Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,539 members, 7,847,234 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 01:30 PM

How I Made My First Million - Obi Cubana - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How I Made My First Million - Obi Cubana (1193 Views)

Don't Envy Obi Cubana, Take A Look At Eze Ego (photo) / Obi Cubana Sprays Money On Naked Girls In Pool. They Were Also Sweeping Cash / How I Made My First Million Naira At 26. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Made My First Million - Obi Cubana by SultanOfPuna: 2:03am On Jul 22, 2021
How I made my first N1 million

On how he made his first one million naira, Obi Cubana said: “After undergoing my compulsory National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) programme in Abuja, I started searching for a job all to no avail.

“That made me start some small jobs and from there I became a real estate agent. I usually get five percent of every task that is successfully executed. It was along the line that I and my colleagues met a man who asked us to help him furnish his house.

“We did it very well that he gave me N500,000 separately from the profit of N600,000 which I also made from the deal. That made it N1.1 million in total. It was after my NYSC that I made my first one million naira.”

The Political Science degree holder also recounted how life was hard for him when he was a child as his parents were not rich and he had done several jobs after doing his national service.

He added that the lavish spraying of money by his friends at the burial was just a sign of goodwill and an expression of love from them and he is happy his friends honored him in that manner to make his late mom’s burial a memorable one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Made My First Million - Obi Cubana by SultanOfPuna: 2:04am On Jul 22, 2021
Obi Cubana revealed that before his mother died, he and his siblings promised to make her 80th birthday celebration a grand one and give it a carnival-like party but their expectation did not materialize as their mother could not live long to meet her 80th birthday so when she died they decided to invest their resources into making his mother’s burial become a carnival.

“My mother’s burial was like that because we had already promised her that whenever she clocks 80, we’ll organise a unique carnival, which is the first of its kind in the world, to celebrate her,” he said.

“We joked about it and agreed. But thereafter, she died before she clocked 80. Due to that, we dissipated all our energy and initial plans to celebrate her 80th birthday into organising a befitting burial for her. That’s why it is the talk of the town.

“This year (2021) makes it 15 years that our father passed away. After my father’s death, we gave our mother all the love because she was always there for us. She was the one playing the role of a father and mother for us before her death.

“Whenever you visit her, she must pray for you before leaving. Even in your absence, she still prays for you, so when she died, it was as if they collected part of my energy.”

‘It’s a show of love’ — Obi Cubana defends ‘naira rain’ at the funeral

In the interview, Obi Cubana also dismissed criticisms trailing the spraying of naira notes at his mother’s burial.

The entrepreneur, whose real name is Obinna Iyiegbu, argued that no one should decide for his guests how to spend the money they worked for.

“How would I have arranged for people to come to the event and spray money. Is it to bathe with it? The money belongs to them, so it is their choice to spend it anyhow they like,” he said.

“All those that came for the burial are bigwigs across various industries, so they’re basically there to show love for my family. Some of them were my friends and colleagues from school several years back.

Re: How I Made My First Million - Obi Cubana by SultanOfPuna: 2:27am On Jul 22, 2021
For the poor minded people worried about the source of wealth of Obi Cubana.
He owns and manages a number of night clubs and lavish hotels all in different states in the country.

2 Likes

Re: How I Made My First Million - Obi Cubana by SultanOfPuna: 2:30am On Jul 22, 2021
More

Re: How I Made My First Million - Obi Cubana by Nobody: 7:10am On Jul 22, 2021
The guy is a real hustler and I admire him for that most people already tagged him a ritualist without actually knowing or hearing his story that's why it's not good to be judgemental. Most people will squander any money they have others will start buying unnecessary things to oppress their village people without thinking of investment untill village people tie them down and they start seeing any rich person as a ritualist.

By the way there's no such thing as village people

4 Likes

Re: How I Made My First Million - Obi Cubana by proff010: 7:47am On Jul 22, 2021
How did you make your second million?
Re: How I Made My First Million - Obi Cubana by SultanOfPuna: 10:18am On Jul 22, 2021
proff010:
How did you make your second million?
Go ask your papa
Re: How I Made My First Million - Obi Cubana by GeneralPula: 10:37am On Jul 22, 2021
Dude should have remain anonymous. Cubana is popular already, so I wonder why he decided to flash himself knowing well enough we live in the era where gossiping has been made easy, via the social media..

He didn’t need to flash himself at all. Now more people will have eyes on him. Some may even pay investigative journalist to start investigating him cuz surely humans are wicked..

And it doesn’t matter if he’s into illegal or legal. 99% of rich people around the world are into one or two dirty things. Life has always been like this for those who know. Nothing goes for free..

Nah thief wey dem no catch be honest man..

1 Like

Re: How I Made My First Million - Obi Cubana by Drsnives(m): 11:27am On Jul 22, 2021
SultanOfPuna:
More
Is yhis guy richer than emoney?
Na question i ask

(1) (Reply)

It About My Girl / How I Almost Destroyed A Nigerian Boy's Relationship / My Girlfriend Is Acting Up Because I Didn't Buy Her Cake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.