Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,071 members, 7,811,005 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:31 PM

IKONSO AND IGBOHO: Proving Juju Does Not Work Or Do They? Lets Take A Deep Look - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / IKONSO AND IGBOHO: Proving Juju Does Not Work Or Do They? Lets Take A Deep Look (2747 Views)

A Wealthy Man Visited My Office With Snake Juju For Prayer - Dr. Olukoya / Ijebu Juju Landord Used To Tie Tenants' Destiny In Ikorodu (Photos) / Photo Of The Enugu Mourners Who Confessed Killing Man With Juju At His Burial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

IKONSO AND IGBOHO: Proving Juju Does Not Work Or Do They? Lets Take A Deep Look by HardMirror(m): 10:39am On Jul 25, 2021

Some years back I created a thread to discuss the possibilities for countries like Nigeria that has a majority population that still believe the spiritual controls the physical, hence our pandering to Juju and religion.

Back in the days when i was very active in the christian circle, I believed very much in the potency of the spiritual, in fact i thought it to be the most powerful dimension of reality and worthy of all my attention and dedication. this remains the reality of many people despite their education most especially in 3rd world societies, not to say this is not the reality of 1st world societies too. We would find people who would rather fantasize than come to terms with our brick and mortal reality.

[b]For those of use who have lived in Osun and Oyo state before, we have heard incredible stories of the Ife and Modakeke war which was fought using "juju", the stories are very incredible infact these stories must be the reason our security forces fear Igboho so much until they began to realize he is not as powerful as he claims.
we heard stories of people disappearing at will, using eggs as bombs, people who could face a whole squadron firing at them and laughing as if they where just being tickled with feathers, we heard stories of guns spurting water instead of bullets when soldiers came face to face with these men. but do you know why these stories seemed credible, there where no mobile phones back then to take pictures and videos. so where are all these powers now? Ife Modakeke war is barely 20 years ago, how come we cannot fine those eggs that were able to blow up a whole building anymore, how come the guns of our soldiers are not spurting water hen they fire at igboho's men anymore?[/b]

DOES JUJU WORK?
You can already guess my position on this topic, but i would rather go back to my days of believing in the spiritual and agree with you folks that juju works and from this perspective we can look into this and draw our conclusions.

WHAT DOES AFRICAN TRADITIONAL RELIGION HAVE TO OFFER?[/B]
well a lot! to mention a few, i would focus on what ATR has to offer that could have been of advantage to believers like Igboho and Ikonso.

1. [b]Iko.

Iko in the Yoruba ATR enables the wearer to know the thoughts of people around him, you are able to tell if people around you are betrayers.

2. Kanako.
with Kanako, you can cover 100km in just 2mins walking on foot.

3. Odeshi/Okugbe.
Now this is the most popular one. This charm comes in different forms.

the Traditional Bulletpoof vest was brought back to popularity by Sunday Igboho and Ikonso

Does it Work?

yes it works!

sure you are surprised i say it works, but i am an honest person and only if approach issues with honesty would we find the truth we seek

just like the Kevlar and ceramic composite bullet-proof vests used by law enforcement in developed countries, this vest works by the same principle.
it can stop a limited range of fire power. all things bullet proof has their limits even an amoured tank can be destroyed by certain types of ammunition such as a Rail-gun Tungsten Ammunition.

If you get this vest, the baba would test the vest with a local pistol which is a very low velocity weapon and would be unable to penetrate this vest. you go home believing you are protected.

this vests are made of leather and infused with iron nugget. the leather works just the way Kevlar works, it stretches to distribute the impact while the iron nuggets take the bullets shear force using it's high tensile strength.

this is where the science ends,

because after this stage, the other solutions provided by baba are just based on gimmicks no different from that of a magician.

below is a video of a Tanzanian soldier that fired an AK47 riffle right into his mouth and spat the bullet out... or did he?

please watch the video first then i tell you how he did it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-LKH3mXyPQ

so you can see this soldier fired a real riffle into his mouth and the cartridge is real. so how is it that he was not hurt.
it was all trick and a very obvious one for anyone who know how guns and bullets work.

he only fired a blank, the cartridge he used had no bullet in it. how do i know? cos of the puff and lack of recoil when he fired the gun. if the gun had a bullet in it,the gun would have recoiled because of newtons law of motion. when you fire a gun, the force of the bullet moving forward pushes the gun backwards. this force alone is capable of removing his teeth even if the bullet did not harm him. also the force of the bullet hitting his mouth would push his head back even if the bullet did not penetrate his mouth.

