Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,974 members, 7,821,409 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

Agents And Landlords Exploit House Seekers In Lagos - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Agents And Landlords Exploit House Seekers In Lagos (29490 Views)

Thread To Request Or Connect With Roommates/flatmates Seekers In Nigeria Here_ / Different Types Of Nigerian Landlords (meme Collection) / Fashola Tells Landlords To Collect Rents In Arrears (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Agents And Landlords Exploit House Seekers In Lagos by ElprimaHomes: 12:02am On Aug 27, 2021
dvkot:
10000% true.. And i have witnessed it, my brother rented house DIRECTLY from the landlord and baba still collect agent and agreement fee. I weak for those criminal agent and i wonder why the governor is not looking into this rot in the housing sector.
What is the money for form used for?
Still you will be the one to pay for their transportation
And they will still collect 50,80 or N100k
For what nah? Which work did they do?

Searching for vacant apartments is serious work bro.
Re: Agents And Landlords Exploit House Seekers In Lagos by Abudu2000(m): 12:47am On Aug 27, 2021
Lagosfinder:
Bad agents are making it look like all agents are bad
my friend keep quiet there, you are worse
Re: Agents And Landlords Exploit House Seekers In Lagos by Abudu2000(m): 1:03am On Aug 27, 2021
the housing problem in lagos didnt start today and it cn only get worse with the rate in inmigration from other states. dm me now to get your houseplan design at a budget rate and become a landlord soon.

Re: Agents And Landlords Exploit House Seekers In Lagos by Elxandre(m): 1:05am On Aug 27, 2021
hoyze24:
I just got an apartment in Ibadan today, a 2 bedroom for 420k. Rent is 300 while agreement is 120k.
Which area boss?
Re: Agents And Landlords Exploit House Seekers In Lagos by Helpfromabove1(m): 2:40am On Aug 27, 2021
pocohantas:
Must we go through agents to rent/buy properties?

The ones in Lagos collect 10% of the rent. I have even heard of some that negotiated their charges and it was above 10%. Some of them inflate the cost of the property. Some rent one apartment out to multiple people. They charge inspection fees and the annoying part is that they sometimes end up taking you to an abysmal or totally different property.

Are there landlords here that rent out their properties without using agents? How has it been?

I love and enjoy renting out my property directly with out using agent , just post it online on either jiji or nigeria property centre
Re: Agents And Landlords Exploit House Seekers In Lagos by Helpfromabove1(m): 2:45am On Aug 27, 2021
dvkot:
10000% true.. And i have witnessed it, my brother rented house DIRECTLY from the landlord and baba still collect agent and agreement fee. I weak for those criminal agent and i wonder why the governor is not looking into this rot in the housing sector.
What is the money for form used for?
Still you will be the one to pay for their transportation
And they will still collect 50,80 or N100k
For what nah? Which work did they do?

Agency fee is wrong but agreement fee is a most, it legalize the term of the contract between you and the landlord but the amount should be very reasonable not something like 50k , 10k or 20k is reasonable
Re: Agents And Landlords Exploit House Seekers In Lagos by Jerry299: 6:35am On Aug 27, 2021
I dey find house for that side.. Send me a whatsapp message please. 08169222615. Abeg I need am urgently

kriss27:
This is total true, their is nothing like lying here ! Though it differs in areas, I recently rented a single room apartment at Olodi Apapa Ajegunle side for 168000 thousand, agent and agreement was 120000 and the rent 48000 ! There was no agents, the Landlord still insisted on that amount! Was introduced to the house by a tenant there
Re: Agents And Landlords Exploit House Seekers In Lagos by bonario1: 11:57am On Aug 27, 2021
I currently have newly built 2 bedroom flat with 3 toilet for rent at sango ota, oju ore iyana ilogbo with borehole water, 150k per annum, agreement and commission #40k if you are interested you can chat or call me on this number 08073147786.

In fact am in a dilemma now
Cos I am dire looking for a house
A room and parlor
Preferably at Sango Ota
But the agents I met are making
Things difficult for me
Cos am not In a high paying jobs
He s demanding 70k extra
On a 80k / annum apartment

Donno really know what to do
Cos my families really needs it [/quote]
Re: Agents And Landlords Exploit House Seekers In Lagos by bonario1: 12:04pm On Aug 27, 2021
Yes ooo building materials are very expensive now even with workmanship and some tenant after getting an apartment they failed to pay the landlord as the due date even owning rent for more than a year hence, it get the landlord furstrated. some landlord has the property as their only source of income and some tenant are so wicked.

