Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,179 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1782) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4614144 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1779) (1780) (1781) (1782) (1783) (1784) (1785) ... (6200) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Igboid: 1:50pm On Oct 20, 2016
philfearon:

I just dey laugh you. Wait till a fabulous player comes up again in EPL and watch where they are headed(I don't mean a one season wonder kind of player).

Football is contact sports. One nasty injury and your career is over, ask Marco Van Basten how far.

Players knows these. Madrid went through a trophy drought between 2003- 2011, winnin few la liga trophies, yet was attracting the best footballers in the world.

You would be stupid to think it's because of the Trophies they won mainly in 50s and 60s.
It was because of the money they had to spend on those players. First they use big money to lure clubs into selling and second, they lure the players with ridiculous pay rise. Those players weren't rushing to Madrid because of past glories they had as of then, it was the financial reward.

This would explain why the second most successful and glamorous European club in history, AC Milan, is currently not attracting top stars. Agueros and Pogbas of this world chose EPL over AC Milan that would gladly welcome them now.

You know why? AC Milan is broke, even Zlatan and Thiago Silva left them for PSG. Nig.gas ain't loyal, it's all about the Benjamins.
The talk of players tripping for Madrid and Barca because of prestige is BS. It was money all those while. History puts no food on anyone's table.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 1:54pm On Oct 20, 2016
Suarez: "I've fought hard in my life, and I've came to Barça to attempt to enjoy, be happy and try to win titles."

Who are we poaching from EPL next abeg? grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 1:56pm On Oct 20, 2016
See as Busi pocket swell up. shocked shocked

Silva still deh inside? grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 1:57pm On Oct 20, 2016
philfearon:

Abeg leave those joncing people. They can make a fowl mistake itself for an eagle and fly to its Death!
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 1:59pm On Oct 20, 2016
cheesy grin

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 2:02pm On Oct 20, 2016
philfearon:

I just dey laugh you. Wait till a fabulous player comes up again in EPL and watch where they are headed (I don't mean a one season wonder kind of player).
Those ones plenty 4 there well. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 2:50pm On Oct 20, 2016
bykebyke:
Suarez: "I've fought hard in my life, and I've came to Barça to attempt to enjoy, be happy and try to win titles."

Who are we poaching from EPL next abeg? grin grin grin
cheesy Dele alli
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 2:59pm On Oct 20, 2016
OBTSubtle:
cheesy Dele alli
No be ole. undecided
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 3:01pm On Oct 20, 2016
bykebyke:

No be ole. undecided
grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 3:34pm On Oct 20, 2016
grin

Read the last sentence...

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 3:54pm On Oct 20, 2016
OBTSubtle:
grin

Read the last sentence...
Winner..pass me the link to the thread abeg. grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 3:55pm On Oct 20, 2016
Jeremy Mathieu's night vs. Man City:

39': Subbed on
50': Wins his only tackle
71': Yellow card
74': Red card

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (Squawka)

angry angry angry
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 4:11pm On Oct 20, 2016
bykebyke:

Winner..pass me the link to the thread abeg. grin

https://www.nairaland.com/3416588/barcelona-vs-manchester-city-ucl/7Our match thread..
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 4:12pm On Oct 20, 2016
bykebyke:
Jeremy Mathieu's night vs. Man City:

39': Subbed on
50': Wins his only tackle
71': Yellow card
74': Red card

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (Squawka)

angry angry angry

cry Arsenal please come and buy..

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 4:41pm On Oct 20, 2016
cheesy

Guys. Why don't we do something fun..

Let's all answer..

When and why did you start supporting Barça?

Your best moment in Barça history.

Your favorite coach.

Your best Barcelona player.

What number of Jersey you would like to wear if you were a Barça player.

If there's anything else you can add..

Here goes mine. .

