Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

Caretaker Committee: Internal Implosion In APC Seems Inevitable – Banire - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Caretaker Committee: Internal Implosion In APC Seems Inevitable – Banire (19030 Views)

Governors Planning To Buy Votes With Old Naira Notes – Muiz Banire / Keyamo: Obaseki, Okowa Responsible For The Implosion In PDP / AMCON: Buhari Replaces Muiz Banire With Edward Adamu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Caretaker Committee: Internal Implosion In APC Seems Inevitable – Banire by garfield1: 11:17pm On Aug 01, 2021
Agboriotejoye:

A governor holding chairmanship position is not an internal party affair. As Banire pointed out, the notification to INEC for the congresses will be signed by Buni. That in itself is an illegality based on section 183 which will render the congresses null and void as INEC needs to be duly notified before congresses can hold.

Oga,it is an internal matter.only apc members have locus
Re: Caretaker Committee: Internal Implosion In APC Seems Inevitable – Banire by Nobody: 11:17pm On Aug 01, 2021
festacman:
Bagudu, Buni, Malami, Amaechi, etc should just accept that the game is abruptly over. Tinubu's camp is back on level ground.
grin
Re: Caretaker Committee: Internal Implosion In APC Seems Inevitable – Banire by fergie001: 11:18pm On Aug 01, 2021
Agboriotejoye:

Even ordinary SERAP or CSLAC can take such a matter to Court
What are the prayers of SERAP?

How can they claim injuries?

How can they claim that the judgement for or against will one way or the other benefit them?

What do they stand to gain from the judgement?

It is an academic exercise, the Court won't even touch it.

3 Likes

Re: Caretaker Committee: Internal Implosion In APC Seems Inevitable – Banire by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:19pm On Aug 01, 2021
garfield1:

What am saying is that when a new apc exco is constituted and buni hands over,pdp has no locus.they are shut out

You are looking too far ahead. What Keyamo said is that the congress itself will be an illegality. So the debate is what brought about the congress vis a vis the governor. Even Banire said it today. You can't build something on nothing. As long as Buni signed the notice to INEC for the congresses, the congresses are a nullity because the position of Buni is a constitutional issue. Even SERAP and CSOs will have locus on it.Even every citizen of Yobe state. Even every 18 year old Nigerian.

4 Likes

Re: Caretaker Committee: Internal Implosion In APC Seems Inevitable – Banire by Nobody: 11:20pm On Aug 01, 2021
I thought Malami quoted a session of the law that actually support their actions.
Re: Caretaker Committee: Internal Implosion In APC Seems Inevitable – Banire by delpee(f): 11:22pm On Aug 01, 2021
YTUBEstudio:
Buhari is the one keeping APC together for now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPp9jthWJEg

Why don't you create a thread on the video of the Eastern Port that you posted? Valuable information for those who do business in the East. A good alternative to the congested Apapa port.
Re: Caretaker Committee: Internal Implosion In APC Seems Inevitable – Banire by garfield1: 11:23pm On Aug 01, 2021
Agboriotejoye:

You are looking too far ahead. What Keyamo said is that the congress itself will be an illegality. So the debate is what brought about the congress vis a vis the governor. Even Banire said it today. You can't build something on nothing. As long as Buni signed the notice to INEC for the congresses, the congresses are a nullity because the position of Buni is a constitutional issue. Even SERAP and CSOs will have locus on it.Even every citizen of Yobe state. Even every 18 year old Nigerian.

Everything is actually constitutional but not everybody has locus.qualification of a governor or president is also constitutional but only candidates can take it to court
Re: Caretaker Committee: Internal Implosion In APC Seems Inevitable – Banire by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:23pm On Aug 01, 2021
fergie001:

How can they claim that the judgement for or against will one way or the other benefit them?

The prayers of SERAP is that it is against the constitution for a governor to hold the position of party chair.

As such, it amounts to an abuse of office, what is going on with Buni.

With that, Buni will be asked to forthwith stop parading himself as a caretaker or whatever chairman.

It is not an academic exercise because the governor just committed an infraction against the constitution and against his oath of office.

2 Likes

Re: Caretaker Committee: Internal Implosion In APC Seems Inevitable – Banire by garfield1: 11:23pm On Aug 01, 2021
fergie001:

Gbam.thank you.anigbajumo how far
Re: Caretaker Committee: Internal Implosion In APC Seems Inevitable – Banire by garfield1: 11:24pm On Aug 01, 2021
anigbajumo:

If u lack comprehension skills, Go back to primary school. Goodnight.

