Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,827 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

FEC Approves $11.17 Billion Rail Project To Link All Coastal Cities - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FEC Approves $11.17 Billion Rail Project To Link All Coastal Cities (15350 Views)

Amaechi, Malami Sued Over Award Of ₦91.7 Billion Rail Contract To Chine / ₦17 Billion Paris Club Refund Landed Obiano On EFCC’s Watch List / Nigeria Approves $11.2 Billion Lagos – Calabar High Speed Rail Line (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FEC Approves $11.17 Billion Rail Project To Link All Coastal Cities by Thetruthalways: 7:56am On Aug 05, 2021
seguntijan:
This government will only be judged on Economy, they've done well in infrastructure. But PDP failed in every sector
.....this what some blind people failed to see....on economy, it is a global issue even though Nigeria's own is worse...During PDP, it was recorded as one of the oil boom period the world witnessed... it's not just about party our leaders are just something else

3 Likes

Re: FEC Approves $11.17 Billion Rail Project To Link All Coastal Cities by michlins(m): 8:03am On Aug 05, 2021
mrvitalis:
I wonder how this government thinks really ...a poor nation like Nigeria spending 12 billion dollars on a phantom project that won't break even for 100 years ....there are far more important was that would use that money that would have far more impact on the economy

$1billion $300 million each can reactivate warri ,port Harcourt and Calabar ports ...$100 to by boats to secure the sea routes

$4 billion invested in our transmission line would increase transmission capability from 5000mw to over 12000mw ... electricity supply would double ...I mean double because we have installed capacity of about 15,000mw

$5 billion grants to 10 top importers of goods we can easily produce here to start producing them in Nigeria ...or if we have struggling producers top 10 ...pick like 10 to 20 products

Like ceramics , glass , cloths , chocolates ,drugs and the likes ...this would create over 300,000 jobs directly and provide revenue of over 300 billion a year in taxes

This project would have far more reaching impact on our GDP than this phantom rail system that's nothing but a feel good project

Abuja kaduna rail would break even at the current profit rate in over 101 years

I'm waiting to see the figures for Lagos ibadan rail but my estimate suggest 160 years to break even that's if repairs are not made even
this project isn't about breaking even. It's about opening up the hinterlands of Nigeria and fast too. If they don't loot the budget, it's a good plan.

We need massive infrastructure to employ our youths which is a time bomb. It will also help in curbing the rural urban migration. Knowing you can produce cheaper in calabar and transport to various parts of the country will encourage investors to stay put in those areas and not migrate to over populated cities.

Projects like this are investments meant to boost growth and GDP and not for profits. An example is the three gorge dam. It helped boost American economy after the depression caused by the WW2.

Let the government provide infrastructure and allow the private investors drive the economy

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FEC Approves $11.17 Billion Rail Project To Link All Coastal Cities by lekankolade(m): 8:04am On Aug 05, 2021
szczescie:
CHIBUIKE ROTIMI AMAECHI is WORKING

SUPER MINISTER

C.R.A for President

E come be like say na him be the first minister of transportation we get for this Nigeria

Which other minister of transportation you know?

For this Useless administration na only Amaechi dey work, railway everywhere

If to say minister of Housing, minister of power, work reach AMAECHI we for no too get problem but they do absolutely nothing, I have never heard that they submitted memo or did anything at all

If Amaechi submits he will follow it up and make sure Bubu sign it, he will strong arm them to do their job

But minister of power (it is him I know of more) he submits nothing instead they will be holding conferences, summits and workshops to share money, pay guests and delegates instead of going to tell Bubu what needs to be done they will hold summit in Europe and discuss to ordinary people and tell us what we want to hear instead of telling it to Bubu

Fashola just hide, the other ministers too except lie but lie own he is using it for Evil. But we are seeing his impact his "work"

But as Nigerians prefer to vote in e-diots based on sentiments and tribalism I won't be surprised they will want to over look hard working performers like Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi and go for thieves like Tinubu Or Atiku because he is from their tribe or religion

True true Nigerians deserve Nigeria, the suffer never belle full Una, you want another heavy dose of Buhari for the next 8 years of your short 53 year life going by Nigerias life expectancy