Note that at the 3rd attempt he actually got hurt, but this is not due to the bullet but the hot high velocity gas discharge from the gun hitting his cheek. yes even blanks can hurt even though they are very unlikely to kill you
so why is it that only the pistol hurt him? simple, the riffles did not hurt him because the long barrel give the gas discharge from the blanks enough space and time to slow down before getting to his mouth while the pistol has a shorter barrel meaning the gas does not have enough time to slow down and cool off before getting into contact with his mouth.

hence it was all a gimmick.

4. Ofe.
So when the Military invaded sunday Igboho's house, they could not find him. did he use Ofe? Ofe is a charm that enable the use to disappear at will or when in danger.
If sunday Igboho was really in that house which i presume to be the case, then it looks likely that he actually disappeared when the military men invaded his home.

a more plausible explanation though is they just could not find him.
here are factors you must consider.

1. the house is very big with many many rooms and places to hide.
2. he had enough time to execute his escape protocol before they breached his house.
the military men where in a hurry and had to give up after searching for a while.

i believe there where "False Walls" in sunday igboho's house where he hide until the military left.
the next day, you could see the volume of activities in his house which enabled him escape. the area was not concealed and this shows how incompetent our DSS are unfortunately. instead they took cats from his house thinking he turned into a cat.
this is exactly why i preach that it is stupidity to believe in all these spiritual nonsense because they would only make you live in delusion. if the team where unbelievers just like me, they would have sealed the house off and smoked him out of his hiding place using scientific methods not capturing cats.

but what if it is true that sunday igboho disappeared? well if the man had the ability to disappear and cannot put that power to good use like teleporting himself into dss offices just to scare them and make them respect him (this tactic is called Show-of Force) so they know he has the capability to eliminate them anytime he chooses, then it shows he is a stupid fellow, except of course he cannot teleport which actual is the case.

CONCLUSION
IF SUNDAY IGBOHO OR IKONSO HAD JUST THIS 4 POWERS AVAILABLE TO THEM, THE RESULT AND NEWS WE WOULD BE READING TODAY WOULD BE MUCH MORE DIFFERENT.

I HOPE WE NIGERIANS CAN MOVE BEYOND BELIEVING THESE GIMMICKS

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: IKONSO AND IGBOHO: Proving Juju Does Not Work Or Do They? Lets Take A Deep Look by MrColdsweat: 10:50am On Jul 25, 2021
Instead of sitting in your self-contain, why not walk into a shrine and test the efficiency of juju by yourself?

2 Likes

Re: IKONSO AND IGBOHO: Proving Juju Does Not Work Or Do They? Lets Take A Deep Look by fredwill1357(m): 10:51am On Jul 25, 2021
Longest time hard mirror.
Re: IKONSO AND IGBOHO: Proving Juju Does Not Work Or Do They? Lets Take A Deep Look by HardMirror(m): 10:53am On Jul 25, 2021
fredwill1357:
Longest time hard mirror.
hey! whats popping.
Re: IKONSO AND IGBOHO: Proving Juju Does Not Work Or Do They? Lets Take A Deep Look by HardMirror(m): 11:00am On Jul 25, 2021
MrColdsweat:
Instead of sitting in your self-contain, why not walk into a shrine and test the efficiency of juju by yourself?
if anyone has an alternative argument and can disprove all i have said above, please go ahead and present your argument concisely. i am willing to learn, as for if i have done any research out side the internet, well, yes. babalawos and their lots only use gimmicks to fool their customers, the charms aint real . they also try to scare you, make their shines very scary so you dont ask questions. they have nothing to offer. by the way i dont live in a self contain, i sleep under the bridge at ikeja.