Pure rubbish.I hope you got above 50 in this year jamb?
Re: Caretaker Committee: Internal Implosion In APC Seems Inevitable – Banire by chloride6: 11:25pm On Aug 01, 2021
But seunmsg thinks otherwise
Re: Caretaker Committee: Internal Implosion In APC Seems Inevitable – Banire by garfield1: 11:25pm On Aug 01, 2021
anigbajumo:

Unanimous decision of 4:3 is suspecious, You can see Akeredolu as a SAN knw this that was why he was dancing around yesterday. Justice Agim said they don't include the name of the chairman that occupy the two executive position in their case so it's not known to the court that was why they dismissed the case.

4:3 is not unanimous.kai
Re: Caretaker Committee: Internal Implosion In APC Seems Inevitable – Banire by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:27pm On Aug 01, 2021
garfield1:

Everything is actually constitutional but not everybody has locus.qualification of a governor or president is also constitutional but only candidates can take it to court

That's not true. Anyone can take the constitutional matter to court especially as it concerns the functions of the office which is what Buni is doing here. He is mixing up the functions of his office as governor.

You seem to forget that it was PDP and Jegede that took the issue of Buni signing the nomination forms to court and not an APC member. Same way a citizen of Yobe can take the matter of Buni to court. Just cause as citizens we don't exert our constitutional rights does not mean it does not exist.

5 Likes

Re: Caretaker Committee: Internal Implosion In APC Seems Inevitable – Banire by garfield1: 11:27pm On Aug 01, 2021
fergie001:

Jurisdiction is the lifeblood or existence of any case.

Only APC members can file this case in Court, and no APC member can even do that now because it is already Statute-barred.

The only way PDP can come against the NWC or the National Chairman of another party is through the tribunal only because it is a Constitutional matter.

PDP cannot do anything, unless they sponsor APC members to do so which they even can't rn because of the time.

The former APC Vice Chairman (South), Hillard Eta took the matter to Court and his attorney was Onyechi Ikpeazu SAN (the same attorney Jegede used), the Court struck it out because it has become statute-barred.

Eta has now been expelled from the Party. Buni became Chairman in June 2020 and Eta challenged it in Oct/Nov same year.

How can it be status bare? It is not an electoral matter na

3 Likes

Re: Caretaker Committee: Internal Implosion In APC Seems Inevitable – Banire by fergie001: 11:27pm On Aug 01, 2021
Agboriotejoye:
The prayers of SERAP is that it is against the constitution for a governor to hold the position of party chair.

As such, it amounts to an abuse of office, what is going on with Buni.

With that, Buni will be asked to forthwith stop parading himself as a caretaker or whatever chairman.
SERAP will have to show the Court what they stand to benefit from the judgement.

Their case is at best academic, it will be struck out, trust me.
Moreover the case is Statute-barred. Buni became Chair in June 2020 and you intend to pursue the case in August 2021...14 months after.

It is a dead case, that's why PDP came under the auspices of signature because they can't tackle the issue of Chairmanship @ all.

If Buni isn't meant to sign, there is nothing anyone will do.
It is not an academic exercise because the governor just committed an infraction against the constitution and against his oath of office.
What do you think will happen to the Governor?
Nothing.

He violated the Constitution but he is covered by Section 308.

2 Likes

Re: Caretaker Committee: Internal Implosion In APC Seems Inevitable – Banire by garfield1: 11:30pm On Aug 01, 2021
Agboriotejoye:

That's not true. Anyone can take the constitutional matter to court especially as it concerns the functions of the office which is what Buni is doing here. He is mixing up the functions of his office as governor.

You seem to forget that it was PDP and Jegede that took the issue of Buni signing the nomination forms to court and not an APC member. Same way a citizen of Yobe can take the matter of Buni to court. Just cause as citizens we don't exert our constitutional rights does not mean it does not exist.

The supreme court has severally ruled on this.I can bring several citations.you can never bring any to support yourself.drop it.moreover,fergie just told you that it is statute barred.

Pdp did not challenge his chairmanship, they challenged his signature on the nomination form.
Re: Caretaker Committee: Internal Implosion In APC Seems Inevitable – Banire by fergie001: 11:30pm On Aug 01, 2021
garfield1:
How can it be status bare? It is not an electoral matter na
I think I read something like that....not sure.
The same reason I was surprised Appeal Court struck out APGA factional Chair's appeal last week.

