Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,047 members, 7,825,335 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

Aviation Ministry Inaugurates Private-Jet Terminal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aviation Ministry Inaugurates Private-Jet Terminal (6870 Views)

Union Faults Aviation Ministry Merger / President Buhari Meets Aviation Ministry At State House Today / Aviation Ministry Confirms N255m Vehicles Purchase For Oduah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aviation Ministry Inaugurates Private-Jet Terminal by Tolexander: 6:01am On Jan 22, 2013
The Federal Ministry of Aviation has inaugurated the first-ever private jet terminal at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport.

The brief ceremony according to an online platform, The Citizen, was led by Deputy Senate President Ike Ekweremadu.

The completely remodelled terminal is in line with the Minister of Aviation, Princess Stella Oduah transformation agenda.

Speaking at the inauguration, Ekweremadu said: “This is a ministry which has done everything to appropriate properly, the monies allocated to it. I would like to comment the commend the president for helping us re-engineer the aviation sector.”

In the same vein, the Chairman House Committee on Aviation, Nkiruka Onyiocha dispelled rumours of the House and the Ministry of Aviation being at logger heads.

“We will continue to support you to ensure that the aviation sector will continue to move at this pace. We assure you of our support, and assure Nigerians that with the help of the National Assembly, we wish to see more transformation in other sectors,” she said.

Also present at the ceremony was the Director General of Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN), Mr George Uriesi, Director General of Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA), Harold Demuren, and the Director General of the Nigerian Airspace Management Agency (NAMA).

Highlighting the achievements of the event, Uriesi said the inaugurated private commercial terminal was the first of such recorded, stating that it opened business opportunities for Nigerians

“The private flight industry has grown the most all around the world, and the commercially important people will be provided these facilities, as also the business opportunities.

“I have no doubt in my mind, that we can be anything we choose to be. With the support we get from you. We will be able to change the passenger service we provide in Nigeria.”

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/aviation-ministry-inaugurates-first-private-jet-terminal/137092/
Re: Aviation Ministry Inaugurates Private-Jet Terminal by braine(m): 6:13am On Jan 22, 2013
But they banned import of private jets.

Or them pastors don't have parking space anymore?

What's wrong with these people? undecided

1 Like

Re: Aviation Ministry Inaugurates Private-Jet Terminal by kunlekunle: 6:26am On Jan 22, 2013
naija no even get plane
??
Re: Aviation Ministry Inaugurates Private-Jet Terminal by Tolexander: 6:35am On Jan 22, 2013
likely percentage of the terminal that will be occupied by each sector!

Religion
Pastors: 90% to 99%
imams: 0.001%
Babalawo/traditionalist: 0.0000000000001 *10^-10(amstrong)%
Business
Telecommunication: 30%
Oil and gas:60%
Banking:9%
others:1%
Sport
Footballers:90%
others :10%
Politics(for now)
PDP:95%
ACN:3%
CPC:2%
Others:1%

2 Likes

Re: Aviation Ministry Inaugurates Private-Jet Terminal by braine(m): 6:38am On Jan 22, 2013
^^^I've not heard of an Imam with a private jet.

1 Like

Re: Aviation Ministry Inaugurates Private-Jet Terminal by Tolexander: 6:57am On Jan 22, 2013
braine: ^^^I've not heard of an Imam with a private jet.
you've not heard doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
I haven't heard either, that is why i said likely stat when the terminal is completed giving them that percentage.
Re: Aviation Ministry Inaugurates Private-Jet Terminal by Adurangba(f): 8:45am On Jan 22, 2013
braine: But they banned import of private jets.

They suspended the import, not ban. So the ones that are already in the country dont need a terminal? Or they should be using the international terminal?
Re: Aviation Ministry Inaugurates Private-Jet Terminal by braine(m): 9:29am On Jan 22, 2013
Adura_ngba:

They suspended the import, not ban. So the ones that are already in the country dont need a terminal? Or they should be using the international terminal?

So where are the existing ones put?
Re: Aviation Ministry Inaugurates Private-Jet Terminal by BlackPeni5: 9:32am On Jan 22, 2013
Tolexander: likely percentage of the terminal that will be occupied by each sector!

Religion
Business
Sport
Politics(for now)

Bros which kind mathematics be this...Abi maximum percentage no be 100% again?

1 Like

Re: Aviation Ministry Inaugurates Private-Jet Terminal by shevon: 9:42am On Jan 22, 2013

The Sultan of Sokoto was flown out in a private jet to UK on Sunday. Though they didn't mention the owner, he should count for one (at least he reps somehow) Meanwhile, the percentage attributed to them is way down there, so that shouldn't count for much.
Re: Aviation Ministry Inaugurates Private-Jet Terminal by fkaz(m): 9:45am On Jan 22, 2013
me and my pastor don decide, we no buy jet again.
We want to buy yacht now, so dat we go carry our evangelism go riverine area.

Nah yacht tinz

1 Like

Re: Aviation Ministry Inaugurates Private-Jet Terminal by ypzilanti: 9:48am On Jan 22, 2013
If I was government, that private jet terminal would be a 'trap' to catch those who have not been paying tax, and cannot account for their wealth. grin

1. If you are not an industrialist or financial mogul.

2. If you are not a government official using government plane.

3. If you are not an entertainer or sports person.

FIRS should pay you a visit.

N.B. Many of the private jet owning pastors can be spared arrest under the grouping of 'entertainers' too. grin

1 Like

Re: Aviation Ministry Inaugurates Private-Jet Terminal by Tolexander: 9:53am On Jan 22, 2013
Black Peni5:

bro no vex o.
Na approximation by estimation without imaginable maginalization of the statistical reality of incubent occurence but with additional probation of the available data.

