Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,637 members, 7,861,961 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 01:53 AM

Staying With Your Mother Inlaw - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Staying With Your Mother Inlaw (23077 Views)

Man Gifts Wife A Car For Staying With Him When He Had Just A Motorcycle / My Sister-In-Law Staying With Us Atimes Knows When We Are Making Love.Pls Advise / “my Sick Wife Denied Me Staying With Her. I Look After Her Business” – Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by ImaIma1(f): 4:46pm On Aug 07, 2021
Sotland:

Different strokes for different forks. For me, any DIL who can't manage her MIL has a questionable character. It amuse me how today's girls are so quick to judging their MIL from afar. Pathetic.

What if it is the MIL that has a questionable character? If her own children cannot manage her, why would the daughter inlaw be accused of a questionable character for not managing her.

What you should know is that MILs are human beings, they were also young girls before. So they too have faults. They can manipulate and play tricks. I speak from experience.

I never planned not to be close to mine, but it's inevitable.
Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by Munzy14(m): 5:42pm On Aug 07, 2021
mariahAngel:

Of course.

Peace wu ultimate o!

I believe animals make old people live longer.
They’re good company. cheesy

Ha si a wu’m nne nna nna’m.
My late grandfather treated me special...a bit than the others.

Gi e chere aka nara okwaya? grin

They actually love them.
I learnt from my grandfather not to treat animals badly.
One time, my grandfather’s goats went grazing by themselves, but when they came back in the evening, he counted them and found out they were incomplete.
He said the missing one must have lost his way home, and it was already getting dark.
My grandfather took his flashlight to go look for the missing goat, and he did not return till he found it.
Every time I remember it, it reminds me of that parable of the lost sheep.

True.
cheesy E ji hu m peace of mind Egwuriegwu o...It is a huge determinant for longevity and achievement.

Old people understands life more as they age...Anyi nwa o ka na efe godi anyi efe n'isi..

Do you believe in Reincarnation?

Ehe nu naa..E ji m a nara o..O nwere onye e tinyere sugar na onu ya gbupu ya..grin
As a little boy then i collect...But mgbe toro, I was the one giving her till she passed on..Uwa wu give and take.

My grandma feeds her local birds like normal Agric ones....She simply hits empty cup and u need to see the race from all angle...The birds in the bush will race down to feed...

It reminds me of Ivan Pavlov experiment...for conditioned reflex action.

Ndi mpa na mma wu coded scientists..cheesy
Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by mariahAngel(f): 6:45pm On Aug 07, 2021
Munzy14:

cheesy E ji hu m peace of mind Egwuriegwu o...It is a huge determinant for longevity and achievement.
Of course.

Old people understands life more as they age...Anyi nwa o ka na efe godi anyi efe n'isi..

When you get close to them, you learn more about life from them.

Do you believe in Reincarnation?

I never used to take it serious, but I think I kind of do now.
I once thought we all might be old souls in new bodies, but I’m not sure.

Ehe nu naa..E ji m a nara o..O nwere onye e tinyere sugar na onu ya gbupu ya..grin
As a little boy then i collect...But mgbe toro, I was the one giving her till she passed on..Uwa wu give and take.

Gi were zuru akara taa. cheesy

My grandma feeds her local birds like normal Agric ones....She simply hits empty cup and u need to see the race from all angle...The birds in the bush will race down to feed...

It reminds me of Ivan Pavlov experiment...for conditioned reflex action.

Ndi mpa na mma wu coded scientists..cheesy

I believe every living thing has intelligence, including plants...how much more animals.

Scientists kwa? cheesy
Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by Munzy14(m): 7:17pm On Aug 07, 2021
mariahAngel:

Of course.

When you get close to them, you learn more about life from them.

I never used to take it serious, but I think I kind of do now.
I once thought we all might be old souls in new bodies, but I’m not sure.

Gi were zuru akara taa. cheesy

I believe every living thing has intelligence, including plants...how much more animals.

Scientists kwa? cheesy
True...

O nwere ihe mere i jiri take wa ya serious? Or did you found yourself doing somethings the former life does?

Yes, my dad will say so...We are old souls in a new body...Those that are powerful before will still remain powerful...

Like mine, my grandpa was an only son to his father..so he faced too many struggles...He said next life...He will have brothers and they will not joke with him...

A lot he said...of which even my uncles can testify..

