Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,645 members, 7,813,164 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:06 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1728) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4582522 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1725) (1726) (1727) (1728) (1729) (1730) (1731) ... (6185) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 3:29pm On Sep 19, 2016
bykebyke:
Just seen the video of what was done to Bailly. grin grin

I don laugh tire. grin grin grin
Say the one wey better pass Umtiti? cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 3:47pm On Sep 19, 2016
bykebyke:
Just seen the video of what was done to Bailly. grin grin

I don laugh tire. grin grin grin
The kind lamentation wey dey that thread now ehn, imagine say na City don lose 3 matches, we for no get ear hear word again. Here would have been full of all sort of garbage. grin grin grin the special one is really treating them well grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 5:45pm On Sep 19, 2016
sebod:

The kind lamentation wey dey that thread now ehn, imagine say na City don lose 3 matches, we for no get ear hear word again. Here would have been full of all sort of garbage. grin grin grin the special one is really treating them well grin
You mean the then special one? cheesy

Remember, I get am before... No be wetin?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by stuff46(m): 6:39pm On Sep 19, 2016
dmcdad:

Una two bah. Prayer warriors in waiting to come and intercede for em again when em fan go come calling.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 6:55pm On Sep 19, 2016
stuff46:

Una two bah. Prayer warriors in waiting to come and intercede for em again when em fan go come calling.
Na true ooooo. Where barackohandso
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by stuff46(m): 7:36pm On Sep 19, 2016
dmcdad:
Na true ooooo. Where barackohandso
Many cules don dissapear lately.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 7:49pm On Sep 19, 2016
Who would you guys like Pique to partner with against Atletico?

Umtiti or Mascherano?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by airmark(m): 8:02pm On Sep 19, 2016
Greetings to all my friends in the house. The defensive midfield god has spoken cheesy cheesy

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by pelvicky(m): 8:15pm On Sep 19, 2016
bykebyke:

Umtiti or Mascherano?

masch now.

Something just enter my head, instead of rafinha fighting for a position in midfield/attack, can't we convert him to a RB?.

Guys ,what do u think?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by 10d0ve(m): 8:27pm On Sep 19, 2016
pelvicky:

masch now.

Something just enter my head, instead of rafinha fighting for a position in midfield/attack, can't we convert him to a RB?.

Guys ,what do u think?
Rafinha right back? With his left foot? I don't support
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 8:40pm On Sep 19, 2016
dmcdad:

Lol...
He suddenly turned the special one when United were about signing him.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 8:41pm On Sep 19, 2016
bykebyke:

Umtiti or Mascherano?
Umtiti any day!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 8:44pm On Sep 19, 2016
10d0ve:
Rafinha right back? With his left foot? I don't support
pelvicky:

masch now.

Guys ,what do u think?
The emboldened says it all.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by 10d0ve(m): 9:36pm On Sep 19, 2016
sebod:

Umtiti any day!
Seconded!

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Upnepaa(m): 9:50pm On Sep 19, 2016
umititi ko hmmmtiti ni,he is a good player though but can't shield the very well,there were many times in the last match when they wanna Snatch d ball from him bcus of diz,he needs to improve on dat area or else there will be many defensive errors from him.

masherano all d way,till Madrid wins d treble

rafinha can't play RB position, he fit try the LB.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 9:57pm On Sep 19, 2016
pelvicky:

masch now.

Guys ,what do u think?
No be everybody deh adapt easily o. cheesy grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by 10d0ve(m): 9:58pm On Sep 19, 2016
Upnepaa:
umititi ko hmmmtiti ni,he is a good player though but can't shield the very well,there were many times in the last match when they wanna Snatch d ball from him bcus of diz,he needs to improve on dat area or else there will be many defensive errors from him.

Macherano is no doubt the better defender for now...but I just feel Atm will exploit his height disadvantage, n that's where Titi can help...Titi is a good defender, a very good one at that.. (there's room for improvements off course ) The barca system itself exposes it's defenders...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 9:59pm On Sep 19, 2016
pelvicky:

masch now.