Same here. And to even talk about the cost of materials these days, it's crazy. They won't understand until it's their time to build theirs.[/quote]
Re: Agents And Landlords Exploit House Seekers In Lagos by Viccur(m): 1:55pm On Aug 27, 2021
Ibadan agents are greedy mofos. A house of 210k but total package is 400k. Who does that better than them. Landlords are not helping matters as well, they blindly hand their properties to these guys.
Re: Agents And Landlords Exploit House Seekers In Lagos by akeeng: 8:27pm On Aug 29, 2021
pocohantas:

This is crazy. If I have a BQ like that, I doubt I would rent it out o. Would use it as CSR for corps members or jobseekers. lipsrsealed
I’m new Lagos corper. I need a place to stay. Any accommodation available for me please?
Re: Agents And Landlords Exploit House Seekers In Lagos by pocohantas(f): 8:31pm On Aug 30, 2021
akeeng:
I’m new Lagos corper. I need a place to stay. Any accommodation available for me please?

As you no see the IF, kuku come my place. Make two of us sleep for my spring bed together. Olo-do. grin

1 Like

Re: Agents And Landlords Exploit House Seekers In Lagos by akeeng: 7:46am On Aug 31, 2021
pocohantas:

As you no see the IF, kuku come my place. Make two of us sleep for my spring bed together. Olo-do. grin
I honestly don’t mind. As long as I have roof on my head.
Re: Agents And Landlords Exploit House Seekers In Lagos by pocohantas(f): 11:33am On Aug 31, 2021
akeeng:
I honestly don’t mind. As long as I have roof on my head.

You know the number to call. cool
Re: Agents And Landlords Exploit House Seekers In Lagos by akeeng: 12:11pm On Aug 31, 2021
pocohantas:

You know the number to call. cool
112 and 199 wey nobody dey answer. Those emergency numbers are fake sis.

Okay make I find help go front ✌�
Re: Agents And Landlords Exploit House Seekers In Lagos by EmperorShizzy: 6:13pm On Sep 04, 2021
pocohantas:

Hi Pocochantas, I'm trying to get to you ma'am please can you check the message I sent
Re: Agents And Landlords Exploit House Seekers In Lagos by pocohantas(f): 6:26pm On Sep 04, 2021
EmperorShizzy:

Hi Pocochantas, I'm trying to get to you ma'am please can you check the message I sent

Hello,

Yes I got your message and I planned quoting you over it here. Totally forgot. Please share the message here. Thanks
Re: Agents And Landlords Exploit House Seekers In Lagos by EmperorShizzy: 10:10pm On Sep 04, 2021
pocohantas:

Hello,

Yes I got your message and I planned quoting you over it here. Totally forgot. Please share the message here. Thanks

I'm sorry ma'am, It's quite confidential please
Re: Agents And Landlords Exploit House Seekers In Lagos by pocohantas(f): 10:47pm On Sep 04, 2021
EmperorShizzy:

I'm sorry ma'am, It's quite confidential please

I’m sorry Sir, I don’t have confidential conversations with NL males.

Regards

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Agents And Landlords Exploit House Seekers In Lagos by hoyze24: 8:46pm On Sep 07, 2021
Elxandre:

Which area boss?
Gbekugba after Idi ishin in eleyele side
Re: Agents And Landlords Exploit House Seekers In Lagos by Elxandre(m): 9:55pm On Sep 07, 2021
hoyze24:

Gbekugba after Idi ishin in eleyele side
Is the area secure? Burglars disturb too much in ib.
Re: Agents And Landlords Exploit House Seekers In Lagos by Nobody: 2:35pm On Sep 08, 2021
SarutobiEky:
Please o. I'm looking for a self con to stay at yaba, anybody needs room mates should lemme know biko.

Hello, have you seen anyone?
Re: Agents And Landlords Exploit House Seekers In Lagos by Boye33: 6:41pm On Sep 08, 2021
melbet:

Hello, have you seen anyone?

Hii, do you have anyone available?
Re: Agents And Landlords Exploit House Seekers In Lagos by hoyze24: 7:57pm On Sep 08, 2021
Elxandre:

Is the area secure? Burglars disturb too much in ib.
Haven't had any case of forgery since I've been in Ibadan. Been two years now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? / Cheapest Place To Rent A 2 Bedroom Flat In Lagos | Co-tenant / Flooding About To Collapse A House In Imo As Woman Cries For Ihedioha’s Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.