Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,012 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

With 13 Years Experience, Will You Accept An N85,000 Job Offer? - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / With 13 Years Experience, Will You Accept An N85,000 Job Offer? (22687 Views)

Graduate Begs For N18,000 Job On Facebook / N100,000 Job Or Five Million Naira Cash? / N40,000 Job In Ilorin Or N85,000 Job In Oron? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: With 13 Years Experience, Will You Accept An N85,000 Job Offer? by Candycrushy(f): 2:16pm On Jul 25, 2021
Didi2d:
I presently earn that amount, but the different is I don't spend a dine on transport neither do u spend on feeding from that salary. Because the company provides staff bus and also lunch.

And guess what, na O level I use get the job
What type of work and which state are you
Re: With 13 Years Experience, Will You Accept An N85,000 Job Offer? by Person2person(m): 2:17pm On Jul 25, 2021
Ok
Re: With 13 Years Experience, Will You Accept An N85,000 Job Offer? by JB4life: 2:20pm On Jul 25, 2021
If there is no better option elsewhere at the moment,yes.
Re: With 13 Years Experience, Will You Accept An N85,000 Job Offer? by vivalavida(m): 2:21pm On Jul 25, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:
angry angry sad sad

1,500 * 30 = #45,000

Minus 85k = 40k
I go buy food and many things.

As a single guy, I'll accept it
Married guy is a NO.
Modifed.
I'll be coming home 10pm or what did I read shocked

Capital NO

How can u do 1,500*30

Does he work everyday of the month?
Re: With 13 Years Experience, Will You Accept An N85,000 Job Offer? by SocialJustice: 2:21pm On Jul 25, 2021
MansoryMX:
Can you imagine the insult! Me personally that have never worked for anyone or company since I graduated from school in 2013 will never accept such offer let alone someone with a whole 13 years of experience. One thing about this is that if the said person accepts this shameful job offer now it’s like a virus and will spread to other firms and become a way of life in Nigeria. Suffer dey this country ooo
Not in a country with over 70% unemployment. I guess you haven't tasted the job market. Nigeria is a corpse on oxygen.
Re: With 13 Years Experience, Will You Accept An N85,000 Job Offer? by Didi2d(m): 2:22pm On Jul 25, 2021
Candycrushy:

What type of work and which state are you

Am in Lagos
Re: With 13 Years Experience, Will You Accept An N85,000 Job Offer? by TGM2015: 2:23pm On Jul 25, 2021
farous:
Can a graduate with over 13 years working experience accept job offer of N85,000 monthly salary simply because the person's company had challenges and is out of job.

Yes of course.

The daily transport to and fro to work is atleast N1,500 and such a person will still have to buy and eat morning and afternoon food,dress well and has a family. Above all,because of traffic and distance to workplace,such a person will be leaving house atleast by 5am and coming home can reach 10pm.

Is it worth it?,Kindly advise
With this condition, NO unless you are considering relocating closer to the company. If you are considering the later option, make sure there is job security for the next 5 years at least.

1 Like

Re: With 13 Years Experience, Will You Accept An N85,000 Job Offer? by Odide009: 2:23pm On Jul 25, 2021
gbolswag:
Lets be fooling ourselves....with the Nigeria we are in today......I will grab the job and cut many things off.....like eating once a day...and all that

Why should you even eat at all. If you can't eat fine at least, what is the essence of working.... If you fall and die while working. Your employer will replace you before they even bury you. Wetin you gain.
Re: With 13 Years Experience, Will You Accept An N85,000 Job Offer? by streetsoldier1(m): 2:24pm On Jul 25, 2021
farous:
Can a graduate with over 13 years working experience accept job offer of N85,000 monthly salary simply because the person's company had challenges and is out of job.

The daily transport to and fro to work is atleast N1,500 and such a person will still have to buy and eat morning and afternoon food,dress well and has a family. Above all,because of traffic and distance to workplace,such a person will be leaving house atleast by 5am and coming home can reach 10pm.