Guys ,what do u think?
Masche has continuously made mistakes since this season started,don't trust him like I used to.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 10:52pm On Sep 19, 2016
bykebyke:

Umtiti or Mascherano?
Umtiti on Monday
Umtiti on Tuesday
Umtiti on Wednesday
Umtiti on Thursday
Umtiti on Friday
Umtiti on Saturday
Umtiti on Sunday
Umtiti during Public Holidays.cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 10:58pm On Sep 19, 2016
Upnepaa:

If you really know how to watch football very well, you would notice Umtiti had those lapses after the hit he got to his throat. If you doubt me, go and re-watch the match. He had an impeccable game prior to that incident. Hence, I wouldn't fault him for having some shakiness due to a potential injury or threatening situation.

Meanwhile, how exactly did Mascherano perform? FYI, the defenders naturally struggled to adapt to the system (3-4-3) which saw them mostly exposed, especially with the absence of Sergio in front of them. So calm down bruv... Not to mention the fact that Piqué had his shaky moments too. Probably due to the tactics too. Understandably so.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 11:00pm On Sep 19, 2016
pelvicky:

masch now.

Guys ,what do u think?
Rafinha at RB? If na play stop am oooooo.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Upnepaa(m): 11:24pm On Sep 19, 2016
dmcdad:

If you really know how to watch football very well, you would notice Umtiti had those lapses after the hit he got to his throat. If you doubt me, go and re-watch the match. He had an impeccable game prior to that incident. Hence, I wouldn't fault him for having some shakiness due to a potential injury or threatening situation.

Meanwhile, how exactly did Mascherano perform? FYI, the defenders naturally struggled to adapt to the system (3-4-3) which saw them mostly exposed, especially with the absence of Sergio in front of them. So calm down bruv... Not to mention the fact that Piqué had his shaky moments too. Probably due to the tactics too. Understandably so.

many barca fans on here are what the Yorubas call "A ri iyawo ko iyale" bcus u don marry a new wife u den stylishly dump the first one,bcus of umititi signing,mash is now losing ur support.

umititi is a good defender no doubt,but I don't think he is no where near mash,even at 33,he is my favourite barca defender at dat.

I totally agree with u dat the formation hindered his performance in the match,it is hard to adapt to a new formation, even the best defenders won't adapt easily.

I think mash is still d coach's first choice lcb though.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 8:45am On Sep 20, 2016
Upnepaa:

many barca fans on here are what the Yorubas call "A ri iyawo ko iyale" bcus u don marry a new wife u den stylishly dump the first one,bcus of umititi signing,mash is now losing ur support.

umititi is a good defender no doubt,but I don't think he is no where near mash,even at 33,he is my favourite barca defender at dat.

I totally agree with u dat the formation hindered his performance in the match,it is hard to adapt to a new formation, even the best defenders won't adapt easily.

Haven't you noticed Mascharano have been slowly but steadily depreciating in his performances? His abject show of lack of pace, which was once his major strength, is becoming all the more noticeable. Against Leganes, he struggled through out the match to withstand the little pressure those players managed to find. He nearly caused penalty twice. Mascharano have been a faithful servant for Barca. We all appreciate his performances full of hearts but we cannot expect him to keep performing at top level. We must begin to get alternatives as his strength begins to wane.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 9:14am On Sep 20, 2016
Upnepaa:

Like bykebyke said, Mascherano has become too error prone in recent times. Same thing happened first half of last season, Mascherano was completely awful, but he picked up in the second half and was the star defender of the latter part of last season.

The thing is; we just have to move on with life. I was clamouring about using a new RB prior to Alves' departure. Not like Alves wasn't great, but because I believe in the fact that there comes a time when we all have to move on. Since Roberto started playing at RB, have you noticed Rakitic is now allowed to play his normal game, rather than act as a cover for Alves?

Mascherano is more experienced quite alright. But Umtiti, with his great potential, complements Piqué perfectly. He does what Mascherano would usually do by breaking play before they even become threats. And aerial ability? That's perfectly covered. Imagine Piqué and Umtiti's aerial abilities... Both are stupendously great when dealing with aerial balls, an area Atletico are very much good at.