God bless you sir
Amaechi is the only minister working for now
How I wish they can double him as minister for works as well and remove that idiota there
He hasn’t make any reasonable contribution to works and housing since he assume that position
His only achievement is telling state governments to be paying compensation on federal government job

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves $11.17 Billion Rail Project To Link All Coastal Cities by AmazingELixir: 8:06am On Aug 05, 2021
[[s]quote author=szczescie post=104442652]CHIBUIKE ROTIMI AMAECHI is WORKING

SUPER MINISTER

C.R.A for President

E come be like say na him be the first minister of transportation we get for this Nigeria

Which other minister of transportation you know?

For this Useless administration na only Amaechi dey work, railway everywhere

If to say minister of Housing, minister of power, work reach AMAECHI we for no too get problem but they do absolutely nothing, I have never heard that they submitted memo or did anything at all

If Amaechi submits he will follow it up and make sure Bubu sign it, he will strong arm them to do their job

But minister of power (it is him I know of more) he submits nothing instead they will be holding conferences, summits and workshops to share money, pay guests and delegates instead of going to tell Bubu what needs to be done they will hold summit in Europe and discuss to ordinary people and tell us what we want to hear instead of telling it to Bubu

Fashola just hide, the other ministers too except lie but lie own he is using it for Evil. But we are seeing his impact his "work"

But as Nigerians prefer to vote in e-diots based on sentiments and tribalism I won't be surprised they will want to over look hard working performers like Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi and go for thieves like Tinubu Or Atiku because he is from their tribe or religion

True true Nigerians deserve Nigeria, the suffer never belle full Una, you want another heavy dose of Buhari for the next 8 years of your short 53 year life going by Nigerias life expectancy[/quote][/s]
Re: FEC Approves $11.17 Billion Rail Project To Link All Coastal Cities by frog12: 8:11am On Aug 05, 2021
these PEOPLE dey dream IMPOSSIBLE DREAM !!! grin grin grin grin
Re: FEC Approves $11.17 Billion Rail Project To Link All Coastal Cities by mrvitalis(m): 8:12am On Aug 05, 2021
Thetruthalways:

Are you aware that APC completed the KD-ABJ rail?....why didn't Pdp finish it?....APC started and completed the Lagos to Ibadan rail project.....what about the money spent on 2nd Nigeria Delta bridge by PDP and nothing to show for it?
The contract was signed and everything paid
Re: FEC Approves $11.17 Billion Rail Project To Link All Coastal Cities by Simplythebest: 8:15am On Aug 05, 2021
They have also do well in security. They have also done well in health, they have alos do well in education, the have also done well in corruption. Stop supporting evil and wicked leaders. APC is a failure the worst and evil party that can ever rule Nigeria.
seguntijan:
This government will only be judged on Economy, they've done well in infrastructure. But PDP failed in every sector
Re: FEC Approves $11.17 Billion Rail Project To Link All Coastal Cities by TheRareGem1(f): 8:16am On Aug 05, 2021
nathyx:
The major problem with Nigeria is political sentiment and this has become the order of progress undecided undecided How can after all the above mentioned proposed rail routes I can't find anyone allocated to Benue state the food basket of the nation shocked shocked This is so because our leaders have neglected necessary functionalities and focused on their individual places of abode for centered development nonsense!

A state that produced David Mark, a former number three most powerful leader in Nigeria who served senate for more than 16 years. What a Shane he couldn't even execute a capital project in his state.

3 Likes

Re: FEC Approves $11.17 Billion Rail Project To Link All Coastal Cities by Nomoreworries: 8:25am On Aug 05, 2021
mrvitalis:
I wonder how this government thinks really ...a poor nation like Nigeria spending 12 billion dollars on a phantom project that won't break even for 100 years ....there are far more important was that would use that money that would have far more impact on the economy

$1billion $300 million each can reactivate warri ,port Harcourt and Calabar ports ...$100 to by boats to secure the sea routes

$4 billion invested in our transmission line would increase transmission capability from 5000mw to over 12000mw ... electricity supply would double ...I mean double because we have installed capacity of about 15,000mw

