Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,399 members, 7,836,603 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

He That Helps The Needy And Not Paying Tithe Will Soon Become Poor,’ Bishop Oyed - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / He That Helps The Needy And Not Paying Tithe Will Soon Become Poor,’ Bishop Oyed (5554 Views)

Man Kicked Out Of Anglican Church In Warri For 'Not Paying Tithe, Dressing Well' / Giving Your Tithe To The Church Or To The Needy: What The Bible Really Says / Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He That Helps The Needy And Not Paying Tithe Will Soon Become Poor,’ Bishop Oyed by OkCornel(m): 11:03pm On Apr 30, 2023
Thanksful:

You haven't named two Jews that gave tithe in the new testament yet.

Jewish history is not as hidden as Nigerian history. Go and study.

Your ignorance is legendary

For a boy who doesn't know what tithe is
Can you just tell us Jesus lied in Matthew 23 v 23?

Shebi Jesus was ignorant when he mentioned the Pharisees and scribes tithed mint, dill and cummin abi? Hmmm?

We are still awaiting;

1) 10 examples of gentile Christians in the bible which you promised.

2) The book, chapter and verse where God demanded tithes from the gentiles.

3) The book, chapter and verse where God demanded for money as tithes.

Cc: Achorladey

2 Likes

Re: He That Helps The Needy And Not Paying Tithe Will Soon Become Poor,’ Bishop Oyed by Nobody: 9:51am On May 01, 2023
OkCornel:

Can you just tell us Jesus lied in Matthew 23 v 23?

Shebi Jesus was ignorant when he mentioned the Pharisees and scribes tithed mint, dill and cummin abi? Hmmm?

We are still awaiting;

How hard is it for you to give us two names of Jews that paid tithe in the new testament since it is their culture?
Re: He That Helps The Needy And Not Paying Tithe Will Soon Become Poor,’ Bishop Oyed by OkCornel(m): 10:18am On May 01, 2023
Thanksful:

How hard is it for you to give us two names of Jews that paid tithe in the new testament since it is their culture?

How hard is it for you to tell us Jesus lied in Matthew 23 v 23?

If Jesus didn’t lie that Pharisees and scribes paid tithes of dill, mint and cummin… why are asking for names? undecided This ranks amongst dumbest argument a pro-tither can come up with.

We are still awaiting;

1 Like

Re: He That Helps The Needy And Not Paying Tithe Will Soon Become Poor,’ Bishop Oyed by Nobody: 10:24am On May 01, 2023
OkCornel:

How hard is it for you to tell us Jesus lied in Matthew 23 v 23?

If Jesus didn’t lie that Pharisees and scribes paid tithes of dill, mint and cummin… why are asking for names? undecided This ranks amongst dumbest argument a pro-tither can come up with.

We are still awaiting;

Did Jesus mention two names of people who gave tithe in in Mathew 23 vs 23?
Re: He That Helps The Needy And Not Paying Tithe Will Soon Become Poor,’ Bishop Oyed by OkCornel(m): 10:35am On May 01, 2023
Thanksful:

Did Jesus mention two names of people who gave tithe in in Mathew 23 vs 23?

Did Jesus lie that the Pharisees and Scribes tithed?

cheesy

Are you telling us Jesus lied? Hmmm?

We are still awaiting;

1 Like

Re: He That Helps The Needy And Not Paying Tithe Will Soon Become Poor,’ Bishop Oyed by Nobody: 10:42am On May 01, 2023
OkCornel:

Did Jesus lie that the Pharisees and Scribes tithed?

cheesy

Are you telling us Jesus lied? Hmmm?

We are still awaiting;

Anytime you give me names of two Jews that gave tithe in the new testament. I will answer all your three questions.
Re: He That Helps The Needy And Not Paying Tithe Will Soon Become Poor,’ Bishop Oyed by OkCornel(m): 10:55am On May 01, 2023
Thanksful:

Anytime you give me names of two Jews that gave tithe in the new testament. I will answer all your three questions.

What love of money cannot do does not exist!

According to Thanksful, Jesus lied in Matthew 23 v 23.

Thanksful doesn’t have the answer to these questions below, so he’s grasping at anything possible to dodge them. Quite pitiful and embarrassing!

We are still waiting for:

1 Like

Re: He That Helps The Needy And Not Paying Tithe Will Soon Become Poor,’ Bishop Oyed by Nobody: 11:48am On May 01, 2023
OkCornel:

What love of money cannot do does not exist!

According to Thanksful, Jesus lied in Matthew 23 v 23.

Thanksful doesn’t have the answer to these questions below, so he’s grasping at anything possible to dodge them. Quite pitiful and embarrassing!

We are still waiting for:

You started with I should give you names. I am asking you to provide me names too.

