Stats: 3,154,640 members, 7,823,817 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

IKONSO AND IGBOHO: Proving Juju Does Not Work Or Do They? Lets Take A Deep Look - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / IKONSO AND IGBOHO: Proving Juju Does Not Work Or Do They? Lets Take A Deep Look (2777 Views)

Pastor Adeboye's 'Deep Hole' Tweet That Got People Talking On Twitter / Ijebu Juju Landord Used To Tie Tenants' Destiny In Ikorodu (Photos) / Photo Of The Enugu Mourners Who Confessed Killing Man With Juju At His Burial (2) (3) (4)

Re: IKONSO AND IGBOHO: Proving Juju Does Not Work Or Do They? Lets Take A Deep Look by Nobody: 10:04pm On Sep 02, 2021
MrColdsweat:

I never made claims on the efficacy of juju. I claimed that it is irrational for a scientist or science enthusiast to make conclusions without experimenting.

Read properly next time.

What is the supernatural?
Re: IKONSO AND IGBOHO: Proving Juju Does Not Work Or Do They? Lets Take A Deep Look by kingxsamz(m): 10:11pm On Sep 02, 2021
MrColdsweat:

I never made claims on the efficacy of juju. I claimed that it is irrational for a scientist or science enthusiast to make conclusions without experimenting.

Read properly next time.

Experimenting what exactly?
That jazz could stop bullets? How about we put the charm on you and shoot several shots at you with an ak47?
You said he should walk into a shrine. Have you been to a shrine before? Do you know anyone who owns a shrine? Have you patronized someone who owns a shrine before? Can this person who owns a shrine be willing to test his charms in front of an audience on camera? Would this person be willing to show us how he can cover a distance of 2hours in just 20mintutes on foot?
Or are you just talking because you want to talk? undecided

Re: IKONSO AND IGBOHO: Proving Juju Does Not Work Or Do They? Lets Take A Deep Look by Nobody: 10:16pm On Sep 02, 2021
kingxsamz:

That jazz could stop bullets? How about we put the charm on you and shoot several shots at you with an ak47?
You said he should walk into a shrine. Have you been to a shrine before? Do you know anyone who owns a shrine? Have you patronized someone who owns a shrine before? Can this person who owns a shrine be willing to test his charms in front of an audience on camera? Would this person be willing to show us how he can cover a distance of 2hours in just 20mintutes on foot?

Let him define the supernatural first
Re: IKONSO AND IGBOHO: Proving Juju Does Not Work Or Do They? Lets Take A Deep Look by MrColdsweat: 3:29pm On Sep 03, 2021
kingxsamz:

Your seem to have a comprehension problem.

Is there any inferential link between your silly questions and your unwillingness to do practical science?

Did you not read where I mentioned that I DID NOT MAKE CLAIMS ON THE EFFICACY OF JUJU?

How old are you?
Re: IKONSO AND IGBOHO: Proving Juju Does Not Work Or Do They? Lets Take A Deep Look by MrColdsweat: 3:35pm On Sep 03, 2021
HellVictorinho:

What is the supernatural?

Something beyond the laws of science and your senses.
Re: IKONSO AND IGBOHO: Proving Juju Does Not Work Or Do They? Lets Take A Deep Look by kingxsamz(m): 4:09pm On Sep 03, 2021
MrColdsweat:
[s][/s]
Your seem to have a comprehension problem.

Is there any inferential link between your silly questions and your unwillingness to do practical science?

Did you not read where I mentioned that I DID NOT MAKE CLAIMS ON THE EFFICACY OF JUJU?

How old are you?

You're a clown.
What if I show you videos of someone who has been to different shrines and have exposed their lame antics? You'll say those ones are fake abi?
From your statement, we already know you believe in it. If you can't prove it, it's fine. But don't go around saying "walk into a shrine" like a child. If you know someone who owns a shrine, link him up with the Op. And your friend must be able to test his own product in front of a camera and audience.
It's up to those who believe such rubbish to defend their claims, not the other way around.
If it's real and effective then you should bring a reasonable counter to the Op's write up instead of dismissing it with childish remarks.

Re: IKONSO AND IGBOHO: Proving Juju Does Not Work Or Do They? Lets Take A Deep Look by Nobody: 8:47pm On Sep 03, 2021
MrColdsweat:

Something beyond the laws of science and your senses.

What is beyond my senses?

Identify it.

State the features or properties of what is beyond my senses
Re: IKONSO AND IGBOHO: Proving Juju Does Not Work Or Do They? Lets Take A Deep Look by MrColdsweat: 9:15pm On Sep 03, 2021
kingxsamz:

[s]You're a clown.
What if I show you videos of someone who has been to different shrines and have exposed their lame antics? You'll say those ones are fake abi?
From your statement, we already know you believe in it. If you can't prove it, it's fine. But don't go around saying "walk into a shrine" like a child. If you know someone who owns a shrine, link him up with the Op. And your friend must be able to test his own product in front of a camera and audience.[/s]
It's up to those who believe such rubbish to defend their claims, not the other way around.
[s]If it's real and effective then you should bring a reasonable counter to the Op's write up instead of dismissing it with childish remarks.[/s]

You accuse me of making claims so that you can attack me but I already know this petty game. I'll keep trying to help you see the logical implications of the statements you're making

You already call juju rubbish when you have not yet empirically verified that it is rubbish. This is the Same mistake the OP made.