A lot of them say their sons na same...but mpa m si my own wu more authentic...as those ones na only sons in their nuclear family..

The whole thing made me start believing.....Too many things to keep heads up.

Akara, fried fish,bread, coconutpie etc....childhood snacks..cheesy we buy and eat under staircase ..grin

Chai...Me and my brothers we disturb eeh...Just hide make momsy no catch u..cheesy

I laugh reminiscing childhood...mad fun..

Yes plants are intelligent and even communicates.....

If you live in serene environment you will appreciate nature.
Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by bukatyne(f): 8:13pm On Aug 07, 2021
descarado:

Vicious circle.
When husbands don't care for their wives , they turn all the love and attention to their sons. When son finally become man and relationship with husbands have ended to housemates or the man is dead, the mum wouldn't want to come to terms that her small boy is now and adult who need his freedom. You talk, she will come with emotional blackmail and crocodile tears

Boy/man will look back and yes, she was there for me so I must think of her first, any other person is secondary.

That's how more than 70% of men find themselves in this situation. And guess what?
They repeat the same stuff their dad did to their wives. Already,mum first wifey, you are on you own. Wifey will join herself with her new son.
And the circle continues.

Very much on point kiss

It is a loveless marriage that would make a MIL start dragging with her DIL over who is more important to the son.

If she has her husband alive and in a good relationship with him, mama would be thinking of how to rest and enjoy her husband.

If her husband is dead and she was happy with him, she wants to spend her days cherishing the memories they built.

Same MIL suddenly knows how to comport herself in her daughter's house.

It is well with them all.

1 Like

Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by mariahAngel(f): 9:56pm On Aug 07, 2021
Munzy14:

True...

O nwere ihe mere i jiri take wa ya serious? Or did you found yourself doing somethings the former life does?

Me? No.
It was about one of my maternal uncles. When his wife was pregnant with their second son, someone appeared to her in the dream and told her I’m back!
She got scared, but didn’t tell anyone.

Then my uncle (the husband) and his younger brother happened to have similar dreams about someone telling them I’m back!
One thing led to another, and they found themselves discussing their dreams, and were surprised how similar the dreams were.
It turned out that they had an elder brother who fought in the Biafran war but never returned (they never found his body to bury).
So, they concluded it was him.
Even today, my uncle calls that his son Nwannennaya.

Yes, my dad will say so...We are old souls in a new body...Those that are powerful before will still remain powerful...

Like mine, my grandpa was an only son to his father..so he faced too many struggles...He said next life...He will have brothers and they will not joke with him...

A lot he said...of which even my uncles can testify..

A lot of them say their sons na same...but mpa m si my own wu more authentic...as those ones na only sons in their nuclear family..

The whole thing made me start believing.....Too many things to keep heads up.

I wu diokpara?

Akara, fried fish,bread, coconutpie etc....childhood snacks..cheesy we buy and eat under staircase ..grin

Chai...Me and my brothers we disturb eeh...Just hide make momsy no catch u..cheesy

I laugh reminiscing childhood...mad fun..

Coconut pie? I have never heard of it. cheesy
Ngwa share the recipe. grin

Yes plants are intelligent and even communicates.....

If you live in serene environment you will appreciate nature.

In a natural environment like the village is where I belong.
The truth is, not everybody that lives in the city is meant to be there.
As I am, I can never dream of traveling abroad. Too far from home.
Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by Munzy14(m): 10:11pm On Aug 07, 2021
mariahAngel:

Me? No.
It was about one of my maternal uncles. When his wife was pregnant with their second son, someone appeared to her in the dream and told her I’m back!
She got scared, but didn’t tell anyone.

Then my uncle (the husband) and his younger brother happened to have similar dreams about someone telling them I’m back!
One thing led to another, and they found themselves discussing their dreams, and were surprised how similar the dreams were.
It turned out that they had an elder brother who fought in the Biafran war but never returned (they never found his body to bury).
So, they concluded it was him.
Even today, my uncle calls that his son Nwannennaya.

I wu diokpara?

Coconut pie? I have never heard of it. cheesy
Ngwa share the recipe. grin

In a natural environment like the village is where I belong.
The truth is, not everybody that lives in the city is meant to be there.
As I am, I can never dream of traveling abroad. Too far from home.
Wow..That was deep...My dad calls me Nnannaya...He said his Dad had special like on him...When I was given birth to, he wasn't there...Went on a special duty...So he returned to visit us in the hospital... on sighting me, I held his hands..at just few days old...cheesy...Mpa m wu onye akuko...Onye kochara anyi otu o si hu mma mu, gbaya TT...Their courtship days etc...grin

Then one of my bro, is ogonnaya...They said its my maternal grandpa.

