Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,645 members, 7,851,167 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:30 PM

Lagos Assembly Cuts Ex-Governors' Pension By 50%, Stops Houses - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Assembly Cuts Ex-Governors' Pension By 50%, Stops Houses (16348 Views)

Lagos Assembly Stops Houses For Ex-governors, Slashes Pension By 50 Percent / Minimum Wage: Sanwo-Olu Increases Pension By 33% / How Much Ex-Governors Get As Pensions In Nigeria - SERAP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Assembly Cuts Ex-Governors' Pension By 50%, Stops Houses by louqas: 5:09am On Aug 06, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:
Who's Tinubu trying to deceive ?

Ask your state governor....

1 Like

Re: Lagos Assembly Cuts Ex-Governors' Pension By 50%, Stops Houses by DOTian: 5:11am On Aug 06, 2021
50%?
Pensions for looters who are richer than most Nigerians? Tinubus Internet Urchins (TIU) won't see this..
They want to make him The next President of the country so he can be collecting another "pension" after his tenure! That's on top all the billions being looted through alphabeta and the endless overboated contracts!
These people are unbelievable..
Re: Lagos Assembly Cuts Ex-Governors' Pension By 50%, Stops Houses by louqas: 5:15am On Aug 06, 2021
Racoon:
Political gimmick for the gullible in 2023.Believe this crap and see yourself laying eggs.

At least they are doing better than that umbrella society. Pdp apologists should be ashamed to open their mouth to condemn this if any pdp state still maintain pension for past elected officials.....why hasn't wike scrapped it in rivers....he wants to enjoy it too while pdp minions like you defend them online . Shame
Pdp is the worst party in the history of opposition politics

1 Like

Re: Lagos Assembly Cuts Ex-Governors' Pension By 50%, Stops Houses by iluvdonjazzy: 5:16am On Aug 06, 2021
That is exactly what Tinubu told them to do.
Re: Lagos Assembly Cuts Ex-Governors' Pension By 50%, Stops Houses by Eroms4life17(m): 5:52am On Aug 06, 2021
Dog chop dog. Chop I chop government. Check my signature.
Re: Lagos Assembly Cuts Ex-Governors' Pension By 50%, Stops Houses by jahsharon: 6:05am On Aug 06, 2021
DOTian:
50%?
Pensions for looters who are richer than most Nigerians? Tinubus Internet Urchins (TIU) won't see this..
They want to make him The next President of the country so he can be collecting another "pension" after his tenure! That's on top all the billions being looted through alphabeta and the endless overboated contracts!
These people are unbelievable..

Tinubu matter go give you hypertension oooo

1 Like

Re: Lagos Assembly Cuts Ex-Governors' Pension By 50%, Stops Houses by chloride6: 6:09am On Aug 06, 2021
Lmao...

Because of PENCOM wahala

Democracy my ass
Re: Lagos Assembly Cuts Ex-Governors' Pension By 50%, Stops Houses by cocolacec(m): 6:16am On Aug 06, 2021
When will the pension and allowances for Ex-presidents be reduced or scrapped?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Assembly Cuts Ex-Governors' Pension By 50%, Stops Houses by authority2006(m): 6:19am On Aug 06, 2021
Baawaa:
Is no more news,they should stop it completely

Well, that's a good step in the right direction. I just hope that other states that foolishly copied Lagos state in adopting this wasteful and insensitive spending will have sense to copy Lagos state again this time around

1 Like

Re: Lagos Assembly Cuts Ex-Governors' Pension By 50%, Stops Houses by Forgodsgrace: 6:29am On Aug 06, 2021
All because of 2023.That’s part of their game plan and This the reason why Sango-Olu visited Jagaban.He had to take permission
Re: Lagos Assembly Cuts Ex-Governors' Pension By 50%, Stops Houses by EagleNest(m): 6:30am On Aug 06, 2021
They work maximum of 4 or 8 years and they are excessively paid like this. And some civil servants/ lecturers, etc work min of 35 years with nothing major to go home with. How do you pay pension to someone who commands bullion van? This is greed.
Re: Lagos Assembly Cuts Ex-Governors' Pension By 50%, Stops Houses by ceaser: 6:31am On Aug 06, 2021
Thieves. Do good while in office. Create infrastructures and strong institutions. Be seen to be on the side of the people and not greedy while you had power.

Then you can be sure that you won't need protection when you leave the position because the people will become your power and protect you. The infrastructures and strong institutions you built will in turn become your shield and support.
Re: Lagos Assembly Cuts Ex-Governors' Pension By 50%, Stops Houses by Forgodsgrace: 6:33am On Aug 06, 2021
authority2006:

Well, that's a good step in the right direction. I just hope that other states that foolishly copied Lagos state in adopting this wasteful and insensitive spending will sense to copy Lagos state again this time around

Which good step,all Na format all because of Tinubu 2023 ambition,so that the opposition won’t use it against him.For your information ,all the house of assembly members were singlehandedly picked by TInubu.
Re: Lagos Assembly Cuts Ex-Governors' Pension By 50%, Stops Houses by Powersurge: 6:58am On Aug 06, 2021
Baawaa:
Is no more news,they should stop it completely
Image redemption for 2023. I give it to politicians. They are strategic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Assembly Cuts Ex-Governors' Pension By 50%, Stops Houses by LegendaryArnold(m): 7:07am On Aug 06, 2021
I hope the national assemble can replicate this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Assembly Cuts Ex-Governors' Pension By 50%, Stops Houses by bigpicture001: 7:09am On Aug 06, 2021
Charmingrascal:
Obasa want to taste the wrath of Mr Bourdilon.