I am not a pastor but as a Christian, it's my duty to uphold the truth of the gospel.

Anytime I see two names of Jews who gave tithe in the new testament. I will answer all your silly questions.
Re: He That Helps The Needy And Not Paying Tithe Will Soon Become Poor,’ Bishop Oyed by OkCornel(m): 2:32pm On May 01, 2023
Thanksful:

You started with I should give you names. I am asking you to provide me names too.

I am not a pastor but as a Christian, it's my duty to uphold the truth of the gospel.

Anytime I see two names of Jews who gave tithe in the new testament. I will answer all your silly questions.

You can ask Jesus for the names, at this point you’re implying Jesus lied in Matthew 23 v 23

Read Matthew 23 v 23;
Woe unto 👉you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites!👈 for 👉[b]ye pay tithe [/b]of mint and anise and cummin👈, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Thanksful, come out clearly and tell us that Jesus lied in Matthew 23 v 23.

You can’t dodge these questions, you must answer them or admit monetary tithing is fraud.

Re: He That Helps The Needy And Not Paying Tithe Will Soon Become Poor,’ Bishop Oyed by achorladey: 4:30pm On May 01, 2023
Thanksful:

grin grin grin grin grin

Unnecessary distractions
Re: He That Helps The Needy And Not Paying Tithe Will Soon Become Poor,’ Bishop Oyed by achorladey: 4:31pm On May 01, 2023
OkCornel:

You can ask Jesus for the names, at this point you’re implying Jesus lied in Matthew 23 v 23

Read Matthew 23 v 23;
Woe unto 👉you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites!👈 for 👉ye pay tithe [/b]of mint and anise and cummin👈, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

You can’t dodge these questions, you must answer them or admit monetary tithing is fraud.

He has to queue [b]behind those building more fence in the name of tithe
to further divide the body that should be joined harmoniously as one cheesy grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: He That Helps The Needy And Not Paying Tithe Will Soon Become Poor,’ Bishop Oyed by OkCornel(m): 5:57pm On May 01, 2023
achorladey:

He has to queue behind those building more fence in the name of tithe to further divide the body that should be joined harmoniously as one cheesy grin grin

This is the funniest argument I’ve seen Thanksful bring up.

He expects Jesus to call out all the names of the scribes and Pharisees in Matthew 23 v 23, before he (Thanksful) agrees Israelites tithed in the New Testament.

Now I understand why these gullible folks deserve to be scammed by false teachers.

1 Like

Re: He That Helps The Needy And Not Paying Tithe Will Soon Become Poor,’ Bishop Oyed by Nobody: 6:50pm On May 01, 2023
OkCornel:

This is the funniest argument I’ve seen Thanksful bring up.

He expects Jesus to call out all the names of the scribes and Pharisees in Matthew 23 v 23, before he (Thanksful) agrees Israelites tithed in the New Testament.

Now I understand why these gullible folks deserve to be scammed by false teachers.

Wait so of all the scripture in the new testament. Only the place Jesus talk about tithe is a proof that Jews actually paid tithe?

And how many times did Jesus talked about tithe really?

I told you Jacob gave tithe and showed you from scripture. But you insisted I show you who he paid it to

I showed you that Abraham paid tithe with money you want me to show you if it was naira or dollar.

That is why I insist you show me two individuals that paid tithe in the new testament as a prove that Jews paid tithe in the new testament.
Re: He That Helps The Needy And Not Paying Tithe Will Soon Become Poor,’ Bishop Oyed by Nobody: 6:53pm On May 01, 2023
OkCornel:

Read Matthew 23 v 23;
Woe unto 👉you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites!👈 for 👉[b]ye pay tithe [/b]of mint and anise and cummin👈, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

From your submission now, only pharisees paid tithe. The rest of the Jews didn't.
Re: He That Helps The Needy And Not Paying Tithe Will Soon Become Poor,’ Bishop Oyed by OkCornel(m): 9:59pm On May 01, 2023
Thanksful:

From your submission now, only pharisees paid tithe. The rest of the Jews didn't.

Who did this to you?

How did the argument shift from examples of Jews that tithed to proof that all Jews tithed?

A desperate attempt to shift the goal post and dodge these questions abi?

Re: He That Helps The Needy And Not Paying Tithe Will Soon Become Poor,’ Bishop Oyed by OkCornel(m): 10:00pm On May 01, 2023
Thanksful:

Wait so of all the scripture in the new testament. Only the place Jesus talk about tithe is a proof that Jews actually paid tithe?

And how many times did Jesus talked about tithe really?

I told you Jacob gave tithe and showed you from scripture. But you insisted I show you who he paid it to

I showed you that Abraham paid tithe with money you want me to show you if it was naira or dollar.