$5 billion grants to 10 top importers of goods we can easily produce here to start producing them in Nigeria ...or if we have struggling producers top 10 ...pick like 10 to 20 products

Like ceramics , glass , cloths , chocolates ,drugs and the likes ...this would create over 300,000 jobs directly and provide revenue of over 300 billion a year in taxes

This project would have far more reaching impact on our GDP than this phantom rail system that's nothing but a feel good project

I'm waiting to see the figures for Lagos ibadan rail but my estimate suggest 160 years to break even that's if repairs are not made even

bnv
Re: FEC Approves $11.17 Billion Rail Project To Link All Coastal Cities by Nobody: 8:31am On Aug 05, 2021
mrvitalis:

u need to follow everything keenly not just making analysis as if as u k ow better than them. Right now power sector attracted more investment than any other sector. The same way Amaechi is refurbishing the sector likewise power sector is doing so. Do u know how much TCN spent out of FG budgets in the last 4yrs?
Do u know the current ongoing work by Siemens how much will cost talkless of more than 29 power stations built so far?
Many sectors are doing their best. Nigeria GDP (514.076 billion [nominal, 2021 est.])
ranked as the 27th-largest economy in the world in terms of nominal GDP, and the 24th-largest in terms of purchasing power parity ($1.116 trillion [PPP, 2021 est.]), so don't ever call Nigeria poor just because our cruel leaders are deceiving us with poor leadership!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FEC Approves $11.17 Billion Rail Project To Link All Coastal Cities by Fahdiga(m): 8:39am On Aug 05, 2021
blackpanda:

But we are already using warri itakpe, Lagos ibadan and Abuja kaduna. Why are u so filled with hatred Smh
Incoherent gibberish as usual
Re: FEC Approves $11.17 Billion Rail Project To Link All Coastal Cities by mrvitalis(m): 8:45am On Aug 05, 2021
Coronabirus:
u need to follow everything keenly not just making analysis as if as u k ow better than them. Right now power sector attracted more investment than any other sector. The same way Amaechi is refurbishing the sector likewise power sector is doing so. Do u know how much TCN spent out of FG budgets in the last 4yrs?
Do u know the current ongoing work by Siemens how much will cost talkless of more than 29 power stations built so far?
Many sectors are doing their best. Nigeria GDP (514.076 billion [nominal, 2021 est.])
ranked as the 27th-largest economy in the world in terms of nominal GDP, and the 24th-largest in terms of purchasing power parity ($1.116 trillion [PPP, 2021 est.]), so don't ever call Nigeria poor just because our cruel leaders are deceiving us with poor leadership!
Tcn is the issue not generation u don't understand the problem

GDP of $500 billion is useless with the world poorest GDP to budget ratio ...we have the worst on Earth ....what's the point of GDP when u can't tax anything from it
Re: FEC Approves $11.17 Billion Rail Project To Link All Coastal Cities by Temptee101(m): 8:49am On Aug 05, 2021
Rotimi Amaechi is one of the most richest politicians cum thieves currently in the country.

The amount of billions under his control is staggering and mind-blogging.

After siphoning Rivers state treasury for 8 years and now chairing a juicy ministry like transport for another 8 years.
Re: FEC Approves $11.17 Billion Rail Project To Link All Coastal Cities by wellmax(m): 8:50am On Aug 05, 2021
Fahdiga:
Approver that will only end on paper

This is not PDP or Jonathan

2 Likes

Re: FEC Approves $11.17 Billion Rail Project To Link All Coastal Cities by Couragetochange(m): 9:06am On Aug 05, 2021
Agbor not Agbo
Re: FEC Approves $11.17 Billion Rail Project To Link All Coastal Cities by TruthinAction: 9:23am On Aug 05, 2021
No government should start any project they can't complete in their tenure because it might be abandoned by the next government. Why not use this money to fix most of our federal roads first that are in very bad conditions?

We also need industries for Job creations.

The FG should declare a state of emergency in the Petroleum Industry and power sector. This money can build four new refineries. Steady power is needed for development.