9 Likes

Re: IKONSO AND IGBOHO: Proving Juju Does Not Work Or Do They? Lets Take A Deep Look by MrColdsweat: 11:05am On Jul 25, 2021
HardMirror:

, the charms aint real . .

How do know they ain't real when you haven't tested it yourself?

To find out if a particular food is sweet, no be to carry spoon taste am yourself?

Walk into a shrine and challenge a native doctor. That's how you prove your claim.
Re: IKONSO AND IGBOHO: Proving Juju Does Not Work Or Do They? Lets Take A Deep Look by ttaiwo09: 11:08am On Jul 25, 2021
Science is superior to juju
Re: IKONSO AND IGBOHO: Proving Juju Does Not Work Or Do They? Lets Take A Deep Look by Ekez(m): 11:08am On Jul 25, 2021
HardMirror:
hey! whats popping.
Shut Up
Nothing is popping
Re: IKONSO AND IGBOHO: Proving Juju Does Not Work Or Do They? Lets Take A Deep Look by Ekez(m): 11:08am On Jul 25, 2021
MrColdsweat:

How do know they ain't real when you haven't tested it yourself?

To find out if a particular food is sweet, no be to carry spoon taste am yourself?

Walk into a shrine and challenge a native doctor. That's how you prove your claim.
correct
Re: IKONSO AND IGBOHO: Proving Juju Does Not Work Or Do They? Lets Take A Deep Look by Nukilia: 11:09am On Jul 25, 2021
Europeans really dealt with Africans! They used religion as a conduit for
1. Manipulation
2. Theft
3. Mind control

5 Likes

Re: IKONSO AND IGBOHO: Proving Juju Does Not Work Or Do They? Lets Take A Deep Look by HardMirror(m): 11:12am On Jul 25, 2021
Nukilia:
Europeans really dealt with Africans! They used religion as a conduit for
1. Manipulation
2. Theft
3. Mind control
unfortunately Africans are just going to school and are not getting educated, hence why we still have people who fail to sit, think, analyse what they believe and reevaluate their beliefs

4 Likes

Re: IKONSO AND IGBOHO: Proving Juju Does Not Work Or Do They? Lets Take A Deep Look by SportsHD: 11:13am On Jul 25, 2021
Charms are real. Juju is real. But, like everything in this earth, it has limits.

If you notice, some federal sars officers have a red tape around their magazine or a red cloth tied round the nozzle of their gun.

This is to counter the juju the people they're chasing have.

Ikonso was selina tested. I.e he was bulletproof in juju sense. But, the officers that went after him knew. So, they also fortified themselves and their guns. That's was how they killed him. Even with his juju bulletproof vest on.

Come to Port Harcourt, delta, cross river.
Selina business thrive. Babalawos are making money. Because of the cult activities.
Most of the guns these cult people use are shoguns or guns that use cartridge.
But, still on still, they still get thrown overboarded.
What does that say?
Juju is real but, it has limits.

Science is superior to juju.

1 Like

Re: IKONSO AND IGBOHO: Proving Juju Does Not Work Or Do They? Lets Take A Deep Look by HardMirror(m): 11:21am On Jul 25, 2021
SportsHD:
Charms are real. Juju is real. But, like everything in this earth, it has limits.

If you notice, some federal sars officers have a red tape around their magazine or a red cloth tied round the nozzle of their gun.

This is to counter the juju the people they're chasing have.

Ikonso was selina tested. I.e he was bulletproof in juju sense. But, the officers that went after him knew. So, they also fortified themselves and their guns. That's was how they killed him. Even with his juju bulletproof vest on.

Come to Port Harcourt, delta, cross river.
Selina business thrive. Babalawos are making money. Because of the cult activities.
Most of the guns these cult people use are shoguns or guns that use cartridge.
But, still on still, they still get thrown overboarded.
What does that say?
Juju is real but, it has limits.

Science is superior to juju.
so what about juju that can make you turn into an animal or just disappear? it would be better to spend my money on juju that would make me turn into a fly than selina nonsense. so why aint people doing that?

