Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,137 members, 7,849,559 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:52 AM

To Ooni Alafin And The 28 Ojogbons. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / To Ooni Alafin And The 28 Ojogbons. (1216 Views)

Profile Of The 28 Ministerial Nominees Appointed By PBAT / Atiku, Wife Pay Courtesy Visit To Ooni Of Ife (Photos) / Ademola Adeleke Arrives Ile Ife To Pay Homage To Ooni Of Ife (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

To Ooni Alafin And The 28 Ojogbons. by orunto27: 7:08am On Aug 03, 2021
YORUBA IS THE HOLY SPIRIT (EMI MIMO).

I. BELIEVE IN OLODUMARE.

I. BELIEVE IN ODUDUWA.

I. BELIEVE IN TRADITIONAL RULERS.

COMMON SENSIBLE ISN'T IT?
Re: To Ooni Alafin And The 28 Ojogbons. by Christistruth00: 8:00am On Aug 03, 2021
orunto27:
YORUBA IS THE HOLY SPIRIT (EMI MIMO).

I. BELIEVE IN OLODUMARE.

I. BELIEVE IN ODUDUWA.

I. BELIEVE IN TRADITIONAL RULERS.

COMMON SENSIBLE ISN'T IT?

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Jesus Christ

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To Ooni Alafin And The 28 Ojogbons. by orisa37: 11:54am On Aug 03, 2021
Christistruth00:

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Jesus Christ

Yes. You are right. Apart from ADAM AND EVE, GOD CREATED OTHERS MALES AND FEMALES, ODUDUWA WAS ONE OF THEM. ODUDUWA IS A SON OF GOD WITH THE SCEPTRE OF YORUBA THE HOLY SPIRIT. THE SPIRIT OF AFONJA IS EVIL TO THE YORUBA SPIRIT OF RIGHTEOUSNESS.
Re: To Ooni Alafin And The 28 Ojogbons. by Christistruth00: 1:00pm On Aug 03, 2021
orisa37:

Yes. You are right. Apart from ADAM AND EVE, GOD CREATED OTHERS MALES AND FEMALES, ODUDUWA WAS ONE OF THEM. ODUDUWA IS A SON OF GOD WITH THE SCEPTRE OF YORUBA THE HOLY SPIRIT. THE SPIRIT OF AFONJA IS EVIL TO THE YORUBA SPIRIT OF RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Oduduwa was a Man who was the Father of the Yoruba dynasty of Kings from Ife that Conquered and took over from the Obatala dynasty of Igbo Kings at Ile Ife.

He was deified as a God after his death just like Sango and Ogun who had been Alaafins of Oyo were

1 Like

Re: To Ooni Alafin And The 28 Ojogbons. by Olu317(m): 1:17pm On Aug 03, 2021
Christistruth00:

Oduduwa was a Man who was the Father of the Yoruba dynasty of Kings from Ife that Conquered and took over from the Obatala dynasty of Igbo Kings at Ile Ife.

He was deified as a God after his death just like Sango and Ogun who had been Alaafins of Oyo were

Ogún didnt reign in Oyo. Instead,he reigned as regent Ọ́ọ̀ni before being deposed by usurpers.
Re: To Ooni Alafin And The 28 Ojogbons. by Christistruth00: 2:25pm On Aug 03, 2021
Olu317:
Ogún didnt reign in Oyo. Instead,he reigned as regent Ọ́ọ̀ni before being deposed by usurpers.

Sorry Ogun was the 4 th Ooni I was trying to remember if he ruled in Oyo or Ife

Anyway even the defeated Obatala was deified

Yorubas need to stop worshipping their dead ancestors and turn to Jesus and the Living God

God gave us all those heroic leaders so that wore could observe his move and Plans for our Nation not that we should Worship the men he used to build us into a Nation

There is no way you would look at Yoruba History and not see the Miraculous hand of God moving and working out his Purpose to make us a great People to carry out his Purpose of helping Africa out from Idolatry and the Dark Ages into his Glorious Purpose and light

Yorubas have been a Nation for more than 1000 years and despite numerous adversity through the Centuries they are still getting Stronger

It Could only be Almighty God
Re: To Ooni Alafin And The 28 Ojogbons. by aremuforlife(m): 3:01pm On Aug 03, 2021
Christistruth00:

Yorubas need to stop worshipping their dead ancestors and turn to Jesus and the Living God

God gave us all those heroic leaders so that wore could observe his move and Plans for our Nation not that we should Worship the men he used to build us into a Nation

There is no way you would look at Yoruba History and not see the Miraculous hand of God moving and working out his Purpose to make us a great People to carry out his Purpose of helping Africa out from Idolatry and the Dark Ages into his Glorious Purpose and light

Yorubas have been a Nation for more than 1000 years and despite numerous adversity through the Centuries they are still getting Stronger

You are ignorant of other people's beliefs, you ways are diifferent to them, that does not make you more righteous than them. If you manage to ask them about their religion, they will tell you how the worshipped their God and you will discover that bothered your God and theirs are the same, "the unknown God" act 17vs23.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To Ooni Alafin And The 28 Ojogbons. by theTranscriber: 3:15pm On Aug 03, 2021
orisa37:

afonja is not evil

He only made a mistake
Re: To Ooni Alafin And The 28 Ojogbons. by theTranscriber: 3:25pm On Aug 03, 2021
Christistruth00:

