Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,540 members, 7,827,014 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

My C300 2010 Won’t Start - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My C300 2010 Won’t Start (2116 Views)

Between 2008 C300, 2010 VW Cc And 2010 Is250 / Car Won’t Start? Here Are 4 Signs The Ignition System Has Gone Bad / My Corolla Sport ‘04 Won’t Start Until I Press The Accelerator To Pump Fuel Into (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My C300 2010 Won’t Start by Jamal64: 4:57pm On Jul 21, 2021
The steering is locked to one position, and the car won’t start.

Please how can I fix this?
Re: My C300 2010 Won’t Start by ignis: 5:08pm On Jul 21, 2021
Call a mechanic.

1 Like

Re: My C300 2010 Won’t Start by Jamal64: 5:51pm On Jul 21, 2021
It’s a steering lock issue.
ignis:
Call a mechanic.
Re: My C300 2010 Won’t Start by autologic: 5:58pm On Jul 21, 2021
Jamal64:

Is the engine cranking ie rolling or not .
Re: My C300 2010 Won’t Start by Jamal64: 6:19pm On Jul 21, 2021
Glass wouldn’t even wine up.
Nope it’s not.
autologic:

Is the engine cranking ie rolling or not .
Re: My C300 2010 Won’t Start by ignis: 7:09pm On Jul 21, 2021
Jamal64:

The unlock the steering by turning it.

1 Like

Re: My C300 2010 Won’t Start by Jamal64: 7:10pm On Jul 21, 2021
for c300 2010?
ignis:

The unlock the steering by turning it.
Re: My C300 2010 Won’t Start by OgaKazeem(m): 9:54pm On Jul 21, 2021
Jamal64:

did you travel in water? or can you check to see if water got into it?

CAN network/ communication problems can cause this issue.
your best bet of accurate fix is starting with a full system scan. anyother thing na just guess work and waste of money.

find a tech with a capable scanner. scan the car. post codes here.

1 Like

Re: My C300 2010 Won’t Start by OgaKazeem(m): 9:56pm On Jul 21, 2021
Jamal64:
does the key suck?
can you turn on ignition?
what have tou noticed that doesn't work compared to when everything worked perfect?
pks provide more information...
Re: My C300 2010 Won’t Start by Daniboygeorge22: 10:38pm On Jul 21, 2021
Check the electronic steering lock. It is under the steering tho.
Once it doesnt sense that key has been inserted and unlocks steering then it wont send signal to starter and vehicle wont starts
Re: My C300 2010 Won’t Start by baconline(m): 11:07am On Jul 25, 2021
The w204 is notorious for the steering lock failure , u can have replacement programmed or u use a emulator so u don't ever have that problem again, the second issue could be your key packed up so the car can not sense it. Its one of the two
Re: My C300 2010 Won’t Start by okoroemeka(m): 4:04pm On Jul 25, 2021
baconline:
The w204 is notorious for the steering lock failure , u can have replacement programmed or u use a emulator so u don't ever have that problem again, the second issue could be your key packed up so the car can not sense it. Its one of the two
most of these advanced modern cars are simply not meant for Nigeria,even in advanced countries repairing some problems and electrical issues can be irritating, experienced car mechanics like Scotty kilmer and the car wizard encounter difficulty repairing some of these German cars,they have complex electronics and different separate modules that control almost the whole car function,imagine having a brainbox for your wiper + the relays,fuses,etc, many things that can go wrong.

2 Likes

Re: My C300 2010 Won’t Start by OgaKazeem(m): 9:14pm On Jul 25, 2021
okoroemeka:
most of these advanced modern cars are simply not meant for Nigeria,even in advanced countries repairing some problems and electrical issues can be irritating, experienced car mechanics like Scotty kilmer and the car wizard encounter difficulty repairing some of these German cars,they have complex electronics and different separate modules that control almost the whole car function,imagine having a brainbox for your wiper + the relays,fuses,etc, many things that can go wrong.

several modules controlling several systems actually makes diagnosis easy.
what is lacking in this side of the world is easy access to manufacturer information.
even those who have access have to pay alot. these things cost alot. but when you charge a customer for these they tell you "it's too expensive" and then go back to a "road side tech" who will keep doing trial and error. eventually the car owner will start to swear that onw brand is good one is not good.

anyways my point is, it is wrong to say certain cars are not meant for us. if we had access to information it would be a whole different ball game.

