Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,405 members, 7,836,630 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

He That Helps The Needy And Not Paying Tithe Will Soon Become Poor,’ Bishop Oyed - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / He That Helps The Needy And Not Paying Tithe Will Soon Become Poor,’ Bishop Oyed (5555 Views)

Man Kicked Out Of Anglican Church In Warri For 'Not Paying Tithe, Dressing Well' / Giving Your Tithe To The Church Or To The Needy: What The Bible Really Says / Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He That Helps The Needy And Not Paying Tithe Will Soon Become Poor,’ Bishop Oyed by OkCornel(m): 3:08pm On Apr 09, 2023
Thanksful:

Thank you!

Now you need to know that this is not about christian or not. This is about knowledge.

The word tithe is not a Christian word, it is an English word.

That is the point I have been wanting you to come to terms.

The word "tithe" comes from the Ancient Greek word "dekate." It means "a tenth part."

The word was not invented by Christians nor by the Jews.

Did tithe tell you a tenth part of what to give? No! There is a reason for that. We will come to that later.

Abraham gave a tenth part of his spoil. What did that spoil comprises of?

Anything you can think of including money.

Why did Abraham give God? I need an answer from you please.

You haven’t answered my questions;

1. Did God request a tithe from Abraham?
2. Did Abraham tithe monthly?
3. Did God request tithe from the gentiles?
4. Can you show me the book, chapter and verse where God demanded for money as tithes?

It’s the 5th day and my questions remain unanswered.

1 Like

Re: He That Helps The Needy And Not Paying Tithe Will Soon Become Poor,’ Bishop Oyed by OkCornel(m): 3:14pm On Apr 09, 2023
Thanksful:

Thank you!

Now you need to know that this is not about christian or not. This is about knowledge.

The word tithe is not a Christian word, it is an English word.

That is the point I have been wanting you to come to terms.

The word "tithe" comes from the Ancient Greek word "dekate." It means "a tenth part."

The word was not invented by Christians nor by the Jews.

Did tithe tell you a tenth part of what to give? No! There is a reason for that. We will come to that later.

Abraham gave a tenth part of his spoil. What did that spoil comprises of?

Anything you can think of including money.

Why did Abraham give God? I need an answer from you please.

Please show us the bible verse that states Abraham tithed money.

I don’t want your guess work. Show me the Bible verse.

And while at it, show us where Abraham tithed with money EVERY MONTH!

We are patiently waiting.

How Abraham’s once in a lifetime tithe from warspoils now means Nigerian Christians should be tithing from their personal income/possessions EVERY MONTH

Abeg, explain this film trick for us.

1 Like

Re: He That Helps The Needy And Not Paying Tithe Will Soon Become Poor,’ Bishop Oyed by achorladey: 5:42pm On Apr 09, 2023
Legalisms grin grin grin grin grin and the need to legislate on people's faith.

I wonder where they keep scriptures like these below when they start their legalisms...

17 And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters,

After all the human masters are not masters over the faith of those under them grin grin grin

cc: OkCornel

1 Like 1 Share

Re: He That Helps The Needy And Not Paying Tithe Will Soon Become Poor,’ Bishop Oyed by OkCornel(m): 7:00pm On Apr 09, 2023
achorladey:
Legalisms grin grin grin grin grin and the need to legislate on people's faith.

I wonder where they keep scriptures like these below when they start their legalisms...

17 And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters,

After all the human masters are not masters over the faith of those under them grin grin grin

cc: OkCornel

Lol, Thanksful wants to explain to us how Abraham’s once in a lifetime tithe on warspoils is now the basis for Nigerian Christians to part with a tenth of their monetary income every month.

https://academic.oup.com/book/32343/chapter-abstract/268596046?redirectedFrom=fulltext

I’m still waiting for him to connect the dots and show everyone the book, chapter and verse where God demanded monetary tithes from the gentiles. Especially after the Jerusalem council in Acts 15.

Buhahahaha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: He That Helps The Needy And Not Paying Tithe Will Soon Become Poor,’ Bishop Oyed by achorladey: 8:41pm On Apr 09, 2023
OkCornel:

Lol, Thanksful wants to explain to us how Abraham’s once in a lifetime tithe on warspoils is now the basis for Nigerian Christians to part with a tenth of their monetary income every month.

https://academic.oup.com/book/32343/chapter-abstract/268596046?redirectedFrom=fulltext

I’m still waiting for him to connect the dots and show everyone the book, chapter and verse where God demanded monetary tithes from the gentiles. Especially after the Jerusalem council in Acts 15.

