Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,945 members, 7,814,200 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

With 13 Years Experience, Will You Accept An N85,000 Job Offer? - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / With 13 Years Experience, Will You Accept An N85,000 Job Offer? (22693 Views)

Graduate Begs For N18,000 Job On Facebook / N100,000 Job Or Five Million Naira Cash? / N40,000 Job In Ilorin Or N85,000 Job In Oron? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: With 13 Years Experience, Will You Accept An N85,000 Job Offer? by Myer(m): 3:17pm On Jul 25, 2021
farous:
Can a graduate with over 13 years working experience accept job offer of N85,000 monthly salary simply because the person's company had challenges and is out of job.

The daily transport to and fro to work is atleast N1,500 and such a person will still have to buy and eat morning and afternoon food,dress well and has a family. Above all,because of traffic and distance to workplace,such a person will be leaving house atleast by 5am and coming home can reach 10pm.

Is it worth it?,Kindly advise

Do you have an option?
If no, then accept the offer.
If yes, then there's no need for this thread. Try your other options instead.

The choice is yours.
However if you can still negotiate with the HR and present your wealth of experience and back it up with how it will boost either productivity or sales, then you just might get a better offer. Either increased salary or a better position as a manager.

Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: With 13 Years Experience, Will You Accept An N85,000 Job Offer? by Belafonte(m): 3:24pm On Jul 25, 2021
braine:

The only sensible comment on this thread.

With 13 years experience, OP should even have a side hustle in his line of business already!!

He should probably have gotten more certifications or degrees or something!

Like you rightly said, he probably deserves the nonsense he was offered. All we can do if to do plus and minus on how he can manage the underating salary.

For real. 13 years in any business is more than sufficient time to set up your own similar outfit or to gather enough skills from your daily tasks to be super useful elsewhere
Re: With 13 Years Experience, Will You Accept An N85,000 Job Offer? by Candycrushy(f): 3:29pm On Jul 25, 2021
Didi2d:

Am in Lagos

Okay sir
Re: With 13 Years Experience, Will You Accept An N85,000 Job Offer? by julius53: 3:31pm On Jul 25, 2021
Use the 13years experience to start your own business my guy
Re: With 13 Years Experience, Will You Accept An N85,000 Job Offer? by Hassanmaye(m): 3:32pm On Jul 25, 2021
MansoryMX:
Can you imagine the insult! Me personally that have never worked for anyone or company since I graduated from school in 2013 will never accept such offer let alone someone with a whole 13 years of experience. One thing about this is that if the said person accepts this shameful job offer now it’s like a virus and will spread to other firms and become a way of life in Nigeria. Suffer dey this country ooo
Is your father Rich? Or are you into crypto or bombing the internet AKA Yahoo
Re: With 13 Years Experience, Will You Accept An N85,000 Job Offer? by Hassanmaye(m): 3:33pm On Jul 25, 2021
MansoryMX:
Can you imagine the insult! Me personally that have never worked for anyone or company since I graduated from school in 2013 will never accept such offer let alone someone with a whole 13 years of experience. One thing about this is that if the said person accepts this shameful job offer now it’s like a virus and will spread to other firms and become a way of life in Nigeria. Suffer dey this country ooo
Because I know many doctors and computer science graduate earning 60k a month

1 Like

Re: With 13 Years Experience, Will You Accept An N85,000 Job Offer? by Solatium(m): 3:35pm On Jul 25, 2021
farous:
Can a graduate with over 13 years working experience accept job offer of N85,000 monthly salary simply because the person's company had challenges and is out of job.

The daily transport to and fro to work is atleast N1,500 and such a person will still have to buy and eat morning and afternoon food,dress well and has a family. Above all,because of traffic and distance to workplace,such a person will be leaving house atleast by 5am and coming home can reach 10pm.

Na hunger go fast track your decision, unfortunately by the time your mind is made up the offer may have lapsed.
Dey there dey ask questions
Re: With 13 Years Experience, Will You Accept An N85,000 Job Offer? by Solatium(m): 3:37pm On Jul 25, 2021
Luckydubby7:
Hmm
With 13 years work experience, u supposed to saved enough money to avoid desperation like this.

No matter what you saved if nothing Comes in in 3month you go grow lean bro.
He should take the job and be on the look out for a better one

2 Likes

Re: With 13 Years Experience, Will You Accept An N85,000 Job Offer? by Solatium(m): 3:38pm On Jul 25, 2021
Belafonte:
If after 13 years, you have not been able to increase your skill level to a point where employers would be scared of offering you 85k, then that's what you deserve.

