Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,199 members, 7,953,739 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:11 AM

Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. (6902 Views)

Biafra: I Am A Loyal And Staunch Supporter Of Biafra-ex Minister / Biafra;i Don’t Want Another Country, A Beautiful Piece On Biafra- Vanguard / Radio Biafra, I.P.O.B, Secession Uproar Was Never Because GEJ Lost (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. by buffny: 7:08pm On May 17, 2011
I know that the second in command of biafra was an efik. but i want to know if the efik people and ibibio people supported biafra.
Re: Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. by EzeUche2(m): 7:10pm On May 17, 2011
Efiks/Ibibios yes. . .

Annang no. . .

But why this question? Not even all Igbos supported Biafra.

2 Likes

Re: Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. by udezue(m): 7:21pm On May 17, 2011
I heard Annang ppl are wicked. An Efik man told me lol

2 Likes

Re: Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. by Nobody: 7:25pm On May 17, 2011
udezue:

I heard Annang ppl are wicked. An Efik man told me lol

that's how it starts. Nigerian men have to be the biggest gossipers amongst men. Dkics in skirts.

He said, she siad, they said.

2 Likes

Re: Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. by jmaine: 7:39pm On May 17, 2011
My grand mum told me that at first the Efik and the Ibibio clan supported the biafran cause but when a salient question was raised about the prospect and share of the minorities ( Efik and Ibibio) in the new Biafran republic if successful, the Igbos casually told them their question was not necessary liking it to a discussion between husband and wife that can always be discussed later . . You know how wife's are treated in the African settings as Persona Non Grata. the Efiks and the Ibibio felt insulted by tagging them as wife's in the Biafran cause and pulled off their support. . .that marked the beginning of a dwindling fortune of Biafra territorial gains in the war . . .They felt the Igbos could not be trusted lest they become slaves and second class citizens in the new republic

9 Likes

Re: Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. by aljharem3: 7:39pm On May 17, 2011
op

they did not, effiong an efik man still insulted ojukwu before he die calling him a spoilt child

ojukwu and igbo soilders killed the minority leaders and put puppets head in place of them

i can provide links for this

u watch

1 Like

Re: Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. by EzeUche2(m): 7:43pm On May 17, 2011
alj_harem:

op

they did not, effiong an efik man still insulted ojukwu before he die calling him a spoilt child

ojukwu and igbo soilders killed the minority leaders and put puppets head in place of them

i can provide links for this

u watch

Where are you getting this rubbish from?

Ibibios/Efik remained true to the Biafran cause. They were also the ones who bore the brunt of the attacks. Ibibio women were despoiled, and that is why many Ibibios say that any ugly Ibibio is the product of such unions.

It was the Annang, who caused the most problems for the Biafrans just like the Ijaws.

5 Likes

Re: Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. by aljharem3: 7:44pm On May 17, 2011
EzeUche_:

Where are you getting this rubbish from?

Ibibios/Efik remained true to the Biafran cause.

It was the Annang, who caused the most problems for the Biafrans just like the Ijaws.

is effiong not an efik or ibibio man

please answer without insult
Re: Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. by EzeUche2(m): 7:47pm On May 17, 2011
Why should I answer your question? I doubt you even met an Ibibio man in your life, let alone conversed with one.

It is not your concern, because remember everyone East of the River Niger is Igbo right?
Re: Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. by aljharem3: 7:48pm On May 17, 2011
EzeUche_:

Why should I answer your question? I doubt you even met an Ibibio man in your life, let alone conversed with one.

i don't think i have met an ibibio man in my life

yes i have met a lot of efik people and a lot of ibibio girls

now how is that related to the question i asked ?
Re: Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. by udezue(m): 7:50pm On May 17, 2011
Effiong might have issue with Ojukwu but it didn't and haven't stopped him from supporting the cause. He even remained true to his core belief in his book and till death. His son is on my FB and he is carrying on his father's legacy so kindly STFU @ Alj Harem.