Buhahahaha

One can only hope he heed what was written here and stop defending what don't or can't be proven based on reality

Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of people in their deceitful scheming.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: He That Helps The Needy And Not Paying Tithe Will Soon Become Poor,’ Bishop Oyed by Naijanascam: 10:32pm On Apr 09, 2023
Thanksful:

Say tithe is the only news you hear. Since the last time you heard from him, does it mean he hasn't been speaking?

One of the sheep spotted

1 Like

Re: He That Helps The Needy And Not Paying Tithe Will Soon Become Poor,’ Bishop Oyed by Nobody: 7:51am On Apr 10, 2023
OkCornel:

Please show us the bible verse that states Abraham tithed money.

I don’t want your guess work. Show me the Bible verse.

And while at it, show us where Abraham tithed with money EVERY MONTH!

We are patiently waiting.

How Abraham’s once in a lifetime tithe from warspoils now means Nigerian Christians should be tithing from their personal income/possessions EVERY MONTH

Abeg, explain this film trick for us.

Genesis 14: 1 - 11

And it came to pass in the days of Amraphel king of Shinar, Arioch king of Ellasar, Chedorlaomer king of Elam, and Tidal king of nations;
That these made war with Bera king of Sodom, and with Birsha king of Gomorrah, Shinab king of Admah, and Shemeber king of Zeboiim, and the king of Bela, which is Zoar.
All these were joined together in the vale of Siddim, which is the salt sea.
Twelve years they served Chedorlaomer, and in the thirteenth year they rebelled.
And in the fourteenth year came Chedorlaomer, and the kings that were with him, and smote the Rephaims in Ashteroth Karnaim, and the Zuzims in Ham, and the Emins in Shaveh Kiriathaim,
And the Horites in their mount Seir, unto Elparan, which is by the wilderness.
And they returned, and came to Enmishpat, which is Kadesh, and smote all the country of the Amalekites, and also the Amorites, that dwelt in Hazezontamar.
And there went out the king of Sodom, and the king of Gomorrah, and the king of Admah, and the king of Zeboiim, and the king of Bela (the same is Zoarwink and they joined battle with them in the vale of Siddim;
With Chedorlaomer the king of Elam, and with Tidal king of nations, and Amraphel king of Shinar, and Arioch king of Ellasar; four kings with five.
And the vale of Siddim was full of slimepits; and the kings of Sodom and Gomorrah fled, and fell there; and they that remained fled to the mountain.
And they took all the goods of Sodom and Gomorrah, and all their victuals, and went their way.

Abraham gave a tithe of all that was taken from four thriving nations of their time. Those nations used money for business transactions.

Those money were part of the loot that was taken.

The people went as far as taking lot and all he had including money. They took lots money.

And Abraham gave a tithe of all.

Genesis 23:13 - 15

And he spake unto Ephron in the audience of the people of the land, saying, But if thou wilt give it, I pray thee, hear me: I will give thee money for the field; take it of me, and I will bury my dead there.

And Ephron answered Abraham, saying unto him,

My lord, hearken unto me: the land is worth four hundred shekels of silver; what is that betwixt me and thee? bury therefore thy dead.

And Abraham hearkened unto Ephron; and Abraham weighed to Ephron the silver, which he had named in the audience of the sons of Heth, four hundred shekels of silver, current money with the merchant.

Abraham used money to buy land to bury his wife in his time. The people accepted the money because they use money in their land.

If Abraham had money to buy land, lot must also have money because they were in the same kind of business.

If the people of the land accepted money from Abraham, it means money was a common means of transaction. If money was a common means of transaction, then the loot the kings took had money in it.

If Abraham gave a tithe of all. He gave a tithe of both money too.

Tithe as I said earlier means "tenth part of" it doesn't say tenth part of what.

What if I tell you Levi was a tithe from Jacob
Re: He That Helps The Needy And Not Paying Tithe Will Soon Become Poor,’ Bishop Oyed by Nobody: 7:59am On Apr 10, 2023
OkCornel:

You haven’t answered my questions;

1. Did God request a tithe from Abraham?
2. Did Abraham tithe monthly?
3. Did God request tithe from the gentiles?
4. Can you show me the book, chapter and verse where God demanded for money as tithes?

