangest(m): 12:22pm On May 15, 2011
ALCOHOL OR NO ALCOHOL, ONE THING MUST KILL MAN, grin ;DBUT REMEMBER TOO MUCH OF EVERYTHING IS BAD lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Alcohol Addiction by omoeso(m): 12:48pm On May 15, 2011
@ Enyojo, Seriously i don't understand you at all!!! All this your Genesis - Revolution quotes. Are you saying intake of alcohol is a sin or what? You've not really said anything to convince me that taking alcohol is a sin.

Your hatred for something does not mean everyone should hate it, just like some posters has said earlier, too much of anything is not good for the body. cool
Re: Alcohol Addiction by enyojo(f): 12:58pm On May 15, 2011
omoeso:

@ Enyojo, Seriously i don't understand you at all!!! All this your Genesis - Revolution quotes. Are you saying intake of alcohol is a sin or what? You've not really said anything to convince me that taking alcohol is a sin.

Your hatred for something does not mean everyone should hate it, just like some posters has said earlier, too much of anything is not good for the body. cool
It is 'Revelation' not Revolution. Thank you.

The Holy Spirit convinces and convicts people of thier wrong-doings, not me.
'And when he is come, he will convince the world of sin, and of justice, and of judgment' John 16 v 8
Re: Alcohol Addiction by sley4life(m): 1:32pm On May 15, 2011
its not a prob in 9ja. In SS its used in cleaning their teeth.I dont think 9ja consumption can b compared to Russia&the Scandinavian
Re: Alcohol Addiction by knotty(m): 5:12pm On May 15, 2011
This Enjoyo is spewing gibberish. Let her send down fire and brimstone on all drinkers, Nigerian Bottling Company will not close down.
PAstor Adeyemi is one preacher that i like.
He will take on this topic of alcohol without quoting a single verse from the Bible.
Does it means he does not know the Bible? Nay.
He will address the issue from empirical modern research angle. he will make you see the harm you stand to incur with substance abuse and cite relevant authorites.
You will not need the gospel of damnation to stop.
Re: Alcohol Addiction by enyojo(f): 5:46pm On May 15, 2011
knotty:

[s]This Enjoyo is spewing gibberish. Let her send down fire and brimstone on all drinkers, Nigerian Bottling Company will not close down.[/s]
PAstor Adeyemi is one preacher that i like.
He will take on this topic of alcohol without quoting a single verse from the Bible.
Does it means he does not know the Bible? Nay.
He will address the issue from empirical modern research angle. he will make you see the harm you stand to incur with substance abuse and cite relevant authorites.
You will not need the gospel of damnation to stop.

Since he has been using those emperical research to preach it to you, why hasn't he been able to change your psychi till now?
For your infomation Adeyemi is one of my mentors. But the truth is that Science Research will alway evolve to meet the truths in the Scriptures.
Re: Alcohol Addiction by birdman(m): 5:54pm On May 15, 2011
enyojo:

Since he has been using those emperical research to preach it to you, why hasn't he been able to change your psychi till now?
For your infomation Adeyemi is one of my mentors. But the truth is that Science Research will alway evolve to meet the truths in the Scriptures.

And your understanding of the scriptures will (should) evolve if your are honest, no? If anyone can convince you that ingesting alcohol can land you in eternal damnation, you have a long way to go.
Re: Alcohol Addiction by strangest(m): 6:23pm On May 15, 2011
Alcohol intake is no sin, sin is taking alcohol too much, to the extent that you an addict, and it affects your life negatively,

Enjoyo, Stop drinking only water, and use a little wine because of your stomach and your frequent illnesses (1 Timothy 5:23) grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Alcohol Addiction by publisher(m): 6:28pm On May 15, 2011
I think alot of Nigerians have very high alcohol tolerance levels,i have tasted beers brewed in other countries and they seem ridiculously 'sofer' than Nigerian brewed beer. Yet,those citizens get drunk like mad, i'm refering to southern africans here. I remember during one of my trips to Accra,i was at a nite club (Jokers) and i consumed like 9 bottles of small stout(there was no big stout),was mixing it with red bull,people around were like hailing 'charleeeey',some waited patiently for me to pass out,especially the ashanti ladies that kept me company. Back then Guiness stout consumed in GH was brewed by Guinness Nigeria. I dont remember getting high or anything, i made my way back to new coco beach resort at teshie lungwa,dealt with my ashanti queens,used condoms and went on with my 'very' busy life.
Re: Alcohol Addiction by Nobody: 6:53pm On May 15, 2011
@Enyojo,
How is 1st corinthians chapt 1 verse 21,related to alcohol please?
I just read the whole chapter and I can not comprehend the relationship.
The bible does not condemn alcohol intake,but excessive intake.
As far as I am concerned excess is a relative term,because what may be excessive to you,might not be excessive to me.
This is my last post to you on this topic,however in my mind I would'nt be wishing you and your husband any luck in the re-printing of your poorly researched book/pamphlet.
Re: Alcohol Addiction by tlops(m): 7:44pm On May 15, 2011
Enoyojo,

"why" is smoking sinful?
Re: Alcohol Addiction by ezme(m): 9:46pm On May 15, 2011
i dislike religious fanatics especially when they are Christians , they argue blindly.