3 Likes

Re: IKONSO AND IGBOHO: Proving Juju Does Not Work Or Do They? Lets Take A Deep Look by Nukilia: 11:29am On Jul 25, 2021
HardMirror:
unfortunately Africans are just going to school and are not getting educated, hence why we still have people who fail to sit, think, analyse what they believe and reevaluate their beliefs

You are correct! There is a strong psychology at play, this is aimed at destroying the minds of the people of Africa using religion.

In order to fix the people, the only tool you can use is religion. Any thinking outside of religion will incur the wrath of the people
Re: IKONSO AND IGBOHO: Proving Juju Does Not Work Or Do They? Lets Take A Deep Look by Davash222(m): 11:35am On Jul 25, 2021
You never see JuJu.

1 Like

Re: IKONSO AND IGBOHO: Proving Juju Does Not Work Or Do They? Lets Take A Deep Look by SportsHD: 11:38am On Jul 25, 2021
HardMirror:

so what about juju that can make you turn into an animal or just disappear? it would be better to spend my money on juju that would make me turn into a fly than selina nonsense. so why aint people doing that?
You might loose your sanity doing that.
There are Numerous blood sacrifices involved. You might even have to copulate with a ghost. Sleep in a cemetery for like 7 nights straight.
You'll have to use grinded human parts to bath, eat some human parts etc.
It's gruelling.
Re: IKONSO AND IGBOHO: Proving Juju Does Not Work Or Do They? Lets Take A Deep Look by Imustnottalk: 12:11pm On Jul 25, 2021
Juju dey work but nah the way you use am matter
Re: IKONSO AND IGBOHO: Proving Juju Does Not Work Or Do They? Lets Take A Deep Look by LordReed(m): 1:20pm On Jul 25, 2021
SportsHD:

There are Numerous blood sacrifices involved. You might even have to copulate with a ghost. Sleep in a cemetery for like 7 nights straight.
It's gruelling.

Can you just stop this nonsense?! You are part of the people causing folk to go on killing human beings for fetish reasons. How can someone who is using the internet still be believing that eating human body parts will give supernatural power? Just stop abeg.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: IKONSO AND IGBOHO: Proving Juju Does Not Work Or Do They? Lets Take A Deep Look by HardMirror(m): 1:40pm On Jul 25, 2021
SportsHD:

It's gruelling.
you are going too far... basic charms have not work, why should you believe the more complicated ones would work? as for the Sars officers using a counter to the selina people like Ikonso use, it is proof that even Nigerian Profs are delusional. trust me if Juju works, there is no shame in it, The United States would have departments that specialize in the study and use of Juju. gun powder was invented by the Chinese but the whole world uses it today. same thing would apply to stuff juju, we would all find way of using it at least to some extent.

2 Likes

Re: IKONSO AND IGBOHO: Proving Juju Does Not Work Or Do They? Lets Take A Deep Look by ENEMYOFGOD6: 3:37pm On Jul 25, 2021
grin grin grin.
Juju doesn't work,and there's no verifiable trumpantantrum evidence it has being worked.

.if juju bullet proof truly work as we Africa claimed,we would have conquered America by now.we for the use our juju the intimate the rest of the world.. Juju is useless as shit.

7 Likes

Re: IKONSO AND IGBOHO: Proving Juju Does Not Work Or Do They? Lets Take A Deep Look by hakeem4(m): 5:35pm On Jul 25, 2021
most people who claim that juju works have never seen it in action. It is always hearsay

long time hard mirror.

I have not heard from capslocked in a while

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: IKONSO AND IGBOHO: Proving Juju Does Not Work Or Do They? Lets Take A Deep Look by CharlesJok3r: 8:19am On Jul 26, 2021
Welcome back HardMirror
Re: IKONSO AND IGBOHO: Proving Juju Does Not Work Or Do They? Lets Take A Deep Look by hopefulLandlord: 9:02am On Jul 26, 2021
I think JuJu works in the same way prayer works. When you have a very strong belief in something you might be tricked into confirmation bias which makes you twist everything you see as "proof" it works

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: IKONSO AND IGBOHO: Proving Juju Does Not Work Or Do They? Lets Take A Deep Look by MrColdsweat: 9:23am On Jul 26, 2021
ENEMYOFGOD6:
grin grin grin.
Juju doesn't work,and there's no verifiable trumpantantrum evidence it has being worked.