It’s the 5th day and my questions remain unanswered.

If God didn't request tithe from Abraham, why did he give tithe?

How did Abraham know that tithe was one tenth of something if didn't request it, he had never paid it and he paid it only once?

If God request tithe from the seed of Abraham and the gentiles claim to be seeds of Abraham through the sacrifice of Jesus. Why should God not request tithe from them?

You are obsessed with money that you can see that tithe is one tenth of everything you believe that God help you to get.

If you believe God helped you to get money, them you own him one tenth.

This is the basis Abraham gave tithe, Jacob gave tithe, Israel gave tithe.

Once the believe doesn't exist. You have no obligation to give tithe.
Re: He That Helps The Needy And Not Paying Tithe Will Soon Become Poor,’ Bishop Oyed by Nobody: 8:01am On Apr 10, 2023
achorladey:

One can only hope he heed what was written here and stop defending what don't or can't be proven based on reality

Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of people in their deceitful scheming.

So many babies think they are adults once they begin to do adult things.
Re: He That Helps The Needy And Not Paying Tithe Will Soon Become Poor,’ Bishop Oyed by Nobody: 8:21am On Apr 10, 2023
OkCornel:

Buhahahaha

Someone who will read this will think the Jerusalem council in Acts 15 in your attempt to knock us out with big grammar (Jerusalem council) is talking about tithe.

They talk about gentiles not being circumcised. They are right.

Most of you are not intelligent at all.

Before a man can become a Jew, he must be circumcised. This is not a law from Moses as it's being painted by little minds.

This was a law God gave to Abraham. Moses law gave it establishment.

Genesis 17: 7 ; 10.

And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.

This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised.

If you are an uncircumcised Jew, the God of the Jew is not your God. That is the reason for circumcision.

This was handled for the gentiles by Jesus. Believe in Jesus gave the gentiles that privilege.
Re: He That Helps The Needy And Not Paying Tithe Will Soon Become Poor,’ Bishop Oyed by OkCornel(m): 8:52am On Apr 10, 2023
Thanksful:

Someone who will read this will think the Jerusalem council in Acts 15 in your attempt to knock us out with big grammar (Jerusalem council) is talking about tithe.

They talk about gentiles not being circumcised. They are right.

Most of you are not intelligent at all.

Before a man can become a Jew, he must be circumcised. This is not a law from Moses as it's being painted by little minds.

This was a law God gave to Abraham. Moses law gave it establishment.

Genesis 17: 7 ; 10.

And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.

This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised.

If you are an uncircumcised Jew, the God of the Jew is not your God. That is the reason for circumcision.

This was handled for the gentiles by Jesus. Believe in Jesus gave the gentiles that privilege.

Read Acts 15. Did the Apostles conclude the gentiles should adhere to the Mosaic Law (which includes mandatory tithing as well)

Hmmm?

Can you show us where in the old or New Testament God asked the gentiles to tithe?

Can you show us the book, chapter and verse in the old or New Testament where God requested for money as tithes?

This is the 6th day, and my questions remain unanswered.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: He That Helps The Needy And Not Paying Tithe Will Soon Become Poor,’ Bishop Oyed by OkCornel(m): 8:55am On Apr 10, 2023
Thanksful:

Genesis 14: 1 - 11

And it came to pass in the days of Amraphel king of Shinar, Arioch king of Ellasar, Chedorlaomer king of Elam, and Tidal king of nations;
That these made war with Bera king of Sodom, and with Birsha king of Gomorrah, Shinab king of Admah, and Shemeber king of Zeboiim, and the king of Bela, which is Zoar.
All these were joined together in the vale of Siddim, which is the salt sea.
Twelve years they served Chedorlaomer, and in the thirteenth year they rebelled.
And in the fourteenth year came Chedorlaomer, and the kings that were with him, and smote the Rephaims in Ashteroth Karnaim, and the Zuzims in Ham, and the Emins in Shaveh Kiriathaim,
And the Horites in their mount Seir, unto Elparan, which is by the wilderness.
And they returned, and came to Enmishpat, which is Kadesh, and smote all the country of the Amalekites, and also the Amorites, that dwelt in Hazezontamar.
And there went out the king of Sodom, and the king of Gomorrah, and the king of Admah, and the king of Zeboiim, and the king of Bela (the same is Zoarwink and they joined battle with them in the vale of Siddim;
With Chedorlaomer the king of Elam, and with Tidal king of nations, and Amraphel king of Shinar, and Arioch king of Ellasar; four kings with five.
And the vale of Siddim was full of slimepits; and the kings of Sodom and Gomorrah fled, and fell there; and they that remained fled to the mountain.
And they took all the goods of Sodom and Gomorrah, and all their victuals, and went their way.