It was year 2000, still very little then, I just can back from school, wanted to watch cartoons, and I saw rivaldo dribbling on the TV, that moment, I had a rhema and loved rivaldo.. Fast forward to 2003, after my grandad's burial at the village, my dad was installing a new dish and they decided to try out a few stations, they left it on a station where they were showing Barça history, the football was out of this world, I understood the team was Barça and I picked more interest in it.. Later in 2006, I had just come back from school too and Barça TV had swapped for star movies on our ctl cable something.. So I decided to watch a little, that was the first time I saw what maradona, rivaldo, ronaldinho and some other Barça players were capable of... But it was maradona and ronaldinho, these two people showed me something I never dreamed was possible..I marveled at such brilliance and beauty.. Started following up, and here I am..

Beat moment in Barça history.. That beautiful David villa goal in the Champions League final.. 2011.. I ran outside and feel on concrete.. Still got the scar till this day..

Favorite coach.. Pep, has got to be pep.. Frank is there but pep is class for me..

Favorite player.. The god himself.. Messi..

Jersey number.. 14 suits me...

This isn't an original idea though... If you're interested, you could just drop yours..

For the love of Barcelona.. For the love of the game.

Visca El Barça..
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 5:10pm On Oct 20, 2016
dmcdad:

Those ones plenty 4 there well. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
True talk!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by raumdeuter: 5:19pm On Oct 20, 2016
Igboid:
Lol! I'd like to see how you are going to attract Ozil to a monotonous league. Whatever money you can afford him, Arsenal can and will, and will sure tie him down and frustrate your advances.

Those money you use to throw around those days to lure players away from their cash starved EPL clubs won't do the trick anymore now.

Take a look around you. All the best coaches in the modern game are all currently in EPL, it's the cash trail they are all following, the players will do same, and together, they will all deliver.

Ozil was a Madrid reject, Just like Sanchez was rejected from Barca If Barcan tell either of them to come back today they will leave Arsenal training withot saying goodbye

ManU was richer than Madrid yet Ronaldo their best player in ages longed to play for Madrid
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Igboid: 5:23pm On Oct 20, 2016
raumdeuter:

Ozil was a Madrid reject, Just like Sanchez was rejected from Barca If Barcan tell either of them to come back today they will leave Arsenal training withot saying goodbye

ManU was richer than Madrid yet Ronaldo their best player in ages longed to play for Madrid

I believe you are late to the discussion, and I had since addressed the points you raised. You can go through my posts. I'm done repeating myself.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 5:33pm On Oct 20, 2016
Igboid:

Football is contact sports. One nasty injury and your career is over, ask Marco Van Basten how far.

Players knows these. Madrid went through a trophy drought between 2003- 2011, winnin few la liga trophies, yet was attracting the best footballers in the world.

You would be stupid to think it's because of the Trophies they won mainly in 50s and 60s.
It was because of the money they had to spend on those players. First they use big money to lure clubs into selling and second, they lure the players with ridiculous pay rise. Those players weren't rushing to Madrid because of past glories they had as of then, it was the financial reward.

This would explain why the second most successful and glamorous European club in history, AC Milan, is currently not attracting top stars. Agueros and Pogbas of this world chose EPL over AC Milan that would gladly welcome them now.

You know why? AC Milan is broke, even Zlatan and Thiago Silva left them for PSG. Nig.gas ain't loyal, it's all about the Benjamins.
The talk of players tripping for Madrid and Barca because of prestige is BS. It was money all those while. History puts no food on anyone's table.
Your talk is true to atleast 20%.
Let me give you instances when money failed, but club class and prestige and loyalty took over:
Do you know at a point Abrahamovic and Manchester City owners offered Messi blank cheque?
Again, when Messi signed his contract extension that increased his buy out clause to €250m,Nike offered to Support Both Chelsea and Bayern Munich buy Messi, by paying half his transfer fee that totalled almost €500m if you include other variables?
Do you know Fabregas had to force through his transfer, and even took a transfer cut just to Barca?
Well you probably are familiar with the Ronaldo case.
What of Bale? Do you know how many times Manchester United came for him as they looked to replace Ronaldo, but did he go?
Arda Turan had to wait out six months of his playing career on the side line just to play for Barca.
What of the Neymar case? Do you know he rejected Madrid even when Madrid offered to pay almost double more than Barca paid?
Do you also know that Neymar rejected a bumper €222m from PSG this season to still remain at Barca?
Should I go on?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Chanchit: 5:46pm On Oct 20, 2016
philfearon:

