Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,047 members, 7,825,335 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

My Wife Called Me A Liar - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Called Me A Liar (4797 Views)

3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying / My Wife Called, Crying That She Is Pregnant Again / Wife Called Husband "dumb" And The Inlaws : (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Wife Called Me A Liar by vanariso(m): 3:54pm On Aug 27, 2007
On saturday my wife and myself were preparing for a drama presentation in church and part of the drama items is a wedding cake. we placed order for one real cake but when it came it was too small to ba a wedding cake, so i took money for my personal purse to make a dummy cake of 3,000 naira. when my wife came back i explained to her , she just started shouting that why must i do that, that she has paid for another cake , that why should i do a cake for 3,000 that is not rational that maybe im lieing that i did it for 1,ooo.

please, advice me on what to do.

thank you all
Re: My Wife Called Me A Liar by ClimieNH89: 3:58pm On Aug 27, 2007
Your wife has issues.

Next!
Re: My Wife Called Me A Liar by osereka(m): 4:04pm On Aug 27, 2007
let us know are you the man of the house abi na your woman
MY WIFE CAN NEVER CALL ME A LIER EVEN IF I LIE SAY NA ME BE
THE SENATE PRESIDENT OF FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA
Re: My Wife Called Me A Liar by ClimieNH89: 4:10pm On Aug 27, 2007
She won't call you a LIER but she'll definitely call you a LIAR!

@ Ose
Man of the house ko, man of the house ni.
Re: My Wife Called Me A Liar by osereka(m): 4:42pm On Aug 27, 2007
GUYS IN THE HOUSE ,
allways let your woman know that you are the man of the house,
and that
coolyou have the upper hand even when the hand is hanging low by your side cool
Re: My Wife Called Me A Liar by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:46pm On Aug 27, 2007
should have discussed it with her before buying something else

That's what married couples do

she called you a liar, your point?
Re: My Wife Called Me A Liar by labiyemmy(m): 4:47pm On Aug 27, 2007
this is a domestic issue - u want to get advice from the public so that u can go home and vent the advice on your wife? and to me, it is a question of simply taking her where you made it or phone them and let her confirm or simply just let it go.

this na small isuue o before u let Nairalanders blow it big for u.
Re: My Wife Called Me A Liar by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:56pm On Aug 27, 2007
very true.

I pity your wife that has a dude that runs to a forum for martial advice esp for something so irrelevant
Re: My Wife Called Me A Liar by Seun(m): 6:53pm On Aug 27, 2007
Ignore all the "advice" you've gotten so far about being a "man" and battering your wife. Just discuss it with her.
Re: My Wife Called Me A Liar by champredd(m): 6:59pm On Aug 27, 2007
Calling your spouse a lair does not come out of the blue there must be some past events where you prove to be a lair. Check it out and make amends.
Re: My Wife Called Me A Liar by CrazyMan(m): 7:02pm On Aug 27, 2007
That woman lacks respect. I mean what’s her business in the matter. You already made it clear to us that you collected the money from you personal pause. So if you decide to buy a cake worthN3000, N10, 000 or even one million Naira, it’s none of her business because:
1. You are the man of the house and
2. You are the owner of the money.

So I would advise you to call her and tell her to apologize to for insulting your (her husband) personality. She must know how to show some respect to you who married her.
Re: My Wife Called Me A Liar by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:19pm On Aug 27, 2007
You make me sick everytime you write something.
Re: My Wife Called Me A Liar by benit(f): 2:00pm On Aug 28, 2007
What kind of a man would come and seek advice from a public forum for such a domestic matter?
My advice to you: Lie her on your sofa and give her 24 strokes of the cane or throw her properties out.
Re: My Wife Called Me A Liar by osereka(m): 2:02pm On Aug 28, 2007
@crazy kid, thats more like it.
I paid her dowry from my hard earned money,
I bougth the cake with my money
she now call me a liar, WHAT FOR? MEN YOU ARE A LOOSER!

@thief of hearts,
when you get married to a REAL MAN, call him liar! then you will know the different between man and REAL MAN
Re: My Wife Called Me A Liar by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:53pm On Aug 28, 2007
Please stop referring to me.

keep your idiotic brutish words to yourself and those that care to read them.