Smh...I am first....E chekwa m ma ima....cheesy

Yes coconut pie was a junk snack we had then in my hood...Its like rectangle shaped and fluffy like smaller bread...They use coconut oil on it like we have in vanila for flavour..

Then a set is 160naira...

For 10pcs...very cheap...My dad will say mgbe ihe di mma...grin

Hmmmm, Interesting to know...I love serene Environment...Maybe that influenced my passion for Agro life..

So Ihu Di shi abroad, i ga ahu ekwe?
Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by Sotland: 11:11pm On Aug 07, 2021
ImaIma1:

What if it is the MIL that has a questionable character? If her own children cannot manage her, why would the daughter inlaw be accused of a questionable character for not managing her.

What you should know is that MILs are human beings, they were also young girls before. So they too have faults. They can manipulate and play tricks. I speak from experience.

I never planned not to be close to mine, but it's inevitable.

If MIL has a questionable character, she will exhibit it while the DIL is courting her husband.. Nevetheless, all I am saying is that the young girls of today should stop judging MIL from afar. Because of the odd stories they hear and read, they are quick to rejecting MIL from afar.. In African context, Marriage is not BTW Husby and wifey, It is BTW two families.. Well, Women have problem for their kind. Practically three men can live in a single room for 6yrs without no problem but three women cannot live in a single room without no problem, they must have issues.. But the truth is DIL should honor her MIL cos times shall come when she will be become MIL too...
Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by ImaIma1(f): 11:42pm On Aug 07, 2021
Sotland:

If MIL has a questionable character, she will exhibit it while the DIL is courting her husband.. Nevetheless, all I am saying is that the young girls of today should stop judging MIL from afar. Because of the odd stories they hear and read, they are quick to rejecting MIL from afar.. In African context, Marriage is not BTW Husby and wifey, It is BTW two families.. Well, Women have problem for their kind. Practically three men can live in a single room for 6yrs without no problem but three women cannot live in a single room without no problem, they must have issues.. But the truth is DIL should honor her MIL cos times shall come when she will be become MIL too...

Personally, I don't think there should be any mystery about MILs. It's not only the young ladies that judge the mother inlaw from afar. The MIL also puts up a front even before meeting the DIL.

The fault doesn't always lie with the DIL like some of you make it seem. Older people should not be given a pass just because of their age. When they are wrong, let it also be pointed out. MILs should also learn to accept their DILs and stop trying to interfere.
Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by Sotland: 11:54pm On Aug 07, 2021
ImaIma1:

Personally, I don't think there should be any mystery about MILs. It's not only the young ladies that judge the mother inlaw from afar. The MIL also puts up a front even before meeting the DIL.

The fault doesn't always lie with the DIL like some of you make it seem. Older people should not be given a pass just because of their age. When they are wrong, let it also be pointed out. MILs should also learn to accept their DILs and stop trying to interfere.

Do I hear you say interfere? So if the Son is dieing silently, the parents shouldn't interfere but watch their DIL send their son to early grave? That's funny.. Like it or not, there is always someone to mediate btw husby n wifey..

Like I said before women or women problem.. if DIL could love, cherish and honour her mother irrespective of her flaws, I see no reason why DIL shouldn't honour love, cherish and honour her MIL. If DIL don't want her MIL close, she doesn't honor her, so two ways about it. BTW I say, Africans have derail from their culture and adopting the wrong side of the western culture or not applying it properly and that has been a huge problem in this part of the word..
Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by ImaIma1(f): 12:21am On Aug 08, 2021
Sotland:

Do I hear you say interfere? So if the Son is dieing silently, the parents shouldn't interfere but watch their DIL send their son to early grave? That's funny.. Like it or not, there is always someone to mediate btw husby n wifey..

Like I said before women or women problem.. if DIL could love, cherish and honour her mother irrespective of her flaws, I see no reason why DIL shouldn't honour love, cherish and honour her MIL. If DIL don't want her MIL close, she doesn't honor her, so two ways about it. BTW I say, Africans have derail from their culture and adopting the wrong side of the western culture or not applying it properly and that has been a huge problem in this part of the word..

