Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,673 members, 7,820,362 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1155) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4606802 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1152) (1153) (1154) (1155) (1156) (1157) (1158) ... (6194) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 10:11pm On Nov 27, 2015
jstbeinhonest:

With the way the votes i've seen are swinging,ronaldo might actually come 2nd.Some of the vote are so rediculous. Norways capt voted.1.maschrano 2.ronaldo 3.bale.#Lyk seriously
The hate is real. grin

Bale??..chai.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackodam: 11:58pm On Nov 27, 2015
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 1:11am On Nov 28, 2015
According to reports in Spain, Florentino Perez and the club are going behind their manager's back in an attempt to find a new manager to take over and this would be huge news if it's true...

Catalan newspaper Ara claim that Los Blancos have made enquiries about none other than Pep Guardiola! Barcelona legend!
grin grin grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 2:24am On Nov 28, 2015
jstbeinhonest:

With the way the votes i've seen are swinging,ronaldo might actually come 2nd.Some of the vote are so rediculous. Norways capt voted.1.maschrano 2.ronaldo 3.bale.#Lyk seriously
That's the silly thing about the voting system. Well, Bale? That one na person? lol.

As for Ronaldo, I guess he would deserve any position from 2nd to 4th spot.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 2:25am On Nov 28, 2015
bykebyke:

No wonder our players tax case no deh end. grin
And imagine, even with all the whole off-pitch wahala we still dey win trophies. Nothing wey person go tell me joor, we dey use jazz.cheesycheesycheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 2:33am On Nov 28, 2015
Real Madrid wants Pep to take over the reins from Benitez.

Joke of the season.cheesycheesycheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 2:47am On Nov 28, 2015
barackodam:
Guys.......how true??

http://www.footlivestream.net/breaking-real-madrid-to-face-same-ban
The thing is, FIFA had already concluded investigations as regards the ban but no one knows why they are yet to inflict the punishment on them. This was the reason MD (Mundo Deportivo) wrote to FIFA as regards the matter. FIFA replied that they had concluded every investigations and that they (Madrid) have been found guilty, yet they are still delaying in doing the needful.

It seems Atletico are guilty too.

As usual I smell foul play. Perez buying his way out as usual. Smh
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 6:09am On Nov 28, 2015
jstbeinhonest:

Sigh!
FIFA should start organizing a seminar for Coaches and captains before balon d'or voting starts. Most of them really make awful and embarrassing choices when voting! How would a sane human being just wake up and decide to nominate a player that was booed almost throughout the season (Bale) for balon d'or?

May God help us.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 7:00am On Nov 28, 2015
I've been seriously thinking about this issue for a while now, it's quite baffling.

It's quite long tho'

