Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,700 members, 7,820,447 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:02 PM

As A Fresh Graduate Is Relocating To Canada For Msc Better Than Getting A Job - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / As A Fresh Graduate Is Relocating To Canada For Msc Better Than Getting A Job (19045 Views)

Nigerian Lady Fired From New Job In Canada For Saying Sorry Too Much / Launching a Career in 2024: Advise a Fresh Graduate / What Is The Way Forward For A Fresh Graduate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Fresh Graduate Is Relocating To Canada For Msc Better Than Getting A Job by mohammibb: 4:20pm On Aug 04, 2021
donlet:
As a fresh graduate in Nigeria after the NYSC, is relocating to canada through study Visa to do Msc and possbily getting a canadian PR after graduation better than trying to get a job here in Nigeria.

We all know it quite difficult to get job here but the cost of education in canada too is a factor one has to consider.

What is your take on this?

Let's share opinions.
Oga dem no dey tell farmer say day don break, Y u dey seek opinion for matter wey solution dey your front, no go Canada, stay make shot man devil and longman dictionary destroy your career

1 Like

Re: As A Fresh Graduate Is Relocating To Canada For Msc Better Than Getting A Job by Sanctecosma(m): 4:22pm On Aug 04, 2021
If you have the means/opportunity, my brother jakpa o.
Re: As A Fresh Graduate Is Relocating To Canada For Msc Better Than Getting A Job by pacificom: 4:25pm On Aug 04, 2021
Your future plan will determine.
Re: As A Fresh Graduate Is Relocating To Canada For Msc Better Than Getting A Job by stankovic09: 4:36pm On Aug 04, 2021
work in Nigeria of course....but borrow me ur Visa abeg...I want to confirm something.
Re: As A Fresh Graduate Is Relocating To Canada For Msc Better Than Getting A Job by kyrianken(m): 4:41pm On Aug 04, 2021
Kindly don't waste the opportunity to leave Nigeria, at the moment leaving Nigeria is the best option. Let me ask you, what sector (Education, Security, Health, Power, Transportation, etc ) is working ?

Kindly leave Naija and be patriotic from there until, this system gets better
Re: As A Fresh Graduate Is Relocating To Canada For Msc Better Than Getting A Job by mechanics(m): 6:03pm On Aug 04, 2021
He should pray about it.
Re: As A Fresh Graduate Is Relocating To Canada For Msc Better Than Getting A Job by Jeremani: 6:09pm On Aug 04, 2021
If you had ask this question during obasonjo time i wouldn't have had problem with you. But asking this question in this cow era, i must ask
how legit that your result is?
Re: As A Fresh Graduate Is Relocating To Canada For Msc Better Than Getting A Job by Falconx47: 6:36pm On Aug 04, 2021
donlet:
As a fresh graduate in Nigeria after the NYSC, is relocating to canada through study Visa to do Msc and possbily getting a canadian PR after graduation better than trying to get a job here in Nigeria.

We all know it quite difficult to get job here but the cost of education in canada too is a factor one has to consider.

Let's share opinions.

Is a job in Nigeria available and guaranteed? Is the funds or avenue for studying in Canada available? Those are the things to consider.

Finding gainful employment in Nigeria is like looking for needle in a haystack even for the most skilled graduates. And in my experience, if you want to leave the country it's always best to leave as early as possible, so that you'd spend your youthful years pursuing a future you can picture. Once you get older, it'll become more difficult to get a study visa for example.