2 Likes

Re: Caretaker Committee: Internal Implosion In APC Seems Inevitable – Banire by ComeToJesus: 11:33pm On Aug 01, 2021
Implosion can only be internal. No need using both words together.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Caretaker Committee: Internal Implosion In APC Seems Inevitable – Banire by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:36pm On Aug 01, 2021
fergie001:

SERAP will have to show the Court what they stand to benefit from the judgement.

Their case is at best academic, it will be struck out, trust me.
Moreover the case is Statute-barred. Buni became Chair in June 2020 and you intend to pursue the case in August 2021...14 months after.

It is a dead case, that's why PDP came under the auspices of signature because they can't tackle the issue of Chairmanship @ all.

If Buni isn't mean to sign, there is nothing anyone will do.

What do you think will happen to the Governor?
Nothing.

He violated the Constitution but he is covered by Section 308.

I'm constrained to agree with you. But look at the case this way and explain it to me. If the president were to take up an appointment as the secretary general of UN. Can I as a citizen sue the president to court to declare that what he has done is unconstitutional?
If so, what do I stand to benefit from that? If I as a citizen can't sue the president to court for that, then I accept fully that SERAP don't have locus on the matter.

Besides, how can a constitutional question be statute-barred? Are you really serious?
Re: Caretaker Committee: Internal Implosion In APC Seems Inevitable – Banire by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:39pm On Aug 01, 2021
garfield1:

The supreme court has severally ruled on this.I can bring several citations.you can never bring any to support yourself.drop it.moreover,fergie just told you that it is statute barred.

Pdp did not challenge his chairmanship, they challenged his signature on the nomination form.

The SC has never ruled on a governor taking up an executive office. As you can see, Malami's argument is that the position of chairman of a political party is not executive, to borrow his word "meritless". So you can see that even he recognized that it's a constitutional matter.

It would have been different if a party chairman appointed a governor to oversee the conduct of congress. But a governor functioning as chairman is another kettle of fish entirely as the SC as shown.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Caretaker Committee: Internal Implosion In APC Seems Inevitable – Banire by fergie001: 11:44pm On Aug 01, 2021
Agboriotejoye:
I'm constrained to agree with you. But look at the case this way and explain it to me. If the president were to take up an appointment as the secretary general of UN. Can I as a citizen sue the president to court to declare that what he has done is unconstitutional?

If so, what do I stand to benefit from that? If I as a citizen can't sue the president to court for that, then I accept fully that SERAP don't have locus on the matter.
Don't get me wrong. As an individual anybody can sue the President or Governor in his Capacity, provided the infraction is committed in his official capacity.

However, the Court cannot compel you to remove him. The Court will only tell you, what this man did is very bad and unconstitutional, and that is it.

Section 308 gave them far-reaching powers. What SERAP will do is to sue APC but what will be their prayers?

There is a difference between sueing Buni and sueing APC....two different things.
Re: Caretaker Committee: Internal Implosion In APC Seems Inevitable – Banire by Insectkiller: 11:46pm On Aug 01, 2021
Nairaland No get news again

grin

Re: Caretaker Committee: Internal Implosion In APC Seems Inevitable – Banire by chloride6: 11:47pm On Aug 01, 2021
garfield1:

Oga,it is an internal matter.only apc members have locus

Lmao what is the rationale behind this thought.

Is Yobe State where Buni must be giving less than his undivided attention only comprised of APC supporters?

The people of Yobe and (by extension all Nigerians who are constitutionally allowed to live anywhere in the country) have locus in this case.

4 Likes

Re: Caretaker Committee: Internal Implosion In APC Seems Inevitable – Banire by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:50pm On Aug 01, 2021
fergie001:

Don't get me wrong. As an individual anybody can sue the President or Governor in his Capacity, provided the infraction is committed in his official capacity.

However, the Court cannot compel you to remove him. The Court will only tell you, what this man did is very bad and unconstitutional, and that is it.

Section 308 gave them far-reaching powers. What SERAP will do is to sue APC but what will be their prayers?

There is a difference between sueing Buni and sueing APC....two different things.

But what PDP did is sue APC and forget to join Buni which is what killed their case.

If PDP had joined Buni, it is obvious the outcome would have been different. That's what I'm talking about.