I am sure you know what I mean by interfere. Once a man is married, the mother has to respect the marriage and allow them be. She cannot come and make decisions in the house or exact any kind of authority.

If they need someone to mediate, shouldn't it be a neutral person, and not someone that would take sides? Definitely not his mum. The father is even better.

I for one respect my MIL. That's why I maintain a safe distance. Getting close to her is difficult because I have been burnt several times. Even she herself had to apologize to me when she was leaving our place after omugwo because she knew she offended me and I was cool about it.

For some people, respecting them is putting them at a distance so that you don't speak your mind and spoil everything. My FIL is the one I talk to more.
Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by ImaIma1(f): 12:50am On Aug 08, 2021
bukatyne:

Very much on point kiss

It is a loveless marriage that would make a MIL start dragging with her DIL over who is more important to the son.

If she has her husband alive and in a good relationship with him, mama would be thinking of how to rest and enjoy her husband.

If her husband is dead and she was happy with him, she wants to spend her days cherishing the memories they built.

Same MIL suddenly knows how to comport herself in her daughter's house.

It is well with them all.

There's some truth in this. I always wonder who they leave their husbands with when they go and stay with their sons.

My mum would always say she can't sleep in an inlaw's house. Even though my dad had passed, she never went to stay with my brother or sister for even a night. To visit was a problem. The woman liked her own space.

I don't understand the need for some MILs to keep going to their son's house to look for what is not missing. Something that they themselves did not accept when they were young wives.

1 Like

Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by mariahAngel(f): 12:52pm On Aug 08, 2021
Munzy14:

Wow..That was deep...My dad calls me Nnannaya...He said his Dad had special like on him...When I was given birth to, he wasn't there...Went on a special duty...So he returned to visit us in the hospital... on sighting me, I held his hands..at just few days old...cheesy...Mpa m wu onye akuko...Onye kochara anyi otu o si hu mma mu, gbaya TT...Their courtship days etc...grin

Then one of my bro, is ogonnaya...They said its my maternal grandpa.

Your dad seems like a cool guy.
He relates with you guys like a friend.

Smh...I am first....E chekwa m ma ima....cheesy

Mba o! grin
The thing is, most guys that are firstborn make it quite obvious, but you seem to take your brothers as your equal, which is good...as long as they respect you.

Yes coconut pie was a junk snack we had then in my hood...Its like rectangle shaped and fluffy like smaller bread...They use coconut oil on it like we have in vanila for flavour..

Then a set is 160naira...

For 10pcs...very cheap...My dad will say mgbe ihe di mma...grin

Considering how you described it, I don’t think coconut pie should be the appropriate name for it. Maybe coconut buns. cheesy

Owu ihe ha na a kpo ya, ka owu gi kporo ya otu ahu? grin

Hmmmm, Interesting to know...I love serene Environment...Maybe that influenced my passion for Agro life..

So Ihu Di shi abroad, i ga ahu ekwe?

Far away from home and family? M begbuo onwe’m n’akwa! grin
I am too attached to family...especially my father’s side.

E chetara’m nne umere nne’m, she’ll always ask my mum why her children (we) don’t like staying with...even if it’s just abali ato cheesy
And she even spoils us more than my paternal grandmother o.

So, every time we would visit, when it’s time for us to go, she would beg us to stay. (My father’s village is one village away from my mum’s)
One time, I decided to be brave and stay with her for a few days (you should see how happy she was).
When I arrived, umuaka ama-oji that usually played in her compound treated me special o (she left me with them and went to the market)
They took me around, anyi piechaa ohia, ghorochaa mkpuru oshishi, but my mind was not at ease (I swear, the darker the day got, the more I wanted to run to my village. Smh! grin)

By night time, my grandmother was already back from the market with the maimai she bought me (by now, the feeling to go home had gotten worse)
As I was eating the maimai, tears were just pouring down my eyes (it was dark and I didn’t cry aloud so she wouldn’t hear me crying cheesy)
So, when she was talking to me I couldn’t answer because I was choked with holding back my cry, then she brought mpanaka and saw my face soaked with tears. grin
She asked me what the problem was, I could not tell her that I wanted to go home because I was ashamed and it was already late.
So, she kept asking whether it’s this or that, till she asked if I wanted to go back to my father’s place, then I nodded.
Then she called out another mma that is her friend (their compounds are opposite each other) and told her.
Then she told me to go get my stuffs, but kept yabbing me.
I didn’t mind, as long as I get to go home that night (I was already wondering how I would be able to sleep through that night. Just one night o!)
So, with the company of her friend, they took me back to our home.
When we got to a bush path that was dark, my grandmother threatened to leave me there so I reach home by myself, I begged her not to. cheesy
When we got to our compound, I slowed my pace because I was ashamed cheesy and they began to laugh at me, but I didn’t care much because I was home where I belong. cheesy
Then my grandmother greeted my paternal grandfather, and said to everyone lekwe ihe onu kporo! grin

