Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,453 members, 7,812,392 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:39 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2082) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4580187 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2079) (2080) (2081) (2082) (2083) (2084) (2085) ... (6183) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 3:02pm On Feb 17, 2017
Sampaoli on Barcelona rumours: "Who knows what can happen tomorrow"

grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by mcdreeezy: 3:46pm On Feb 17, 2017
DarkRebel101:

We don't need to revert back to the traditional tiki-taka wherein our midfielders made a million horizontal exchange of short passes in the middle of the park that not only dulled the edge of play, but has also on more than one occasion proven to be nearly inutile when pitted against teams that are balls-out on the defensive i.e teams parking the bus.

What we can and should recourse to is a more direct, more aggressive, and more fast-paced version of tiki-taka, as was seen in the days of Ronaldinho.

And I'd argue tiki-taka was never found out.
Tiki-taka is one philosophy that can be employed in varied number of ways. That one approach of tiki-taka appears to have been debunked by the enemy doesn't mean other approaches can't be utilised.

Sun Tzu said in the Art of war: "Never repeat a tactic that gave you one victory. Allow for your methods to be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances"

Barça for five years repeated the brand of tiki-taka that won her the treble in 2009 whilst under Guardiola. No attempt was made to dial it up a notch; we rested on our laurels and grew smug. And frankly, we'd have remained overweaning had Bayern Munich not demystified that style of tiki-taka we had going back then.

All that is required is that we switch to a style of tiki-taka more suitable for the tempo of the times. To continue to use ONE strategy year in year out and against every opponent we face is an industrial-sized tactical misfiring.

The wisdom in Bruce Lee's words comes home to roost: "I fear not the man who has done 10,000 kicks once, but the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times"

We at Barça have practiced one kick(tiki-taka) 10,000 times. All that is left is for us to learn how to land that one kick in 10,000 different ways so as to remain unpredictable.

Only an exceedingly gifted coach can deliver this to us which is why I agree with Bykebyke that Enrique must leave. Enrique has proven to be a nine-day wonder, and while we should not be tight-fisted when heaping plaudits on him for the trophies he won us on his first campaign, it's high time we start calling a spade a spade.

#Enrique_must_go
#Bring_back_the_tiki-taka_of_2008/2009
Yes. I think when Pep started, the tempo of the game was fast-paced but it became slower as seasons went by. Maybe that's just what we need.

It's crystal clear that Enrique's time is up, we thank him for all the good memories. But he'll have to leave at the end of the season. But who do you think can replace him? As for me I just want a coach that will stick to the ideals of the club like playing our style of football and promoting our Masia players.

homesteady:

No, that's not what we want, we want a functional team that does not only rely on individual brilliance to win games! We want a team that plays good football!
What exactly do you mean by good football? Some people can still argue that we still play good football, they will say that we just do what is necessary to win difficult games. Like the 2nd leg of the CDR tie against Atleti.

As for me, I want us to go back to our possession-based football. That's what we are known for. We are better with the ball than without it.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 4:44pm On Feb 17, 2017
Arrigo Sacchi (ex-coach Milan): "For some time, Barcelona have not been the old Barcelona"

Arrigo Sacchi: "Even in La Liga Barcelona beat the weak clubs with ease, but struggle with stronger sides"

Arrigo Sacchi: "You no longer see that aggressive, organised and hungry Barcelona we so admired"

Sacchi: "Catalans dominated for 10 years, imposing a style that was at times truly marvellous. Barça gave a football lesson to whole world."

Sacchi: "Now Barça have hit a brick wall & even Messi can’t skip past his rivals anymore because the whole machinery of team is broken down"

Sacchi: "Without an idea of what football to play, the individuals will get you nowhere. To come back from 4-0 you need a miracle"

Sacchi: "I always say that to succeed you require, in order of importance, a club, good football and the players."

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by mcdreeezy: 6:21pm On Feb 17, 2017
I know a lot has been said about this guy but who signed Andre Gomes? Is it LE or the board? I never understood his signing and I still don't understand. And to think he came for a huge sum? Or is it Robert Fernandez?

Gomes should be sold, he doesn't fit in and I don't think he'll ever do. Sergi Roberto should go back to the midfield. Aleix Vidal should be our starting RB as from next season, I think he has proved his worth. Samper should be called back, if possible, Munir too.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 6:24pm On Feb 17, 2017
mcdreeezy:
I know a lot has been said about this guy but who signed Andre Gomes? Is it LE or the board? I never understood his signing and I still don't understand. And to think he came for a huge sum? Or is it Robert Fernandez?