#MYOPINION

4 Likes

Re: My C300 2010 Won’t Start by okoroemeka(m): 9:57pm On Jul 25, 2021
OgaKazeem:

what is lacking in this side of the world is easy access to manufacturer information.
even those who have access have to pay alot. these things cost alot. but when you charge a customer for these they tell you "it's too expensive" and then go back to a "road side tech" who will keep doing trial and error. eventually the car owner will start to swear that onw brand is good one is not good.

anyways my point is, it is wrong to say certain cars are not meant for us. if we had access to information it would be a whole different ball game.

#MYOPINION
I just watched a repair video on YouTube of Scotty kilmer on a 2012 Volkswagen Passat,it has 45,000km and the wiper is not functioning,to even diagonise the problem you want need a German made Bosch obd scanner,not any Chinese scanner and the problem is a bad wiper module,now if I drive such a car in enugu or owerri do you seriously think I can get a car repair shop with the Bosch scanner,I don't think so

1 Like

Re: My C300 2010 Won’t Start by autologic: 6:19am On Jul 26, 2021
OgaKazeem:

#MYOPINION
Nice one

Re: My C300 2010 Won’t Start by autologic: 6:58am On Jul 26, 2021
okoroemeka:
I just watched a repair video on YouTube of Scotty kilmer on a 2012 Volkswagen Passat,it has 45,000km and the wiper is not functioning,to even diagonise the problem you want need a German made Bosch obd scanner,not any Chinese scanner and the problem is a bad wiper module,now if I drive such a car in enugu or owerri do you seriously think I can get a car repair shop with the Bosch scanner,I don't think so
I have handled alot of German vehicle and my experience is that you don't even need any Bosch scanner to have access to all the modules on the vehicle network ,most professional scanner eg autel , launch etc can handle them well with ease, personally i own an oem benz star scanner i rarely use it unless i want to do complex function , my autel maxisys will suffice for basic stuff. .And i need to further emphasis that "scanner" are mere data retrieval tools and useless if u don't have the core foundational skill and the core skill is knowledge of principle of operation of how stuff works and basic troubleshooting skill and u will need to have the some foundation knowledge of sciences especially electrical,mechanics ,thermodynamics etc to understand all these jargon u will read about in all the workshop manual cos modern vehicle technology has upgraded over the years .
For instance now , there is a thread (https://www.nairaland.com/6661079/speedometer-not-reading-honda-pilot) and the vehicle in question is still a Japanese brand that average nigeria feel that it not complicated and for us grin ,inspite of the fact that i describe to the op of this thread vividly the logic route of the signal flow to the speedometer that is not working so that his technician can know have idea of where and what to troubleshoot, he still didn't get it except revert to their crude way of "part throwing to solve problem " Why ? he lack the foundation core skill .And for the reason our local technician are still able to get more success with the Japanese brand than the european is cos of less signal paths routes and less modules and by the time u throw some few parts to the problem one of them will purportedly fix the issue grin unlike the European that that has more modules and more signal path routes ," how many parts u want to throw that will fix the problem unless u want add more problem to the original problem grin
So wether European,American,jap or even chinko troubleshooting basics still remain the same ,nothing as change .My saying still remains : You can't troubleshoot what you don't understand

Also the auto repair industry is not attractive and rewarding enough to keep the smarts and bright one to stay , the smarts one will prefer to go for for attractive sector eg medicine or IT where their input and value will be rewarded correspondingly unlike auto where customer pay peanuts for highly skill troubleshooting and repair job , so the category of skilled labour left in the industries are "kazeems" grin so how do u expect a semi illiterate artisan to understand basic signal flow fundamental talkless of troubleshooting CAN network system that modern vehicle architect are made of .Average vehicle owners know the recommended place that their vehicle issue will get fixed permanently but they will prefer to tow the line of the kazeems so it wen things get out of hands they will now start seeking helps from forums grin
So the problem we have is problem of knowledge gap and the poor rewarding system of auto industry .maybe wen the industry start get rewarding enough , maybe the bright ones will stay . cool

3 Likes

Re: My C300 2010 Won’t Start by OgaKazeem(m): 8:04am On Jul 26, 2021
okoroemeka:
lol do you know Scotty Kilmer is biased against american and german cars?
have you noticed he is always praising the Japs particularly Toyota & Lexus?
See we fix VWs, Audis, Mercedes and BMW with Autel, Launch etc.
it is not rocket science baba. it is knowing what you're looking for. and how to find it.

