Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,950 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

Scots Couple Wed, Ditch Clothes And Invite Island Goat As Only Guest - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Scots Couple Wed, Ditch Clothes And Invite Island Goat As Only Guest (63605 Views)

Couple Absent At Their Wedding, Wed With Photos In Lagos / Couple Wed After 9 Years Of "I'll Go & Make Money, Come Back & Marry You" / Couple Wed: No Wedding Gown, No Cake, Rice, Wine, Chicken, Soft Drinks (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scots Couple Wed, Ditch Clothes And Invite Island Goat As Only Guest by fergie001: 4:31pm On Aug 04, 2021
A loved up Scots couple who tied the knot on a remote beach became the talk of the island after having a random pet goat as their only guest.

Neil and Corrie Gren didn’t want the fuss of a typical wedding and decided to elope to the Isle of Jura for a more intimate ceremony.

The newlyweds, who got together around two years ago, jumped on two ferries and travelled over to the Inner Hebrides from their home in North Ayrshire, on July 20.

Bodybuilder Corrie, 43, ditched the traditional white dress in favour of a skimpy show bikini while powerlifter Neil, 40, donned his finest kilt.

Corrie asked a designer to create a sequenced wedding bikini that cost her more than £200 for her big day.

Registrar Heather Cameron had arranged for their special guest - a goat named Raymond - to be present alongside two witnesses for the nuptials.

The only guest at the couple's ceremony was a random goat
Joiner Neil, who is originally from Dumbarton, said: “Apparently we were the talk of the island. It’s just the way me and my wife are. We like to be very different.

“We wanted to get married because we’re in love and didn’t want to really share it with anybody. We didn’t want the big flash wedding, we just wanted it to be us on a nice beach.

We didn’t know the weather was going to be like this way back in February when we booked it so we just got very, very lucky.

“I called Heather, the registrar on Jura, and I explained what we wanted to do. I told her I was just going to be wearing a kilt and Corrie would be in a stage bikini.

Registrar Heather Cameron conducted the picturesque wedding

Neil went bare-chested to tie the knot, while Corrie wore a skimpy bikini
“We wanted something a bit different so we decided we’d like to have a goat at the wedding too.

“Once she stopped laughing down the phone, she said it sounded brilliant and to leave it with her.

“We drove across on the day, jumped on the two ferries and got married. We came back down the road and stayed at Loch Fyne for the night.

“We just like to do things our way, a bit different from normal. We don’t like being like sheep by copying everyone else. So we got a goat. His name is Raymond and he belongs to a girl on the island.

“One of the things people keep asking us is ‘why a goat?’ And that’s exactly why. Because it makes people ask the question.

Raymond belongs to a woman who lives on the island
“When you see the pictures, you could be mistaken for thinking we’re in Spain or something with the trees in the background. It was lovely. Everything just fell into place. The day was perfect.”

Corrie told the Record: “It was just picture perfect in so many ways. The weather helped tremendously.

“We originally wanted to go to Miami and get married on the beach and then go to the gym as soon as we got married but then Covid hit.

“Eventually we thought why should we let Covid ruin our plans?”

She added: “The goat was so great,” she said. “I love goats and I just thought it would be something really, really different.

“I just got back to work today and the guys had bought be a baby cuddly toy goat.”

Corrie said she was determined to avoid the pressure that so often comes with planning a modern day wedding.

She said: “I don’t like to be like everybody else and I like to do things that nobody else has done before.

“I think so often now people have big weddings for the show and the Instagram pictures and I just thought right I doing this with no hair, no make-up.

“I was going to go to Morrisons and buy a bouquet of flowers there and my friend said please let me get you a proper bouquet of flowers so that was the only thing I allowed.”

The couple took two ferries to get married on the Isle of Jura
Corrie and Neil hope they can fulfil the wish of going to Miami soon but say they now appreciate the beauty of Scotland more than ever.

“We want to go on a nice honeymoon but it’s the unknown at the moment,” said Corrie.

“To be honest I now think if we get better weather I would love to explore Scotland more too.”

The husband and wife fitness fanatics first met in September 2019 at the gym. They soon fell in love and have affectionately become known as ‘team chocolate’ to their pals.