4 Likes

Re: Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. by aljharem3: 7:55pm On May 17, 2011
udezue:

Effiong might have issue with Ojukwu but it didn't and haven't stopped him from supporting the cause. He even remained true to his core belief in his book and till death. His son is on my FB and he is carrying on his father's legacy so kindly STFU @ Alj Harem.

but he insulted ojukwu before he die

and said biafra is a lot cause, i am looking for that link please be patient before u start telling me to STFU undecided
Re: Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. by aljharem3: 8:01pm On May 17, 2011

1 Like

Re: Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. by udezue(m): 8:03pm On May 17, 2011
Alj Harem continue looking for the link till u go blind. Unintelligent foools like u make outrageous comments all the time. Someone having an issue with Ojukwu does not equal to being anti-Biafran. Even Madiebo got issues with Ojukwu yet no one have ever tagged him or entire Igbo anti-Biafran u mindless simpleton. Grab a copy of Effiiong's book and holla back.

4 Likes

Re: Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. by aljharem3: 8:05pm On May 17, 2011
udezue:

Alj Harem continue looking for the link till u go blind. Unintelligent foools like u make outrageous comments all the time. Someone having an issue with Ojukwu does not equal to being anti-Biafran. Even Madiebo got issues with Ojukwu yet no one have ever tagged him or entire Igbo anti-Biafran u mindless simpleton. Grab a copy of Effiiong's book and holla back.

why the insult undecided haba brother

the link is above u, i think u should check it out
Re: Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. by udezue(m): 8:05pm On May 17, 2011
OP get a life. Efik-Ibibio and Igbos are natural allies.

7 Likes

Re: Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. by aljharem3: 8:07pm On May 17, 2011
udezue:

OP get a life. Efik-Ibibio and Igbos are natural allies.

no thats a lie and u know it

1 Like

Re: Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. by Ngodigha: 8:08pm On May 17, 2011
@The OP, THIS YOUR BRAINLESS THREAD BELONGS TO THE WASTE BIN.

1 Like

Re: Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. by dempeople(m): 8:17pm On May 17, 2011
alj_harem:

no thats a lie and u know it

What is not true? Of course they're natural allies.

alj_harem, u have to understand that ALL ethnic nationalities east of the niger have solid historical relationships with Ndigbo. Its only the Ijaw that prove stubborn most times. Ijaw themselves have cohabitation problems with other nationalities in the delta not just Ndigbo. Quite difficult people despite the Igbo blood that flows in most of them.

I'm telling you the facts.
Re: Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. by ChinenyeN(m): 10:47pm On May 17, 2011
Like the Annang, I've heard a lot people accuse the Ngwa of sabotage. *shrug* In my opinion though, the Ijo are the worst (not just with Igbo, but with others like the Ogoni). The Ibibio-Efik are historically on the same page with the Igbo. Anyone who tries to question that is obviously displaying ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. by Nobody: 11:01pm On May 17, 2011
Ojuku forced them into the so called biafra struggle all because of the oil.Can any ibo tell us why the ibos overshadowed other minorities within the biafra thing ?

3 Likes

Re: Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. by AndreUweh(m): 11:20pm On May 17, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Ojuku forced them into the so called biafra struggle all because of the oil.Can any ibo tell us why the ibos overshadowed other minorities within the biafra thing ?
You are a no-brainer at all. This your stupendous thread goes a long way to show how brainless humans can be. Even your fellow school drop-outs can confortably spell Ojukwu while you can not.
It's a pity anything Igbo, Biafra or Ojukwu scares away your life. Ride on.

7 Likes

Re: Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. by ChinenyeN(m): 11:31pm On May 17, 2011
Bluetooth that's a stupid question with a simple answer: population. It's not astro-physics.
Re: Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. by Nobody: 11:33pm On May 17, 2011
What does this have to do with the issue I raised ? Everybody knows biafra is ojuku's personal agenda.
Andre Uweh:

You are a no-brainer at all. This your stupendous thread goes a long way to show how brainless humans can be. Even your fellow school drop-outs can confortably spell Ojukwu while you can not.
It's a pity anything Igbo, Biafra or Ojukwu scares away your life. Ride on.
Re: Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. by ezeagu(m): 11:34pm On May 17, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Can you even tell the difference between an Ibibio and Igbo first before commenting on their relations? undecided
Re: Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. by Nobody: 11:37pm On May 17, 2011
ChinenyeN:

Bluetooth that's a silly question with a simple answer: population. It's not astro-physics.  