.if juju bullet proof truly work as we Africa claimed,we would have conquered America by now.we for the use our juju the intimate the rest of the world.. Juju is useless as shit.

Witch doctors have been practicing necromancy, chemistry, medicine, pharmacy before the birth of organized science. Witch doctors knew which herbs cured diseases, they knew alcohol, laughing gas, they purified gold themselves.

How did they do that centuries before the birth of chemistry?

How did uneducated witchdoctors experiment and discover, alcohol, gunpowder before the birth of chemistry?

Alchemy is the father of chemistry. Who were the people practicing alchemy then, if not witch doctors?

Juju gave birth to birth.

Science na part of juju wey them don study, organize, come put for book make una read

1 Like

Re: IKONSO AND IGBOHO: Proving Juju Does Not Work Or Do They? Lets Take A Deep Look by HardMirror(m): 10:04am On Jul 26, 2021
MrColdsweat:

Witch doctors have been practicing necromancy, chemistry, medicine, pharmacy before the birth of organized science. Witch doctors knew which herbs cured diseases, they knew alcohol, laughing gas, they purified gold themselves.

How did they do that centuries before the birth of chemistry?

How did uneducated witchdoctors experiment and discover, alcohol, gunpowder before the birth of chemistry?

Alchemy is the father of chemistry. Who were the people practicing alchemy then, if not witch doctors?

Juju gave birth to birth.

Science na part of juju wey them don study, organize, come put for book make una read
there is nothing like birth of chemistry. lol or birth of science.

if the cave man 100,000 years ago when we did not even have the knowledge of making metals, figured out that a sharp stone could cut animal skin, he was practically practicing physics. to figure out that some materials could carry water and some could not carry water is science. science is not the art of wearing white lab coats and being in the laboratory. so you have proved nothing by your grossly ignorant statement.

an herbalist could actually study nature and come up with remedies for different health problems that works, that does not mean he has supernatural powers, it only proves he is intelligent and able to study nature and apply his observations to practical use. it is science not spiritualism.

so you are not making any sense by saying birth of chemistry or alchemy being father of chemistry. the word chemistry only defines the study of how substances interact with each other. and it is just a branch in science. humans have being learning how substances interact with each other even some animals understand how some basic substances they need for survival works.

you say science is part of Juju. damn! you just talking trash.
juju is supposed to be spiritual. juju works because there is a spiritual dimension to it. if an herbalist asks you to drink a concoction to solve a health problem and that is science not juju. he studied the plants and knows their properties, he does not know he is practicing science , but he does not have to know, science is science. it is just a word to define what is being done.

5 Likes

Re: IKONSO AND IGBOHO: Proving Juju Does Not Work Or Do They? Lets Take A Deep Look by MrColdsweat: 10:15am On Jul 26, 2021
HardMirror:

if the cave man 100,000 years ago when there we did not even have the knowledge of making metals, figured out that a sharp stone could cut animal skin, he was practically practicing physics. to figure out that some materials could carry water and some could not carry water is science. science is not the art of wearing white lab coats and being in the laboratory. so you have proved nothing by your grossly ignorant statement.

an herbalist could actually sturdy nature and come up with remedies for different health problems that works, that does not mean he has supernatural powers, it only proves he is intelligent and able to study nature and apply his observations to practical use. it is science not spiritualism

No. It is not science because science has a methodology. Alchemy involves many steps including rituals, mystic practices, sacrifices etc. People who practiced alchemy were called magicians or spiritualists.

I ask you again, how were people you term fake, people without any formal scientific education, able to purify gold, discover laughing gas, alcohol and gunpowder considering that these processes can not be independently done by an average scientific scholar?
Re: IKONSO AND IGBOHO: Proving Juju Does Not Work Or Do They? Lets Take A Deep Look by hopefulLandlord: 10:25am On Jul 26, 2021
MrColdsweat:

No. It is not science because science has a methodology. Alchemy involves many steps including rituals, mystic practices, sacrifices etc. People who practiced alchemy were called magicians or spiritualists.

