Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,644 members, 7,820,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

Was Jesus A Failure Because Many Of His Disciples Left Him And Few Stayed? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was Jesus A Failure Because Many Of His Disciples Left Him And Few Stayed? (2032 Views)

Why Did Jesus Call His Disciples Little Children? / Jesus Told His Disciples To Take A Donkey And Colt Without The Owner's Consent / Apostle Suleman: "Disciples Of Jesus Were Armed, Were His Bodyguards'' (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was Jesus A Failure Because Many Of His Disciples Left Him And Few Stayed? by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:00am On Jul 25, 2021
Was Jesus A failure Because Many Of His Disciples Left Him And Few Stayed?

Jesus was Someone who prioritized the preaching the Word of the Spirit which quickens and gives life, over the word of the flesh which profits nothing but death. John 6:63, 12:49-50.

This made Him lose many disciples at some point of His ministry, as they were said to have left Him and never walked with Him again because of the Word which He preached. John 6:60, 66.

Hence He was left with just a few disciples because of His determination to keep preaching Word of the Spirit despite that it made the many disciples go away, and not the word of the flesh which would have made them remain with Him.

So was Jesus a failure as a result?

Was He unfruitful?

That's what most church leaders of the present day would say, because they are quantity-oriented, not quality-oriented as Jesus was, hence they'd rather preach the words of the flesh which profits nothing to attract and keep the crowd with them, not the Words of the Spirit that gives eternal life, which may make many of them leave as those many disciples of Jesus did, but wisdom is justified of her children, even the few that remained with Him because of the Words which He spoke.

Hence the church Jesus built may have been lacking in quantity but it was full of spiritual quality, while today's church is full of quantity but lacking in spiritual quality.

That's the spiritual quality which the early church had that today's church leaders have traded for quantity.

The results speak for themselves.

God bless.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was Jesus A Failure Because Many Of His Disciples Left Him And Few Stayed? by Hezzyluv: 6:03am On Jul 25, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Was Jesus A failure Because Many Of His Disciples Left Him And Few Stayed?

Jesus was Someone who prioritized the preaching the Word of the Spirit which quickens and gives life, over the word of the flesh which profits nothing but death. John 6:63, 12:49-50.

This made Him lose many disciples at some point of His ministry, as they were said to have left Him and never walked with Him again because of the Word which He preached. John 6:60, 66.

Hence He was left with just a few disciples because of His determination to keep preaching Word of the Spirit despite that it made the many disciples go away, and not the word of the flesh which would have made them remain with Him.

So was Jesus a failure as a result?

Was He unfruitful?

That's what most church leaders of the present would say, because they are quantity-oriented, not quality-oriented as Jesus was, hence they'd rather preach the words of the flesh which profits nothing to attract and keep the crowd with them, not the Words of the Spirit that gives eternal life, which may make many of them leave as those many disciples of Jesus did, but wisdom is justified of her children, even the few that remained with Him because of the Words which He spoke.

Hence Jesus built may have been lacking in quantity but it was full of spiritual quality, while today's church is full of quantity but lacking in spiritual quality.

That's the spiritual quality which the early church had that today's church leaders have traded for quantity.

The results speak for themselves.

God bless.

God is not a failure, will not be a failure and can never be a failure

1 Like

Re: Was Jesus A Failure Because Many Of His Disciples Left Him And Few Stayed? by Nobody: 6:05am On Jul 25, 2021
You headline is disrespectful. Thunder suppose don fire you by now.
Re: Was Jesus A Failure Because Many Of His Disciples Left Him And Few Stayed? by Monogamy: 6:22am On Jul 25, 2021
Nobody is born perfect including Jesus...

The headline though

1 Like

Re: Was Jesus A Failure Because Many Of His Disciples Left Him And Few Stayed? by psucc(m): 6:44am On Jul 25, 2021
Why the fuss about Oyedepo's sacking of some Pastors over their "unfruitfulness"?

And why compare with Our Lord Jesus? Sometimes, if not for bloodshed, I don't blame Islam for stoning people over blasphemy.

Read ya Bible. Those were the "given" ones.
Re: Was Jesus A Failure Because Many Of His Disciples Left Him And Few Stayed? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:48am On Jul 25, 2021
MejiLoyon:
You headline is disrespectful. Thunder suppose don fire you by now.

You follow see the horrible heading?
Re: Was Jesus A Failure Because Many Of His Disciples Left Him And Few Stayed? by OkuFaba(m): 6:50am On Jul 25, 2021
Na your papa be failure.
Re: Was Jesus A Failure Because Many Of His Disciples Left Him And Few Stayed? by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:58am On Jul 25, 2021
psucc:
Why the fuss about Oyedepo's sacking of some Pastors over their "unfruitfulness"?

And why compare with Our Lord Jesus? Sometimes, if not for bloodshed, I don't blame Islam for stoning people over blasphemy.

Read ya Bible. Those were the "given" ones.
If Jesus was here the likes of you would have stoned Him because you're no different from the Pharisees of His day who tried to do same to Him.