Sergio Busquets was snubbed by UEFA but remains as vital as ever at Barca

This shouldn't need saying anymore, but Sergio Busquets is very good at football.
This week, UEFA's official website released a 40-man short list, from which they asked readers to vote for the 2015 Team of the Year that will be announced in January. The list includes four goalkeepers, 12 defenders, 12 midfielders, 12 forwards . . . and no Busquets. Never mind that he played at the heart of the team that claimed a unique treble, winning La Liga, the Copa del Rey and the European Cup, or that the manager of the team described him as the best midfielder in the world. Apparently there's no place for him.
There is a place for Javier Mascherano, who was forced to change positions; by his own admission, he realized when he joined Barcelona that he simply wasn't as good as Busquets. And if it's only right to point out that Mascherano is there as a defender or that some of the other questionable inclusions, in goal, defence or up front, aren't denying Busquets a place, among the midfielders are Hakan Calhanoglu, Grzegorz Krychowiak, Yevhen Konoplyanka and Kevin De Bruyne. The list also includes Arturo Vidal, Claudio Marchisio and Paul Pogba -- men Busquets beat in the Champions League final.
This is not a rant and there's no anger here; there's something a little affected and false (not to mention often interested) about the inevitable wave of polemics that accompany the short lists for major awards and the handing out of trophies themselves. The offence that is sometimes taken at players' positions on podiums is absurd, as if being the world's second- or third-best player makes you rubbish. And then there's that touch of unpleasantness about it, as if other people aren't allowed other opinions.
Ultimately, it just does not matter that much, either. It doesn't matter to Busquets -- at least that's what he says. "I don't want people talking about me, for good or bad. I don't do many interviewers, I don't have Twitter," he said. "I don't long for praise or the lead role."
Still, it is a bit baffling, and yet somehow so very Busquets. It is in his nature to go unnoticed. That's just kind of what he does. Except that surely now, at 27, that relative lack of recognition should have been left behind.
Busquets was not included in the Ballon d'Or short list either, but that's natural enough. That 23-man short list is gleaned from votes for a top three; it is unlikely that anyone will stray far from five or six footballers, and when they do, they almost guarantee that their "other" choice is on the short list. Few people would realistically place Busquets in a top three, not least when the three men who have arguably done the most to be there in the past year are teammates of his on a list that is heavy with attackers and creative midfielders.
But this team of the year list is a bit different. It's 40 players long, for a start. And it is split by position. It is a vote for a team as well as (or perhaps rather than) an individual. There's attempt at balance. But they have left out the player who perhaps best defines balance and best builds a team. In 2015, in Europe, where Barcelona won the continent's most significant trophy, beating the English, French, German and Italian champions on route while also winning both domestic tournaments, is Sergio Busquets really not in the top 40 players on the continent? Is he really not among the best 12 midfielders?
Really?
Busquets' father was the Barcelona goalkeeper Carlos Busquets; a family member was there at all five of the European Cups the club have won, even if father and son sat in the stands back in 2006. This week, Sergio played his 350th Barcelona game; he has won 20 trophies, including five league titles, three European Cups and three Copa del Reys. He has won the World Cup and the European Championships.
"Ah," people say, "but that's because of his teammates." So let's ask one of them.
"We would not have won half as much without him, neither Barcelona nor Spain," Gerard Piqué says. All of which everyone knew, or so we thought. But perhaps not, so here's a reminder.
"As kids we'd be forever shooting at dad and I started as a striker, but I eventually became a pivote, the position I like most and best suits my characteristics," Busquets said. "I'd rather the strikers scored [than me]; they live off goals. I don't care. If I did, I wouldn't play in this position. I love my role, I love the job I do."
That may help to explain why he does not always get noticed. As a rule, Busquets doesn't score goals or provide assists. He hasn't got more than one league goal in a season since he made his debut and after Leo Messi scored that goal at the Santiago Bernabéu in 2011, the Argentinian joked: "what an assist you gave me." What Busquets had done was basically get out of the way, enabling Messi to run.
"Enabling" is the word. Busquets is an enabler but that does not mean he is not able. Nor does it mean that the appreciation from teammates and coaches is solely because he makes them look good; it is also because they know how good he is. That is why Vicente del Bosque said he would like to be reincarnated as Busquets at a time when media and fans were questioning his role in the Spanish national team. It's also why Guardiola declared him "priceless."
Busquets is a defensive midfielder but as descriptions go, it is woefully inadequate. When Luis Enrique described him as the best recently, he did not include the word "defensive" -- "Busquets is the best midfielder in the world." That's midfielder, period. "Pivot" is the word they use in Spain and it is a better word; he does not simply stop the other team, he moves his team, too.
Yes, he protects others; yes, he makes more tackles than anyone else; and yes, he covers more distance than the rest of his team. But as he pointed out in the Champions League final, the only person who outran him was Andrea Pirlo. The point he made was that this was not running to only defend; it was running to find space, to get the team going and the ball circulating.
"He is the most intelligent player I have ever coached," Luis Enrique said recently. Watch him and you soon realise that one of the things he does best is wait. Few understand time like Busquets, slowing down and speeding up at the perfect point.
By halftime of that Champions League final in Berlin, Busquets had played 40 successful passes out of 41 attempted. This season he averages a 93 percent success rate. Some will ask how many of those passes really matter and Busquets would be entitled to answer: all of them. "If I lose the ball I cause the team a problem," he told El País. "I am here to provide solutions."
Even last year, as Barcelona's identity and centre of gravity, switched from the middle of the pitch to the forward line, Busquets remained vital. His job had been made more difficult -- Messi, Neymar and Luis Suárez stretched the pitch and made them more direct, distancing him from the men he looked to pass to -- but Busquets adapted. Now they appear the perfect mix of control and incision.
A few days before the Champions League final, Xavi admitted something that he had been reluctant to say as he approached his definitive farewell. "Busquets is my natural successor," he said. He had always admitted that Busquets was a weakness of his, a man who interpreted the idea of one-touch football like few others. Better still, Xavi said, he played "half-touch" football. And that touch is impeccable.
Neymar called him a "maestro." Piqué said Busquets "has qualities that maybe go unnoticed but out on the pitch he does things that leave us amazed."
In the absence of Messi recently, Suárez and Neymar led a Barcelona side that won nine of 11 games. In term of performances the reaction began in Seville, even though it may not have been fully apparent at the time. Barcelona lost but Neymar led them back after going down 2-0, making it 2-1; only the post stopped them turning it around.
That was the bit that got noticed, if less than normal in the wake of the defeat; the bit that didn't was the difference when Mascherano was removed from central midfield and Busquets was put there instead. Until then, he had filled in for Iniesta as interior. Now at the heart of it all, there was control at last. There was flow. It was not that they were better protected, it was that they became better players.
For opponents, it ends with Busquets. For Barcelona, it starts with him. Last Saturday's Clásico finished 4-0. It began with Sergio Busquets producing a drag-back just four seconds in, which sent Gareth Bale flying helplessly by. Bale made it on that UEFA's short list.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 7:12am On Nov 28, 2015
[size=50pt] MATCH DAY !!! [/size]