Why will someone be looking for work after 13 years of working... Abeg look for things to do, be as independent as possible, dem no teach una self reliance for school?

1 Like

Re: With 13 Years Experience, Will You Accept An N85,000 Job Offer? by Visocrate(m): 2:27pm On Jul 25, 2021
My brother half bread is better than groundnut
Re: With 13 Years Experience, Will You Accept An N85,000 Job Offer? by YouandiAllofus: 2:32pm On Jul 25, 2021
Belafonte:
If after 13 years, you have not been able to increase your skill level to a point where employers would be scared of offering you 85k, then that's what you deserve.

Everyday you go to work, you must actively develop yourself to be worth what you want to earn from life.

Nobody pays you for time, they pay for your value. If you are worth 850k to them they'll pay you 850k. That is the reality. If you believe you are undervalued where you are, then prove it by offering your service and skills to other employers and see if they jump at your offer or not.

You don't determine your value, the market does.
Well said
Re: With 13 Years Experience, Will You Accept An N85,000 Job Offer? by ChybuzzDD(m): 2:32pm On Jul 25, 2021
Unfortunately, some of these boys ranting here are either jobless or underemployed, and struggle to afford 2 square meals a day.

If you are all gainfully employed and rich, how come there's still widespread poverty in Nigeria?

Op should accept the job for now, and leave once he gets a better offer.

2 Likes

Re: With 13 Years Experience, Will You Accept An N85,000 Job Offer? by Omoluabi1stborn: 2:32pm On Jul 25, 2021
vivalavida:

How can u do 1,500*30

Does he work everyday of the month?

Is assumption bro
Re: With 13 Years Experience, Will You Accept An N85,000 Job Offer? by Blacksavage: 2:40pm On Jul 25, 2021
Oga sir,kontree hard as now..manage till you go see another one.

1 Like

Re: With 13 Years Experience, Will You Accept An N85,000 Job Offer? by Hendtime: 2:41pm On Jul 25, 2021
Hunger no good o, if you don't have another means you better accept am

2 Likes

Re: With 13 Years Experience, Will You Accept An N85,000 Job Offer? by Belafonte(m): 2:42pm On Jul 25, 2021
kingscare1:

Na lie, a big fat lie.
I don't know about you, for me I determine my value through my personal convictions, who I am, and what I can offer to myself and the world and I don't give a damn if you think me less or more because I believe I'm the best in my choosing career and I'm working hard passionately every day to improve.

In as much as I believe that working for anyone belittles me personally and my ease of making money all by myself without a regular job, when it comes to working for anyone or when an employer feels that they cannot see my values, I move without wasting time as simple as that.

The bottom line - Fvck salary or regular job.

Out and peace...

Stop spitting all over the place like someone that dropped out of kindergarten.

Your market value in terms of what you'll be paid what paying customers believing your services are worth

Do you know how many broke people are personally convinced that they deserve to earn ad much as Dangote?

At the end of the day, you agreed with me, but feel personally attacked for some weird reason.

You need to learn to read to understand, not to reply
Re: With 13 Years Experience, Will You Accept An N85,000 Job Offer? by Hendtime: 2:42pm On Jul 25, 2021
streetsoldier1:

Why will someone be looking for work after 13 years of working... Abeg look for things to do, be as independent as possible, dem no teach una self reliance for school?

Nobody needs to be taught self reliance in school, life is a better teacher

1 Like

Re: With 13 Years Experience, Will You Accept An N85,000 Job Offer? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jul 25, 2021
post=104075206:

#1500 on transportation everyday?
For real?
That is around #30,000 out of the money already , just on transportation alone!
And you are even a family man

Are you kidding us by asking such question OP

Hahaha, no matter how wash Ebolo e go still smell shit.

One thing about you is that you like attention.

Anyway u are a cursed one.

And u are not mature at all. U just prove it now no wonder failure dey follow you.