Neil explained: “We obviously take care of ourselves - I’m a powerlifter and she’s a bodybuilder - hence getting married in the kilt and the bikini.

“We work hard and we know we look good so we like to play on it a wee bit by calling ourselves ‘Team Chocolate’. It’s just a bit tongue-in-cheek. But everyone knows us as that now.

“We’ve been together for just under two years. We met each other through fitness in the gym and fell in love.

“I’m the male version of Corrie and she’s the female version of me which is why we get along so well. We just click.”

SOURCE

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Scots Couple Wed, Ditch Clothes And Invite Island Goat As Only Guest by ahnie: 4:41pm On Aug 04, 2021
We should practice these type of weddings in Nigeria.

91 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Scots Couple Wed, Ditch Clothes And Invite Island Goat As Only Guest by ahnie: 4:47pm On Aug 04, 2021
The only region where we can't practice these type of weddings is in Yoruba land.
Because people wey go swear for you go plenty cheesy cheesy.

The igboman would successfully coordinate this type of weddings if Ebube marries Ebere he wouldn't mind his goods being the only witness.

The hause would successfully pulled this off if Aminu marries Aisha.the only witness wud be truckloads of sokoto sugarcane.

221 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Scots Couple Wed, Ditch Clothes And Invite Island Goat As Only Guest by Davash222(m): 4:54pm On Aug 04, 2021
This couple na werey o cheesy cheesy

You come person island, you no invite her for your wedding, na her goat you invite grin

134 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Scots Couple Wed, Ditch Clothes And Invite Island Goat As Only Guest by Davash222(m): 4:57pm On Aug 04, 2021
ahnie:
Na your gender go still complain.

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Scots Couple Wed, Ditch Clothes And Invite Island Goat As Only Guest by mardis: 4:57pm On Aug 04, 2021
The photographer nko

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scots Couple Wed, Ditch Clothes And Invite Island Goat As Only Guest by ahnie: 4:58pm On Aug 04, 2021
Davash222:

Na your gender go still complain.

My preferred type of wedding.i'm agoraphobic.

8 Likes

Re: Scots Couple Wed, Ditch Clothes And Invite Island Goat As Only Guest by mariahAngel(f): 4:59pm On Aug 04, 2021
In life, only brave people decide and walk their own course.

34 Likes

Re: Scots Couple Wed, Ditch Clothes And Invite Island Goat As Only Guest by Davash222(m): 4:59pm On Aug 04, 2021
ahnie:
The only region where we can't practice these type of weddings is in Yoruba land.
Because people wey go swear for you go plenty cheesy cheesy.

The igboman would successfully coordinate this type of weddings if Ebube marries Ebere he wouldn't mind his goods being the only witness.

The hause would successfully pulled this off if Aminu marries Aisha.the only witness wud be truckloads of sokoto sugarcane.
Narrator, If Esan marry Ijaw nko

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scots Couple Wed, Ditch Clothes And Invite Island Goat As Only Guest by mariahAngel(f): 5:00pm On Aug 04, 2021
Davash222:

Narrator, If Esan marry Ijaw nko

Kriss, na you abi? grin

2 Likes

Re: Scots Couple Wed, Ditch Clothes And Invite Island Goat As Only Guest by crackhaus: 5:00pm On Aug 04, 2021
It's always a thing of beauty when you see a couple who are 100% in sync.

Some of our sisters will claim that they prefer a quiet and private wedding, but by the time they finish drawing the list of what they require for the wedding, you will start wondering where all the so-called privacy and quiet ran away to. grin

77 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Scots Couple Wed, Ditch Clothes And Invite Island Goat As Only Guest by mariahAngel(f): 5:01pm On Aug 04, 2021
mardis:
The photographer nko

Probably the owner of the goat. grin

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scots Couple Wed, Ditch Clothes And Invite Island Goat As Only Guest by ahnie: 5:01pm On Aug 04, 2021
crackhaus:
It's always a thing of beauty whenever I see a couple who are 100% in sync.