So because of the population,Ibos get to decide for the other minorities even without their consultation and approval for such agenda ? How did he bring them to accept the biafran struggle since they are not ibos ?
How is the dominating factor of ibo over the other minorities to chose for them different from what the core north is doing to the north central region ?

1 Like

Re: Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. by ezeagu(m): 11:39pm On May 17, 2011
~Bluetooth:

So because of the population,Ibos get to decide for the other minorities even without their consultation and approval for such agenda ? How did he bring them to accept the biafran struggle since they are not ibos ?
How is the dominating factor of ibo over the other minorities to chose for them different from what the core north is doing to the north central region ?

Which northerner knows what an Ibibio is? Biafra wasn't about Igbo people it was about the former eastern region who thought they would do better on their own. Who forced Effiong to be second in command?
Re: Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. by ChinenyeN(m): 11:42pm On May 17, 2011
Gross assumption Bluetooth. That's your problem right here.
Re: Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. by Nobody: 11:43pm On May 17, 2011
ezeagu:

Can you even tell the difference between an Ibibio and Igbo first before commenting on their relations? undecided

They have different language and culture which are the factors that determine a tribe.abeg tell me how south south and south east are related in modern nigeria political settings ?
ezeagu:

Which northerner knows what an Ibibio is? Biafra wasn't about Igbo people it was about the former eastern region who thought they would do better on their own. Who forced Effiong to be second in command?

did ojuku conduct a referendum to know if the ijaws,urhobos,and other tribes really want to secede from Nigeria ? Who are the representatives of the ijaw,itsekiris,urhobos that gave the go ahead to declare a republic of biafra ?

1 Like

Re: Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. by ChinenyeN(m): 11:52pm On May 17, 2011
Typically Bluetooth, I give you points for some of your posts, but your questions and attitude in this context are gross. I don't understand what it is you don't get. Biafra was not an 'Igbo' thing. Go and speak with some Ibibio and Efik to broaden your understanding. I think it would serve you better to do that as opposed to what you're doing here.
Re: Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. by Nobody: 11:59pm On May 17, 2011
ChinenyeN:

Typically Bluetooth, I give you points for some of your posts, but your questions and attitude in this context are gross. I don't understand what it is you don't get. Biafra was not an 'Igbo' thing. Go and speak with some Ibibio and Efik to broaden your understanding. I think it would serve you better to do that as opposed to what you're doing here.

Let tell you.I have ibibio,Anang and Ijaw friends that told how they despised ibos for dictating to them in the past.You keep saying biafra is not an ibo thing,what consultation did ojuku make before declaring the state of biafra ? Who did he consult among the other tribes ?

3 Likes

Re: Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. by ezeagu(m): 12:39am On May 18, 2011
~Bluetooth:

They have different language and culture which are the factors that determine a tribe.abeg tell me how south south and south east are related in modern nigeria political settings ?

Can you tell them apart? By the way can you describe the ethnic make-up of Delta and Rivers state, two core south-south states?

~Bluetooth:

did ojuku conduct a referendum to know if the ijaws,urhobos,and other tribes really want to secede from Nigeria ? Who are the representatives of the ijaw,itsekiris,urhobos that gave the go ahead to declare a republic of biafra ?

What part of Biafra were the Urhobo and Itsekiri in? The eastern region actually voted to secede.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gej's End Of Year Appraisal / Aviation Ministry Inaugurates Private-Jet Terminal / 17, 000 Nigerians Seek Asylum In Chad, Cameroon, Niger – UNHCR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.