Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,098 members, 7,811,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:54 PM

Marrying Last As First Child - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marrying Last As First Child (36433 Views)

Why You Must Do a DNA test on Your First Child. / Men, What Is Your Issue With Marrying A Lady Who Is The First Child? / Go And Do A Paternity Test On You Children, Especially Your First Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marrying Last As First Child by Chuky7(m): 12:13am On Aug 09, 2021
Has anyone experienced this. This is where I find myself. And I keep getting talks like it's a bad thing. Talks like your last has married before you shouldn't you be ashamed. Some even go to extent of proclaiming abomination.

For me all this one's no concern me. I am a playboy at heart and will marry at my own time or not at all. Depends on how I feel.

Peace of Mind and Freedom is Priceless. Don't Take it away from me.

So have you had similar experience please share

113 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Marrying Last As First Child by criuze(m): 12:21am On Aug 09, 2021
Please marry if you can

Play boy is not so good a reasonable idea from a responsible adult

213 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Marrying Last As First Child by yanabasee1(m): 12:52am On Aug 09, 2021
If all the children in your family have gotten married and began to raise a family and you don't seems to bother about it.....than you are yet to grow up.... You still have a childish mentality...

No one is forcing you to get married... But marriage shows that one has gotten to a stage in their life that they'd begin to take responsibility....

Being a man isn't just sleeping around with different girls... but going to get a woman traditionally to become your wife .

Go and marry and gettat from here....

336 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Marrying Last As First Child by Afamsi: 1:16am On Aug 09, 2021
E no concern you now but dont forget, when you get old e go concern you.

140 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Marrying Last As First Child by scrolldown88: 1:41am On Aug 09, 2021
yanabasee1:
If all the children in your family have gotten married and began to raise a family and you don't seems to bother about it.....than you are yet to grow up.... You still have a childish mentality...

No one is forcing you to get married... But marriage shows that one has gotten to a stage in their life that they'd begin to take responsibility....

Being a man isn't just sleeping around with different girls... but going to get a woman traditionally to become your wife .

I totally disagree with this. Marriage is not a standard to measure maturity or how responsible a person is. I'm not endorsing the OP play boy behavior, however there's lot of single people who are more responsible than some married folks. There's also a lot of married Playboy's, would you say they are highly responsible on account of them being married?
Besides this days we see people just in and out of married, or father children they can't care for, will you call that being matured/responsible?
And why most you take responsibility for another person. It's hard enough taking responsibility for your self and your immediate family. You can't shame a person for refusing to take up a leech.
Lol. So single men are not men because they aren't married?
This uneccessary pressure put on young people is the reason why we have broken homes littered all over.

301 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Marrying Last As First Child by Goldbw122(m): 5:27am On Aug 09, 2021
Well it depends if you are from a rich home, then to get married is very easy but if you are from a poor home then u will understand that all responsibility will be in you. So you just have to so your best and draw your plan well ..

3 Likes

Re: Marrying Last As First Child by Sugardick: 6:16am On Aug 09, 2021
op don't mind all those idiots trying to fück with your mind talking about irresponsibility and childish mentality. You are only responsible for yourself and your immediate family, do what works for you and makes you happy. I'm in your shoes too and I can't stand staying with a girl for 2 days talkless of forever.

na only foolish man dey fall for family pressure or criticism on marriage. infact they no born anybody well for my family to just mention marriage for my ear because I dey change am for them.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Marrying Last As First Child by Chuky7(m): 6:25am On Aug 09, 2021
Sugardick:
op don't mind all those idiots trying to fück with your mind talking about irresponsibility and childish mentality. You are only responsible for yourself and your immediate family, do what works for you and makes you happy. I'm in your shoes too and I can't stand staying with a girl for 2 days talkless of forever.

na only foolish man dey fall for family pressure or criticism on marriage. infact they no born anybody well for my family to just mention marriage for my ear because I dey change am for them.

Thanks bro

I tell you that idea of staying with an unknown girl all your life is frightening.

What happens if you don't like her presence anymore or she becomes a pest do I just leave her like that?

24 Likes

Re: Marrying Last As First Child by Chuky7(m): 6:29am On Aug 09, 2021
scrolldown88:

I totally disagree with this. Marriage is not a standard to measure maturity or how responsible a person is. I'm not endorsing the OP play boy behavior, however there's lot of single people who are more responsible than some married folks. There's also a lot of married Playboy's, would you say they are highly responsible on account of them being married?
Besides this days we see people just in and out of married, or father children they can't care for, will you call that being matured/responsible?
And why most you take responsibility for another person. It's hard enough taking responsibility for your self and your immediate family. You can't shame a person for refusing to take up a leech.
This uneccessary pressure put on young people is the reason why we have broken homes littered all over.