Meanwhile, your analogy of marrying a new wife and dumping the old one doesn't hold up here walai. Mascherano for the past 2 seasons or thereabouts has been dropping in terms of his performances. He is far more prone to making mistakes now more than he ever was. Of course you would wanna argue that if that were the case, then he would have been benched more often. But remember, he never had a real competition prior to this season, hence the continued use of him as Piqué's partner.

This is just a natural phenomenon. Let's move on with it. Even he (Mascherano) knows his place is no longer certain.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 12:52pm On Sep 20, 2016
umtiti + pique is all we need in our lives right now.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 1:15pm On Sep 20, 2016
dmcdad:

Like bykebyke said, Mascherano has become too error prone in recent times. Same thing happened first half of last season, Mascherano was completely awful, but he picked up in the second half and was the star defender of the latter part of last season.

The thing is; we just have to move on with life. I was clamouring about using a new RB prior to Alves' departure. Not like Alves wasn't great, but because I believe in the fact that there comes a time when we all have to move on. Since Roberto started playing at RB, have you noticed Rakitic is now allowed to play his normal game, rather than act as a cover for Alves?

Mascherano is more experienced quite alright. But Umtiti, with his great potential, complements Piqué perfectly. He does what Mascherano would usually do by breaking play before they even become threats. And aerial ability? That's perfectly covered. Imagine Piqué and Umtiti's aerial abilities... Both are stupendously great when dealing with aerial balls, an area Atletico are very much good at.

Meanwhile, your analogy of marrying a new wife and dumping the old one doesn't hold up here walai. Mascherano for the past 2 seasons or thereabouts has been dropping in terms of his performances. He is far more prone to making mistakes now more than he ever was. Of course you would wanna argue that if that were the case, then he would have been benched more often. But remember, he never had a real competition prior to this season, hence the continued use of him as Piqué's partner.

This is just a natural phenomenon. Let's move on with it. Even he (Mascherano) knows his place is no longer certain.
Well said bro!
Upnepaa needs to realise that a player cannot carry on forever. If not, players like Xavi wouldn't have been relegated to the bench at a point. Masch has played his part and he'll forever been appreciated and I am sure he too knows he can't play on forever.
As weird as it may sound, Messi would one day be starting from the bench.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by 10d0ve(m): 2:59pm On Sep 20, 2016
I admire pep Guardiola not only as a coach, but also as a person! Dmitri seluk needs to be put in his place...Discipline!!! That's the only thing that worries me about Gomes... (cos his agent is that Jorge menses)some of these agents in modern footie just prime theirselves so high...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by nathaniel007(m): 4:35pm On Sep 20, 2016
Umtiti injured out of Atletico clash
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by SIRcumalot: 4:49pm On Sep 20, 2016
10d0ve:
I admire pep Guardiola not only as a coach, but also as a person! Dmitri seluk needs to be put in his place...Discipline!!! That's the only thing that worries me about Gomes... (cos his agent is that Jorge menses)some of these agents in modern footie just prime theirselves so high...
Am interested in how he will handle kompany.
The situation could mirror our problem with Rooney.
I don't know if when fit, kompany is what Pep is looking for.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by 10d0ve(m): 5:04pm On Sep 20, 2016
SIRcumalot:

Am interested in how he will handle kompany.
The situation could mirror our problem with Rooney.
I don't know if when fit, kompany is what Pep is looking for.
kompany wouldn't expect to walk back into the team...I'm almost certain he won't bench stones (cos of the way pep likes to play) Don't know of Otamendi tho...back to united wahala, mou shouldn't be scared of benching him, (after all he's had poor outings so far) The thing I noticed about mou is that lately he's been giving too many fvcks about what the Press has got to say/his reputation. ..Maybe he doesn't realise the "bad guy" reputation is one of the attributes that makes him special

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by pelvicky(m): 5:58pm On Sep 20, 2016
nathaniel007:
Umtiti injured out of Atletico clash
angryangry
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by goldeno10boy: 7:10pm On Sep 20, 2016
Is it just me or has anyone notice that MAN CITY players now celebrate our nato goals when he scores unlike last season

one of Guadiola's greatest strenght is creating a hamonous team of freinds

that is why many so-called-big-characters don't suvive in his teams

Which is exact opposite of Jose Mourinho.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1725) (1726) (1727) (1728) (1729) (1730) (1731) ... (6185) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.