Some of our sisters will tell you they like quiet and private wedding, but by the time they start drawing list, you will be wondering where all the privacy and quiet ran away to. grin
Hello sweetie.
Re: Scots Couple Wed, Ditch Clothes And Invite Island Goat As Only Guest by Davash222(m): 5:02pm On Aug 04, 2021
mariahAngel:

Kriss, na you abi? grin
You love Kriss, you can't hide it any longer.

cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Scots Couple Wed, Ditch Clothes And Invite Island Goat As Only Guest by mariahAngel(f): 5:03pm On Aug 04, 2021
Davash222:

You love Kriss, you can't hide it any longer.

cheesy

Shetup! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Scots Couple Wed, Ditch Clothes And Invite Island Goat As Only Guest by Nuelito: 5:23pm On Aug 04, 2021
Just when I thought I have seen or heard it all

Majority of Nairalanders (Both male and female) are unaware of the dangers of some of the things Mentioned in this particular Post Below

https://www.nairaland.com/6582256

1 Like

Re: Scots Couple Wed, Ditch Clothes And Invite Island Goat As Only Guest by Goldenheart(m): 5:23pm On Aug 04, 2021
grin goat meat peppersoup on my mind

1 Like

Re: Scots Couple Wed, Ditch Clothes And Invite Island Goat As Only Guest by DoggoneDogg: 5:23pm On Aug 04, 2021
In Nigeria, the closest a goat can get to any wedding is inside a pot of peppersoup.

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Scots Couple Wed, Ditch Clothes And Invite Island Goat As Only Guest by Plut01: 5:24pm On Aug 04, 2021

Two Psychos and one Asun.........Not bad.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scots Couple Wed, Ditch Clothes And Invite Island Goat As Only Guest by maureensylvia(f): 5:24pm On Aug 04, 2021
Lol

1 Like

Re: Scots Couple Wed, Ditch Clothes And Invite Island Goat As Only Guest by Nackzy: 5:24pm On Aug 04, 2021
With this people life is really simple

4 Likes

Re: Scots Couple Wed, Ditch Clothes And Invite Island Goat As Only Guest by jimmyolasun: 5:24pm On Aug 04, 2021
Naa tripod Dem use snap
Re: Scots Couple Wed, Ditch Clothes And Invite Island Goat As Only Guest by Kharol1234: 5:25pm On Aug 04, 2021
If na Nigeria goats no need to invite them, Them go walker come by there selfgrin

5 Likes

Re: Scots Couple Wed, Ditch Clothes And Invite Island Goat As Only Guest by WhoDeyHause: 5:25pm On Aug 04, 2021
That goat get luck.
Re: Scots Couple Wed, Ditch Clothes And Invite Island Goat As Only Guest by Nobody: 5:26pm On Aug 04, 2021
normally there are some people that are naturally senseless even though they think they have sense.. what the sense of inviting a goat as a wedding guest, the goat is just the same goat I train at home.. why is the goat on chain abi dem still dey chain guest

4 Likes

Re: Scots Couple Wed, Ditch Clothes And Invite Island Goat As Only Guest by Dearlord(m): 5:28pm On Aug 04, 2021
angryThank God say I no be oyibo, na this kind yéyé idea for full my brain grin

9 Likes

Re: Scots Couple Wed, Ditch Clothes And Invite Island Goat As Only Guest by Chydo001(m): 5:29pm On Aug 04, 2021
[quote author=Davash222 post=104426839] This couple na werey o cheesy cheesy

You come person island, you no invite her for your wedding, na her goat you invite

Lol
She's the camerawoman
Re: Scots Couple Wed, Ditch Clothes And Invite Island Goat As Only Guest by onyejack(m): 5:29pm On Aug 04, 2021
DealtWithDem:
MAd ppl
real madness
Re: Scots Couple Wed, Ditch Clothes And Invite Island Goat As Only Guest by GeneralPula: 5:30pm On Aug 04, 2021
Pekele pekele..

That’s exactly what I plan doing..

When I’m ready to have my baby mama, nah one island I go carry her go to figure out everything including first born pregnancy..
Re: Scots Couple Wed, Ditch Clothes And Invite Island Goat As Only Guest by Edozie13(m): 5:31pm On Aug 04, 2021
ahnie:

For where?! It's like you don't want to have children

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jehovah's Witness Bride Wears Simple Ash Coloured Gown To Her White Wedding / Pick Your Date Of Birth And Connect With Your Birth Mate / Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.