PS; I am a Christian
Re: Alcohol Addiction by hlexzy: 1:07am On May 16, 2011
Richvkunt:

@Enyojo,
Hi,My name is Richvkunt ,I drink a minimum of three bottles of the ultimate beer every day.
At times on saturdays after a football match especially if my team wins,I go out and systematically get rip roaring drunk.(6-7 bottles)
I live in a well furnished flat,and I pay my rent in advance.
I drive a nice car.I dress well.
Ladies find me attractive,and I do my duty towards them.
On sundays I go to church and do my christian duty.(The only day I don't drink.)

Am I an alcoholic?
Do I need help?

Lol, chelsea fan,

Re: Alcohol Addiction by ow11(m): 9:35am On May 16, 2011
Alcohol Addiction is responsible for a lot of road accidents in Nigeria. The sick idea that one can consume more than 4 units of alcohol ( 2 bottles of beer and approx an amazing 2000 calories) and drive home is very upsetting! angry

This attitude is prevalent amongst Nigerian males and this behaviour is even seen amongst law enforcement officers in uniform as well as BUS DRIVERS shocked The booze is sometimes bought by the passengers shocked

We should frown upon excessive alcohol consumption but steerclear of claptrap like that childish 'Three stage levels of alcoholism' which was obviously written by a small minded fellow (no offence). Bringing the Bible into the should I or shouldn't I is also moot because a lot of people fail to apply cultural influences to bible writers as well as in present day Nigeria. For the record, Non-alcoholic wine is a paradox just like today we have non-alcoholic beer, non-fat milk, sugar-free honey etc shocked. These were invented as our culture evolved. Would @enyojo drink non-alcoholic beer if presented with one?

Alcohol can be consumed in small quantities for leisure purposes however apart from the attendant taste of an alcoholic drink, the real effects of alcohol is experienced when consumed in large quantities which sort of makes the consumption pointless (Guiness anyone). This last paragraph is a personal opinion. wink
Re: Alcohol Addiction by 702: 10:41am On May 16, 2011
for me, alchohol isnt bad jus that one needs 2 consider sum few things. they r
1. drinking everyday and nt able to stay one day wivout drinkin: alchoholism/addictn
2. drinkin 2 a point of puking and losin your senses: drunkenness
3. usin all your pay for booze and not abl 2 cater 4 urself n  family: bad
4. excessive drinkin even though d quantity of bottle intake doesnt make u tipsy :unreasonable &
5. drinkin wiv pple that dont drink and puttin pressure on 'em jus 2 take one small bottle or half glass: bad

1759 anyday!!! cool
Re: Alcohol Addiction by Tasma: 12:46pm On May 16, 2011
@enyojo

It will help your argument if you make a distinction between what is bad for you and what is sinful. Alcohol intake is potentially bad because for certain people its impossible for them to control their intake. But like I said before there are many others that can drink moderately for years. Religion probably frowns on alcohol intake primarily because it realizes that some people will inevitably end up abusing it.

Now back to the point on what is bad for you and what is sinful. I wonder if you exercise regularly. If you don't you are probably like a large percentage of Nigerian women. Not exercising regularly is very bad for your health. Question I would like to ask you is that "is it also sinful not to exercise regularly?". I'm hope you get my point? Give it some thought.
Re: Alcohol Addiction by N101: 7:26pm On May 16, 2011
segunx5:

A alcoholic can not go through a day without getting drunk.You are an alcoholic when it affects your job,seperates you from your family,eats you up financially,loss of memory,affects your physical apperance,and you take anything alcohol

Not quite true - have you never heard of a "functional alcoholic"? There are people who drink more than is good for them and I'm sure they go home blind drunk, but somehow they manage to work for a living and have some kind of family life. It is simply they have a weakness/dependency on alcohol.  During their "spare" time they spend it in a beer parlour.

sley4life:

its not a prob in 9ja. In SS its used in cleaning their teeth.I dont think 9ja consumption can b compared to Russia&the Scandinavian

It doesn't have to happen on the scale it does in Russia or wherever in Scandinavia for it to be a problem in Nigeria.  I'm sure most of the local gin sold is not for cleaning teeth.
Re: Alcohol Addiction by kaethy: 8:39am On May 28, 2011
Alcohol addiction may lead to serious problems, It causes danger both physically and mentally, over drinking may also lead to brain damage and even may lead to death,

Drug Rehab

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ebola And Fraud: The Nanosilver LIES By Dr. Rima E. Laibow / Beware Of Fake "Dentistry Course Or Dentists". / Natural Cure For Baby Rash...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.