I am not for this
I am for all Yoruba should go back to their gods
And stop worshipping the colonial masters god

Re: To Ooni Alafin And The 28 Ojogbons. by Nobody: 3:32pm On Aug 03, 2021
Religion is a personal endeavor.
Re: To Ooni Alafin And The 28 Ojogbons. by Christistruth00: 3:33pm On Aug 03, 2021
theTranscriber:
I am not for this
I am for all Yoruba should go back to their gods
And stop worshipping the colonial masters god

Like the Athenians st Paul preached to in the Acts of Apostle the Yoruba Worshiped God (Olodumare) but in a Wrong Idolatrous way

That was why Jesus came to show us the Truth and the right way to Worship God Almighty

Coptic Egypt and Ethiopia were Christians before Christianity reached England , Germany and France

It is because some Yoruba are holding onto Idolatry that Ritual Murders and Witchcraft fill the Land
Re: To Ooni Alafin And The 28 Ojogbons. by theTranscriber: 3:39pm On Aug 03, 2021
Christistruth00:

Like the Athenians st Paul preached to in the Acts of Apostle the Yoruba Worshiped God (Olodumare) but in a Wrong Idolatrous way

That was why Jesus came to show us the Truth and the right way to Worship God Almighty

Coptic Egypt and Ethiopia were Christians before Christianity reached England , Germany and France

It is because some Yoruba are holding onto Idolatry that Ritual Murders fill the Land
The Vatican is a "holy land" yet people kill and priests rape underage boys

Re: To Ooni Alafin And The 28 Ojogbons. by aremuforlife(m): 3:39pm On Aug 03, 2021
Christistruth00:

It is because some Yoruba are holding onto Idolatry that Ritual Murders fill the Land
You failed to understand st Paul, he never said they worshipped their God wrongly but to show them who the God they worshipped his, he was their to introduced them to his God, but later discovered that they worshipped the same God he wanted to introduced them to.
Re: To Ooni Alafin And The 28 Ojogbons. by Christistruth00: 3:40pm On Aug 03, 2021
theTranscriber:

The Vatican is a "holy land" yet people kill and priests rape underage boys

The Vatican is not Jesus Christ it is a man made Organisation just like the Ogboni are
Re: To Ooni Alafin And The 28 Ojogbons. by aremuforlife(m): 3:41pm On Aug 03, 2021
Read below

Re: To Ooni Alafin And The 28 Ojogbons. by theTranscriber: 3:43pm On Aug 03, 2021
Christistruth00:

The Vatican is not Jesus Christ it is a man made Organisation just like the Ogboni are
how is it man made?
Well that's your business

What I wrote there is just to tell you that evil and good will always live side by side

Re: To Ooni Alafin And The 28 Ojogbons. by Christistruth00: 4:59pm On Aug 03, 2021
aremuforlife:

You failed to understand st Paul, he never said they worshipped their God wrongly but to show them who the God they worshipped his, he was their to introduced them to his God, but later discovered that they worshipped the same God he wanted to introduced them to.

Acts 17. 22-29 niv

23For as I walked around and looked carefully at your objects of worship, I even found an altar with this inscription: TO AN UNKNOWN GOD. So you are ignorant of the very thing you worship—and this is what I am going to proclaim to you.

24“The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by human hands. 25And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything. Rather, he himself gives everyone life and breath and everything else. 26From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands. 27God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us. 28‘For in him we live and move and have our being.’ b As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are his offspring.’ c

29“Therefore since we are God’s offspring, we should not think that the divine being is like gold or silver or stone—an image made by human design and skill. 30In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent. 31For he has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to everyone by raising him from the dead.”
Re: To Ooni Alafin And The 28 Ojogbons. by Christistruth00: 5:04pm On Aug 03, 2021
aremuforlife:
Read below

Acts 4 18-19

18Then they called them in again and commanded them not to speak or teach at all in the name of Jesus. 19But Peter and John replied, “Which is right in God’s eyes: to listen to you, or to him? You be the judges! 20As for us, we cannot help speaking about what we have seen and heard.”
Re: To Ooni Alafin And The 28 Ojogbons. by Olu317(m): 7:15pm On Aug 03, 2021
Christistruth00:

Ogun is rated as as second but overpowered by anti odua subgroup. Thereafter he left and excel as a warrior king in different places and eventually died in a supposedly land identified as Ṣàkì.

On veneration of ancestors, whom we call orisa(generic name for extraordinary persons who are defied) as well leaving legends and precisely a name given to Yorubas by their God.

You see, veneration exist in the Bible you read as well as Quran! Surprising to you¿ or you have not given it a deep thought? In the old testament, even in the new testament , people mention names of outstanding prophets when praying, so it is same as in Yoruba traditional religion.