Abraham gave a tithe of all that was taken from four thriving nations of their time. Those nations used money for business transactions.

Those money were part of the loot that was taken.

The people went as far as taking lot and all he had including money. They took lots money.

And Abraham gave a tithe of all.

Genesis 23:13 - 15

And he spake unto Ephron in the audience of the people of the land, saying, But if thou wilt give it, I pray thee, hear me: I will give thee money for the field; take it of me, and I will bury my dead there.

And Ephron answered Abraham, saying unto him,

My lord, hearken unto me: the land is worth four hundred shekels of silver; what is that betwixt me and thee? bury therefore thy dead.

And Abraham hearkened unto Ephron; and Abraham weighed to Ephron the silver, which he had named in the audience of the sons of Heth, four hundred shekels of silver, current money with the merchant.

Abraham used money to buy land to bury his wife in his time. The people accepted the money because they use money in their land.

If Abraham had money to buy land, lot must also have money because they were in the same kind of business.

If the people of the land accepted money from Abraham, it means money was a common means of transaction. If money was a common means of transaction, then the loot the kings took had money in it.

If Abraham gave a tithe of all. He gave a tithe of both money too.

Tithe as I said earlier means "tenth part of" it doesn't say tenth part of what.

What if I tell you Levi was a tithe from Jacob

1) Did Abraham give a tithe of all his possessions? Or a tithe of the warspoils?

Read Hebrews 7 v 1-4 slowly.

2) Did Abraham give tithes every month?

3) Where did God ask the gentiles to tithe?

4) Where did God request for money as tithes?

Still waiting for answers to these questions.

1 Like

Re: He That Helps The Needy And Not Paying Tithe Will Soon Become Poor,’ Bishop Oyed by OkCornel(m): 8:57am On Apr 10, 2023
Thanksful is trying hard to superimpose monetary tithing on the scriptures.

When it’s obviously clear God never requested for money as tithes. Also, God made it clear that tithes could be eaten as well.

Clearly stated in Deuteronomy 14 v 22-29.

Now let’s read Acts 15 which Thanksful is dodging from.
Re: He That Helps The Needy And Not Paying Tithe Will Soon Become Poor,’ Bishop Oyed by OkCornel(m): 9:07am On Apr 10, 2023
Summary of Acts 15.

1) Some troublemakers were preaching that Gentile Christians must be circumcised and keep the laws of Moses to be saved. (Note that the Mosaic Law makes tithing mandatory)

Acts 15 v 5;
5 Then some of the believers who belonged to the party of the Pharisees stood up and said, “The Gentiles must be circumcised and required to keep the law of Moses.

What did the Apostles agree on as instructed by the Holy Spirit?

Acts 15 v 19-21;
19 “It is my judgment, therefore, that we should not make it difficult for the Gentiles who are turning to God.
20 Instead we should write to them, telling them to abstain from food polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from the meat of strangled animals and from blood.
21 For the law of Moses has been preached in every city from the earliest times and is read in the synagogues on every Sabbath.”

Acts 15 v 24-29

24 We have heard that some went out from us without our authorization and disturbed you, troubling your minds by what they said.
25 So we all agreed to choose some men and send them to you with our dear friends Barnabas and Paul—
26 men who have risked their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
27 Therefore we are sending Judas and Silas to confirm by word of mouth what we are writing. 28 It seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us not to burden you with anything beyond the following requirements:
29 You are to abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals and from sexual immorality. You will do well to avoid these things.

Farewell.

Thanksful, since you know better than the Apostles, can you show us where they instructed Gentile believers to tithe? Can you show us where monetary tithing was practiced in the early church?