1 Like

Re: Aviation Ministry Inaugurates Private-Jet Terminal by Nobody: 9:57am On Jan 22, 2013
Black Peni5:

isnt it obvious the guy is an ignorant buffoon? allow him to continue making a fo0l of himself.

1 Like

Re: Aviation Ministry Inaugurates Private-Jet Terminal by great664(m): 10:01am On Jan 22, 2013
Black Peni5:

u nor see say na different sector. Look well
Re: Aviation Ministry Inaugurates Private-Jet Terminal by Tolexander: 10:01am On Jan 22, 2013
careytommy:
isnt it obvious the guy is an ignorant buffoon? allow him to continue making a fo0l of himself.
what is this impersonating human being!
Re: Aviation Ministry Inaugurates Private-Jet Terminal by Nobody: 10:05am On Jan 22, 2013
Tolexander: bro no vex o.
Na approximation by estimation without imaginable maginalization of the statistical reality of incubent occurence but with additional probation of the available data.
I am discombobulated.....
Re: Aviation Ministry Inaugurates Private-Jet Terminal by bigfat: 10:21am On Jan 22, 2013
[size=20pt]OH THEY JUST REMEMBERED THAT THEY WOULD GET THIS DONE NA WAH AFTER A CENTURY ...[/size]
Re: Aviation Ministry Inaugurates Private-Jet Terminal by talktimi(m): 10:31am On Jan 22, 2013

mr braine, importation of private jets was SUSPENDED not BANNED haba. Use a dictionary to get a definition of the two words
Re: Aviation Ministry Inaugurates Private-Jet Terminal by Jeejile: 10:35am On Jan 22, 2013
Tolexander: likely percentage of the terminal that will be occupied by each sector!

Religion
Business
Sport
Politics(for now)

Your calculation is just confusion from a confusionist that really exposed your dullness. I don't believe you passed your exams in school. Percentage is 100 at maximum.
Re: Aviation Ministry Inaugurates Private-Jet Terminal by AZeD1(m): 10:45am On Jan 22, 2013
Jeejile:

Your calculation is just confusion from a confusionist that really exposed your dullness. I don't believe you passed your exams in school. Percentage is 100 at maximum.

Can't you see the sector headings?
Re: Aviation Ministry Inaugurates Private-Jet Terminal by MusicCafe: 10:51am On Jan 22, 2013
shevon:

The Sultan of Sokoto was flown out in a private jet to UK on Sunday. Though they didn't mention the owner, he should count for one (at least he reps somehow) Meanwhile, the percentage attributed to them is way down there, so that shouldn't count for much.

Perhaps you mean Emir of Kano, whether the Emir or the Sultan, none of them is an Imam
Re: Aviation Ministry Inaugurates Private-Jet Terminal by drnoel: 10:52am On Jan 22, 2013

its the temporary madness that happens to Nigerian public officials...
Re: Aviation Ministry Inaugurates Private-Jet Terminal by Tolexander: 11:14am On Jan 22, 2013
Jeejile:

jelili or wat is ur name self! Cant you see it is complex enough for u to comprehend? U could have told me to come down to your level.
Re: Aviation Ministry Inaugurates Private-Jet Terminal by taharqa: 11:19am On Jan 22, 2013
Kudos to d Ministry of Aviation, obviously one of d performing ministries. This is d 2nd terminal commissiond from d 11 remodelld ones. When are they going to commissiond 'my' remodelld Benin terminal, a COMPLETE and REAL change from d mess it had bn for years?.... Again, Kudos
Re: Aviation Ministry Inaugurates Private-Jet Terminal by tchaik(m): 11:19am On Jan 22, 2013
ypzilanti: If I was government, that private jet terminal would be a 'trap' to catch those who have not been paying tax, and cannot account for their wealth. grin

1. If you are not an industrialist or financial mogul.

2. If you are not a government official using government plane.

3. If you are not an entertainer or sports person.

FIRS should pay you a visit.

N.B. Many of the private jet owning pastors can be spared arrest under the grouping of 'entertainers' too. grin

As if you read my mind. Govt should TAX em rich mudaphuckers back to the Stone Age! Nice One
Re: Aviation Ministry Inaugurates Private-Jet Terminal by Dee60: 11:20am On Jan 22, 2013
Why not spend this money to upgrade Police College?
Re: Aviation Ministry Inaugurates Private-Jet Terminal by Tolexander: 11:23am On Jan 22, 2013
great664: u nor see say na different sector. Look well
A-ZeD:

Can't you see the sector headings?
may God continue to make you a rod for the blinds.
Re: Aviation Ministry Inaugurates Private-Jet Terminal by KINGwax(m): 11:35am On Jan 22, 2013
shay na public transport the sultan of kano carry fly out?
Re: Aviation Ministry Inaugurates Private-Jet Terminal by Nobody: 11:44am On Jan 22, 2013
maybe we need private jet Airports too

Re: Aviation Ministry Inaugurates Private-Jet Terminal by 1forall: 12:19pm On Jan 22, 2013
A private jet terminal will never be accessed by 95%+ of the population.
Can't my people see that this is not a people oriented development?
They are spending money on themselves and people are commending them tschhew
angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

MODIFIED / APC Convention: Olusegun Declares For Youth Leadership, Assures Inclusiveness / Use Eid-El-Kabir To Strengthen Bonds Of Nationhood, Ibori Tells Muslims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.