Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,030 members, 7,810,836 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:38 PM

Media, Supporters Barred As Igboho’s Cotonou Trial Resumes Behind Closed Doors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Media, Supporters Barred As Igboho’s Cotonou Trial Resumes Behind Closed Doors (25122 Views)

Kano Guber: Journalists Barred As Tribunal Rules On APC Petition / Journalists Barred As APC Screens Tinubu, Amaechi, Others / Journalists Barred As Court Announces Secret Trial For Nnamdi Kanu, Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Media, Supporters Barred As Igboho’s Cotonou Trial Resumes Behind Closed Doors by powerfulguy: 2:39pm On Jul 26, 2021
Journalists and supporters of Sunday Adeyemo, the Yoruba Nation activist popularly known Sunday Igboho, have been barred from witnessing his hearing.

Igboho’s supporters have been in court as early as 7:30am on Monday, anticipating the arrival of the Yoruba youth leader, who has been in detention since Thursday.

There was, however, no sign of Igboho. Many detainees were brought to court for hearing in minibuses, but none of those buses had Igboho in them.

His trial was scheduled for 10am on Monday.

A source within the courts, however, told TheCable that Igboho had been brought to court earlier than anyone else to avoid the possibility of any drama or clash.

The court staff added that Igboho was now at the “phase of law enforcement” in the court, and was currently indoors with the prosecutor in charge.

Idris Oladejo, Igboho’s cleric, also confirmed to TheCable that his friend, whom he “had been fasting and praying for, is in court”.

Beninese monarch who came to court to support Igboho has also been sitting outside the courtroom.

Police officers, Igboho’s supporters, other detainees and journalists are outside anticipating information from the prosecutor’s office.

Igboho’s lawyer has also been seen going in and out of the chamber.

Igboho and his wife, Ropo, were arrested at an airport in Cotonou last week, and detained at the request of the Nigerian government.

His lawyers requested the release of his wife on the grounds that she had committed no offence against the Nigerian state.

On Thursday, the court answered the prayers and ordered her release and a return of her passport.

Igboho was taken to detention, where he has been up until Monday.

The charges against the Yoruba Nation activist border on arms smuggling, inciting violence and calling for a secession of the Yoruba from the Nigerian state.

Igboho and his lawyers have denied all allegations levelled against him.

https://www.thecable.ng/media-supporters-barred-as-igbohos-cotonou-trial-resumes-behind-closed-doors/amp

Re: Media, Supporters Barred As Igboho’s Cotonou Trial Resumes Behind Closed Doors by NwaNimo1(m): 2:57pm On Jul 26, 2021

48 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Media, Supporters Barred As Igboho’s Cotonou Trial Resumes Behind Closed Doors by Xucxex1997: 2:57pm On Jul 26, 2021
This nwanimo self undecided
I dey feel say na Nwamaikpe dey control that monicker
Back to the topic
IDGAF if the trial is held behind closed or open doors what matters most is justice should be served .
If you ask me I can't point out a single offence Igboho or KANU committed

46 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Media, Supporters Barred As Igboho’s Cotonou Trial Resumes Behind Closed Doors by PCG001: 2:57pm On Jul 26, 2021
wнιcн ĸιnd waнala вe тнιѕ❓❓

7 Likes

Re: Media, Supporters Barred As Igboho’s Cotonou Trial Resumes Behind Closed Doors by TheWolfen(m): 2:57pm On Jul 26, 2021
Free igboho!
The Fulani agenda has already been exposed. . .
Buharri gra gra will only lead Nigeria to another civil war. . .
After the reign of this evil and poverty distribution government then the Fulani will pay dearly for their crimes

31 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Media, Supporters Barred As Igboho’s Cotonou Trial Resumes Behind Closed Doors by Zico5(m): 2:57pm On Jul 26, 2021
To be sincere, there is no justice in Africa. If u are born in this shit hole continent, better find Ur way out as soon as possible. One thing I have promised myself is that I will try all I could to make sure my children don't suffer same fate with me. I just pray God have mercy on Sunday Igboho. I know Yoruba elders are trying but they should intensify their effort so that he won't be brought back to this country. Buhari is a devilish human.

55 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Media, Supporters Barred As Igboho’s Cotonou Trial Resumes Behind Closed Doors by Femmyfestus: 2:57pm On Jul 26, 2021
They will release him and he is going back to germany

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Media, Supporters Barred As Igboho’s Cotonou Trial Resumes Behind Closed Doors by Sunshyne200(m): 2:57pm On Jul 26, 2021
We hope for the best..

Whatever it is

1 Like

Re: Media, Supporters Barred As Igboho’s Cotonou Trial Resumes Behind Closed Doors by inumidun2010(m): 2:57pm On Jul 26, 2021
GOD HELP HIM....

1 Like

Re: Media, Supporters Barred As Igboho’s Cotonou Trial Resumes Behind Closed Doors by ifeanyibxt: 2:57pm On Jul 26, 2021
Tryant everywhere...

1 Like

Re: Media, Supporters Barred As Igboho’s Cotonou Trial Resumes Behind Closed Doors by Llight101(m): 2:57pm On Jul 26, 2021
A
Re: Media, Supporters Barred As Igboho’s Cotonou Trial Resumes Behind Closed Doors by EmmanuelScott1(m): 2:57pm On Jul 26, 2021
Cotonu and Nigeria court applying buhari orders undecided

5 Likes

Re: Media, Supporters Barred As Igboho’s Cotonou Trial Resumes Behind Closed Doors by LegalWolf: 2:58pm On Jul 26, 2021
You see that the Nigerian legal system is quite better than that of Benin, despite its lapses. At least, there were accredited media houses in Nigeria for NK’s trial. And at that, I don’t understand the fuming for restricting journalists. On a norms, FHC are not too spacious and there’s a limit to the number of people it can take. Coupled with the fact that NK’s case is sensitive, I see reason in the actions of the FHC.