without scanner how will I diagnose & fix this problem you mentioned?
1.With a wiring diagram. check your powers and grounds to the module. Ensure you have a good wiring integrity and all signals required are received.
2. do a full system scan. can you access the module. the answer to this will tell you your next step.
3. lets assume you can access it, can you command it to turn on the wiper? if you do so, does it carry out the command?
4. now let's get the wiring for the wiper it only needs power and ground as it is an electric motor. find the socket. apply power and ground. does it work?
yes it does. now you have narrowed down your problem. you have a faulty module.

i didn't need a Bosch scanner to fix this problem. with a test light sef I can gather data I need tho it will be more stressful. why not check another video of another person fixing similar issue. are they all using Bosch scanner?
Re: My C300 2010 Won’t Start by OgaKazeem(m): 8:07am On Jul 26, 2021
autologic:

I have handled alot of German vehicle and my experience is that you don't even need any Bosch scanner to have access to all the modules on the vehicle network ,most professional scanner eg autel , launch etc can handle them well with ease .And i need to further emphasis that scanner are mere data retrieval tools and useless if u don't have the core foundational skill and the core skill is knowledge of principle of operation and u will need to have the some foundation knowledge of sciences especially electrical,mechanics ,thermodynamics etc to understand all these jargon u will read about in all the workshop manual cos modern vehicle technology has upgraded over the years .
For instance now , there is a thread (https://www.nairaland.com/6661079/speedometer-not-reading-honda-pilot) and the vehicle in question is still a Japanese brand that average nigeria feel that it not complicated ,inspite of the fact that i describe to the op of this thread vividly the logic route of the signal flow to the speedometer that is not working so that his technician can know have idea of where and what to troubleshoot, he still didn't get it except revert to their crude way of "part throwing to solve problem " Why ? he lack the foundation core skill and for that case i will conclude that It no use beating a dead horse .
The basic difference between the Japanese and the Europe brand is that u have more signal flows paths cos of more modules ,the foundation architecture still remains the same nothing really have changed much if u know your basics .
Also the auto repair industry is not attractive and rewarding enough to keep the smarts and bright one to stay , the smarts one will prefer to go for for attractive sector eg medicine or IT where their input and value will be rewarded correspondingly unlike auto where customer pay peanuts for highly skill troubleshooting and repair job , so how do expect semi illiterate artisan to understand basic signal flow fundamental talkless of troubleshooting Can network system
So when the industry start get rewarding enough , maybe it will start attracting the bright ones .

well said chief
Re: My C300 2010 Won’t Start by autologic: 8:33am On Jul 26, 2021
OgaKazeem:

lol do you know Scotty Kilmer is biased against american and german cars?
have you noticed he is always praising the Japs particularly Toyota & Lexus?
See we fix VWs, Audis, Mercedes and BMW with Autel, Launch etc.
it is not rocket science baba. it is knowing what you're looking for. and how to find it.

without scanner how will I diagnose & fix this problem you mentioned?
1.With a wiring diagram. check your powers and grounds to the module. Ensure you have a good wiring integrity and all signals required are received.
2. do a full system scan. can you access the module. the answer to this will tell you your next step.
3. lets assume you can access it, can you command it to turn on the wiper? if you do so, does it carry out the command?
4. now let's get the wiring for the wiper it only needs power and ground as it is an electric motor. find the socket. apply power and ground. does it work?
yes it does. now you have narrowed down your problem. you have a faulty module.

i didn't need a Bosch scanner to fix this problem. with a test light sef I can gather data I need tho it will be more stressful. why not check another video of another person fixing similar issue. are they all using Bosch scanner?
Scot Kilmer fixing German car indeed cheesy i can't even recommend him to fix my baby European car toy cheesy

1 Like

Re: My C300 2010 Won’t Start by femionasan(m): 4:34pm On Jul 26, 2021
Jamal64:

Had the same issue recently, it could be the EIS or ESL and it can be both at the same time. You will need to get a well-versed Mercedes Benz Electrical person to diagnose which is the issue. Got mine sorted within a few days.
Re: My C300 2010 Won’t Start by okoroemeka(m): 7:58pm On Jul 26, 2021
autologic:

Scot Kilmer fixing German car indeed cheesy i can't even recommend him to fix my baby European car toy cheesy
to tell the truth I can't even understand most of the technical terms ogakazeem is using,I am stumped but all I know is that auto manufacturers are making cars that are unnecessarily complicated,why remove transmission dip stick?why remove engine oil dip stick?why would a wiper need a computer chip to control it?why would a steering wheel be electric?that a single fuse /relay blowout can leave you stranded in no man's land,60-70% of car problems now is electrical.