Cc: achorladey

1 Like 1 Share

Re: He That Helps The Needy And Not Paying Tithe Will Soon Become Poor,’ Bishop Oyed by OkCornel(m): 9:11am On Apr 10, 2023
Thanksful:

If God didn't request tithe from Abraham, why did he give tithe?

How did Abraham know that tithe was one tenth of something if didn't request it, he had never paid it and he paid it only once?

If God request tithe from the seed of Abraham and the gentiles claim to be seeds of Abraham through the sacrifice of Jesus. Why should God not request tithe from them?

You are obsessed with money that you can see that tithe is one tenth of everything you believe that God help you to get.

If you believe God helped you to get money, them you own him one tenth.

This is the basis Abraham gave tithe, Jacob gave tithe, Israel gave tithe.

Once the believe doesn't exist. You have no obligation to give tithe.

Can you show everyone the book, chapter and verse where God requested a tithe from Abraham?

It shouldn’t be difficult. I don’t want guess work or sentiments , show us where God demanded tithe from Abraham.

Also show us where Abraham tithed monthly.

This is the 6th day, we are still waiting for answers.

1 Like

Re: He That Helps The Needy And Not Paying Tithe Will Soon Become Poor,’ Bishop Oyed by achorladey: 9:33am On Apr 10, 2023
OkCornel:
Summary of Acts 15.

1) Some troublemakers were preaching that Gentile Christians must be circumcised and keep the laws of Moses to be saved. (Note that the Mosaic Law makes tithing mandatory)

Acts 15 v 5;
5 Then some of the believers who belonged to the party of the Pharisees stood up and said, “The Gentiles must be circumcised and required to keep the law of Moses.

What did the Apostles agree on as instructed by the Holy Spirit?

Acts 15 v 19-21;
19 “It is my judgment, therefore, that we should not make it difficult for the Gentiles who are turning to God.
20 Instead we should write to them, telling them to abstain from food polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from the meat of strangled animals and from blood.
21 For the law of Moses has been preached in every city from the earliest times and is read in the synagogues on every Sabbath.”

Acts 15 v 24-29

24 We have heard that some went out from us without our authorization and disturbed you, troubling your minds by what they said.
25 So we all agreed to choose some men and send them to you with our dear friends Barnabas and Paul—
26 men who have risked their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
27 Therefore we are sending Judas and Silas to confirm by word of mouth what we are writing. 28 It seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us not to burden you with anything beyond the following requirements:
29 You are to abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals and from sexual immorality. You will do well to avoid these things.

Farewell.

Thanksful, since you know better than the Apostles, can you show us where they instructed Gentile believers to tithe? Can you show us where monetary tithing was practiced in the early church?

Cc: achorladey

You will keep seeing ifs here and there and but in order to continue their legalisms. The burden they cannot carry they impose on others. Paul was traveling here and there never for once did he collect anything tithe. Yet he collected contributions some did meant for those needing them. How come he forgot to collect tithe alongside those contributions grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: He That Helps The Needy And Not Paying Tithe Will Soon Become Poor,’ Bishop Oyed by achorladey: 9:39am On Apr 10, 2023
Thanksful:

So many babies think they are adults once they begin to do adult things.

And so many adults think like babies grin grin grin grin when they refuse to use their discerning and perception powers to distinguish what is right and wrong. The reason they keep feeding on milk like someone telling us that helping the needy e.t.c and not paying tithe will render an individual poor grin grin grin grin
Re: He That Helps The Needy And Not Paying Tithe Will Soon Become Poor,’ Bishop Oyed by Nobody: 9:41am On Apr 10, 2023
achorladey:

You will keep seeing ifs here and there and but in order to continue their legalisms. The burden they cannot they impose on others. Paul was traveling here and there never for once did he collect anything tithe. Yet he collected contributions some did meant for those needing them. How come he forgot to collect tithe alongside those contributions grin grin grin

How did Paul collect those contribution and in what capacity?
Re: He That Helps The Needy And Not Paying Tithe Will Soon Become Poor,’ Bishop Oyed by Nobody: 10:02am On Apr 10, 2023
OkCornel:

Can you show everyone the book, chapter and verse where God requested a tithe from Abraham?

It shouldn’t be difficult. I don’t want guess work or sentiments , show us where God demanded tithe from Abraham.

Also show us where Abraham tithed monthly.

This is the 6th day, we are still waiting for answers.