Barcelona vs Real Sociedad

Camp Nou

4pm
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by MysticZeus: 7:16am On Nov 28, 2015
homesteady:

Camp Nou

4pm

MSN on the score sheet! #Certainty!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 7:37am On Nov 28, 2015
homesteady:

Camp Nou

4pm
What's your prediction?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by haywhy911(m): 7:47am On Nov 28, 2015
OMG! I've been searching for this thread. Time to join the groove. This thread now has another 'helluva' Barca fan...

I always have this uneasy feeling when I hear Real Sociedad. Maybe it's because of our ridiculously poor run of form at their homeground,The Anoeta. It's a relief we're playing at the Nou Camp today. With Moyes gone [not that he's even a great coach],our job will be incredibly easy. Our triumvirate will tear them apart! gringrin

"Blaugrana vent

un crit valent

tenim um nom el sap tothom...BARCA,BARCA,BAAAARCA!"

Good morning

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 7:55am On Nov 28, 2015
haywhy911:
OMG! I've been searching for this thread. Time to join the groove. This thread now has another 'helluva' Barca fan...

I always have this uneasy feeling when I hear Real Sociedad. Maybe it's because of our ridiculously poor run of form at their homeground,The Anoeta. It's a relief we're playing at the Nou Camp today. With Moyes gone [not that he's even a great coach],our job will be incredibly easy. Our triumvirate will tear them apart! gringrin

"Blaugrana vent

un crit valent

Good morning
Welcome bruv.

Good thing someone else knows our anthem.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackohandso(m): 8:00am On Nov 28, 2015
haywhy911:

"Blaugrana vent

un crit valent

Good morning

Welcome to the thread of the world's greatest football club
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by haywhy911(m): 8:16am On Nov 28, 2015
dmcdad:

Welcome bruv.

