Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,831 members, 7,820,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

I Thought I Knew Everything About My Husband Until This Shocking Revelation - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Thought I Knew Everything About My Husband Until This Shocking Revelation (4433 Views)

Thought He Was A Better Man Than My Husband Until We Did It* / I Saw This Shocking Post On Facebook Today (redpillers Won't Like This) / I Thought Sleeping Unclad Was Fun, Until Rat Sucked My Nipple - Nigerian Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Thought I Knew Everything About My Husband Until This Shocking Revelation by Loveandromance: 2:34pm On Aug 08, 2021
For some people,my issue may not be a big deal but for me, it is. I am in a complete state of shock and distrust for my husband right now.No, he did not cheat on me with a woman but he cheated on me by lying to me. My husband and I dated for two years before marriage. During courtship, we discussed everything from communication to s8x to children to finances to blood group to family ,etc.

One particular area we discussed also was finance and next of kin matters. My husband has a series of businesses while I work in an office. We agreed we will both keep our separate accounts when we got married but also keep a joint account for family projects. We got married about a year ago.

Now, soon as we got married, I changed on my next of kin documents from my mother to my husband. I expected my husband to do the same. For some reason, we were having a discussion about three months ago and I found out that my husband still has his elder brother as his next of kin.

As expected, I asked him why he has not changed it when he knows I have changed mine. He gave a flimsy excuse of not having time to do so. I then asked him to try and do so by month end. By month end, he didnt do it. I was not happy and told him he is not taking this serious.

The next thing he blurted out was: why am I so interested in being his next of kin? That he has received counsel from his lawyers and brothers that a wife should not be next of kin and that once we start having children, the children will be his next of kin. For me, the lack of trust from my husband…the ideology behind this thinking is making me feel somehow. I feel like he does not trust me and why should I trust him.

Yes, we have a joint account together but I realize I know nothing of his earnings yet I tell all about mine. He has no financial transparency with me. By God’s grace, we are expecting to have our children but I asked him what if we don’t have children, what happens to me?

READ MORE @

https://tiktalkhub.com/i-thought-i-knew-everything-about-my-husband-until-this-shocking-revelation/08/08/2021/

1 Like

Re: I Thought I Knew Everything About My Husband Until This Shocking Revelation by Samfloxin(m): 2:37pm On Aug 08, 2021
You blame am? You know how many me their women don kpai because of property?

13 Likes

Re: I Thought I Knew Everything About My Husband Until This Shocking Revelation by Ammishaddai: 2:52pm On Aug 08, 2021
I like this man ,he is the definition of practical wisdom, but unfortunately he is living with a very contentious woman. And that alone is enough to put him in a state of depression

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Thought I Knew Everything About My Husband Until This Shocking Revelation by Godada(m): 3:06pm On Aug 08, 2021
Should that be an issue if the lady doesn't have ulterior motives?

In the words of Tupac: Here is the message to the young black male, protect themselves......you're precious

7 Likes

Re: I Thought I Knew Everything About My Husband Until This Shocking Revelation by rex444(m): 3:36pm On Aug 08, 2021
When it comes to logical decision making , women find it hard and finance is one of those .... Comot eye for him earnings ...it's still yours or still not ...

2 Likes

Re: I Thought I Knew Everything About My Husband Until This Shocking Revelation by Unlettered: 4:45pm On Aug 08, 2021
Lady, i dont really see the issue here to be frank with you. Agreed he should have also made the changes from his brother to your name. But that doesnt change anything for the love he has for you. As you mentioned earlier that communication is part of it and he gave you a reason why he doesnt need to change his which you termed as flimsy.

As he also stated, eventually when kids come into your lives there will be yet another adjustment to their names as next of kin. Be happy that you have a happy home. What works for family A doesnt necessarily need to work for family B. Do what works for you. If not changing it to your name makes him feel peace and you using his name as next of kin makes you feel at peace then so be it. You dont know who’ll be the first to die, so regardless. Do what works for you.

Some households dont have those convos and yet they have a happy home. Someday he might realise he needs to change it and will do so at his own time. You did yours at your own time. To me this is not betrayal but choice. Unless if there is an alterior motive behind you insisting he must change it. Let it go

11 Likes

Re: I Thought I Knew Everything About My Husband Until This Shocking Revelation by Princeaniemeka: 6:18pm On Aug 08, 2021
Unlettered:
Lady, i dont really see the issue here to be frank with you. Agreed he should have also made the changes from his brother to your name. But that doesnt change anything for the love he has for you. As you mentioned earlier that communication is part of it and he gave you a reason why he doesnt need to change his which you termed as flimsy.

As he also stated, eventually when kids come into your lives there will be yet another adjustment to their names as next of kin. Be happy that you have a happy home. What works for family A doesnt necessarily need to work for family B. Do what works for you. If not changing it to your name makes him feel peace and you using his name as next of kin makes you feel at peace then so be it. You dont know who’ll be the first to die, so regardless. Do what works for you.

Some households dont have those convos and yet they have a happy home. Someday he might realise he needs to change it and will do so at his own time. You did yours at your own time. To me this is not betrayal but choice. Unless if there is an alterior motive behind you insisting he must change it. Let it go

Correct Sense.....
And if he changes the next of kin to his wife name now, when children comes, he will still change them again to the children's names. What is the need? Or maybe she's looking for an excuse to frustrate herself for no reason. My advice... Change those your friends that deliberately want your loving home to be set ablaze. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED. GET SENSE AND TAKE CARE OF YOUR TREASURE (HUSBAND) OR YOUR EYE GO CLEAR WHEN YOU ARE DONE FOR. SHALOM

4 Likes

Re: I Thought I Knew Everything About My Husband Until This Shocking Revelation by ReneDaniels: 6:33pm On Aug 08, 2021
Are you planning his demise Any time soon Aunty .