Meanwhile, most of these projects are over inflated and designed to make themselves rich.
Re: FEC Approves $11.17 Billion Rail Project To Link All Coastal Cities by Jimasun: 9:24am On Aug 05, 2021
lekankolade:

God bless you sir
Amaechi is the only minister working for now
How I wish they can double him as minister for works as well and remove that idiota there
He hasn’t make any reasonable contribution to works and housing since he assume that position
His only achievement is telling state governments to be paying compensation on federal government job
Fashola is actually doing more work. It is about budget.
You don't expect him to perform with the budget that ministry of transportation is getting
Re: FEC Approves $11.17 Billion Rail Project To Link All Coastal Cities by obailala(m): 9:35am On Aug 05, 2021
ebuk4real:
sad

And that's the exact amount to be pocketed by these crooks. I can stake my left hand that nothing of these will see the light of the day.

Like the op before me said, use this money rather for the viable, tangible & immediate impactful projects like the sea ports & we will know how serious these politicians are.

Bunch of idiots
The rate at which everyone just becomes overnight experts in developmental economics is baffling. The coastal railway will connect all seaports in Nigeria but according to you guys, seaports are important but a railway to ferry bulk goods to the seaport is an IDIOTIC idea? Wow!

3 Likes

Re: FEC Approves $11.17 Billion Rail Project To Link All Coastal Cities by Nobody: 9:37am On Aug 05, 2021
Myopic thinking.
Infrastructure is what attracts foreign investors and make life easier for the citizenry.
Nigeria cannot continue to use road transportation only. It is not cost effective. It is also ineffective most times.

mrvitalis:

Re: FEC Approves $11.17 Billion Rail Project To Link All Coastal Cities by obailala(m): 9:38am On Aug 05, 2021
TruthinAction:
No government should start any project they can't complete in their tenure because it might be abandoned by the next government. Why not use this money to fix most of our federal roads first that are in very bad conditions?

The FG should declare a state of emergency in the Petroleum Industry and power sector. This money can build four new refineries. Steady power is needed for development.

Meanwhile, most of these projects are over inflated and designed to make themselves rich.
In that case, the FG should just be building only classroom blocks and patching highways cos more serious projects typically span several tenures.

4 Likes

Re: FEC Approves $11.17 Billion Rail Project To Link All Coastal Cities by Tareq1105: 9:41am On Aug 05, 2021
Itohanmiwa:
I always call this administration silent achievers. Buhari doesn't know how to talk too much. But our hatred for him will still make millions of Nigeria refuse to see anything good in what this administration is doing. We all focus on the insecurity of Nigeria, but if we face it very well insecurity has been a recurring decimal in Nigeria always, just that everyone got bolder now both from the east, north, west and south. But I know deep down this man is trying to do something about it. Look at all the projects he's working on and you'll have hope for a better Nigeria for our Children.

Shut that mouth.

You're talking bcoz you have no victim of bandits, kidnapping and Boko Haram around you.
Re: FEC Approves $11.17 Billion Rail Project To Link All Coastal Cities by Jollylolly(f): 10:04am On Aug 05, 2021
This administration will be remembered for national infrastructural revolution

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FEC Approves $11.17 Billion Rail Project To Link All Coastal Cities by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 10:28am On Aug 05, 2021
seguntijan:
They have done well in Security? PDP failed and life was better in 2015 compared to now? Zombie, the people are wiser
Re: FEC Approves $11.17 Billion Rail Project To Link All Coastal Cities by Goke7: 10:35am On Aug 05, 2021
nathyx:

Good question Sir. Particularly I don't know but is it that the FEC is now using the activeness of respective Senators and Rep members in allocating proposed crucial development projects

The reps are there to influence and lobby for FG projects to their constituencies. Lest we forget they have oversight on these projects and the FEC is accountable to them

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves $11.17 Billion Rail Project To Link All Coastal Cities by Jimasun: 10:39am On Aug 05, 2021
TruthinAction:

Mehn.. This is so backward in thought.
Government should not do long term projects because the next government can abandon it? Are you fro real?
Ever heard of long term planning?

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves $11.17 Billion Rail Project To Link All Coastal Cities by mapet: 10:40am On Aug 05, 2021
Fahdiga:
Approver that will only end on paper

Like Lagos-Ibadan rail?