I second this.

Please I am not irresponsible yes I said playboy but that's in the sense that I end up with different girls most times. I use precaution and go for check ups regularly
None of these girls have been pregnant. I just don't want an issue that I can not handle like getting married and dipping outside which may actually make me look irresponsible. or worse

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Marrying Last As First Child by traihit: 6:45am On Aug 09, 2021
The main issue should be marrying when you are really ready to and not when you are deemed mature.

If you don't stop the playboy attitude now, you won't stop it later when you get married and hence, you shouldn't derive justification for not marrying because you are a playboy.

If for any reason you are not married when even the last kid is married, you must have a genuine, sincere and tangible reason which nobody should downgrade but playboy? You need to work on yourself.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Marrying Last As First Child by yanabasee1(m): 7:35am On Aug 09, 2021
scrolldown88:

You people always want to make arguments when you shouldn't...

What is responsible about a man who is married and still cheats on his wife?

Being single and taking family responsibilities is different from getting married and taking responsibility of your home... The later shows more of manly behaviors...

On the account that people get married to divorce doesn't add up... If a marriage fails, the both parties are to be blame and that could be anybody's fault... And I don't take divorced people serious...

Why shouldn't you take responsibility on your kids and your wife? I grow up to see my father took care of me and my siblings and my mother who was a civil servant and I am going to also have kids and take care of them and my wife ..

If it's hard for you to take care of yourself... then you're still a kid and should go home and let your parents finish taking care of you... When you grow up, you'll be able to take of yourself...

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marrying Last As First Child by scrolldown88: 10:05am On Aug 09, 2021
yanabasee1:

Being single and taking family responsibilities is different from getting married and taking responsibility of your home... The later shows more of manly behaviors...

On the account that people get married to divorce doesn't add up... If a marriage fails, the both parties are to be blame and that could be anybody's fault... And I don't take divorced people serious...

Why shouldn't you take responsibility on your kids and your wife? I grow up to see my father took care of me and my siblings and my mother who was a civil servant and I am going to also have kids and take care of them and my wife ..

If it's hard for you to take care of yourself... then you're still a kid and should go home and let your parents finish taking care of you... When you grow up, you'll be able to take of yourself...

Listen, you mistake my point. People don't have to be married to prove to society that they've grown. It's wrong to pressure them to, and even more wrong to shame them for not getting married.
Because you have a better life and in a position to afford getting married, doesn't mean people who can't afford it or simply rather avoid the complications of marriage for whatever reason are kids.
Getting married is a decision, at least for most men. For women it's not 100% in their hands because they can't simply will themselves to be married, will you say they are irresponsible too?

Stop shaming people for deciding to get married just because you are. And you are most certainly not a higher individual on simply on account of you being married

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Marrying Last As First Child by yanabasee1(m): 10:44am On Aug 09, 2021
scrolldown88:

Listen, you mistake my point. People don't have to be married to prove to society that they've grown. It's wrong to pressure them to, and even more wrong to shame them for not getting married.
Because you have a better life and in a position to afford getting married, doesn't mean people who can't afford it or simply rather avoid the complications of marriage for whatever reason are kids.
Getting married is a decision, at least for most men. For women it's not 100% in their hands because they can't simply will themselves to be married, will you say they are irresponsible too?

Stop shaming people for deciding to get married just because you are. And you are most certainly not a higher individual on simply on account of you being married

You're confusing your thoughts on what's supposed to be a norm and what isn't...

For instance...

A man who's grown (Say 35yrs old) and still living under his parents simply because he's been taken care of...

He doesn't care because he gets what ever he desires from his parent...

Now asking such a person to go get himself a job isn't a pressure...

When we ask young guys to go and get married, we're not trying to push them into it... We are directing them...

Psychologically, people don't thrive if not pushed...

If all of us would say that we're not ready to settle, we wouldn't have gotten to this stage right now..

When I got my first car... It was because I stood under the sun waving at taxi and non was waiting to pick me up . I was devasted and unemployed... I made up my mind to achieve it... because I never wanted to be in that same condition forever...

When people like you make defence of this kind... you're literally trying to shy away from what you should do by giving different excuses...

If I tell you that you should not be pushed into making money as a man... or you shouldn't be pressurized into going to make legit money, you'll think that I am trying to stop you from progressing...

Why pick excuse for marriage? it doesn't fit you ..

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marrying Last As First Child by TalkTalkTwins(m): 11:42am On Aug 09, 2021
Ok
Re: Marrying Last As First Child by Hichatt: 11:43am On Aug 09, 2021
Interesting
Re: Marrying Last As First Child by Timoleon(m): 11:43am On Aug 09, 2021
Which kain mumu thread be dis for front page?