Until you go through the process of experimentation, you do not make judgements. It is unscientific.

I made it clear that both systems (juju and science) possess completely different methodologies. Insisting that juju must pass through scientific tests, for validation, is sheer arrogance. This can be taken as valid proof that scientism is immune to dogmatism just as religion and other doctrines.

Science is not the only path to truth. Stop insisting everything must go through scientific verification before it must be true.

Assume You had a dream last night, there is no scientific means of verifying if you did or not. There are some truths that do not need to be proven.

By insisting science is the absolute, you make it a religion and you become no different from the dogmatic christians or Muslims who insist their path to truth is the only true path.

The foundation of science is empiricism. We brutally murdered her 50years ago. But you silly idiots have refused to recognize that she's dead. You carry her casket everywhere, claiming she's still alive and she's still the one true God.

Pity yourselves. Take down the casket, observe her corpse, and see what science truly is; a mere fabrication of the feeble human intellect.

To access what is presumably beyond your senses, you must go beyond your senses.

This is my last reply to you.
Re: IKONSO AND IGBOHO: Proving Juju Does Not Work Or Do They? Lets Take A Deep Look by MrColdsweat: 9:21pm On Sep 03, 2021
HellVictorinho:

What is beyond my senses?

Identify it.

State the features or properties of what is beyond my senses

Are you aware that there are frequencies that the human eyes cannot visualize? That there are millions of things happening around you that you cannot see?

Are you aware that mathematically, your brain cannot visualize higher dimensions?
Re: IKONSO AND IGBOHO: Proving Juju Does Not Work Or Do They? Lets Take A Deep Look by Nobody: 9:37pm On Sep 03, 2021
MrColdsweat:

Are you aware that there are frequencies that the human eyes cannot visualize? That there are millions of things happening around you that you cannot see?

Are you aware that mathematically, your brain cannot visualize higher dimensions?

Are you aware that I know that anything that exists as something that is not abstract is either an ageless indivisible object or a group of ageless indivisible objects?

Are you aware that I know that anything that exists as what is abstract is a property of an ageless indivisible object or the property of a group of ageless indivisible objects??
Re: IKONSO AND IGBOHO: Proving Juju Does Not Work Or Do They? Lets Take A Deep Look by Nobody: 9:52pm On Sep 03, 2021
MrColdsweat:

You accuse me of making claims so that you can attack me but I already know this petty game. I'll keep trying to help you see the logical implications of the statements you're making

You already call juju rubbish when you have not yet empirically verified that it is rubbish. This is the Same mistake the OP made.

Until you go through the process of experimentation, you do not make judgements. It is unscientific.

I made it clear that both systems (juju and science) possess completely different methodologies. Insisting that juju must pass through scientific tests, for validation, is sheer arrogance. This can be taken as valid proof that scientism is immune to dogmatism just as religion and other doctrines.

Science is not the only path to truth. Stop insisting everything must go through scientific verification before it must be true.

Assume You had a dream last night, there is no scientific means of verifying if you did or not. There are some truths that do not need to be proven.

By insisting science is the absolute, you make it a religion and you become no different from the dogmatic christians or Muslims who insist their path to truth is the only true path.

The foundation of science is empiricism. We brutally murdered her 50years ago. But you silly idiots have refused to recognize that she's dead. You carry her casket everywhere, claiming she's still alive and she's still the one true God.

Pity yourselves. Take down the casket, observe her corpse, and see what science truly is; a mere fabrication of the feeble human intellect.

To access what is presumably beyond your senses, you must go beyond your senses.

If you wanna know if I had a dream, ask me immediately after I wake up completely.

According to me, science is the use of my head to assess.

You can't go beyond your senses.

You are not alive in the absence of your senses or the functions of your sense organs.

If you are not a human being,then you are something else.

No matter what you are,it is impossible for you to be anything except a group of ageless indivisible objects.
Re: IKONSO AND IGBOHO: Proving Juju Does Not Work Or Do They? Lets Take A Deep Look by MrColdsweat: 10:00pm On Sep 03, 2021
HellVictorinho:

If you wanna know if I had a dream, ask me immediately after I wake up completely.

According to me, science is the use of my head to assess.
Well there's no way to know if you're lying.

HellVictorinho:

You can't go beyond your senses.

You are not alive in the absence of your senses or the functions of your sense organs.

This is where faith comes in.

To transcend beyond your constraints, to the world of impossibilities, you need faith.

Faith is the bridge between the possible and the impossible.
Re: IKONSO AND IGBOHO: Proving Juju Does Not Work Or Do They? Lets Take A Deep Look by Nobody: 10:12pm On Sep 03, 2021
MrColdsweat:

Well there's no way to know if you're lying.

This is where faith comes in.

To transcend beyond your constraints, to the world of impossibilities, you need faith.