2 Likes

Re: FEC Approves $11.17 Billion Rail Project To Link All Coastal Cities by Fahdiga(m): 10:43am On Aug 05, 2021
mapet:

Like Lagos-Ibadan rail?
Incoherent gibberish
Re: FEC Approves $11.17 Billion Rail Project To Link All Coastal Cities by Adabestseason(m): 11:02am On Aug 05, 2021
What is the meaning of the coastal rail way passing through Aba,Minister of transportation be very careful,port-maiduguri passed through the same Aba.This is a coastal railway the issue of including Aba is mere politics,Aba is biafra,so for this reason do you know that people of southern akwa ibom will be deprived of economic benefits of the railway or you wants to score cheap political points.Including Aba is a disservice to people along the coastal corridor of which this project was originally designed for because of mis-exploitation of the core niger delta people and their resources what about the Ogonis.Minister be careful
Re: FEC Approves $11.17 Billion Rail Project To Link All Coastal Cities by mrvitalis(m): 11:03am On Aug 05, 2021
bunto:
Myopic thinking.
Infrastructure is what attracts foreign investors and make life easier for the citizenry.
Nigeria cannot continue to use road transportation only. It is not cost effective. It is also ineffective most times.

U people and this attract foreign investors lmao ..they invest $10m and take $100 million out of the economy
Re: FEC Approves $11.17 Billion Rail Project To Link All Coastal Cities by mapet: 11:14am On Aug 05, 2021
No wonder some people are actually in the game, you are on NL......

mrvitalis:

$1billion $300 million each can reactivate warri ,port Harcourt and Calabar ports ...$100 to by boats to secure the sea routes - Currently all port you have received resurgence in the current administration. Secondly how do you have ports that is not accessible by train, does that make sense to you? How do you hope to attract investment in ports where there are no integrated access roads and rail?

$4 billion invested in our transmission line would increase transmission capability from 5000mw to over 12000mw... electricity supply would double ...I mean double because we have installed capacity of about 15,000mw Boom, all this will happen overnight, shey? OBJ govt spent $16 on power...and till today we're still asking "Where is the power?". What about the myriad of Legal and Commercial log-jam that was not addressed over the years, thus killing power projects... Meanwhile, there's already a Siemen's project to upgrade Power Gen/Transmission infrastructure and generate ~25GW.

Like ceramics , glass , cloths , chocolates ,drugs and the likes ...this would create over 300,000 jobs directly and provide revenue of over 300 billion a year in taxes Grants to importers? How will that work? You just give money to people who have no record of manufacturing experience nor achievements...and Boom! Factury appears?

I'm waiting to see the figures for Lagos ibadan rail but my estimate suggest 160 years to break even that's if repairs are not made even [Meanwhile, expecting train to "break-even" in isolation is the height of ignorance. Trains are platforms that integrate and stimulate multi-sector logistics...for example additional impact of movement of people and goods, upsurge of manufacturing facilities and Real Estate Development in virgin areas due to proximate rail facility etc[/color]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FEC Approves $11.17 Billion Rail Project To Link All Coastal Cities by mapet: 11:16am On Aug 05, 2021
Fahdiga:
Incoherent gibberish

like your understanding? or you want me to explain further to you? Is Lagos - Ibadan Rail line still on paper?....like GEJ's 2NB?
Re: FEC Approves $11.17 Billion Rail Project To Link All Coastal Cities by mapet: 11:21am On Aug 05, 2021
mrvitalis:

TheRareGem1:
:

Just like Lagos-Ibadan- Abeokuta rail project right?
How many years. Did that take ? For a Project that was ground-broken in 2017 and by 2020 it was already in use, what were you expecting?

And that's just about 10% of this one ooh Were you told the project will be done in one-fell-swoop? Did you provide money to achieve that?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ned Nwoko Meets Sharon Ikeazor For Collaboration With Ministry Of Environment / HURIWA Slams Tinubu Over ‘Lopsided’ Appointments / Gov Wada Wears Bullet-Proof Jacket To Visit Bomb Blast Victims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.