So if the employment you talk about is not yet available and guaranteed, please by all means go for the abroad study, unless the means to do so isn't available too.
Re: As A Fresh Graduate Is Relocating To Canada For Msc Better Than Getting A Job by abidexluv5: 6:42pm On Aug 04, 2021
Na mumu go still think twice on best option.
Re: As A Fresh Graduate Is Relocating To Canada For Msc Better Than Getting A Job by slevan: 6:48pm On Aug 04, 2021
Relocate already
Re: As A Fresh Graduate Is Relocating To Canada For Msc Better Than Getting A Job by VTJN(m): 6:53pm On Aug 04, 2021
Decency2020:
Any fresh graduate who has opportunity of migrating to Canada for further studies but is having divided mind about looking for job in Nigeria is not qualified to be called a graduate because he is olodo. He must be investigated by abba kyari to unravel where he bought his certificate
Everybody should leave the country abi
Re: As A Fresh Graduate Is Relocating To Canada For Msc Better Than Getting A Job by phemmyfour: 6:55pm On Aug 04, 2021
donlet:

Let's share opinions.
You better Japa asap
Re: As A Fresh Graduate Is Relocating To Canada For Msc Better Than Getting A Job by VTJN(m): 7:09pm On Aug 04, 2021
Bukasint:

You even have time to wait for NYSC to finish. I was already in my second month in North West.I dumped the useless program when my master clicked. Mine was a scholarship and a research assistant. You don't need to waste your time. I am already eyeing one Oyibo guy self here. You have to make every good opportunity not to return to this failed state. Early next yr am writing my STEP ONE( USMLE).
wow! That's impressive

Please how did you tailored your statement of purpose and cv to get the scholarship?

I will be sending my application for scholarship to a school any time soon

Btw, I'm presently serving in the south west. Seriously no hope of getting job in this messy country. Getting out of this country is my best bet!
Re: As A Fresh Graduate Is Relocating To Canada For Msc Better Than Getting A Job by MummyD2020(f): 7:24pm On Aug 04, 2021
Itzlinda:

How aboout someone that's 28 with no msc?

People above 40 are running out u are saying 28
Re: As A Fresh Graduate Is Relocating To Canada For Msc Better Than Getting A Job by Henri8: 7:25pm On Aug 04, 2021
JAPPPPPPPAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!
Re: As A Fresh Graduate Is Relocating To Canada For Msc Better Than Getting A Job by Gfskw: 10:05pm On Aug 04, 2021
Everything is better than nigeria even drugs
Re: As A Fresh Graduate Is Relocating To Canada For Msc Better Than Getting A Job by SPLENDID25(m): 5:04am On Aug 05, 2021
Falconx47:

Is a job in Nigeria available and guaranteed? Is the funds or avenue for studying in Canada available? Those are the things to consider.

Finding gainful employment in Nigeria is like looking for needle in a haystack even for the most skilled graduates. And in my experience, if you want to leave the country it's always best to leave as early as possible, so that you'd spend your youthful years pursuing a future you can picture. Once you get older, it'll become more difficult to get a study visa for example.

So if the employment you talk about is not yet available and guaranteed, please by all means go for the abroad study, unless the means to do so isn't available too.
older? Like What Age?
Re: As A Fresh Graduate Is Relocating To Canada For Msc Better Than Getting A Job by yommen: 8:22am On Aug 05, 2021
Dukeolumidemans:
Yes relocating to Canada, Australia or US is far far better than getting a job in this shit hole called a country, where ur safety and almost nothing is guaranteed. Please do it as soon as possible and don't look back.

But seriously, does anybody need any advise before he decides in this present age and time in Nigeria?
Re: As A Fresh Graduate Is Relocating To Canada For Msc Better Than Getting A Job by Falconx47: 9:15am On Aug 05, 2021
SPLENDID25:
older? Like What Age?