The court will declare as you have said, that SERAP is right, Buni has no right to be a chairman of a political party while being a governor and will order that everything he has done as chairman is null, void and of no effect.

Just like a court ordering that every agreement the president entered into while holding the office of secretary-general of UN is null, void and of no effect on the country. Do you agree with this?

1 Like

Re: Caretaker Committee: Internal Implosion In APC Seems Inevitable – Banire by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:51pm On Aug 01, 2021
chloride6:

Is Yobe State where Buni must be giving less than his undivided attention only comprised of APC supporters?

The people of Yobe and (by extension all Nigerians who are constitutionally allowed to live anywhere in the country) have locus in this case.

Don't mind him. His head is so buried in APC he fails to see the bigger picture of the governorship that is involved.

4 Likes

Re: Caretaker Committee: Internal Implosion In APC Seems Inevitable – Banire by Agboriotejoye(m): 12:02am On Aug 02, 2021
garfield1:

Buhari will take them out

Lol. like he took them out in Zamfara and Rivers and even Oshiomole ouster abi

You overrate dis ur Buhari sef

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Caretaker Committee: Internal Implosion In APC Seems Inevitable – Banire by Agboriotejoye(m): 12:03am On Aug 02, 2021
fergie001:

Jurisdiction is the lifeblood or existence of any case.

Only APC members can file this case in Court, and no APC member can even do that now because it is already Statute-barred.

The only way PDP can come against the NWC or the National Chairman of another party is through the tribunal only because it is a Constitutional matter.

PDP cannot do anything, unless they sponsor APC members to do so which they even can't rn because of the time.

The former APC Vice Chairman (South), Hillard Eta took the matter to Court and his attorney was Onyechi Ikpeazu SAN (the same attorney Jegede used), the Court struck it out because it has become statute-barred.

Eta has now been expelled from the Party. Buni became Chairman in June 2020 and Eta challenged it in Oct/Nov same year.

Did Eta go to court? I know he only promised to but I don't think he ultimately did
Re: Caretaker Committee: Internal Implosion In APC Seems Inevitable – Banire by MysteryShopper: 12:06am On Aug 02, 2021
Ok
Re: Caretaker Committee: Internal Implosion In APC Seems Inevitable – Banire by garfield1: 12:07am On Aug 02, 2021
Agboriotejoye:

Lol. like he took them out in Zamfara and Rivers and even Oshiomole ouster abi

You overrate dis ur Buhari sef

What are his interests in those states? Since buni came in,have you seen anyone suing him?
Re: Caretaker Committee: Internal Implosion In APC Seems Inevitable – Banire by garfield1: 12:07am On Aug 02, 2021
chloride6:

Which part of the constitution states so?
Re: Caretaker Committee: Internal Implosion In APC Seems Inevitable – Banire by fergie001: 12:08am On Aug 02, 2021
Agboriotejoye:

But what PDP did is sue APC and forget to join Buni which is what killed their case.

If PDP had joined Buni, it is obvious the outcome would have been different. That's what I'm talking about.
PDP had locus and came through the tribunal.

Who can challenge an election;
The Aspirant, National Chairman or his Political Party

Jegede & PDP challenged the return of Akeredolu as Governor.
The tribunal gave them locus.

The court will declare as you have said, that SERAP is right, Buni has no right to be a Chairman of a political party while being a Governor and will order that everything he has done as Chairman is null, void and of no effect.

Just like a court ordering that every agreement the president entered into while holding the office of secretary-general of UN is null, void and of no effect on the country. Do you agree with this?
Courts don't touch cases that are for theoretical purposes.

1. If the Court says Buni violated the Constitution, will APC be a Party to the suit? Yes, they have to.

2. If APC is Party to the suit, what are the prayers sought for by SERAP?

APC will argue that the case is non-justiceable.
What is the business of SERAP in the internal affairs of the APC?

That's why the only place PDP held them by was Buni's signature. Take out that signature, PDP gat nothing on Buni.
Re: Caretaker Committee: Internal Implosion In APC Seems Inevitable – Banire by fergie001: 12:09am On Aug 02, 2021
Agboriotejoye:

Did Eta go to court? I know he only promised to but I don't think he ultimately did
He did, it was struck out by Justice Taiwo Taiwo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Senate Summons Military Chiefs Over Seized $ 9.3m Cash  / Rate The Performance Of Saraki, The Senate President So Far / Atiku, 40% Of My Cabinet Will Be Women And Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.