9 Likes

Re: I Thought I Knew Everything About My Husband Until This Shocking Revelation by TheEnygma(m): 6:57pm On Aug 08, 2021
ReneDaniels:
Are you planning his demise Any time soon Aunty .
I tire for the woman oh..... shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: I Thought I Knew Everything About My Husband Until This Shocking Revelation by Nonexisting1: 7:26pm On Aug 08, 2021
Daughters of Jezebel can not be trusted. He has chains of businesses and the daughter of Jezebel has only her salary of maybe 40k and she expects him to make her his next of kin just because she did same. Foolish vagina person.

8 Likes

Re: I Thought I Knew Everything About My Husband Until This Shocking Revelation by Nobody: 7:32pm On Aug 08, 2021
Ladies and gentlemen, help me welcome the redpillers

2 Likes

Re: I Thought I Knew Everything About My Husband Until This Shocking Revelation by Nobody: 7:41pm On Aug 08, 2021
Dear Simps: Don't ever trust that gender that bleeds for 3-5 days and doesn't die.

To my fellow redpillers, you know the drill...that man is a bonafide member of our club.....we are proud of him

7 Likes

Re: I Thought I Knew Everything About My Husband Until This Shocking Revelation by Nobody: 8:29pm On Aug 08, 2021
Nonexisting1:
Daughters of Jezebel can not be trusted. He has chains of businesses and the daughter of Jezebel has only her salary of maybe 40k and she expects him to make her his next of kin just because she did same. Foolish vagina person.
very extremely foolish smelly vagina person wey expect d man to put his head on platter and present to her in order to prove love for her
Re: I Thought I Knew Everything About My Husband Until This Shocking Revelation by dacblogger: 9:40pm On Aug 08, 2021
There is nothing wrong with the decision he made...
I am a lady and I see nothing wrong with it.everything must not be an issue in marriage abeg... sad

1 Like

Re: I Thought I Knew Everything About My Husband Until This Shocking Revelation by chocboi78(m): 11:45pm On Aug 08, 2021
Lmao. You are a salary earner while he is a business man and u want to be his next of kin..
Aje you dy motivate me o

Re: I Thought I Knew Everything About My Husband Until This Shocking Revelation by Nobody: 11:48pm On Aug 08, 2021
Be careful out there. Most nowaday girls want to take a man away from his relatives, and then take the children away from him. Taking the children away in the sense that some would make the husbands appear worthless to the children.

No go lose guard o

1 Like

Re: I Thought I Knew Everything About My Husband Until This Shocking Revelation by nazicartel(m): 2:54am On Aug 09, 2021
Salary of $200 ....... Women are something else
Re: I Thought I Knew Everything About My Husband Until This Shocking Revelation by Johnsown1(m): 7:37am On Aug 09, 2021
Madam change your next of kin again to your mother, question solved. This shouldn't be your problem, since he doesn't want to change
it then allow him. Better still you can ask him to be depositing some cash in the joint account monthly.
Re: I Thought I Knew Everything About My Husband Until This Shocking Revelation by misreal(m): 7:38am On Aug 09, 2021
As in i just weak..
May God not give us wives that will be this petty..
If i be your husband, i for don jakpa..
This kind wife fit kill you because of money...
The samw way majority of the men in this thread are seeing you, is the same way your husband is seeing you now.
I hope you can quickly right the wrongs and get your husband to trust you again, else you are in trouble oh

1 Like

Re: I Thought I Knew Everything About My Husband Until This Shocking Revelation by Kondomatic(m): 10:58am On Aug 09, 2021
Next of kin no mean that he has willed everything to the brother nah. That shit means nothing to me.

2 Likes

Re: I Thought I Knew Everything About My Husband Until This Shocking Revelation by haslaw(m): 12:51pm On Aug 09, 2021
Very deceitful woman. Your husband has string of businesses while you work in an office.

Na you get sense pass.. You quickly contributed your one naira hoping to use it to make him contribute his one thousand naira.
Just say the truth, you married him because of his money.
Re: I Thought I Knew Everything About My Husband Until This Shocking Revelation by Kamachicho(f): 1:36pm On Aug 09, 2021
My dear, why don't you read/Google the word "next-of-kin"? If you do, there won't be need for this topic and a clear understanding of where you stand in your relationship with your husband.

The reading/searching is for both you and your husband.

Go and enjoy your home, mbok!
Re: I Thought I Knew Everything About My Husband Until This Shocking Revelation by ITbomb(m): 3:02pm On Aug 09, 2021
This happens when you think you don over sabi.

Next of kin is the first child or as much as possible, the first son

It's not even something to quarrel about.
Re: I Thought I Knew Everything About My Husband Until This Shocking Revelation by md17: 6:04am On Aug 15, 2021
The mod or supermod that banned me for just responding to the OP is really really petty… Are you happy now? Mtchewww

(1) (Reply)

People Using Expensive Iphones Fear No Dey Catch Una(pics) / I Peep My Neighbor When She Was Taking Her Bath Now Am In Love With Her / Why Is Penetrating Her Difficult?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.