4 Likes

Re: My C300 2010 Won’t Start by autologic: 9:08pm On Jul 26, 2021
okoroemeka:
to tell the truth I can't even understand most of the technical terms ogakazeem is using,I am stumped but all I know is that auto manufacturers are making cars that are unnecessarily complicated,why remove transmission dip stick?why remove engine oil dip stick?why would a wiper need a computer chip to control it?why would a steering wheel be electric?that a single fuse /relay blowout can leave you stranded in no man's land,60-70% of car problems now is electrical.
It not european alone but all manufacturer are going towards hi-tech and more sophistication and there nothing anybody can do to stop this . .What is actually driving the vehicle manufacturer towards groundbreaking innovation towards electrical and computers are largely due to ; strict and safety emissions demand from government agency (EPA) .
The mechanical spare parts are largely replaced with electrical and computer to meet with the ever changing emissions standard.Even the so- called non- complicated Toyota after crossing to the model year 2012 and above are almost at par with the European technologywise ,complex CAN network , more computer modules added and even much more electrical stuff .Do you know that the out of the Japanese brand the so -called simple Toyota is one of early adopters of the groundbreaking technology innovation in world of AC ;the variable displacement compressor ( VDC ) cool .So for how long will our beloved technician keep runing away from electrical and even discouraging their customer away from using the sophisticated cars but to forever stick to uber corolla ?? grin
So it now the duty of technician to keep learning to meet up with the evolving technologies or fizzle out .

3 Likes

Re: My C300 2010 Won’t Start by Springboot: 9:52pm On Jul 26, 2021
OP, have you fixed the issue? Your ESL is the problem, same happened to mine and I learnt alot from it, let me know, I can direct you to someone, with your vin, he can send you a programmed ESL and your vehicle will be back to normal.
Re: My C300 2010 Won’t Start by OgaKazeem(m): 10:12pm On Jul 26, 2021
autologic:

hahahaha this one harsh ooo
Re: My C300 2010 Won’t Start by Jamal64: 10:33pm On Jul 26, 2021
How much did it cost you?
femionasan:

Had the same issue recently, it could be the EIS or ESL and it can be both at the same time. You will need to get a well-versed Mercedes Benz Electrical person to diagnose which is the issue. Got mine sorted within a few days.
Re: My C300 2010 Won’t Start by greatbrian(m): 12:22am On Jul 27, 2021
autologic:

I have handled alot of German vehicle and my experience is that you don't even need any Bosch scanner to have access to all the modules on the vehicle network ,most professional scanner eg autel , launch etc can handle them well with ease, personally i own an oem benz star scanner i rarely use it unless i want to do complex function , my autel maxisys will suffice for basic stuff. .And i need to further emphasis that "scanner" are mere data retrieval tools and useless if u don't have the core foundational skill and the core skill is knowledge of principle of operation of how stuff works and basic troubleshooting skill and u will need to have the some foundation knowledge of sciences especially electrical,mechanics ,thermodynamics etc to understand all these jargon u will read about in all the workshop manual cos modern vehicle technology has upgraded over the years .
For instance now , there is a thread (https://www.nairaland.com/6661079/speedometer-not-reading-honda-pilot) and the vehicle in question is still a Japanese brand that average nigeria feel that it not complicated and for us grin ,inspite of the fact that i describe to the op of this thread vividly the logic route of the signal flow to the speedometer that is not working so that his technician can know have idea of where and what to troubleshoot, he still didn't get it except revert to their crude way of "part throwing to solve problem " Why ? he lack the foundation core skill .And for the reason our local technician are still able to get more success with the Japanese brand than the european is cos of less signal paths routes and less modules and by the time u throw some few parts to the problem one of them will purportedly fix the issue grin unlike the European that that has more modules and more signal path routes ," how many parts u want to throw that will fix the problem unless u want add more problem to the original problem grin
So wether European,American,jap or even chinko troubleshooting basics still remain the same ,nothing as change .My saying still remains : You can't troubleshoot what you don't understand