Let me give you instances when money failed, but club class and prestige and loyalty took over:
Do you know at a point Abrahamovic and Manchester City owners offered Messi blank cheque?
Again, when Messi signed his contract extension that increased his buy out clause to €250m,Nike offered to Support Both Chelsea and Bayern Munich buy Messi, by paying half his transfer fee that totalled almost €500m if you include other variables?
Do you know Fabregas had to force through his transfer, and even took a transfer cut just to Barca?
What of Bale? Do you know how many times Manchester United came for him as they looked to replace Ronaldo, but did he go?
Arda Turan had to wait out six months of his playing career on the side line just to play for Barca.
What of the Neymar case? Do you know he rejected Madrid even when Madrid offered to pay almost double more than Barca paid?
Do you also know that Neymar rejected a bumper €222m from PSG this season to still remain at Barca?
Should I go on?

You really have time, I've been watching the guy confuse himself with long epistle since yesterday. i
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 5:51pm On Oct 20, 2016
OBTSubtle:
cheesy

Guys. Why don't we do something fun..

Let's all answer..

When and why did you start supporting Barça?

Your best moment in Barça history.

Your favorite coach.

Your best Barcelona player.

What number of Jersey you would like to wear if you were a Barça player.

If there's anything else you can add..

Here goes mine. .

It was year 2000, still very little then, I just can back from school, wanted to watch cartoons, and I saw rivaldo dribbling on the TV, that moment, I had a rhema and loved rivaldo.. Fast forward to 2003, after my grandad's burial at the village, my dad was installing a new dish and they decided to try out a few stations, they left it on a station where they were showing Barça history, the football was out of this world, I understood the team was Barça and I picked more interest in it.. Later in 2006, I had just come back from school too and Barça TV had swapped for star movies on our ctl cable something.. So I decided to watch a little, that was the first time I saw what maradona, rivaldo, ronaldinho and some other Barça players were capable of... But it was maradona and ronaldinho, these two people showed me something I never dreamed was possible..I marveled at such brilliance and beauty.. Started following up, and here I am..

Beat moment in Barça history.. That beautiful David villa goal in the Champions League final.. 2011.. I ran outside and feel on concrete.. Still got the scar till this day..

Favorite coach.. Pep, has got to be pep.. Frank is there but pep is class for me..

Favorite player.. The god himself.. Messi..

Jersey number.. 14 suits me...

This isn't an original idea though... If you're interested, you could just drop yours..

For the love of Barcelona.. For the love of the game.

Visca El Barça..
My best Barca Moment : There are a lot of great moments I have had while watching Barca play, but this one was the Greatest of them all.
It was in 2009,at Stamford Bridge. I was reeling from the fact it was turning out to be old Trafford(2008) all over again. I almost wept. The whole Chelsea people in my street were taunting me, I felt so terrible that at the 88th minute, I told myself it's over. Immediately I left where I was watching the match, and entered my house, I heard a great goal shout. I thought Chelsea has scored again. My heart almost broke. Immediately, my friend rushed to our house and started shouting like a madman.
I don't I think have ever had such surge of joy in my life. My own madness surpassed his, I ran out and started shouting up and down our street barebodied . I came back to our house, wore my full Barca attire and headed straight to The main road. O boy! Come see other barca fans madness na!
I have to add though that my celebration for when we won Manchester United at the final was great, but that Iniesta moment against Chelsea is it!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 5:53pm On Oct 20, 2016
Chanchit:

You really have time, I've been watching the guy confuse himself with long epistle since yesterday. i
It's either the guy has a short memory or he recently started watching football!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Chanchit: 6:18pm On Oct 20, 2016
philfearon:

It's either the guy has a short memory or he recently started watching football!