That is why I insist you show me two individuals that paid tithe in the new testament as a prove that Jews paid tithe in the new testament.

So Abraham and Jacob are part of the Gentile Christians that tithed hmmm?

We are still awaiting answers to these questions;

Re: He That Helps The Needy And Not Paying Tithe Will Soon Become Poor,’ Bishop Oyed by Nobody: 9:21am On May 02, 2023
OkCornel:

So Abraham and Jacob are part of the Gentile Christians that tithed hmmm?

We are still awaiting answers to these questions;

Tithe preceeded the law and will still stay after the law.

You have not been able to answer the question.

What is tithe?

If you don't know a topic, how will you explain it.

I have taught you what tithe is but you can't still comprehend it.
Re: He That Helps The Needy And Not Paying Tithe Will Soon Become Poor,’ Bishop Oyed by Nobody: 9:24am On May 02, 2023
OkCornel:

Who did this to you?

How did the argument shift from examples of Jews that tithed to proof that all Jews tithed?

Your lack of comprehension is stunning. I am tempted to say you have the IQ of a toddler.

Ask someone to explain that post for you.
Re: He That Helps The Needy And Not Paying Tithe Will Soon Become Poor,’ Bishop Oyed by OkCornel(m): 9:31am On May 02, 2023
Thanksful:

Your lack of comprehension is stunning. I am tempted to say you have the IQ of a toddler.

Ask someone to explain that post for you.

Buhahaha, you are rattled.

Caught red handed. You want to shift the argument from "show me examples of Jews that tithed in the new testament" to "Matthew 23 v 23 implies only Pharisees and Scribes were the only jews that tithed" All in a bid to dodge the same set of questions I've been asking since the first page on this thread!

You think everyone is as daft as you? cheesy

We are still awaiting answers to these questions.

We all know you don't have any answers to these questions. That's why you've come up with this daft tactic "until you answer my question, I won't answer yours"

Do you really really think everyone is as daft as you? cheesy
Re: He That Helps The Needy And Not Paying Tithe Will Soon Become Poor,’ Bishop Oyed by OkCornel(m): 9:34am On May 02, 2023
Thanksful:

Tithe preceeded the law and will still stay after the law.

You have not been able to answer the question.

What is tithe?

If you don't know a topic, how will you explain it.

I have taught you what tithe is but you can't still comprehend it.

According to the gospel of Thanksful, Tithe will stay after the Law.

Achorladey, kindly ask Thanksful to provide examples of gentile Christians in the scriptures that tithed after Christ fulfilled the Law.

Thanksful is a clown.
Re: He That Helps The Needy And Not Paying Tithe Will Soon Become Poor,’ Bishop Oyed by Nobody: 9:38am On May 02, 2023
OkCornel:

Buhahaha, you are rattled.

Caught red handed. You want to shift the argument from "show me examples of Jews that tithed in the new testament" to "Matthew 23 v 23 implies only Pharisees and Scribes were the only jews that tithed" All in a bid to dodge the same set of questions I've been asking since the first page on this thread!

You think everyone is as daft as you? cheesy

We are still awaiting answers to these questions.

We all know you don't have any answers to these questions. That's why you've come up with this daft tactic "until you answer my question, I won't answer yours"

Do you really really think everyone is as daft as you? cheesy

I wish to discuss the topic with you from beginning to end for others to learn.

But you have nothing to offer than asking useless question. That is why I toll your path.

If you want people to know the truth from your angle, let's start afresh from what is tithe. I am will to go with you.

It's about sharing knowledge not about noise making.

No one knows you here. The knowledge you drop here can never be accredited to you. You are a ghost here, so it's expected you share relevant knowledge.

If you are ready, let's go.

Mind you, I am no pastor. I hardly give tithe. Don't go to church regularly.

You should be able to beat me hands down if you believe in what you're saying
Re: He That Helps The Needy And Not Paying Tithe Will Soon Become Poor,’ Bishop Oyed by OkCornel(m): 9:47am On May 02, 2023
Thanksful:

I wish to discuss the topic with you from beginning to end for others to learn.

But you have nothing to offer than asking useless question. That is why I toll your path.

If you want people to know the truth from your angle, let's start afresh from what is tithe. I am will to go with you.

It's about sharing knowledge not about noise making.

No one knows you here. The knowledge you drop here can never be accredited to you. You are a ghost here, so it's expected you share relevant knowledge.

If you are ready, let's go.

Mind you, I am no pastor. I hardly give tithe. Don't go to church regularly.

You should be able to beat me hands down if you believe in what you're saying

You demonstrated beyond reasonable doubt you have no idea what God's requirement of tithes are!

