Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,615 members, 7,851,088 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:16 PM

Debt Is Sinking The Economy - Punch Editorial - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Debt Is Sinking The Economy - Punch Editorial (9790 Views)

Shocking Revelations Of Lagos #EndSARS Report - Punch Editorial / Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land / IPOB AND BIAFRANS ARE SINKING THE IGBO NATION (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Debt Is Sinking The Economy - Punch Editorial by od501: 3:13pm On Aug 06, 2021
ogododo:

https://punchng.com/debt-is-sinking-the-economy/

Let it sink finally! Nigeria is no more!

1 Like

Re: Debt Is Sinking The Economy - Punch Editorial by jimtemi1: 3:13pm On Aug 06, 2021
If I say I read this literature na blantter lie, na today ?the same story since 1960
Re: Debt Is Sinking The Economy - Punch Editorial by Racoon(m): 3:14pm On Aug 06, 2021
The dangerous trajectory of the debts has manifested in a spike in the debt service-to-revenue ratio. Debt servicing consumed most of the government revenues in 2020...Nigeria’s position is doubly precarious.
Thought the clueless finance minister and the overfed buffon stooge "we will approve it" senate president-Ahmed Lawan all said Nigeria must continue to borrow?
Re: Debt Is Sinking The Economy - Punch Editorial by onatisi(m): 3:14pm On Aug 06, 2021
lolz grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Debt Is Sinking The Economy - Punch Editorial by Splitmind: 3:15pm On Aug 06, 2021
FAKE NEWS! The economy grew tremendously within the last quarter, punch should be sanction and have their broadcasting licence revoked! angry
Re: Debt Is Sinking The Economy - Punch Editorial by clothingonline(m): 3:15pm On Aug 06, 2021
Make I borrow money too now federal government give me share oooo lol

Check signature men clothing payment on delivery
Re: Debt Is Sinking The Economy - Punch Editorial by lereinter(m): 3:18pm On Aug 06, 2021
Wetin concern animal buhari

If nigeria sinks or not

Dubai is there for his children to reside

But for mannabbgque, saarki etc you will burn without escape

2 Likes

Re: Debt Is Sinking The Economy - Punch Editorial by GboyegaD(m): 3:18pm On Aug 06, 2021
Yet, some clowns will keep supporting the bad governance we are suffering from.

2 Likes

Re: Debt Is Sinking The Economy - Punch Editorial by Coldie(m): 3:19pm On Aug 06, 2021
Fake news.

I blame Gej
Re: Debt Is Sinking The Economy - Punch Editorial by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 3:20pm On Aug 06, 2021
ogododo:
Despite this, the government has been recklessly piling up a mountain of debt, external and domestic, that experts fear may sink the economy if not checked. The MTEF/FSP report envisages spending N3.6 trillion on servicing debts in 2022, N4.9 trillion in 2023 and N6.1 trillion in 2024. Consistently, national budgets since the country’s deliverance from three decades of peonage via the landmark debt buy-back scheme of 2005/6 have been characterised by deficits, borrowing, and precedence of recurrent over capital expenditure. The repercussions have been devastating, including poverty levels now at 70 per cent, unemployment 33.3 per cent, and inadequate infrastructure.

Gbese upon gbese, our roads, light, hospitals no be am.
Not borrowing will sink it more.
It failed over the decades to diversify it's source of economic revenue...Now Nigeria is in the black hole– It will take a miracle to get it out.

2 Likes

Re: Debt Is Sinking The Economy - Punch Editorial by FreeIgbos: 3:22pm On Aug 06, 2021
When I tell people that Nigeria will eventually collapse under its baggages, they fail to understand.
Re: Debt Is Sinking The Economy - Punch Editorial by EndBuhariNow(m): 3:22pm On Aug 06, 2021
And the dullard is still borrowing... this is why 2023 will be bloody, they will like to put one of their own to cover up the massive looting in this government, if Nigeria really want to know how much buhari stole let them vote for opposition this guy looted more than abacha and all the passed leaders joined together

2 Likes

Re: Debt Is Sinking The Economy - Punch Editorial by kilisi(m): 3:25pm On Aug 06, 2021
inoki247:
MTN be like.....
For More Loan Text Buhari to 2023....
If debt get word and opposite na Buhari go b him opposite....
Nope. Synonym.
Re: Debt Is Sinking The Economy - Punch Editorial by EndBuhariNow(m): 3:26pm On Aug 06, 2021
Amidst all these suffering and poverty people are still glamouring for another looter Tinubu as If he wasn't part of all these looting here and there... the good thing is that I will not be returning to shit hole country till further notice, so if unah won vote another ediot o be me and unah go follow suffer for am