6 Likes

Re: Marrying Last As First Child by kenzysmith: 11:43am On Aug 09, 2021
Play boy end at 28 any body who has cross 28 still doing playboy is a Efulefu and immature as a man. Op u suppose to they shame. Go marry old papa youngi shame shame

As your fada and mother feel anytime dey reason ur matter

10 Likes

Re: Marrying Last As First Child by Sluacoast(m): 11:44am On Aug 09, 2021
Try and get married o. In such if you don't want to. Just have kids. That would show some respect.

2 Likes

Re: Marrying Last As First Child by shadrach77: 11:44am On Aug 09, 2021
Marriage is not an achievement. Operate at your own pace. Don't let anyone push you. It's just an archaic African idea. But being a playboy is not something to be proud of cry

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Marrying Last As First Child by simhosting: 11:45am On Aug 09, 2021
grin
Re: Marrying Last As First Child by ShitHead(m): 11:45am On Aug 09, 2021
All the people putting pressure on you just wan come chop party rice, lift them nyash up and down in the name of dancing, and run away; leaving you with the wahala.

Marriage is not an achievement.

If u like, marry, if u no like, no marry.

Don't bring anyone into your home to frustrate you, or to frustrate the person.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marrying Last As First Child by RodgersAkpafu: 11:45am On Aug 09, 2021
yanabasee1:

Imagine what this one is writing undecided

6 Likes

Re: Marrying Last As First Child by Nobody: 11:45am On Aug 09, 2021
what if you no come marry, wetin go happen

let me add my pov.

I think it is high time we start questioning all these norms and tradition, I think the most important criteria to sustain a Boim is supposed to be measured by the level of positive impact, the norm has had on the society.

but look at our society, can it be said to be positively impacted to a reasonable extent, yet we are guided by norms and tradition, traditions which are adhered to doggedly, all because "that's how its being done", hell, must we follow a norm because others are doing it?, at least we are ablessed with a reasoning ability, let us look at our society and see the impact, adherance to these norms has done.

is there progress?
is there happiness, peace, satisfaction, comfort?

all these are basic right of every human being, but look around, it's all confusion.

why then do we still stick to what isn't working, are we too blind to see?, why do we like patching up a norm, with the hope that it will be better, can you be filled without eating?, will there ever be a change without an action?

no, but we must discard what isn't productive and embrace what is productive, and also, it is worthy to note that because an idea is productive for a season, it will be for all season, no, but whenever an idea stops being productive, it is only wise to drop it and embrace what Is more productive.

something is fundamentally wrong with the laws of marriage, it needs restructuring.

7 Likes

Re: Marrying Last As First Child by Nobody: 11:45am On Aug 09, 2021
Learn forex trading and be your own boss
Re: Marrying Last As First Child by williams85(m): 11:45am On Aug 09, 2021
Chuky7:
Has anyone experienced this. This is where I find myself. And I keep getting talks like it's a bad thing. Talks like your last has married before you shouldn't you be ashamed. Some even go to extent of proclaiming abomination.

For me all this one's no concern me. I am a playboy at heart and will marry at my own time or not at all. Depends on how I feel.

Do whatever that makes you happy..
Life if to short to worry about people’s opinion in your life..

1 Like

Re: Marrying Last As First Child by BKayy: 11:45am On Aug 09, 2021
Live your life. Don't mind them.
Even marriage is a human invention. Until you find the right partner that can help propagate your gene, don't settle for less.
Don't ever be deceived into carrying the available Retired Olosho ex-feminist that ran into Christ to marry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marrying Last As First Child by mmsen: 11:46am On Aug 09, 2021
I do not understand the African obsession with marriage and reproduction when Africans have failed to put in place the very basics to sustain civilized, dignified existence.

Or why marriage is seen as an achievement in countries with no electricity or safe water supply.

Or security.

Or rule of law.

Strange people.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marrying Last As First Child by DoggoneDogg: 11:46am On Aug 09, 2021
[s]
yanabasee1:

[/s]

Verily verily I say unto you, You are dumb.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marrying Last As First Child by RodgersAkpafu: 11:47am On Aug 09, 2021
yanabasee1:

My goodness
WTF is this? shocked shocked

12 Likes

Re: Marrying Last As First Child by free2ryhme: 11:47am On Aug 09, 2021
Chuky7:

Inasmuch as the support for "live your life they way you want" goes, that you could go extra to open a thread on this issue and not keep it private speaks volume of your torment and guilty conscience.

You no get mind, rest

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Mother Or First Son, Who Is Entitled To The Late Father's Property / 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage / Man Died After Wife Dumped Him, Eloped With Lover Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.