Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,664 members, 7,844,171 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

My C300 2010 Won’t Start - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My C300 2010 Won’t Start (2160 Views)

Between 2008 C300, 2010 VW Cc And 2010 Is250 / Car Won’t Start? Here Are 4 Signs The Ignition System Has Gone Bad / My Corolla Sport ‘04 Won’t Start Until I Press The Accelerator To Pump Fuel Into (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My C300 2010 Won’t Start by okoroemeka(m): 8:07pm On Jul 27, 2021
abouzaid:
these companies don't really care about the second hand car market where these problems are common place.
cars are now built to survive the warranty period after that you are on your own,take for instance the case of the Mitsubishi buses and cars,it is an example of classic planned obsolescence,they use metal that is designed to fail after some years in their piston and rings and don't tell me Mitsubishi don't know anything about metallurgy,they build aircrafts,space crafts,ships,trains,etc.they know what they are doing,why build a car that will last for 50 yrs when you can tweak it to fall apart in 5 years and increase sales.
Re: My C300 2010 Won’t Start by abouzaid: 9:03pm On Jul 27, 2021
okoroemeka:
cars are now built to survive the warranty period after that you are on your own,take for instance the case of the Mitsubishi buses and cars,it is an example of classic planned obsolescence,they use metal that is designed to fail after some years in their piston and rings and don't tell me Mitsubishi don't know anything about metallurgy,they build aircrafts,space crafts,ships,trains,etc.they know what they are doing,why build a car that will last for 50 yrs when you can tweak it to fall apart in 5 years and increase sales.
i read somewhere where Volvo explained that the reason for their low sales then was because those who bought their 240GL were still making use of it even after decades later. Car companies seems to be avoiding that scenario buy building disposal cars.
Re: My C300 2010 Won’t Start by okoroemeka(m): 6:26am On Jul 28, 2021
abouzaid:
i read somewhere where Volvo explained that the reason for their low sales then was because those who bought their 240GL were still making use of it even after decades later. Car companies seems to be avoiding that scenario buy building disposal cars.
that 240gl after being used for decades as a sedan has now found a new life converted to pickup trucks,what an incredible car!!

1 Like

Re: My C300 2010 Won’t Start by RZArecta(m): 10:58am On Jul 28, 2021
okoroemeka:
that 240gl after being used for decades as a sedan has now found a new life converted to pickup trucks,what an incredible car!!
I have an elderly cab driver friend who says it's the only vehicle he'll ever buy for his job. Reliable, rugged and cheap to maintain

(1) (2) (Reply)

Honda Civic 2004 Sedan Timing Belt Cutting Problem / Have You Noticed People Are No More Buying Cars / old post

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.