They will soon threaten him

Dey succeeded in deceiving you...grow big big sense...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Assembly Cuts Ex-Governors' Pension By 50%, Stops Houses by Ajibel(m): 7:25am On Aug 06, 2021
Fashola hasn't taken a dime since he left office as governor.

Also, Sanwoolu has said he won't take anything. And he was the one that proposed the scrapping of the pension.

They both know what they've made while in office is enough to satisfy them for a lifetime.
Re: Lagos Assembly Cuts Ex-Governors' Pension By 50%, Stops Houses by Ajibel(m): 7:27am On Aug 06, 2021
chloride6:
Lmao...

Because of PENCOM wahala

Democracy my ass

So is it true that the state couldn't raise bond from Pencom because of these benefits? They were asked to scrap it?
Re: Lagos Assembly Cuts Ex-Governors' Pension By 50%, Stops Houses by DOTian: 7:32am On Aug 06, 2021
jahsharon:

Tinubu matter go give you hypertension oooo
Taaaaah gbafuo dia...
Re: Lagos Assembly Cuts Ex-Governors' Pension By 50%, Stops Houses by Grace001: 7:36am On Aug 06, 2021
post=104477060:

Again, this very good news is a sad news to the eyes of wailers.
Werin dey do dis kind people bayi
All they love reading is about deaths and blood being sponsored by the evil politicians they worship.
Good, positive and uplifting news make them sick all day long.
What manner of people they are shocked

grin Manna becareful oo, dey your lane make I dey my lane. I don’t know how you come up with that wrong assumption
Re: Lagos Assembly Cuts Ex-Governors' Pension By 50%, Stops Houses by kolakolex: 7:46am On Aug 06, 2021
AntiBMC:
Why not scrap everything all together. Just pension is enough for ex-govs who are not holding any govt office at all. The ones who have moved on to become senators or commissioners should not b collecting pensions.

For those of them that make it to the senate, pension should be stopped ,pending when they stop receiving money from the government purse.

Assuming david mark was a Democratic elected governor,he would have collected pension for the 20 years he spent in senate.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Assembly Cuts Ex-Governors' Pension By 50%, Stops Houses by Princeton92(m): 7:52am On Aug 06, 2021
It should even be by 80% sef
Re: Lagos Assembly Cuts Ex-Governors' Pension By 50%, Stops Houses by Myself2(m): 7:53am On Aug 06, 2021
The most Useless house of assembly in Nigeria is the Lagos state House of assembly

Obviously this gesture was drafted in Tinubu's bedroom and it is a smoke screen to fool Lagosians in particular and Nigerians in general and score some cheap political points for Tinubu in his doomed-to-failure presidential dream
Re: Lagos Assembly Cuts Ex-Governors' Pension By 50%, Stops Houses by Okhuadams(m): 7:53am On Aug 06, 2021
How about also reducing the numbers of assembly members, and also slashing there own salary. Then i will take them serious
Re: Lagos Assembly Cuts Ex-Governors' Pension By 50%, Stops Houses by Brushstrokes20: 7:59am On Aug 06, 2021
Werey dey disguise!

Useless govt of self serving THIEVES!
Re: Lagos Assembly Cuts Ex-Governors' Pension By 50%, Stops Houses by seguntijan(m): 8:00am On Aug 06, 2021
Some bigots will still find a way to bring Tinubu into this. This is a clear indication that Tinubu is not the de facto in the state. He allows democracy to take place
Re: Lagos Assembly Cuts Ex-Governors' Pension By 50%, Stops Houses by seguntijan(m): 8:02am On Aug 06, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:
Who's Tinubu trying to deceive ?

You people are so myopic that you must still blame Tinubu
Re: Lagos Assembly Cuts Ex-Governors' Pension By 50%, Stops Houses by sulaak(m): 9:04am On Aug 06, 2021
Tinubu to Sanwo-Olu, this is what you are going to do. Cut Governor's pension to 50% but we keep Alpha -Beta and all the toll gates ..OK

Sanwo-Olu to Tinubu, Yes Sir, I will fly back to Lagos and inform the 'state-house of assembly' to implement your instruction with "automatic alacrity"

Re: Lagos Assembly Cuts Ex-Governors' Pension By 50%, Stops Houses by Damlhaade01(m): 11:43am On Aug 06, 2021
Padi Padi put am 2geda army arrangement

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gbajabiamila: Tinubu Didn’t Send Me To Probe Aregbesola / Atiku Fights Back, Tours UK To Improve Image / U.S Chamber Of Commerce Invites Atiku For A Meeting (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.