Thanks.
Re: My Wife Called Me A Liar by omoge(f): 3:50pm On Aug 28, 2007
you are wrong in the first place. when it comes to domestic/food stuffs like cake, you should have communicated with your wife. communication is important. there is nothing wrong letting your wife know hey this is what is happening and am trying to order another. then she will let you know she already ordered etc.

but you fiam, go order cake, na hungry of cake catch you reach like that? abeg let your wife handle cake matter unless she isn't around. no vex sha for her calling you liar, na you cause the wahala by not communicating.

next time communicate it's important o.
Re: My Wife Called Me A Liar by ebos(m): 3:58pm On Aug 28, 2007
Little misunderstanding like this could be brought to Nairaland? So, a couple cannot misunderstand issues? Haba!
Re: My Wife Called Me A Liar by mamaput(f): 3:59pm On Aug 28, 2007
how horrible that a small thing like that can be carried so high.
I just hate men that cannot let things go.

crazykid  there is no difference between a "real man" as you call it  and a real  bulldog.
It takes more to be a real man than bashing a woman. much more
Re: My Wife Called Me A Liar by osereka(m): 4:08pm On Aug 28, 2007
anoda divoucy
Re: My Wife Called Me A Liar by mamaput(f): 4:29pm On Aug 28, 2007
osereka:

another divoucy
Thank god for small mercy's. then if my ex had beaten me. i would now be in jail for man saluter.
Re: My Wife Called Me A Liar by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:37pm On Aug 28, 2007
not sure why you are responding to that numbskull, mamaput.
Re: My Wife Called Me A Liar by mamaput(f): 4:57pm On Aug 28, 2007
Abi its like begging for insult.
Re: My Wife Called Me A Liar by CrazyMan(m): 1:33pm On Aug 30, 2007
@ThiefOfHearts
I make you sick, how?
Re: My Wife Called Me A Liar by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:18pm On Aug 30, 2007
You cant possibly be serious with that question.
Re: My Wife Called Me A Liar by CrazyMan(m): 2:28pm On Aug 30, 2007
Well that's what you said
Re: My Wife Called Me A Liar by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:32pm On Aug 30, 2007
and I still stand by it.
Re: My Wife Called Me A Liar by ssRhino: 11:40pm On Aug 30, 2007
You could have called her and discuss with her over the fone be4 doing it, and besides, after doing it and she called you a liar, just hold her and tell her you were sorry for not explaining to her before hands, but u just did cos u thought that was the best thing to have done at that time, however, u might have thread the path of lying in da past, cos she wont just wake up one day and call you a liar.
Please, dont listen all those advice of being the man of the house, she is your wife, yuo are the head and all that, however, she is human with blood running thru her vein, so she could flip her lid sometimes, and i am sure some of these men making mouth, such are those that the wife will slap and tell them to kneel down and raise up their hands, i beg dont mind them, it is yuor home and yu have to make it aiight at home, remember, being a xtian, if your home is not OK, God cant bless you, good luck, please try and make it up to her sha
Re: My Wife Called Me A Liar by omoge(f): 11:54pm On Aug 30, 2007
$$Rhino, you be better guy  grin. poster listen to Rhino's comment okay.

na true you talk. it's about time couples consult each other. afterall it's something relating to food/entertainment. should have made your wife do it or at least let her know the next plan since the first plan went wrong. anyway, it's not bad if you call your wife and tell her you are sorry for making the quick decision of ordering the cake.

good luck and hope you both resolve it my friend  wink.
Re: My Wife Called Me A Liar by osereka(m): 11:26am On Aug 31, 2007
boy,
dem don kill you for nairaland o
haa!, haba! you wifey called you liar,
dem still de advise you say make you kneel down and beg her
MEEEEN YOU ARE DEAD IF YOU TRY THAT! give woman an inch, and she becomes the ruler!
Re: My Wife Called Me A Liar by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:03pm On Aug 31, 2007
Rhino I applaud you. Everyone else is brain dead.
Re: My Wife Called Me A Liar by tnaidaR(f): 9:29pm On Aug 31, 2007
I understand it pains to be called a liar but umm. . can't this be settled there and then? Have sleepless nights over this and even come and say it on a forum? Dear Lord, I reject such a man! embarassed

Crazykid, please delete my Yahoo!ID from your list. Thought you were better than this. Damn you kid!
Re: My Wife Called Me A Liar by CrazyMan(m): 2:12pm On Sep 01, 2007
Has it come to that?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do African Men Act Like They Are Doing Women A Favour…? / Build Your Family House In Kuje Abuja / Japanese Woman Gives Up Baby, Sues Sperm Donor For $3 Million After Learning He

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.