Yes na, by the time a person is 30-ish, it's a lot harder to convince a visa officer that you are really going for study and not japa-ing. Social responsibilities will be in the picture, etc and they have studied and know all this. If a person wants to move, the younger the better.
Re: As A Fresh Graduate Is Relocating To Canada For Msc Better Than Getting A Job by captainbangz: 9:21am On Aug 05, 2021
Falconx47:

Yes na, by the time a person is 30-ish, it's a lot harder to convince a visa officer that you are really going for study and not japa-ing. Social responsibilities will be in the picture, etc and they have studied and know all this. If a person wants to move, the younger the better.
same person, please lets talk via mail
Re: As A Fresh Graduate Is Relocating To Canada For Msc Better Than Getting A Job by Falconx47: 9:54am On Aug 05, 2021
captainbangz:
same person, please lets talk via mail

Hi, I do not have access to the email I used to sign up here, what is it that you would like to discuss? maybe others can learn and contribute too, if we discuss here, unless it's a secret? wink
Re: As A Fresh Graduate Is Relocating To Canada For Msc Better Than Getting A Job by Dukeolumidemans(m): 12:24pm On Aug 05, 2021
yommen:

But seriously, does anybody need any advise before he decides in this present age and time in Nigeria?

Some people are still blind to facts and most are confused...
Re: As A Fresh Graduate Is Relocating To Canada For Msc Better Than Getting A Job by seangy4konji: 5:07pm On Aug 05, 2021
Foolish question.
Re: As A Fresh Graduate Is Relocating To Canada For Msc Better Than Getting A Job by captainbangz: 6:49pm On Aug 05, 2021
Falconx47:

Hi, I do not have access to the email I used to sign up here, what is it that you would like to discuss? maybe others can learn and contribute too, if we discuss here, unless it's a secret? wink
Ok, I am currently a student hoping to either join the Nigerian Army or travel abroad, by God's grace after studies. But unfortunately, I will be like 28yo when I complete my NYSC by God's grace. Now the question is, how possible is this for someone who has no one(even both parents are gone)? And do you have any idea how some people manage to stay back after studies? Because I have heard many people on here say they return back after studies. in Which country does one have the likeliness to stay back after studies, and can one get a fully funded scholarship (covering both traveling cost and maybe monthly stipends)for his/her postgraduate studies in such countries? This is the only thing that's keeping me motivated to put in my best in school. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: As A Fresh Graduate Is Relocating To Canada For Msc Better Than Getting A Job by Falconx47: 12:37am On Aug 06, 2021
captainbangz:
Ok, I am currently a student hoping to either join the Nigerian Army or travel abroad, by God's grace after studies. But unfortunately, I will be like 28yo when I complete my NYSC by God's grace. Now the question is, how possible is this for someone who has no one(even both parents are gone)? And do you have any idea how some people manage to stay back after studies? Because I have heard many people on here say they return back after studies. in Which country does one have the likeliness to stay back after studies, and can one get a fully funded scholarship (covering both traveling cost and maybe monthly stipends)for his/her postgraduate studies in such countries? This is the only thing that's keeping me motivated to put in my best in school. Thanks in anticipation.

I do not know a thing about joining the army, traveling abroad the legit way takes considerable resources unless you're lucky enough to get some form of scholarship. I understand your situation, being that you may not have a readily available sponsor, but it's very possible to achieve your goals with the right information, efforts and God's grace.

I think you need to dig into the travel section of nairaland as a starting point, there are threads for schooling in different countries, you will find tons of clues and resources there, regarding all you have asked above, and you'll also meet like minded persons you can ask some of these questions.

1 Like

Re: As A Fresh Graduate Is Relocating To Canada For Msc Better Than Getting A Job by shantti(m): 11:07pm On Sep 30, 2021
Nyanabo:
Bro this is the option I'm also considering. What's holding me now is my Nysc. Which I just registered. After completion of it by God's grace I'm off. But don't wait until you finish your nysc. Start the process in the middle of your nysc. Cause it takes time.

It will also give you room to sort yourself out.

Best wish. Don't think twice about it. 20hrs of part-time work is guaranteed over there.

Please how do one go about this,what are the steps that are needed to be taken while still in NYSC, thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do Banks Sponsor Employees For Prison Tour? / Nigerian Institute Of Safety Professionals - How Relevant? / Payporte Staff Not Paid Salary In Months – Pension And Tax Not Remitted In Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.