Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

Lord Luggard's Assertion Regarding The Hausa Fulani - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lord Luggard's Assertion Regarding The Hausa Fulani (2766 Views)

Reno Omokri Replies Osinbajo's Road Assertion / What Right Does Luggard Has To Proclaim Me Nigeria, That Nnamdi Kanu Dont Have / Lord Luggard's View About Hausa-fulani Before His Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lord Luggard's Assertion Regarding The Hausa Fulani by gonzaga: 3:53pm On May 15, 2011
I came acros this quote which is contained in the hand over notes Lord Luggard wrote to his colleague, Walter H Lang on the 25th of September 1918. The quote reads interalai:

''The Hausa-Fulani has no ideals, no ambitions save such as sensual in character. He is a fatalist, spendthrift and a gambler. He is gravely immoral and is seriously diseased that he is a menace to any community to which he seeks to attach himself"

Was Luggard right? Is this the reason why there have been crisis every where the Hausa-fulani has tried to attach themselves like jos and co? What is the way forward?

Critical views are welcomed.

1 Like

Re: Lord Luggard's Assertion Regarding The Hausa Fulani by owobokiri(m): 6:14pm On May 15, 2011
Read that quote somewhere before. Not sure if that statement was made by Lugard since i havent checked personally. But if he really said so, that is very telling. From one riot to another, you have to wonder why they cant get tired.
Re: Lord Luggard's Assertion Regarding The Hausa Fulani by cap28: 8:10pm On May 15, 2011
divide and conquer tactics used by the colonial master - a very effective way of keeping us fighting among ourselves - you've got to take your hat off to the cunning nature of the oyibo.
Re: Lord Luggard's Assertion Regarding The Hausa Fulani by Nobody: 8:58am On May 16, 2011
Stupd and mad Lugard, i feel like stranglng d man and hs family. F nt dat im a born again, i would have said his generations alive will never know peace! If he knows such about hausa-fulanis, den why joining dem wt d rest of us, why nt group them into a separate national entity?
Re: Lord Luggard's Assertion Regarding The Hausa Fulani by OmoTier1(m): 1:46pm On May 16, 2011
haha, i can see what ignorance can do to a people.

Read that article again, the go back and study the grammatical construction in the era referred to in your article, you will realize that the article is another 'invented facts'.
Re: Lord Luggard's Assertion Regarding The Hausa Fulani by aljharem3: 6:17pm On May 16, 2011
this igbo people don start again angry undecided

(1) (Reply)

Suspected Suicide Bomber Nabbed At Living Faith Kaduna / Iran Generating 76,800 MW And Exporting Power Despite Being Under Sanctions!!! / PHOTO: Tafawa Balewa Relaxing On Vacation With His Children In 1963

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.