Based on the calculation of Monday to Friday.
(20 working days in a month!)
Not 7 days in a week, hope you gerrit now bros?
With the food, you are right with that.

BTW,
We no be bros o,
We are simply WE.

What if we tell you that this is the first time we are coming across you moniker on this forum Sir Jendon,
You are busy fighting people that do not know if you exist online or offline?
People that just post their comments and move on.
Una get time for social media sha.... like seriously.
You will be in your house, on your mat and just be fighting some people online, losing valuable sleep all night, while your mates are out there hustling on how to better their future?
Better channel your fighting spirit to something more productive for you in life, something that will give you a fulfilling future as we do @MANNA.
Happy more fighting to you in advance o, Sir Fighter! grin cheesy wink
Re: With 13 Years Experience, Will You Accept An N85,000 Job Offer? by kingscare1(m): 2:53pm On Jul 25, 2021
Belafonte:

Stop spitting all over the place like someone that dropped out of kindergarten.

Your market value in terms of what you'll be paid what paying customers believing your services are worth

Do you know how many broke people are personally convinced that they deserve to earn ad much as Dangote?

At the end of the day, you agreed with me, but feel personally attacked for some weird reason.

You need to learn to read to understand, not to reply

Fvck off bitchh ass Niggaa.
That's for you, basically you are saying that your market value is determined by others. For me, I know my worth, the value I bring to the table, and I can't take less or more.

I can't work for any person rather I'm working on having several workers work for me.

Bitch! Mindset vary.
Re: With 13 Years Experience, Will You Accept An N85,000 Job Offer? by Belafonte(m): 2:54pm On Jul 25, 2021
kingscare1:

Fvck off bitchh ass Niggaa.
That's for you, basically you are saying that your market value is determined by others. For me, I know my worth, the value I bring to the table, and I can't take less or more.

I can't work for any person rather I'm working on having several workers work for me.

Mindset vary.

Why are you not charging your clients/customers ₦1bn per service you offer to them?

Like I said, you lack basic english comprehension. You said you cannot take more than the value you bring to the table but you think the OP can? Are you smoking something?

If you charge a client a fee and they say it's too high and opt not to patronise you, can you force them? No. They do not see your services as worth that amount. Period.

If other customers/clients pay, it means those paying clients believe you're worth that. That is what I said that is making you foam at the mouth like a dog suffering from rabies.

Whatever you are able to aggregate from those prospects that refuse to pay and those clients that eventually patronise you is called market forces, you uncircumcised dingbat.

Dumbo, read to understand. Capisce?
Re: With 13 Years Experience, Will You Accept An N85,000 Job Offer? by askakim(m): 3:01pm On Jul 25, 2021
No I won't ooo.. I can't imagine myself having 10years experience and earning 85k...Everyone has his own negotiating power. I have four to five years experience only now and earn above 100k and am still learning new skills n going for personal training in my field..
Re: With 13 Years Experience, Will You Accept An N85,000 Job Offer? by kingscare1(m): 3:03pm On Jul 25, 2021
Belafonte:

Why are you not charging your clients/customers ₦1bn per service you offer to them?

Like I said, you lack basic english comprehension. You said you cannot take more than the value you bring to the table but you think the OP can? Are you smoking something?

If you charge a client a fee and they say it's too high and opt not to patronise you, can you force them? No. They do not see your services as worth that amount. Period.

If other customers/clients pay, it means those paying clients believe you're worth that. That is what I said that is making you foam at the mouth like a dog suffering from rabies.

Dumbo, read to understand. Capisce?

BIG Pussyy Ass Bittch.
Bye, do your thing make I do my thing, we don't make noise I make money, fucck bitches watch them cum on themselves, bitchees love'en and smoke weed.

Continue answering yes sir/ yes ma from 7am in the morning till 6pm in the evening while I sit on my couch with my laptop and make my own dough.