The memory will always be fresh. I appreciate her for taking me home when I wanted to go, but I was later able to make it up to her by staying with her another time.
Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by Longman8: 3:42pm On Aug 08, 2021
Running away from ur mother to leave with ur wife in another house will not help matters. At the end she will still come for maternal leave or decide oneday to come and spend sometime with u guys.
Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by MummyD2020(f): 5:26pm On Aug 08, 2021
Rozcol:
Go and rent a place for you and your wife alone before you pave way for seeds of discord between them.I can never agree to live with a mother in-law no matter how good she is,never.

Watch them come for ur head and call u wicked daughter inlaw, ignorantly.
Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by MummyD2020(f): 5:30pm On Aug 08, 2021
Rubbiish:

U want someone to leave his own house & become a tenant simply because he wants to get married? Can u afford one bag of cement?
Senseless thing!

That insult is not called for. I dont know why u people cant ignore or argue constructively. This is a public place. Even the most senseless opinion is welcomed here becos u cant conrol what people think, u didnt buy the phone and the data they use. If its like that, u go quarel tire for here. Haba!
Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by MummyD2020(f): 5:36pm On Aug 08, 2021
nniero11:

So if his mother is old and can't help herself what would your husband do then??

Your comment is making my heart to bleed!

You can't live with someone that raised your husband

finally make God forgive me because na CONTRACT MARRIAGE I GO DO

AS A WOMAN YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO LOVE YOUR HUBAND'S FAMILY JUST LIKE YOUR BIRTH FAMILY.

HUMANITY IS FINISHED!

Lol, easier said than done. Its like u dont know that no matter what u do, some mother inlaw can never see u as their daughter. U think women like to just quarel with the mother of their husband? Its not all. Someone that keeps talking without control, what do u do? Give am chance to protect ur mental health. Trust me, i dont know about others but i believe women cant just start detesting their mother inlaw.
Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by MummyD2020(f): 5:39pm On Aug 08, 2021
frozen70:

You need to get married, live with your wife and your mother for just one year, then you will come back with a good point

Experience is the best teacher. But watch how people that have not even dreamt of getting married in the next 10 years and beyond will flood this place with 'myopicism' lol
Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by MummyD2020(f): 6:01pm On Aug 08, 2021
okoroemeka:
I was in a such dilemma when I wanted to marry,we have six flags building with me and my mother and househelp occupying one,my wife bluntly refused even for us to shift to another flat,we lived together with my mother, and my wife was driving her to work every morning before going to school,it continued for six years before my mother died suddenly of stroke in 2006,they lived together happily like mother and daughter and I was privileged for her to name 3 of my children before she died,osodiemeaku RIP.

Nke a dabara gi ofumma. I nwere luck
Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by MummyD2020(f): 6:25pm On Aug 08, 2021
ImaIma1:

I am sure you know what I mean by interfere. Once a man is married, the mother has to respect the marriage and allow them be. She cannot come and make decisions in the house or exact any kind of authority.

If they need someone to mediate, shouldn't it be a neutral person, and not someone that would take sides? Definitely not his mum. The father is even better.

I for one respect my MIL. That's why I maintain a safe distance. Getting close to her is difficult because I have been burnt several times. Even she herself had to apologize to me when she was leaving our place after omugwo because she knew she offended me and I was cool about it.

For some people, respecting them is putting them at a distance so that you don't speak your mind and spoil everything. My FIL is the one I talk to more.
Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by Nobody: 8:06pm On Aug 08, 2021
MummyD2020:

Lol, easier said than done. Its like u dont know that no matter what u do, some mother inlaw can never see u as their daughter. U think women like to just quarel with the mother of their husband? Its not all. Someone that keeps talking without control, what do u do? Give am chance to protect ur mental health. Trust me, i dont know about others but i believe women cant just start detesting their mother inlaw.

that your line "TALKING WITHOUT CONTROL" really got to me. i don laugh tire!