Everyday you go to work, you must actively develop yourself to be worth what you want to earn from life.

Nobody pays you for time, they pay for your value. If you are worth 850k to them they'll pay you 850k. That is the reality. If you believe you are undervalued where you are, then prove it by offering your service and skills to other employers and see if they jump at your offer or not.

You don't determine your value, the market does.

The only sensible comment so far
Re: With 13 Years Experience, Will You Accept An N85,000 Job Offer? by MansoryMX(m): 3:44pm On Jul 25, 2021
Hassanmaye:

Because I know many doctors and computer science graduate earning 60k a month

God forbid! How much is bag of foreign rice I bought just yesterday here?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: With 13 Years Experience, Will You Accept An N85,000 Job Offer? by MansoryMX(m): 3:48pm On Jul 25, 2021
Hassanmaye:

Is your father Rich? Or are you into crypto or bombing the internet AKA Yahoo

You asked a very stupid question but I will give you the answer you are not looking for. My father has employees, my mother has employees and i have employees.

1 Like

Re: With 13 Years Experience, Will You Accept An N85,000 Job Offer? by Cecero(m): 3:52pm On Jul 25, 2021
Is the experience you have cognate to the new job?
If you don't have anything else doing, I think it's better you accept it and then look for something else from there. Resist the temptation of being idle. Your brains work better when you're busy. You discover better opportunities yl you're into something than when idle.

I graduated with 2.1 economics. I was in my parents house for 4 years after service jobless. I needed to relocate to Abj. I had no capable friends or any family that agreed to accommodate. I promised the only friend that agreed to accommodate me that I won't be a burden when I come over. He accepted. I came over there and immediately hunting for job. We lived in Mararaba yl I woke up every morning and jet off to Abj town. I went to one big hotel and presented my credentials. I was told no job for me, but I insisted and begged the GM. He said the only available job is security. I begged him to employ me there. I got the job and was wearing my uniform proudly.
Well, long story short, I was a security man for around 3 abi 4 months before an opportunity came up in the admin section and through internal offer, I was made a sales executive. I stayed there for some months before I made connections that got me a better job that I've been on for more than 8 years now. I earn around 500k monthly now cool

So, it depends on your mindset, but resist idleness. Whatsoever, thy hand findeth to do, do it with all thy might while NEVER loosing focus on your goal. Keep networking.

5 Likes

Re: With 13 Years Experience, Will You Accept An N85,000 Job Offer? by africanusvu(m): 3:56pm On Jul 25, 2021
What job is that and ur position,with such yrs of experience, you should be heading the section or a senior supervisor,then at that position salary sometimes dnt mater,other side attractions do come,i worked sometimes ago in a road construction as an assistant on #40k salary as a graduate but from there I married in mbaise(you know what it takes to Mary mbaise woman)I bought a car and started my building,it all depends if you play ur card well,i know many fuel attendant on 18k monthly salary who have buses and Keke on the road
Re: With 13 Years Experience, Will You Accept An N85,000 Job Offer? by 4four(m): 3:58pm On Jul 25, 2021
Pls my brother do not collect ham oooo, go apply for n-power instead
Re: With 13 Years Experience, Will You Accept An N85,000 Job Offer? by saintneo(m): 4:07pm On Jul 25, 2021
farous:

13 years experience in what? Is your experience relevant to the new organisation? If yes, then negotiate better; else I suggest you go into business.

Some employers might argue that your 13 years of experience was not productive else your previous company wouldn't have gone under.

Business is your final option.
Re: With 13 Years Experience, Will You Accept An N85,000 Job Offer? by ladychioma: 4:10pm On Jul 25, 2021
NO
Re: With 13 Years Experience, Will You Accept An N85,000 Job Offer? by Parcks(m): 4:20pm On Jul 25, 2021
Olumaeme:
It depends on the industry and how desperate the job seeker is for the job.

When I have 13yrs experience in my current industry, there's no way I'll accept anything less than 400k.

I'm privileged to earn that with 5 years exp.
Re: With 13 Years Experience, Will You Accept An N85,000 Job Offer? by Justpd: 4:20pm On Jul 25, 2021
post=104075210:
The truth is that, no matter what anyone tells you right here, right now,
At the end of the day : it all depends on you.

No one knows your current situation.
All the very best.....