I ask you again, how were people you term fake, people without any formal scientific education, able to purify gold, discover laughing gas, alcohol and gunpowder considering that these processes can not be independently done by an average scientific scholar?

Alchemy na scam
Re: IKONSO AND IGBOHO: Proving Juju Does Not Work Or Do They? Lets Take A Deep Look by HardMirror(m): 10:25am On Jul 26, 2021
MrColdsweat:

you dont need formal education to practice science.
to reach a scientific conclusion, you must have an hypothesis, conduct an experiment, confirm the results and reach a conclusion.
imagine a village with malaria problems, the herbalist thinks to himself that some of the roots and leaves in the forest must be able to cure the disease that is the hypothesis.
he starts trying out different plants. that is the experiment.
he observes that those he gave Dogoyaro leaves got better faster than other. he reaches a conclusion.
while doing all this, he was making scarifies to his gods.
In the end he got a scientific solution but carried the unnecessary burden of spiritualism.

8 Likes

Re: IKONSO AND IGBOHO: Proving Juju Does Not Work Or Do They? Lets Take A Deep Look by HardMirror(m): 10:26am On Jul 26, 2021
hopefulLandlord:

Alchemy na scam
dont rush the dude, he wont understand. i am sure he is one of those chaps that thinks magic is real.
Re: IKONSO AND IGBOHO: Proving Juju Does Not Work Or Do They? Lets Take A Deep Look by MrColdsweat: 10:27am On Jul 26, 2021
HardMirror:

if the cave man 100,000 years ago when we did not even have the knowledge of making metals, figured out that a sharp stone could cut animal skin, he was practically practicing physics. to figure out that some materials could carry water and some could not carry water is science. science is not the art of wearing white lab coats and being in the laboratory. so you have proved nothing by your grossly ignorant statement.

an herbalist could actually study nature and come up with remedies for different health problems that works, that does not mean he has supernatural powers, it only proves he is intelligent and able to study nature and apply his observations to practical use. it is science not spiritualism.

so you are not making any sense by saying birth of chemistry or alchemy being father of chemistry. the word chemistry only defines the study of how substances interact with each other. and it is just a branch in science. humans have being learning how substances interact with each other even some animals understand how some basic substances they need for survival works.

you say science is part of Juju. damn! you just talking trash.
juju is supposed to be spiritual. juju works because there is a spiritual dimension to it. if an herbalist asks you to drink a concoction to solve a health problem and that is science not juju. he studied the plants and knows their properties, he does not know he is practicing science , but he does not have to know, science is science. it is just a word to define what is being done.

If you do not know that alchemy birthed chemistry, then you should have at least used Google to verify before embarrassing yourself. (The worst form of ignorance is blatantly rejecting a claim instead of verifying).

How can you say when a herbalist ask you to drink a concoction, that it is science? Do you see herbalists go through the empirical phase of scientific study before theorizing that his concoction works?

Do babalawos or herbalists use the scientific methodology?

What scientific apparatus do they use for the scientific observations?

Are you sure you know what science is?
Re: IKONSO AND IGBOHO: Proving Juju Does Not Work Or Do They? Lets Take A Deep Look by MrColdsweat: 10:28am On Jul 26, 2021
hopefulLandlord:

Alchemy na scam

But an alchemist discovered alcohol and gunpowder.

Go and sleep.
Re: IKONSO AND IGBOHO: Proving Juju Does Not Work Or Do They? Lets Take A Deep Look by hopefulLandlord: 10:31am On Jul 26, 2021
MrColdsweat:

But an alchemist invented alcohol and gunpowder.
Go and sleep.
Alchemy attempts to convert base metals into gold. Na scam.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Biblical Proofs Jesus Didn't Die On The Cross. Part 1 / Jesus Was Never Married. Why Don't Christians Emulate That? / The Real Jesus (alcoholic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.