John said,"if all that Jesus said and deed were recorded, the world can't contain the book" that is Jesus who lived only 33 years.

Not everything is recorded in the bible that is why he the holy spirit was sent to us.

God will never give you any other assignment until you have executed the previous one.

Genesis 15: 1
After these things the word of the Lord came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward.

After the Tithe, God appeared to Abraham and blessed him.

This was the first recorded tithe Abraham gave.

1. How did Abraham know to give tithe? If he was told by God, he must have learnt it somewhere. If he had learnt it somewhere, that mean he is a committed tither.

2. How did Abraham know who to give the tithe when he saw him having never met him before?

3. How did Abraham know that tithe was a tenth of all not some or other percentage?

When you are able to answer this questions. Your eyes begin to enlighten.

4. How did Jacob came to know about tithe if Abraham only gave tithe once?

Genesis 28: 20 - 22

And Jacob vowed a vow, saying, If God will be with me, and will keep me in this way that I go, and will give me bread to eat, and raiment to put on,

So that I come again to my father's house in peace; then shall the Lord be my God:

And this stone, which I have set for a pillar, shall be God's house: and of all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee.

For Jacob to make a vow to give God tithe, he must have gotten the knowledge from someone.

That person must have taken him to where he will give the tithe. That means the person was a tither.

Look at the bolded, "and of all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee."

First of all, the tithe Abraham and Jacob gave was tenth of all. Remember tithe means tenth of all.

Jacob gave tithe to the extent of give his son as a tithe. He gave Levi as a tithe.
Re: He That Helps The Needy And Not Paying Tithe Will Soon Become Poor,’ Bishop Oyed by Nobody: 10:04am On Apr 10, 2023
OkCornel:

1) Did Abraham give a tithe of all his possessions? Or a tithe of the warspoils?

Read Hebrews 7 v 1-4 slowly.

2) Did Abraham give tithes every month?

3) Where did God ask the gentiles to tithe?

4) Where did God request for money as tithes?

Still waiting for answers to these questions.

Abraham gave tithe of all God gave him power to get through the war.

Jacob gave tithe of all God gave him including his children.
Re: He That Helps The Needy And Not Paying Tithe Will Soon Become Poor,’ Bishop Oyed by Nobody: 10:06am On Apr 10, 2023
OkCornel:
Thanksful is trying hard to superimpose monetary tithing on the scriptures.

When it’s obviously clear God never requested for money as tithes. Also, God made it clear that tithes could be eaten as well.

Clearly stated in Deuteronomy 14 v 22-29.

Now let’s read Acts 15 which Thanksful is dodging from.

Tithe is tenth of. It can be money, it can be anything you believe the hand of God was instrumental to your getting it.
Re: He That Helps The Needy And Not Paying Tithe Will Soon Become Poor,’ Bishop Oyed by OkCornel(m): 10:08am On Apr 10, 2023
Thanksful:

Did Paul request monetary tithes from believers?

Was monetary tithing practiced in the early church?

Please show us the book, chapter and verse.

Patiently waiting.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: He That Helps The Needy And Not Paying Tithe Will Soon Become Poor,’ Bishop Oyed by OkCornel(m): 10:09am On Apr 10, 2023
Thanksful:

Tithe is tenth of. It can be money, it can be anything you believe the hand of God was instrumental to your getting it.

Did God request monetary tithes from the gentiles?

Please show us the book, chapter and verse.

I’m patiently waiting.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: He That Helps The Needy And Not Paying Tithe Will Soon Become Poor,’ Bishop Oyed by achorladey: 10:09am On Apr 10, 2023
Thanksful:

Na tithe now grin grin grin grin, shebi na baby I be. You didn't read it from your Bible that he was collecting tithe grin grin grin The tenth of their belongings.
Re: He That Helps The Needy And Not Paying Tithe Will Soon Become Poor,’ Bishop Oyed by Nobody: 10:10am On Apr 10, 2023
achorladey:

And so many adults think like babies grin grin grin grin when they refuse to use their discerning and perception powers to distinguish what is right and wrong. The reason they keep feeding on milk like someone telling us that helping the needy e.t.c and not paying tithe will render an individual poor grin grin grin grin

Not giving tithe doesn't make you poor or rich. This thought process is what make you hate the idea of tithe because you don't understand it.