1 - God never asked for money as tithe! If you disagree, show us the book, chapter and verse God demanded for money as tithe.
2 - God never asked the gentiles (non-Israelites) to tithe! Explain to us why Nigerians who are gentiles should tithe.
3 - How are Nigerian Pastors now the replacement for Levites to collect tithes? Are all believers no longer part of a royal priesthood as Apostle Peter clearly wrote? Where have you seen a priest paying tithe to another priest?
4 - Tithes were strictly agricultural products (plants, grains, livestock) grown in the promised land (Israel), the Israelites never tithed when they were in exile at Assyria & Babylon. If you disagree, show us the book, chapter and verse to prove me wrong.

Thanks for proving beyond a reasonable doubt that you are utterly clueless on the subject matter of tithing.

You're a distraction and a waste of breath. undecided
Re: He That Helps The Needy And Not Paying Tithe Will Soon Become Poor,’ Bishop Oyed by Nobody: 9:49am On May 02, 2023
OkCornel:

You demonstrated beyond reasonable doubt you have no idea what God's requirement of tithes are!

1 - God never asked for money as tithe! If you disagree, show us the book, chapter and verse God demanded for money as tithe.
2 - God never asked the gentiles (non-Israelites) to tithe! Explain to us why Nigerians who are not gentiles should tithe.
3 - How are Nigerian Pastors now the replacement for Levites to collect tithes? Are all believers no longer part of a royal priesthood as Apostle Peter cearly wrote? Where have you seen a priest paying tithe to another priest?
4 - Tithes were strictly agricultural produce grown in the promised land (Israel), the Israelites never tithed when they were in exile at Assyria & Babylon. If you disagree, show us the book, chapter and verse to prove me wrong.

Thanks for proving beyond a reasonable doubt that you are utterly clueless on the subject matter of tithing.

You're a distraction and a waste of breath. undecided

Let's assume you are right that I don't know God's requirements for tithe. So many are in the same supposed ignorance.

So let's discuss this tithe from beginning to end for everyone to learn. Are you ready?
Re: He That Helps The Needy And Not Paying Tithe Will Soon Become Poor,’ Bishop Oyed by OkCornel(m): 9:50am On May 02, 2023
This is how God clearly mentioned tithing should be done.

Deuteronomy 14 v 22-29;
22 Be sure to set aside a tenth of all that your fields produce each year.
23 👉Eat the tithe👈 of your grain, new wine and olive oil, and the firstborn of your herds and flocks in the presence of the Lord your God at the place he will choose as a dwelling for his Name, so that you may learn to revere the Lord your God always.
24 But if that place is too distant and you have been blessed by the Lord your God and cannot carry your tithe (because the place where the Lord will choose to put his Name is so far away),
25 then exchange your tithe for silver, and take the silver with you and go to the place the Lord your God will choose.
26 Use the silver to buy whatever you like: cattle, sheep, wine or other fermented drink, or anything you wish. Then you and your household shall 👉eat there👈 in the presence of the Lord your God and rejoice.
27 And do not neglect the Levites living in your towns, for they have no allotment or inheritance of their own.
28 At the end of every three years, bring all the tithes of that year’s produce and store it in your towns,
29 so that the Levites (who have no allotment or inheritance of their own) and the foreigners, the fatherless and the widows who live in your towns may come and eat and be satisfied, and so that the Lord your God may bless you in all the work of your hands.

Cc: Acholardey
Re: He That Helps The Needy And Not Paying Tithe Will Soon Become Poor,’ Bishop Oyed by OkCornel(m): 9:52am On May 02, 2023
Thanksful:

Let's assume you are right that I don't know God's requirements for tithe. So many are in the same supposed ignorance.

So let's discuss this tithe from beginning to end for everyone to learn. Are you ready?

Can discuss later tonight.
Re: He That Helps The Needy And Not Paying Tithe Will Soon Become Poor,’ Bishop Oyed by Nobody: 9:52am On May 02, 2023
OkCornel:

Can discuss later tonight.

Ok
Re: He That Helps The Needy And Not Paying Tithe Will Soon Become Poor,’ Bishop Oyed by linearity: 2:54am On Aug 09, 2023

Most of the things Jesus didn't right weren't recorded. Only those with controversy made it mostly

If tithing was very important and critically essential for the kingdom Jesus would have done, so he leave an example for his disciples to follow.

They would also had been recorded in the Bible. Jesus did and demonstrated every single thing needed for us to emulate today that would secure our salvation but he never once tithed.

I think it is very safe to say, that if one emulate Jesus examples, the person would make it to heaven, don’t you think?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

CHRISTLIKE SELFLESSNESS - Mark Of A True Christian / According To The Quran,allah Help In Creating The World Largest Religion. / The Meaninglessness Of Human Existence And The Immortality Of Religion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.