Gomes should be sold, he doesn't fit in and I don't think he'll ever do. Sergi Roberto should go back to the midfield. Aleix Vidal should be our starting RB as from next season, I think he has proved his worth. Samper should be called back, if possible, Munir too.
Sergi Roberto isn't world class in midfield either.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 6:24pm On Feb 17, 2017
grin

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 7:00pm On Feb 17, 2017
Some fans saying on Twitter that Andre Gomes was sent by Cristiano to ruin Barca. grin grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by mcdreeezy: 8:34pm On Feb 17, 2017
bykebyke:

Sergi Roberto isn't world class in midfield either.
Where then is he world class in? He can't hold that RB spot down. He's a midfielder and if he can't make one of the midfield spots his own, then I dunno...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 8:54pm On Feb 17, 2017
mcdreeezy:
Yes. I think when Pep started, the tempo of the game was fast-paced but it became slower as seasons went by. Maybe that's just what we need.

It's crystal clear that Enrique's time is up, we thank him for all the good memories. But he'll have to leave at the end of the season. But who do you think can replace him? As for me I just want a coach that will stick to the ideals of the club like playing our style of football and promoting our Masia players.

For now I don't have any particular coach in mind, but I'd like the new man to share some qualities of Diego Simeone. His energy and aggression would have a positive multiplier effect on the entire team.

The La Masia haven't been able to produce qualitative players for some time now. The little spark they produced of recent (Thiago Alcantara) was foolishly allowed to slip right through our butterfingers.

Enough dawdling and waiting on La Masia to give us some magic. Let's cast our nets wider and fish for quality ready-made products in the next transfer window.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 8:58pm On Feb 17, 2017
mcdreeezy:
Where then is he world class in? He can't hold that RB spot down. He's a midfielder and if he can't make one of the midfield spots his own, then I dunno...
Someone that was being planned to get sold. grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 10:04pm On Feb 17, 2017
BREAKING NEWS: UEFA reports that Tom Øvrebø will be the referee for the return leg on March 8 at Camp Nou..confirmed.[MD]

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by onuwaje(m): 10:18pm On Feb 17, 2017
bykebyke:
BREAKING NEWS: UEFA reports that Tom Øvrebø will be the referee for the return leg on March 8 at Camp Nou..confirmed.[MD]
Hmmm

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Olaone1: 10:24pm On Feb 17, 2017
Barcelona - A very useless club
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Olaone1: 10:25pm On Feb 17, 2017
Like that funny guy on Nairaland: I spit profusely on this club grin grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Olaone1: 10:32pm On Feb 17, 2017
bykebyke:
Hmmmmmmm

We are watching oo. Uefaaaaaaaaaa undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jonsnow92: 10:34pm On Feb 17, 2017
Messi! 3' (Barca 1-0 PSG) Messi again! 10' (Barca 2-0 PSG) SUAREZ! 44' (Barca 3-0 PSG ) Second half... Neymar!!!! 70' (Barca 4-0, PSG) INIESTAAAAAA!!!!! 90+ (Barca 5-0 PSG Messi and iniesta destroy PSG as BARÇA makes A historical comeback in second leg and qualifies!.. Please Wake me Up

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 11:01pm On Feb 17, 2017
Olaone1:
Hmmmmmmm

We are watching oo. Uefaaaaaaaaaa undecided
grin grin

4red cards for PSG confirmed.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by bi0nics: 11:01pm On Feb 17, 2017
jonsnow92:
Messi! 3' (Barca 1-0 PSG)
Messi again! 10' (Barca 2-0 PSG)
SUAREZ! 44' (Barca 3-0 PSG )
Second half...
Neymar!!!! 70' (Barca 4-0, PSG)
INIESTAAAAAA!!!!! 90+ (Barca 5-0 PSG
Messi and iniesta destroy PSG as BARÇA makes
A historical comeback in second leg and qualifies!..
Please Wake me Up

Taps him. .

Me: Bros, you're already drooling oo grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by pelvicky(m): 11:08pm On Feb 17, 2017
Gomes best position is busquet role, the holding role.