Believe me, he knows the truth. He's just trying to win a case for EPL, he's trying to pull *how to get away with murder* on us.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 7:09pm On Oct 20, 2016
Chanchit:

Wikid! cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 7:10pm On Oct 20, 2016
philfearon:

My best Barca Moment : There are a lot of great moments I have had while watching Barca play, but this one was the Greatest of them all.
It was in 2009,at Stamford Bridge. I was reeling from the fact it was turning out to be old Trafford(2008) all over again. I almost wept. The whole Chelsea people in my street were taunting me, I felt so terrible that at the 88th minute, I told myself it's over. Immediately I left where I was watching the match, and entered my house, I heard a great goal shout. I thought Chelsea has scored again. My heart almost broke. Immediately, my friend rushed to our house and started shouting like a madman.
I don't I think have ever had such surge of joy in my life. My own madness surpassed his, I ran out and started shouting up and down our street barebodied . I came back to our house, wore my full Barca attire and headed straight to The main road. O boy! Come see other barca fans madness na!
I have to add though that my celebration for when we won Manchester United at the final was great, but that Iniesta moment against Chelsea is it!
No use laugh kill me abeg.cheesycheesycheesy

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 7:24pm On Oct 20, 2016
philfearon:

Good one grin cool
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 7:36pm On Oct 20, 2016
“There were two ways to approach the game. We could have sat back, and we could have won or lost doing that - but I don't know how to play that way and I don't want to play that way,"

Guardiola explained in his post-match press conference.

Pep you Legend cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Igboid: 7:37pm On Oct 20, 2016
philfearon:

Should I go on?

How exactly did Milan's prestige serve her so far?

Barca was eager to pay Messi as high as he wanted to keep him. If Barca couldn't splash the money on him, Messi won't still be a Barca player.

Neymar and his dad milked Barca dry. For all we know, Neymar is probably the most expensive player on the planet, if we add up the official and non official money Barca spent to lure him to camp nou. Is Barca now a more prestigious European club than Milan?

Slice and dice it anyway you want, it's only when you can match a player's ridiculous wage demands that he can then decide to stick with you over others offering more wages.

Other than Barca, who else in Europe was seriously going for Turan? Turan is just an okay player.

Fabregas left Arsenal because Arsenal was poor. We couldn't spend money to bring in world class stars that would convince him that we were going to be world beaters, neither could we raise his weekly pay to an astronomical levels.
Even Nasri and Van Persie forced their way out of Arsenal for the same reasons, pay raise and prospect of playing at a club with other world class talents, which they believed would guarantee trophies.

If Barca wasn't rich, Barca wouldn't be able to place Messi on his current high weekly salary, and Messi won't be a Barca player, loyalty or no loyalty.
Infact, Barca would have been the one trying to cash out on messi, like Milan did on Kaka, Ibrahimovic and Thiago Silva.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by airmark(m): 7:39pm On Oct 20, 2016
philfearon:

Immediately I left where I was watching the match, and entered my house, I heard a great goal shout. I thought Chelsea has scored again. My heart almost broke. Immediately, my friend rushed to our house and started shouting like a madman.

Bad day for most chelsea fans. Your expecting chelsea's second goal explains how huge chelsea was that time. cool
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 8:24pm On Oct 20, 2016
Chanchit:

Believe me, he knows the truth. He's just trying to win a case for EPL, he's trying to pull *how to get away with murder* on us.
Abi o.
I told him Fabregas took a pay cut just to join Barcelona, and he says Arsenal were a poor club at the time, and yet they were paying him more than Barcelona offered... But he left nonetheless!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 8:26pm On Oct 20, 2016
dmcdad:

No use laugh kill me abeg.cheesycheesycheesy
You no go understand. As we won Manchester United at the finals, we literally ran round Aba!
Good old days!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 8:31pm On Oct 20, 2016
airmark:

Bad day for most chelsea fans. Your expecting chelsea's second goal explains how huge chelsea was that time. cool
We were playing a defensively sound and good Chelsea side, and where One man down (an integral player and defender) and still trailing by 1-0...
Even you must have thought it was over for Barcelona at the time!

(1) (2) (3) ... (1779) (1780) (1781) (1782) (1783) (1784) (1785) ... (6200) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.