As for those who have an issue with the headline, i deemed it necessary because of those who follow the example of Jesus but would be called failures by most today's church leaders who don't, because they suffer the same fate as Jesus with the many false disciples that left Him because of His Word. Jesus said whatever they did to Him, they would do to His true disciples. John 15:20

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was Jesus A Failure Because Many Of His Disciples Left Him And Few Stayed? by MightyHand(m): 7:05am On Jul 25, 2021
THE HEADING

Thank your creator you talked about Jesus Christ, if it was about the 12 virgin prophet, Only Allah know where Your HEAD would be by now...
Re: Was Jesus A Failure Because Many Of His Disciples Left Him And Few Stayed? by nams77: 7:05am On Jul 25, 2021
Monogamy:
Nobody is born perfect including Jesus...

The headline though
Jesus was perfect. EOD

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Was Jesus A Failure Because Many Of His Disciples Left Him And Few Stayed? by Monogamy: 7:08am On Jul 25, 2021
nams77:

Jesus was perfect. EOD

Hell No.. He had anger issue actually...

1 Like

Re: Was Jesus A Failure Because Many Of His Disciples Left Him And Few Stayed? by psucc(m): 7:08am On Jul 25, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
If Jesus was here the likes of you would have stoned Him because you're no different from the Pharisees of His day who tried to do same to Him.
Just like that! Imagine a supposed preacher!

Sir, preach the gospel and forget what Oyedepo and others are doing in the Congregations. They may be right in their actions, who knows the mind of God. Their sack may be a clarion call to sit up but ooops! with internet, some are making publicist of the matter.

Face front man. And haven't you read of persecution? Why won't they endure a simple test?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Was Jesus A Failure Because Many Of His Disciples Left Him And Few Stayed? by Ishilove: 7:39am On Jul 25, 2021
Mscheeeew. Idiotic headline, wrong priorities.
Re: Was Jesus A Failure Because Many Of His Disciples Left Him And Few Stayed? by truespeak: 7:53am On Jul 25, 2021
Monogamy:

Hell No.. He had anger issue actually...

No He did not.

He reacted as any right thinking person would, under the circumstances.

So that does not qualify as anger issues.

1 Like

Re: Was Jesus A Failure Because Many Of His Disciples Left Him And Few Stayed? by truespeak: 7:54am On Jul 25, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

You follow see the horrible heading?

Mtchewwww!
Re: Was Jesus A Failure Because Many Of His Disciples Left Him And Few Stayed? by Monogamy: 7:56am On Jul 25, 2021
truespeak:

No He did not.

He reacted as any right thinking person would, under the circumstances.

So that does not qualify as anger issues.

By destroying the table of those that were drinking and having fun just cos it was in contrary with his belief? Abi why was he arrested?
Re: Was Jesus A Failure Because Many Of His Disciples Left Him And Few Stayed? by Monogamy: 7:57am On Jul 25, 2021
Ishilove:
Mscheeeew. Idiotic headline, wrong priorities.

The op only made the headline to be sensational, the contents are different

1 Like

Re: Was Jesus A Failure Because Many Of His Disciples Left Him And Few Stayed? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:59am On Jul 25, 2021
truespeak:

Mtchewwww!

grin
Re: Was Jesus A Failure Because Many Of His Disciples Left Him And Few Stayed? by earthboy: 8:06am On Jul 25, 2021
Read the story of the young rich ruler you'll know why.
Re: Was Jesus A Failure Because Many Of His Disciples Left Him And Few Stayed? by truespeak: 8:08am On Jul 25, 2021
Monogamy:

By destroying the table of those that were drinking and having fun just cos it was in contrary with his belief? Abi why was he arrested?

If you were to come to your house, a house of Holiness, Peace and Rest, a Place Sanctified and Revered to find that it had been turned into a house of Drunkards, Prostituting, a Market, an Animal house, shall you not be vexed? and shall you not be Justified if you evict them therefrom?

You Surely Shall!

1 Like

Re: Was Jesus A Failure Because Many Of His Disciples Left Him And Few Stayed? by Monogamy: 8:14am On Jul 25, 2021
truespeak:

If you were to come to your house, a house of Holiness, Peace and Rest, a Place Sanctified and Revered to find that it had been turned into a house of Drunkards, Prostituting, a Market, an Animal house, shall you not be vexed? and shall you not be Justified if you evict them therefrom?

You Surely Shall!

But the person I am responding to said Jesus is perfect, can a perfect person vexed?
Re: Was Jesus A Failure Because Many Of His Disciples Left Him And Few Stayed? by AntiChristian: 8:26am On Jul 25, 2021
Jesus was said to choose 12.

One betrayed him.

Jesus had to appoint an emergency Paul to right his mistake.

Paul allegedly wrote 13 out of 27 books of the new testament even more than all the former appointed disciples together!
Re: Was Jesus A Failure Because Many Of His Disciples Left Him And Few Stayed? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:26am On Jul 25, 2021
Monogamy:

The op only made the headline to be sensational, the contents are different
Don't worry about her. She's only using the headline to disguise her main grouse.