Plainly, the Yoruba Ifaodu is a pathfinder and Yoruba people are extraordinary people in many areas even if they are fallable. Perhaps, if you take a lesson on Ifaodu , certainly your eyes will see what a lot who criticise Yoruba ifaodu.

Are you aware the Jesus you talk about has Ifaodu that mentioned his birth ?

Finally[b],
1Samuel 30vs7[/b] says And David said to Abiathar the priest, Ahimelech's son, I pray thee bring me hither the ephod to David

1[b]Samuel 30 versus 8[/b]
And David inquired of the Lord, “Shall I pursue after this band? Shall I overtake them?” He answered him, “Pursue, for you shall surely overtake and shall surely rescue.”

The above information is the statement credited to David , according to the Bible. Interestigngly, the Ephod is amazingly oracular with ritual attribute to it. The western scholar claims that:

An ephod (Hebrew: אֵפוֹד‎ ’êp̄ōḏ; /ˈɛfɒd/ or /ˈiːfɒd/) was an artifact and an object to be revered in ancient Israelite culture, and was closely connected with oracular practices and priestly ritual.

Yorubas have a highly RIcH history with amazing religion that's second to non on earth. So, on rejecting veneration of ancestors to connect to Almighty Eledumare is also highlighted in what Yoruba Ifaodu identified as orí O'orọ́ (head at dawn ).

1 Like

Re: To Ooni Alafin And The 28 Ojogbons. by rhektor(m): 7:53pm On Aug 03, 2021
aremuforlife:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........
Paul actually played a fast one on them. The Ephesians are a people given to religion, they have several shrines, different gods so much that they have one with which they have no name for. They are a people who feel that there could be a god that they did not know, so as not to offend such a God they made a a shrine to the UNKNOWN GOD
When he read on a certain shrine the title "to the unknown god" Paul claim that the God whom they did not know is the one he is introducing to them.
Re: To Ooni Alafin And The 28 Ojogbons. by aremuforlife(m): 7:57pm On Aug 03, 2021
rhektor:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........
Paul actually played a fast one on them. The Ephesians are a people given to religion, they have several shrines, different gods so much that they have one with which they have no name for. They are a people who feel that there could be a god that they did not know, so as not to offend such a God they made a a shrine to the UNKNOWN GOD
When he read on a certain shrine the title "to the unknown god" Paul claim that the God whom they did not know is the one he is introducing to them.
Your assumption or your interpretation
Act 17vs23
New living Translation
for as I was walking along I saw your many shrines. And one of your altars had this inscription on it: ‘To an Unknown God.’ This God, whom you worship without knowing, is the one I’m telling you about
Re: To Ooni Alafin And The 28 Ojogbons. by rhektor(m): 7:58pm On Aug 03, 2021
aremuforlife:

Your assumption or your interpretation
Act 17vs23
New living Translation
for as I was walking along I saw your many shrines. And one of your altars had this inscription on it: ‘To an Unknown God.’ This God, whom you worship without knowing, is the one I’m telling you about

How is this different from what I write up there? undecided

1 Like

Re: To Ooni Alafin And The 28 Ojogbons. by Tinubuadvocate: 9:32pm On Aug 03, 2021
[[s]quote author=Christistruth00 post=104386253]

It Could only be Almighty God[/quote][/s]why are you ashame of your igbo heritage.
Re: To Ooni Alafin And The 28 Ojogbons. by orisa37: 4:30am On Aug 04, 2021
theTranscriber:
afonja is not evil

He only made a mistake

I didn't say AFONJA physically. I said the SPIRIT and his Mistake has cost us so far and has brought out the evil in BUHARI, THE SULTAN AND THE EMIR OF DAURA.

BUHARI hates AWOLOWO, OBASANJO, FALAE.

TINUBU should know this. TINUBU should cooperate with WOLE SOYINKA, BANJI AKINTOYE, AYO BANJO, OBASANJO, FALAE, ALAFIN, OONI, Osinbajo, AKEREDOLU TO SHINE, SHOW, LIVE AND MOVE YORUBA AND NIGERIA FORWARD.
Re: To Ooni Alafin And The 28 Ojogbons. by orisa37: 4:49am On Aug 04, 2021
ODUDUWA LIVED CONTEMPORANEOUSLY WITH ADAM AND EVIL. HE IS A COVENANT (BOND) OF OLODUMARE.
Re: To Ooni Alafin And The 28 Ojogbons. by orisa37: 4:56am On Aug 04, 2021
ODU-DU-IWA CAN'T YOU HEAR THE SOUND? HE IS THE BOND OF THE BONDMAKER. ODU-DU-IWA OLO-DU-MARE.
Re: To Ooni Alafin And The 28 Ojogbons. by RZArecta(m): 6:49am On Aug 04, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
[[s]quote author=Christistruth00 post=104386253]

It Could only be Almighty God[/s]why are you ashame of your igbo heritage.
you haven't stopped this your mumu character, we're here enjoying intelligent conversations and gbam, you come with your tribal bigotry... Shior

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sacking Gov. Buni As Its leader Is The Biggest Mistake APC Can Make - FFK / Igbo LGAs In Delta And Rivers Should Become Part Of The SE / Just Ponder For A Minute (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.