Big Pussy Bittchh...Quote me again. grin
Re: With 13 Years Experience, Will You Accept An N85,000 Job Offer? by FRANKOSKI(m): 3:04pm On Jul 25, 2021
IF U AIN'T GOT OPTIONS WHY NOT ?

1 Like

Re: With 13 Years Experience, Will You Accept An N85,000 Job Offer? by valentineuwakwe(m): 3:06pm On Jul 25, 2021
In this country nah, half bread is better than none!
Re: With 13 Years Experience, Will You Accept An N85,000 Job Offer? by deavicky(m): 3:07pm On Jul 25, 2021
farous:

I'm suggesting he should resign and seat at home instead of taking that money, nature will later tell him the truth.
Re: With 13 Years Experience, Will You Accept An N85,000 Job Offer? by Belafonte(m): 3:08pm On Jul 25, 2021
kingscare1:

BIG Pussyy Ass Bittch.
Bye, do your thing make I do my thing, we don't make noise I make money, fucck bitches watch them cum on themselves, bitchees love'en and smoke weed.

Continue answering yes sir/ yes ma from 7am in the morning till 6pm in the evening while I sit on my couch with my laptop and make my own dough.

Big Pussy Bittchh...Quote me again. grin

You're just a fool. I employ, I don't answer yes sir or yes ma, that's why I understand value exchange
You make money but don't understand value, you're probably a scammer. Nobody who grows a business can be so stupid in real life

1 Like

Re: With 13 Years Experience, Will You Accept An N85,000 Job Offer? by braine(m): 3:08pm On Jul 25, 2021
Belafonte:
If after 13 years, you have not been able to increase your skill level to a point where employers would be scared of offering you 85k, then that's what you deserve.

Everyday you go to work, you must actively develop yourself to be worth what you want to earn from life.

Nobody pays you for time, they pay for your value. If you are worth 850k to them they'll pay you 850k. That is the reality. If you believe you are undervalued where you are, then prove it by offering your service and skills to other employers and see if they jump at your offer or not.

The only sensible comment on this thread.

With 13 years experience, OP should even have a side hustle in his line of business already!!

He should probably have gotten more certifications or degrees or something!

Like you rightly said, he probably deserves the nonsense he was offered. All we can do if to do plus and minus on how he can manage the underating salary.
Re: With 13 Years Experience, Will You Accept An N85,000 Job Offer? by oluseg2: 3:11pm On Jul 25, 2021
Belafonte:

It's easier said.
Re: With 13 Years Experience, Will You Accept An N85,000 Job Offer? by akdjr(m): 3:14pm On Jul 25, 2021
My grandma told me that it is when you're on top a Palm tree that you can see well another palm tree that is ripe.... Grab the job and trust God to expose you to other opportunities in or outside your workplace... If you reject it, such hidden opportunities can never walk freely into your room.
Re: With 13 Years Experience, Will You Accept An N85,000 Job Offer? by Belafonte(m): 3:15pm On Jul 25, 2021
oluseg2:

It's easier said.

You think life is easy? If it was easy everybody would be Jeff Bezos na.

You don't know there are people that earn millions in the private sector in Nigeria and that these people are being worshipped by their bosses? grin

If you're looking for ease, please manage 85k after 13 years
Re: With 13 Years Experience, Will You Accept An N85,000 Job Offer? by kingscare1(m): 3:16pm On Jul 25, 2021
Belafonte:

You're just a fool. I employ, I don't answer yes sir or yes ma, that's why I understand value exchange
You make money but don't understand value, you're probably a scammer. Nobody who grows a business can be so stupid in real life

You no dey tire? Speaking English no dey tire you? Shoor! You just dey run your BIG pussy lips up and down like 13 years experienced ashawo.

Biitch go to work or today is church or go flex or go bang some pussxy or go to house fellowship or visit a friend or sleep if you don't know what to do with your BIG Pussy Bitcchy life. I'v moved on already My Biitch! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Niger Dock Plc Is Recruiting Now / What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? / Two Job Offers. I Am Confused

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.