And Rakitic should be starting our matches.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nihilist: 11:17pm On Feb 17, 2017
Busquets best days are behind him? grin

Nah fam. He's still the same old Busquets. Before Sergio didn't understand what the D in DM stood for, as he was being carried along in an ultra attacking team that denied their opponents the ball with tiki-taka.

Who no know go know. grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Harvard13(m): 11:21pm On Feb 17, 2017
DarkRebel101:

For now I don't have any particular coach in mind, but I'd like the new man to share some qualities of Diego Simeone. His energy and aggression would have a positive multiplier effect on the entire team.

The La Masia haven't been able to produce qualitative players for some time now. The little spark they produced of recent (Thiago Alcantara) was foolishly allowed to slip right through our butterfingers.

Enough dawdling and waiting on La Masia to give us some magic. Let's cast our nets wider and fish for quality ready-made products in the next transfer window.

Illd like unai emery to come in tho
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Harvard13(m): 11:24pm On Feb 17, 2017
Kagawa10:

Erikson is Spurs' best player though.

I don't know why the coach often chooses to play him on the wing to accommodate Alli in the middle or leave him out completely. Alli has shown to be useless when he's not scoring goals, he's more like a SS these days. It's a pity it's the goals that count in this era we find ourselves.

I wondered why he chose to dump the 352 system all together. Just because they drew against City doesn't make the formation redundant for Spurs. Chelsea didn't drop theirs after losing against Spurs or looking vulnerable against City. I believe the formation got the best out of Eriksen and whenever Eriksen is at his best, Spurs as a whole is always at his best as a result.

It was dropped due to injury to vertoghen and rose
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by mcdreeezy: 11:36pm On Feb 17, 2017
bykebyke:

Someone that was being planned to get sold. grin
He should go back to the midfield and fight it out with 'em Denis and co. He can't remain in RB, especially as we have Vidal that's a natural RB.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Olaone1: 11:36pm On Feb 17, 2017
bykebyke:

grin grin

4red cards for PSG confirmed.
We are watching grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by mcdreeezy: 11:43pm On Feb 17, 2017
DarkRebel101:

Not necessarily promoting the youth, just a coach that would give them a chance at least. Of course, we'll also buy. A good mix of players from without and within would do.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 11:54pm On Feb 17, 2017
bykebyke:
Some fans saying on Twitter that Andre Gomes was sent by Cristiano to ruin Barca. grin grin

Agreed! angry grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 11:59pm On Feb 17, 2017
jonsnow92:
Messi! 3' (Barca 1-0 PSG)
Messi again! 10' (Barca 2-0 PSG)
SUAREZ! 44' (Barca 3-0 PSG )
Second half...
Neymar!!!! 70' (Barca 4-0, PSG)
INIESTAAAAAA!!!!! 90+ (Barca 5-0 PSG
Messi and iniesta destroy PSG as BARÇA makes
A historical comeback in second leg and qualifies!..
Please Wake me Up

grin grin grin

It would be the most exciting feeling ever watching Barcelona play as a fan (But Iniesta' goal against Chelsea... shocked cheesy)
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Chimezie198(m): 12:17am On Feb 18, 2017
my signature plssss fellow messi fc fans
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 3:19am On Feb 18, 2017
Olaone1:
We are watching grin
That was a joke..He's retired.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 7:02am On Feb 18, 2017
mcdreeezy:
He should go back to the midfield and fight it out with 'em Denis and co. He can't remain in RB, especially as we have Vidal that's a natural RB.
Vidal ain't a natural RB, although I get your point.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by nathaniel007(m): 9:30am On Feb 18, 2017
Sampaoli is the man for the job , but i know it wont happen, we will probably appoint Valverde, Koeman or Eusebio. Gomes wont leave this summer but we need a BIG midfield signing only VERATTI, KOKE and THIAGO fits the bill for me. A new rightback is a must and pls no CANCELO the guy is terrible defensively same as VIDAL so there is no point. Fabinho of monaco, Bruno peres of roma, perriera of nice are better options. We need to make a decison on Paco alcacer we either sell and recoup some money back or hope he adapts to barca style of play.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Upnepaa(m): 5:40pm On Feb 18, 2017
why is this place so dry like this undecided

****sprinkles water to thread ****

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2079) (2080) (2081) (2082) (2083) (2084) (2085) ... (6183) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.