Faith is the bridge between the possible and the impossible.

At least, I know when I am lying.

So, I can determine it myself.

Concerning faith,I know you are wrong

Faith doesn't keep you alive with all your organs dead.

Like I said,if you are not a human being,it doesn't change what I have said about anything that exists.

Re: IKONSO AND IGBOHO: Proving Juju Does Not Work Or Do They? Lets Take A Deep Look by kingxsamz(m): 10:13pm On Sep 03, 2021
MrColdsweat:

Oga you're making noise.
When you plant beans and it begins to grow the next day, you make observations and take different tests to come to a conclusion which explains why it grew. It's simple logic. Same way we expect those who claim to have the power to withstand bullets, turn eggs to bombs and run long distances in minutes to prove to us that they can really do these things. We're in the smartphone age. Why don't we see these things happen except for the rumours being spread? So no one is expecting juju to "pass through science". We're expecting them to show us these so called powers they possess. And I'm not accusing you of making claims. We both know you're here to defend juju, but since you know you can't prove it, you decided to drop lame remarks to discredit the Op.

Simple! Let those who claim to have powers show us they can actually withstand bullets, run very fast in seconds, disappear and turn to animals. I don't think cameras are allergic to these things.

By insisting science is the absolute
And nobody said this crap.
Science learns and adapts. It literally just explains things. That's all.

Anyways, here's someone who visits different shrines with a hidden camera to expose their little tricks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo4OaUvBGpU

Bring your own video of people disappearing. I'm waiting.
Re: IKONSO AND IGBOHO: Proving Juju Does Not Work Or Do They? Lets Take A Deep Look by MrColdsweat: 10:17pm On Sep 03, 2021
kingxsamz:

Oga you're making noise.
When you plant beans and it begins to grow the next day, you make observations and take different tests to come to a conclusion which explains why it grew. It's simple logic. Same way we expect those who claim to have the power to withstand bullets, turn eggs to bombs and run long distances in minutes to prove to us that they can really do these things. We're in the smartphone age. Why don't we see these things happen except for the rumours being spread? So no one is expecting juju to "pass through science". We're expecting them to show us these so called powers they possess. And I'm not accusing you of making claims. We both know you're here to defend juju, but since you know you can't prove it, you decided to drop lame remarks to discredit the Op.

Simple! Let those who claim to have powers show us they can actually withstand bullets, run very fast in seconds, disappear and turn to animals. I don't think cameras are allergic to these things.

And nobody said this crap.
Science learns and adapts. It literally just explains things. That's all.

Anyways, here's someone who visits different shrines with a hidden camera to expose their little tricks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo4OaUvBGpU

Bring your own video of people disappearing. I'm waiting.
Re: IKONSO AND IGBOHO: Proving Juju Does Not Work Or Do They? Lets Take A Deep Look by kingxsamz(m): 10:21pm On Sep 03, 2021
MrColdsweat :

Lol, funny guy.
What else can you say or do except cancel my posts?
Goodnight abeg.
Re: IKONSO AND IGBOHO: Proving Juju Does Not Work Or Do They? Lets Take A Deep Look by MrColdsweat: 10:25pm On Sep 03, 2021
HellVictorinho:

At least, I know when I am lying.

So, I can determine it myself.

This is not about yourself. This is about science. Science is designed to make experiences repeatable in the form of experiment. Can we scientifically verify that you had a dream last night?

HellVictorinho:

Concerning faith,I know you are wrong

Faith doesn't keep you alive with all your organs dead.

Being alive is only a sufficient condition.
But faith is a necessary condition if you must do the impossible. Faith is the fuel that drives everything, including science.
Re: IKONSO AND IGBOHO: Proving Juju Does Not Work Or Do They? Lets Take A Deep Look by Nobody: 11:18pm On Sep 03, 2021
MrColdsweat:

This is not about yourself. This is about science. Science is designed to make experiences repeatable in the form of experiment. Can we scientifically verify that you had a dream last night?

Being alive is only a sufficient condition.
But faith is a necessary condition if you must do the impossible. Faith is the fuel that drives everything, including science.

What if I say what you consider as science cannot change how I reason?
Neither can insults and condemnations from anyone.
If you want to verify if I had a dream when you cannot accept what I say as the truth despite the impossibility of me to lie when I can still remember how last night was and considering that I won't lose anything indispensable by telling you how last night was,then it means you are either confused or not being sincere concerning what you want.

There's no faith in the absence of life.
If you can do it,then it's not the impossible.
I can't accept contradictions here.
Doing the impossible is not logical.
Is this all you have to say about what's supernatural?

Belief in the supernatural doesn't define the supernatural
Neither does it show how it can exist

Faith doesn't ensure existence
Existence ensures the chance of your exposure to things
Your exposure to XYZ may lead to your faith in 123

Existence=the chance of you or/and your exposure to XYZ

Exposure to XYZ=the chance of faith towards 123 in your head.

The Church with Highest Number Of Members on nairaland / Is He Jesus Or "Yahshua"? / BE BOLD; DON'T SETTLE FOR FEAR.

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67