On Igboho’s trial, I wish him luck. I think he is crude and a fraudster. But in any event, I want justice to prevail.

It’s gonna be a long watch and I can’t wait for the twists and drama (for NK and him). Let’s see how it’ll end

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Media, Supporters Barred As Igboho’s Cotonou Trial Resumes Behind Closed Doors by McOluOmo: 2:58pm On Jul 26, 2021
kabnafs:
I hope for a favourable judgement for Chief Igboho
we dey watch
praiseneo:
These barbing saloon furnitures are for sale
Around Abulegba Lagos

2 mirrors
1 Long Queue chair
2 chairs for customers
1 cabinet/drawer

All in good condition
Call or WhatsApp
0 8 0 6 7 6 6 2 0 0 4
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share
be like say baba wan benjonson leave us oo

3 Likes

Re: Media, Supporters Barred As Igboho’s Cotonou Trial Resumes Behind Closed Doors by Moratabby(m): 2:58pm On Jul 26, 2021
Nigerian propaganda
Re: Media, Supporters Barred As Igboho’s Cotonou Trial Resumes Behind Closed Doors by Seniorwriter(m): 2:58pm On Jul 26, 2021
As expected based on international pressure and interests in the case.

Very interesting times ahead.

@SeniorWriter
Re: Media, Supporters Barred As Igboho’s Cotonou Trial Resumes Behind Closed Doors by JoeEeL(m): 2:58pm On Jul 26, 2021
SHAME TO THE CONFUSED FOULANI CALIF-HATE.

THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THEY'RE PURSUING AGAIN.
Re: Media, Supporters Barred As Igboho’s Cotonou Trial Resumes Behind Closed Doors by SoftP(m): 2:58pm On Jul 26, 2021
Dem go use igboho case take settle border issues ‘

Nigeria & Cotonou govt are birds of a kind

Who nor fear dis man ehn

5 Likes

Re: Media, Supporters Barred As Igboho’s Cotonou Trial Resumes Behind Closed Doors by Olarewaju89: 2:59pm On Jul 26, 2021
My man, you will come out with victory.

All the zombies miscreant shall be put to shame today.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Media, Supporters Barred As Igboho’s Cotonou Trial Resumes Behind Closed Doors by bigdammyj: 2:59pm On Jul 26, 2021
Noted
Re: Media, Supporters Barred As Igboho’s Cotonou Trial Resumes Behind Closed Doors by Kaybee14(m): 2:59pm On Jul 26, 2021
It is well.
Re: Media, Supporters Barred As Igboho’s Cotonou Trial Resumes Behind Closed Doors by ubaobi: 2:59pm On Jul 26, 2021
k
Re: Media, Supporters Barred As Igboho’s Cotonou Trial Resumes Behind Closed Doors by Authoreety: 2:59pm On Jul 26, 2021
Wetin buhari talk?
Re: Media, Supporters Barred As Igboho’s Cotonou Trial Resumes Behind Closed Doors by praiseneo(m): 2:59pm On Jul 26, 2021
These barbing saloon furnitures are for sale
Around Abulegba Lagos

2 mirrors
1 Long Queue chair
2 chairs for customers
1 cabinet/drawer

All in good condition
Call or WhatsApp
0 8 0 6 7 6 6 2 0 0 4
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share

Re: Media, Supporters Barred As Igboho’s Cotonou Trial Resumes Behind Closed Doors by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jul 26, 2021
Let's be hopeful Beninese judiciary would be fair to both parties.

Femmyfestus:
They will release him and he is going back to germany

Just like that?

1 Like

Re: Media, Supporters Barred As Igboho’s Cotonou Trial Resumes Behind Closed Doors by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jul 26, 2021
Okay
Re: Media, Supporters Barred As Igboho’s Cotonou Trial Resumes Behind Closed Doors by kabnafs(m): 3:00pm On Jul 26, 2021
I hope for a favourable judgement for Chief Igboho
Re: Media, Supporters Barred As Igboho’s Cotonou Trial Resumes Behind Closed Doors by moscobabs(m): 3:00pm On Jul 26, 2021
hunnmm..longtin
Re: Media, Supporters Barred As Igboho’s Cotonou Trial Resumes Behind Closed Doors by Naijawhyy: 3:00pm On Jul 26, 2021
Useless country
Re: Media, Supporters Barred As Igboho’s Cotonou Trial Resumes Behind Closed Doors by Julianaa: 3:00pm On Jul 26, 2021
Crazy how Sowore, kanu and Igboho are in prison right now, while the real criminals in the governments and bandits that kidnaps students for ransom, are still walking free and not being treated with the language they understand

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Media, Supporters Barred As Igboho’s Cotonou Trial Resumes Behind Closed Doors by madaembee: 3:01pm On Jul 26, 2021
embarassed angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu Dancing 'Ijo Eko' With Orji Uzor Kalu And Ngige (Throwback Video) / Video Of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo's Visit To Bola Tinubu In Abuja / PDP Governors Reject Amaechi's Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.