2 Likes

Re: Debt Is Sinking The Economy - Punch Editorial by Jlow2: 3:30pm On Aug 06, 2021
Al-qaeda people's Congress and there e dogs , will still tell you that gej is the cause,and the gullible northerners will tell you it's because buhari is a Muslim and Igbos hate him

1 Like

Re: Debt Is Sinking The Economy - Punch Editorial by BSsniffer: 3:30pm On Aug 06, 2021
One otondo was busy arguing with me yesterday why the eurobonds are good for nigeria...
Re: Debt Is Sinking The Economy - Punch Editorial by sematec(m): 3:35pm On Aug 06, 2021
Buhari's aim is to sink the economy and run of to niger republic through the train he constructing fron Nigeria to Niger. Buhari has taken away the future of this country. all I see is lip service. buhari keep acting like a conman.
Re: Debt Is Sinking The Economy - Punch Editorial by baralatie(m): 3:47pm On Aug 06, 2021
onatisi:
lolz grin grin grin
Is not funny na
Re: Debt Is Sinking The Economy - Punch Editorial by baralatie(m): 3:48pm On Aug 06, 2021
sematec:
Buhari's aim is to sink the economy and run of to niger republic through the train he constructing fron Nigeria to Niger. Buhari has taken away the future of this country. all I see is lip service. buhari keep acting like a conman.
Now you are been comedic
grin
Re: Debt Is Sinking The Economy - Punch Editorial by JimiJunji: 3:51pm On Aug 06, 2021
BSsniffer:
One otondo was busy arguing with me yesterday why the eurobonds are good for nigeria...

Nig eurobonds are at around 5% atleast, even if you hate the bond market atleast it's a good investment for HNI's and funds looking for low risk.
Re: Debt Is Sinking The Economy - Punch Editorial by BSsniffer: 4:08pm On Aug 06, 2021
JimiJunji:

Nig eurobonds are at around 5% atleast, even if you hate the bond market atleast it's a good investment for HNI's and funds looking for low risk.

5% is if you buy directly and not through a mutual fund like must investors I know do but since you're talking high net worth and funds $200k or more won't be a problem for them...and the bonds are only have that interest rate because it's B-(S&P rating) fews steps away from cow shit junk bond rating, so good luck with your less risk, and because it translates a good investment for the likes of jp Morgan doesn't mean eurobonds are beneficial to the average nigerian on the street. I hate the bond market because it reminds me about the arrogance of old money.
Re: Debt Is Sinking The Economy - Punch Editorial by Danjikanbauchi: 4:08pm On Aug 06, 2021
After this government the next president should arrest anybody who work with this government from Buhari down to ward councilors and seize all their properties and bank account.
Re: Debt Is Sinking The Economy - Punch Editorial by baralatie(m): 4:10pm On Aug 06, 2021
Danjikanbauchi:
After this government the next president should arrest anybody who work with this government from Buhari down to ward councilors and seize all their properties and bank account.
What is it suppose to achieve
Re: Debt Is Sinking The Economy - Punch Editorial by Danjikanbauchi: 4:11pm On Aug 06, 2021
baralatie:

What is it suppose to achieve
they have stolen the destiny of this country, so we have to recover our stollen wealth.
Re: Debt Is Sinking The Economy - Punch Editorial by Nobody: 4:18pm On Aug 06, 2021
No need for the long write up people said it before.
Re: Debt Is Sinking The Economy - Punch Editorial by Cnach: 4:22pm On Aug 06, 2021
Freebandz365:
Good afternoon nairalanders

I sell Airtel and MTN data at affordable rate

1k=4gb
2k=10gb

Validity=30 days

Please patronize me.
WhatsApp number 08082077444

Thanks and God bless
U thief am?
Re: Debt Is Sinking The Economy - Punch Editorial by Jamesbiodun(m): 4:22pm On Aug 06, 2021
I will learn to swim grin

1 Like

Re: Debt Is Sinking The Economy - Punch Editorial by seyz91(m): 4:25pm On Aug 06, 2021
cheesy
inoki247:
MTN be like.....

For More Loan Text Buhari to 2023....

If debt get word and opposite na Buhari go b him opposite....

Re: Debt Is Sinking The Economy - Punch Editorial by Cnach: 4:28pm On Aug 06, 2021
Danjikanbauchi:
Guy as my mind dey now, I go fit do this task weller. I dey para I swear

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Kill Three Persons In Kabo, Niger State / Local Government Autonomy Is Non-Negotiable – Doguwa / To Buhari Supporters: You Wont Vote Buhari Again! At Least Not after Seeing This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.