Tolerance is key! you can make some one that doesn't like you to like you. It requires time and skill though and this every woman should learn.

Just like you can never detest your birth mother no matter what don't detest your mother in-law too.

The truth is we humans have not come to grasp the true meaning of the word "LOVE"

Love is a very strong fortress that can withstand any attack. When some one deliberately tries to make you cry but you end up smiling and doing good in return to the person it will get to a point where he or she will begin to treat you with respect and adore you like a god. The only problem is can you endure the bullshit in the beginning?

Marriage is a beautiful thing but because of our crude nature arising from lack of love it is now a very deadly contraption which has killed many innocent people and has given out evil to our society.

The fish cannot survive outside the water and the plant can't live outside the soil but man a spiritual being wants to survive outside a deity.

HUMANITY HAS LOST IT ALL BY PLAYING GOD!
Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by Munzy14(m): 8:46pm On Aug 08, 2021
mariahAngel:

Your dad seems like a cool guy.
He relates with you guys like a friend.

Mba o! grin
The thing is, most guys that are firstborn make it quite obvious, but you seem to take your brothers as your equal, which is good...as long as they respect you.

Considering how you described it, I don’t think coconut pie should be the appropriate name for it. Maybe coconut buns. cheesy

Owu ihe ha na a kpo ya, ka owu gi kporo ya otu ahu? grin

Far away from home and family? M begbuo onwe’m n’akwa! grin
I am too attached to family...especially my father’s side.

E chetara’m nne umere nne’m, she’ll always ask my mum why her children (we) don’t like staying with...even if it’s just abali ato cheesy
And she even spoils us more than my paternal grandmother o.

So, every time we would visit, when it’s time for us to go, she would beg us to stay. (My father’s village is one village away from my mum’s)
One time, I decided to be brave and stay with her for a few days (you should see how happy she was).
When I arrived, umuaka ama-oji that usually played in her compound treated me special o (she left me with them and went to the market)
They took me around, anyi piechaa ohia, ghorochaa mkpuru oshishi, but my mind was not at ease (I swear, the darker the day got, the more I wanted to run to my village. Smh! grin)

By night time, my grandmother was already back from the market with the maimai she bought me (by now, the feeling to go home had gotten worse)
As I was eating the maimai, tears were just pouring down my eyes (it was dark and I didn’t cry aloud so she wouldn’t hear me crying cheesy)
So, when she was talking to me I couldn’t answer because I was choked with holding back my cry, then she brought mpanaka and saw my face soaked with tears. grin
She asked me what the problem was, I could not tell her that I wanted to go home because I was ashamed and it was already late.
So, she kept asking whether it’s this or that, till she asked if I wanted to go back to my father’s place, then I nodded.
Then she called out another mma that is her friend (their compounds are opposite each other) and told her.
Then she told me to go get my stuffs, but kept yabbing me.
I didn’t mind, as long as I get to go home that night (I was already wondering how I would be able to sleep through that night. Just one night o!)
So, with the company of her friend, they took me back to our home.
When we got to a bush path that was dark, my grandmother threatened to leave me there so I reach home by myself, I begged her not to. cheesy
When we got to our compound, I slowed my pace because I was ashamed cheesy and they began to laugh at me, but I didn’t care much because I was home where I belong. cheesy
Then my grandmother greeted my paternal grandfather, and said to everyone lekwe ihe onu kporo! grin

The memory will always be fresh. I appreciate her for taking me home when I wanted to go, but I was later able to make it up to her by staying with her another time.
cheesy
Yes my dad is like our elder brother...We sit and gist like mates..lol..

Yea...I take them as my guys and not just younger ones...I made them to be comfortable with me...And the goto elder bro..cheesy
Again, people think my immediate younger bro is my twin or he is the elder one....when I show up, they will be like thats your younger bro...And he will be like mba oooo...onye toro m...with 3years sef...grin grin
A di m fresher by looks..Na beards go make it easy to believe i am his senior...

It's rare for anyone of them to hide things from me..cheesy
We don't do brother or dede..grin
My last born calls me by my name...More like guy how far...cheesy

In my hood then, it was the name coconut pie...baked o..not fried.