Nobody in the bible gave God tithe for something more. Go and read your Bible.

Tithe is an appreciation to God for his backing.

Tithe is like communion. We do it to remember we have a God that assists us.
Re: He That Helps The Needy And Not Paying Tithe Will Soon Become Poor,’ Bishop Oyed by Nobody: 10:12am On Apr 10, 2023
achorladey:

Na tithe now grin grin grin grin, shebi na baby I be. You didn't read it from your Bible that he was collecting tithe grin grin grin The tenth of their belongings.

Paul even rejected gifts and contributions. He was forced to take it so that they can be blessed.
Re: He That Helps The Needy And Not Paying Tithe Will Soon Become Poor,’ Bishop Oyed by OkCornel(m): 10:12am On Apr 10, 2023
Thanksful:

Abraham gave tithe of all God gave him power to get through the war.

Jacob gave tithe of all God gave him including his children.

Did Abraham and Jacob practice monetary tithing every month?

Did God request these from them? Or was it their decision to do it voluntarily?

If you insist God requested tithes from Abraham or Jacob, can you show me the book, chapter and verse please?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: He That Helps The Needy And Not Paying Tithe Will Soon Become Poor,’ Bishop Oyed by achorladey: 10:22am On Apr 10, 2023
Thanksful:

Not giving tithe doesn't make you poor or rich. This thought process is what make you hate the idea of tithe because you don't understand it.

Tithe is like communion. We do it to remember we have a God that assists us.

Now the below.....

Not giving tithe doesn't make you poor or rich

Reality setting in as usual grin grin grin cheesy Stop chasing shadows and follow reality. Your Bible talk am grin grin grin

This thought process is what make you hate the idea of tithe because you don't understand it.

When Jesus say So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed don't let a thought process bind you from receiving freely giving freely.

What can you render to God in the first place? grin grin grin

Don't do the right thing and be tithing and believe that you have God's appreciation grin There are more ways to appreciate God for his backing.

Tithe is like communion.

Legalism mindset and thought process cheesy grin grin

We do it to remember we have a God that assists us.

We do so many things to remember that we have a God that assist us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: He That Helps The Needy And Not Paying Tithe Will Soon Become Poor,’ Bishop Oyed by achorladey: 10:25am On Apr 10, 2023
Thanksful:

Paul even rejected gifts and contributions. He was forced to take it so that they can be blessed.

Now it is Paul rejected gifts and contributions. I thought Paul travelling here and there to collect tithes grin grin grin. That's what happens with legalism mindset the back and forth way of thinking.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: He That Helps The Needy And Not Paying Tithe Will Soon Become Poor,’ Bishop Oyed by OkCornel(m): 10:26am On Apr 10, 2023
I’m just thinking out loud.

Job was not an Israelite. There’s no biblical or historical record he practiced tithing, yet he was wealthy/prosperous.

Interesting

1 Like 1 Share

Re: He That Helps The Needy And Not Paying Tithe Will Soon Become Poor,’ Bishop Oyed by Nobody: 10:27am On Apr 10, 2023
OkCornel:

Did Abraham and Jacob practice monetary tithing every month?

Did God request these from them? Or was it their decision to do it voluntarily?

If you insist God requested tithes from Abraham or Jacob, can you show me the book, chapter and verse please?

Yes! Abraham practiced seasonal tithing according to the seasons of his rewards. That is how Isaac knew about tithe to teach Jacob.
Re: He That Helps The Needy And Not Paying Tithe Will Soon Become Poor,’ Bishop Oyed by Nobody: 10:33am On Apr 10, 2023
OkCornel:
I’m just thinking out loud.

Job was not an Israelite. There’s no biblical or historical record he practiced tithing, yet he was wealthy/prosperous.

Interesting

Nobody gave tithe in the bible to be wealthy. You tithe because you believe and acknowledge the hand of God.

Now when you do that.

The person you believe and acknowledged through your tithe. Does two things for you.

Genesis 15:1

After these things the word of the Lord came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward.

1. He protects you the tither and where you get that tithe from

2. He makes himself your reward.

This is the summary of what Malachi was saying about the reward of tithe.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Theism And The Pettiness Of God / My Final Shift Away From Christianity / Christian Men Can Marry More Than One Wife, No Bible Verse Is Against Polygamy –

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.