Good thing someone else knows our anthem.
gringringrin The anthem is a masterpiece...
barackohandso:

Welcome to the thread of the world's greatest football club
Thanks. Good morning
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 8:57am On Nov 28, 2015
homesteady:

Sigh!
FIFA should start organizing a seminar for Coaches and captains before balon d'or voting starts. Most of them really make awful and embarrassing choices when voting! How would a sane human being just wake up and decide to nominate a player that was booed almost throughout the season (Bale) for balon d'or?

May God help us.
He helped his country qualify for Euro 2016 for the first time in history!
Ronaldo won the Fifa Balon d'or for doing same,but for the World cup instead!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jstbeinhonest(m): 9:00am On Nov 28, 2015
bykebyke:

The hate is real. grin

Bale??..chai.

The more annoying thing is that while most people are voting messi as 1st they are also voting ronaldo as 2nd eg Yaya toure,Mktaryhan,armenias coach etc.Fact is ronaldo would get a huge chunk of europe,and would most certainly win in the middle east.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jstbeinhonest(m): 9:02am On Nov 28, 2015
philfearon:

He helped his country qualify for Euro 2016 for the first time in history!
Ronaldo won the Fifa Balon d'or for doing same,but for the World cup instead!

Dude av u forgotten ronaldo won 4 trophies last year.Bale won nada this year.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 9:12am On Nov 28, 2015
jstbeinhonest:

Dude av u forgotten ronaldo won 4 trophies last year.Bale won nada this year.
Is Bale not Ronaldo's club teammate?
Ijikwa onwe gi aka nwanne?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 9:33am On Nov 28, 2015
dmcdad:

What's your prediction?

I think the match would be tough, they are enjoying 'new coach syndrome', but I'm sure we would win.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jstbeinhonest(m): 9:47am On Nov 28, 2015
homesteady:

Camp Nou

4pm

They've not won any point at the camp nou in over 20 years.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 9:47am On Nov 28, 2015
homesteady:

I think the match would be tough, they are enjoying 'new coach syndrome', but I'm sure we would win.
Hmmm.. Eusebio, ex-Barca B coach. Them go chop am sha.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 9:48am On Nov 28, 2015
real sociedad can.only try to contain us at d bk while tryn to c aw dy cn surprise us on a counter attack....msn on rampage,tz gonna take a miracle for sociedad not to concede atleast 3goals today. mawnin peeps
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jstbeinhonest(m): 9:49am On Nov 28, 2015
femiti:
real sociedad can.only try to contain us at d bk while tryn to c aw dy cn surprise us on a counter attack....msn on rampage,tz gonna take a miracle for sociedad not to concede atleast 3goals today. mawnin peeps

I want 9.,....MSN hatrick.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 9:52am On Nov 28, 2015
femiti:
Plus their new coach is one of Barça's. I don't see them sitting at the back.

I predict a 4-0 drubbing.cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by taiocol: 10:01am On Nov 28, 2015
FT Barcelona 0-0 Real Socidad
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 10:15am On Nov 28, 2015
dmcdad:

Plus their new coach is one of Barça's. I don't see them sitting at the back.
I predict a 4-0 drubbing.cheesy
...he z a new coach tryn to get d confidenz of d fanz nd his employers...he z gonna approach d game wit caution....my tots doe.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 10:25am On Nov 28, 2015
femiti:
...he z a new coach tryn to get d confidenz of d fanz nd his employers...he z gonna approach d game wit caution....my tots doe.
True. But them go chop am still.cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by pelvicky(m): 10:48am On Nov 28, 2015
taiocol:
weed is bad 4 ur health
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackohandso(m): 12:11pm On Nov 28, 2015
Official Squad (vs Real Sociedad)

Bravo, Ter Stegen, Alves, Piqué, Bartra, Mascherano, Mathieu, Vermaelen, Adriano, Alba, Busquets, Rakitić, Iniesta, Munir, Messi, Suárez, Sandro, Neymar.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by MysticZeus: 1:36pm On Nov 28, 2015
taiocol:
I will de activate My account if this happens cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (1152) (1153) (1154) (1155) (1156) (1157) (1158) ... (6194) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.