Hahahahahaha are you that very attached to family?
I feel when you have your own home, you will detach from family small....Like you move from a place where you receive love to a place you will own your home and distribute love..cheesy

grin chai you have big comfort in your zone right from young age.....The narrative was lit and garnished with right Igbo words...You do very well with Igbo writing...Igbo nwere f9 na waec..grin

Lol mpanaka chai...So you know that thing...In the village when we travel home for Christmas...people move about with it just like now we use torchlights.
grin ezigbote ha lekwe ihe onu kporo...My people luru umu nwaanyi ebe unu too much...And it made your dialect rampant in my village..it's rare to believe na ndi village m wu contry5..cheesy

With this your childhood story, I am even believing the reincarnation thing more on your behalf...You really belong to home.
Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by MummyD2020(f): 9:03pm On Aug 08, 2021
nniero11:

that your line "TALKING WITHOUT CONTROL" really got to me. i don laugh tire!

Tolerance is key! you can make some one that doesn't like you to like you. It requires time and skill though and this every woman should learn.

Just like you can never detest your birth mother no matter what don't detest your mother in-law too.

The truth is we humans have not come to grasp the true meaning of the word "LOVE"

Love is a very strong fortress that can withstand any attack. When some one deliberately tries to make you cry but you end up smiling and doing good in return to the person it will get to a point where he or she will begin to treat you with respect and adore you like a god. The only problem is can you endure the bullshit in the beginning?

Marriage is a beautiful thing but because of our crude nature arising from lack of love it is now a very deadly contraption which has killed many innocent people and has given out evil to our society.

The fish cannot survive outside the water and the plant can't live outside the soil but man a spiritual being wants to survive outside a deity.

HUMANITY HAS LOST IT ALL BY PLAYING GOD!

Like my mum u said? I can easily tell my mum to stop when shes not acting right, u know. I can express myself to my birth mum when shes crossing the line becos she is human and not bottle it up. I cant do the same to my mother in law becos u will be mis interpreted. Trust me it happens. Humanity has lost it when women guard their mental health jealousy and not allow her fellow human being subject her to torture just becos she is married to her son.
Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by frozen70(f): 9:14pm On Aug 08, 2021
MummyD2020:

Experience is the best teacher. But watch how people that have not even dreamt of getting married in the next 10 years and beyond will flood this place with 'myopicism' lol

Thats it
Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by frozen70(f): 9:16pm On Aug 08, 2021
MummyD2020:

That's it
Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by mariahAngel(f): 10:59pm On Aug 08, 2021
Munzy14:

cheesy
Yes my dad is like our elder brother...We sit and gist like mates..lol..

Yea...I take them as my guys and not just younger ones...I made them to be comfortable with me...And the goto elder bro..cheesy
Again, people think my immediate younger bro is my twin or he is the elder one....when I show up, they will be like thats your younger bro...And he will be like mba oooo...onye toro m...with 3years sef...grin grin
A di m fresher by looks..Na beards go make it easy to believe i am his senior...

It's rare for anyone of them to hide things from me..cheesy
We don't do brother or dede..grin
My last born calls me by my name...More like guy how far...cheesy

As grownups, do you often disagree amongst yourselves?

In my hood then, it was the name coconut pie...baked o..not fried.
Ok. cheesy

Hahahahahaha are you that very attached to family?
I feel when you have your own home, you will detach from family small....Like you move from a place where you receive love to a place you will own your home and distribute love..cheesy

Owu mma’m kosuru the attachment cheesy

grin chai you have big comfort in your zone right from young age.....The narrative was lit and garnished with right Igbo words...You do very well with Igbo writing...Igbo nwere f9 na waec..grin

If I could, I’d love to write a book in Igbo...probably stories for children.

Lol mpanaka chai...So you know that thing...In the village when we travel home for Christmas...people move about with it just like now we use torchlights.
grin ezigbote ha lekwe ihe onu kporo...My people luru umu nwaanyi ebe unu too much...And it made your dialect rampant in my village..it's rare to believe na ndi village m wu contry5..cheesy

Maybe that is the reason you can understand my Igbo very well...I just know that whatever I write, you’ll understand, even if it’s in my dialect.

With this your childhood story, I am even believing the reincarnation thing more on your behalf...You really belong to home.

Okwaya? cheesy
Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by Munzy14(m): 3:03pm On Aug 09, 2021
mariahAngel:

As grownups, do you often disagree amongst yourselves?