We Rise.

Multiple account
Re: With 13 Years Experience, Will You Accept An N85,000 Job Offer? by streetsoldier1(m): 4:23pm On Jul 25, 2021
Hendtime:

Nobody needs to be taught self reliance in school, life is a better teacher

Yea... life is a better teacher, but i was taught in school, constant reminder every now and then plus the motto of my school and department boldly and clearly preaches that
Re: With 13 Years Experience, Will You Accept An N85,000 Job Offer? by Guyman111: 4:37pm On Jul 25, 2021
Na condition na him make crayfish bend

1 Like

Re: With 13 Years Experience, Will You Accept An N85,000 Job Offer? by miqos02(m): 4:37pm On Jul 25, 2021
thanks boss, you spoke my mind
Belafonte:
If after 13 years, you have not been able to increase your skill level to a point where employers would be scared of offering you 85k, then that's what you deserve.

Everyday you go to work, you must actively develop yourself to be worth what you want to earn from life.

Nobody pays you for time, they pay for your value. If you are worth 850k to them they'll pay you 850k. That is the reality. If you believe you are undervalued where you are, then prove it by offering your service and skills to other employers and see if they jump at your offer or not.

You don't determine your value, the market does.
Re: With 13 Years Experience, Will You Accept An N85,000 Job Offer? by anochuko01(m): 4:46pm On Jul 25, 2021
Luckydubby7:
Hmm
With 13 years work experience, u supposed to saved enough money to avoid desperation like this.

Sometimes I hate the word "save".
A graduate with 13 years experience is expected to have built himself through whatever means to be worth at least 200k in the labor market.

If your income doesn't increase over time, your so called savings would vanish in no time.
Re: With 13 Years Experience, Will You Accept An N85,000 Job Offer? by Bahddo(m): 4:51pm On Jul 25, 2021
Nope. When I reach 13 years of work experience, I'd already be earning at least $10k per month.
Re: With 13 Years Experience, Will You Accept An N85,000 Job Offer? by mailemy(m): 4:59pm On Jul 25, 2021
Exactly. Save and start up your own biz or company.
Luckydubby7:
Hmm
Re: With 13 Years Experience, Will You Accept An N85,000 Job Offer? by LordVarys1: 5:12pm On Jul 25, 2021
If you are jobless. Please accept
Re: With 13 Years Experience, Will You Accept An N85,000 Job Offer? by Hassanmaye(m): 5:18pm On Jul 25, 2021
MansoryMX:

You asked a very stupid question but I will give you the answer you are not looking for. My father has employees, my mother has employees and i have employees.
Is just a question, stop being emotional on things
Re: With 13 Years Experience, Will You Accept An N85,000 Job Offer? by Hassanmaye(m): 5:19pm On Jul 25, 2021
MansoryMX:

God forbid! How much is bag of foreign rice I bought just yesterday here?
Sir is the reality, you can confirm it
Re: With 13 Years Experience, Will You Accept An N85,000 Job Offer? by sisisioge: 5:24pm On Jul 25, 2021
No!
Re: With 13 Years Experience, Will You Accept An N85,000 Job Offer? by NamelessOGBENI(m): 5:24pm On Jul 25, 2021
13 years experience...

That's freaking enough to get some bucks and fix your life up but I don't know if life happened along the way..
Re: With 13 Years Experience, Will You Accept An N85,000 Job Offer? by Didi2d(m): 5:25pm On Jul 25, 2021
Candycrushy:

Okay sir

I sent you a DM, check pls.
Re: With 13 Years Experience, Will You Accept An N85,000 Job Offer? by Candycrushy(f): 5:28pm On Jul 25, 2021
Didi2d:

I sent you a DM, check pls.
Okay
Re: With 13 Years Experience, Will You Accept An N85,000 Job Offer? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jul 25, 2021
pocohantas:
13 years experience as what?
A secretary or typist?

Also the kind of organization you got your experience matters. If you spent 13yrs in a one man’s business in Ilorin, do not be surprised if a reputable organization doesn’t rate that experience.

This is asides other factors.

aunty wey * undecided would someone with solid 13yrs experience apply in an irrelevant field, and what has location got to do with experience rating,

aunty wey ** undecided kindly note not all one man's business are SMEs, globacom, AIT, ovation are owned by one man, whether illorin or abia is highly irrelevant.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? / La Fayette Microfinance Test / Two Job Offers. I Am Confused

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.