Also the auto repair industry is not attractive and rewarding enough to keep the smarts and bright one to stay , the smarts one will prefer to go for for attractive sector eg medicine or IT where their input and value will be rewarded correspondingly unlike auto where customer pay peanuts for highly skill troubleshooting and repair job , so the category of skilled labour left in the industries are "kazeems" grin so how do u expect a semi illiterate artisan to understand basic signal flow fundamental talkless of troubleshooting CAN network system that modern vehicle architect are made of .Average vehicle owners know the recommended place that their vehicle issue will get fixed permanently but they will prefer to tow the line of the kazeems so it wen things get out of hands they will now start seeking helps from forums grin
So the problem we have is problem of knowledge gap and the poor rewarding system of auto industry .maybe wen the industry start get rewarding enough , maybe the bright ones will stay . cool

Op follow this man if you can get to him. Mr Yemi is tested and trusted by me.
Re: My C300 2010 Won’t Start by okoroemeka(m): 4:51am On Jul 27, 2021
Springboot:
OP, have you fixed the issue? Your ESL is the problem, same happened to mine and I learnt alot from it, let me know, I can direct you to someone, with your vin, he can send you a programmed ESL and your vehicle will be back to normal.
which one be ESL,is it connected with the steering wheel?if it is programmed that means it is a module for the steering wheel!!what the hell, how does steering effect emissions,this is pure planned obsolescence,to make cars that last the warranty period and it will start to fall apart.
Re: My C300 2010 Won’t Start by autologic: 6:42am On Jul 27, 2021
greatbrian:

Op follow this man if you can get to him. Mr Yemi is tested and trusted by me.
Thanks for the recommendation sir
Re: My C300 2010 Won’t Start by OgaKazeem(m): 12:07pm On Jul 27, 2021
okoroemeka:
which one be ESL,is it connected with the steering wheel?if it is programmed that means it is a module for the steering wheel!!what the hell, how does steering effect emissions,this is pure planned obsolescence,to make cars that last the warranty period and it will start to fall apart.

bros you just dey vex anyhow... hehehe. no worry God go bless you wella na only latest motor you go dey buy
Re: My C300 2010 Won’t Start by Elsueno: 1:39pm On Jul 27, 2021
okoroemeka:

Peugeot says hi grin

It's also the only car I know that fuel consumption increases by over 20% if u do direct fan connection. which by the way kazeem always do immediately u leave ur ride with them

Re: My C300 2010 Won’t Start by okoroemeka(m): 5:03pm On Jul 27, 2021
OgaKazeem:

bros you just dey vex anyhow... hehehe. no worry God go bless you wella na only latest motor you go dey buy
my brother I will not lie,I will drive the latest ride if given the opportunity,but what I am saying is not that I hate modern cars but the fact that the accountant has replaced engineers and designers in many car companies is evident in the type of aggressive cost cutting they now use in manufacturing cars, plastics are used every were even in components that are exposed to high stress and heat,cars are now loaded with tons of electrical gizmos that most the driver will not need,I predict that when this current cars start breaking down,it will be the peak and car companies will backtrack to common sense technology,take for example the rain sensitive wiper,if rain drops on the windscreen the wiper will activate,why?is the driver blind he can't see the rain or armless he can't switch it on,such technology will be loaded with computer modules and micro devices,relays,fuses,all of these are problems waiting to develop

4 Likes

Re: My C300 2010 Won’t Start by abouzaid: 6:22pm On Jul 27, 2021
okoroemeka:
my brother I will not lie,I will drive the latest ride if given the opportunity,but what I am saying is not that I hate modern cars but the fact that the accountant has replaced engineers and designers in many car companies is evident in the type of aggressive cost cutting they now use in manufacturing cars, plastics are used every were even in components that are exposed to high stress and heat,cars are now loaded with tons of electrical gizmos that most the driver will not need,I predict that when this current cars start breaking down,it will be the peak and car companies will backtrack to common sense technology,take for example the rain sensitive wiper,if rain drops on the windscreen the wiper will activate,why?is the driver blind he can't see the rain or armless he can't switch it on,such technology will be loaded with computer modules and micro devices,relays,fuses,all of these are problems waiting to develop
these companies don't really care about the second hand car market where these problems are common place.

(1) (2) (Reply)

2008 Honda Accord For Sale Registered / Please Where Or Who Can Fix My Bmw 325ix 1990's Overheating Problem / Toyota Camry Hybrid Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.