Ok. cheesy

Owu mma’m kosuru the attachment cheesy

If I could, I’d love to write a book in Igbo...probably stories for children.

Maybe that is the reason you can understand my Igbo very well...I just know that whatever I write, you’ll understand, even if it’s in my dialect.

Okwaya? cheesy
Due to confidence, They allow me lead...And I lead by example...Disagreement arises when the leader start acting like buhari..Nonchalant and insensitive.
Again I don't force things, I allow nature take it course...

Hehehe you learn to slow down..I hope family no deh influence your major decisions?

Why can't you? I mean the stories...If you think it, you can do it.

Lol...yea I understand very well...Ma national anthem unu...grin
Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by Nobody: 3:41pm On Aug 09, 2021
MummyD2020:

Watch them come for ur head and call u wicked daughter inlaw, ignorantly.
But they can't have my head lol
Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by mariahAngel(f): 4:08pm On Aug 09, 2021
Munzy14:

Due to confidence, They allow me lead...And I lead by example...Disagreement arises when the leader start acting like buhari..Nonchalant and insensitive.
Again I don't force things, I allow nature take it course...

Okay. That is good.

Hehehe you learn to slow down..I hope family no deh influence your major decisions?

We were raised to be independent minded, but act responsibly.

Why can't you? I mean the stories...If you think it, you can do it.

Two reasons:
- I easily get bored (you need patience and diligence to complete a book)
- I procrastinate a lot. ( “Mgbe e mere, mgbe e mere” ma owuru mma’m )

Lol...yea I understand very well...Ma national anthem unu...grin

A mahu’m maka ‘ke ahu o! lipsrsealed cheesy
Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by Munzy14(m): 5:39pm On Aug 09, 2021
mariahAngel:

Okay. That is good.

We were raised to be independent minded, but act responsibly.

Two reasons:
- I easily get bored (you need patience and diligence to complete a book)
- I procrastinate a lot. ( “Mgbe e mere, mgbe e mere” ma owuru mma’m )

A mahu’m maka ‘ke ahu o! lipsrsealed cheesy
That's good..It helps everyone stand very quick and firm.

Get bored kwa? I wu Aquarius..grin

Hmmm procrastination is bad o...mgbe emere anaghi e mechaa emecha...lol

O di mma na imahu...I choro ima ga juo Ada mbano...grin
Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by mariahAngel(f): 5:47pm On Aug 09, 2021
Munzy14:

That's good..It helps everyone stand very quick and firm.
Yeah.

Get bored kwa? I wu Aquarius..grin

Aquarius dey learn for where Sags dey when it comes to being bored easily. grin
Them no dey stay for one place for too long.
Why you think say I no dey like watch bbn?
For me to sit through a movie or series or anything, it has to be intriguing.

Hmmm procrastination is bad o...mgbe emere anaghi e mechaa emecha...lol

It’s a flaw.
I might leave one thing unfinished and start another one.

O di mma na imahu...I choro ima ga juo Ada mbano...grin

She overdid it. cheesy
Re: Staying With Your Mother Inlaw by Munzy14(m): 6:00pm On Aug 09, 2021
mariahAngel:

Yeah.

Aquarius dey learn for where Sags dey when it comes to being bored easily. grin
Them no dey stay for one place for too long.
Why you think say I no dey like watch bbn?
For me to sit through a movie or series or anything, it has to be intriguing.

It’s a flaw.
I might leave one thing unfinished and start another one.

She overdid it. cheesy
Lol...Abii na...Sags on the move...cheesy

Me too I don't sit to watch o except their is a special thing going on.. BB for me is more of the social experiment and analysis..

If not, I am out...

This year own didn't catch my Interest...I can't believe TV will be on and I will jejely go and sleep..Me that can put on Gen to run all through while watching...Probably outgrowing the fan thing.

You really need to work on the procastination thing..How will you make money like that na?..

If i never complete wetin I started, my mind won't be at rest...Even I will dream abt it sleeping.

She did a good interpretation of that role..grin

I no hu n'ulo ebe a, I gahu a ghota your people well...

I think you learnt from your parents...And they used refined and moderate ways to raise una...lota n'ulo ka ihu oto ndi mba4 si eti ya...You will appreciate Ada mbano more...cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

21-year-old Marriage Dissolved Over Food / How & Why Do Siblings Fall Apart? / To Igbo Peeps In The House, Please What Is ''nnta''?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.