By the way, your comments confuse me. You seem not to believe in Jesus or am I wrong?
Re: Was Jesus A Failure Because Many Of His Disciples Left Him And Few Stayed? by truespeak: 8:27am On Jul 25, 2021
Monogamy:

But the person I am responding to said Jesus is perfect, can a perfect person vexed?

But of course, it is Reasonable, Normal and Right to be vexed, when vexed.

Shall hot water be poured on you, and you shall not scream?

Not Possible.

Perfection is not the Absence of Right and Normal conduct.

It is rather the Presence of Right, Reasonable and Normal conduct, which is carried out and observed by the Perfect, At All Times.

Did Christ Conduct Himself Rightly, Reasonably and Beyond Reasonable Reproach At All Times?

Yes He did!

Therefore He is Perfect!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Was Jesus A Failure Because Many Of His Disciples Left Him And Few Stayed? by Monogamy: 8:30am On Jul 25, 2021
truespeak:

But of course, it is Reasonable, Normal and Right to be vexed, when vexed.

Perfection is not the Absence of Right and Normal conduct .

It is rather the Presence of Right, Reasonable and Normal conduct, which is carried out and observed by the Perfect, At All Times.

The Christ Conduct Himself Rightly, Reasonably and Beyond Reasonable Reproach At All Times?

Yes He did!

Therefore He is Perfect!

But of course, it is Reasonable, Normal and Right to be vexed, when vexed

Therefore He is Perfect!

My friend, you are contradicting yourself..

Abi the word perfect get another meaning for your dictionary?
Re: Was Jesus A Failure Because Many Of His Disciples Left Him And Few Stayed? by Monogamy: 8:32am On Jul 25, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Don't worry about her. She's only using the headline to disguise her main grouse.

By the way, your comments confuse me. You seem not to believe in Jesus or am I wrong?

I heard about Jesus story, read some of his stories..

He is popular. I don't understand what you mean by believe
Re: Was Jesus A Failure Because Many Of His Disciples Left Him And Few Stayed? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:33am On Jul 25, 2021
Monogamy:

I heard about Jesus story, read some of his stories..

He is popular. I don't understand what you mean by believe
Okay now I get. Thanks.
Re: Was Jesus A Failure Because Many Of His Disciples Left Him And Few Stayed? by truespeak: 8:34am On Jul 25, 2021
AntiChristian:
Jesus was said to choose 12.

One betrayed him.

Jesus had to appoint an emergency Paul to right his mistake.

Paul allegedly wrote 13 out of 27 books of the new testament even more than all the former appointed disciples together!

grin Not True for every Christ Follower knows, Judas was no mistake!

As to Paul, it is only natural that being a Law-er, he has the Law and can talk about the Law, All Day Long, thus no surprise there! grin
Re: Was Jesus A Failure Because Many Of His Disciples Left Him And Few Stayed? by truespeak: 8:42am On Jul 25, 2021
Monogamy:

My friend, you are contradicting yourself..

Abi the word perfect get another meaning for your dictionary?

grin grin Because you can not answer, you totally jump and pass grin my explanation and do a cut and join grin grin

For you thought it abnormal that a normal response like anger when a person is angered made a person not perfect but now you know the Truth!

My job is done! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Was Jesus A Failure Because Many Of His Disciples Left Him And Few Stayed? by Monogamy: 8:44am On Jul 25, 2021
truespeak:

grin grin Because you can not answer, you totally ignore my explanation and do a cut and join grin cheesy

For you thought it abnormal that a normal response like anger when a person is angered made a person not perfect but now you know the Truth!

My job is done! grin grin grin

What's the meaning of righteousness? What's the basic meaning of " Perfect "?

How can you be perfect and still have anger issue which you deliberately referred to as vexed
Re: Was Jesus A Failure Because Many Of His Disciples Left Him And Few Stayed? by AntiChristian: 8:45am On Jul 25, 2021
truespeak:

grin Not True for every Christ Follower knows, Judas was no mistake!

As to Paul, it is only natural that being a Law-er, he has the Law and can talk about the Law, All Day Long, thus no surprise there! grin

Yeah right! Jesus can never make mistake. But if na another person make that kind of appointment you for don crucify am!

Anyways! If Jesus was right the first time, there won't be any need for Paul.

He was wrong.
Re: Was Jesus A Failure Because Many Of His Disciples Left Him And Few Stayed? by truespeak: 8:51am On Jul 25, 2021
Monogamy:

What's the meaning of righteousness? What's the basic meaning of " Perfect "?

grin Change of Post for the issue was on Perfect not Righteousness!

And I have already answered you on Perfect!
Monogamy:

How can you be perfect and still have anger issue which you deliberately referred to as vexed

I have already answered you, so you are just repeating yourself! grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

4 Things To Do To Restore Any Lost Thing In Your Life - Apostle Joshua Selman / Thou Shall Not Question Thy God. But Why? / Differences Between Mohammed And Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.