Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,027 members, 7,818,032 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3152) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4598616 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3149) (3150) (3151) (3152) (3153) (3154) (3155) ... (6191) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by chic2pimp(m): 10:41pm On Jun 21, 2018
Argentines on Twitter asking if that was Sampoli or Andre Agassi on the touchline grin grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FBS: 10:43pm On Jun 21, 2018
usbcable:

I weak for their stewpidity.

Because of Messi you hope for your country to get eliminated.

Bloody idiotas
Mean! cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Unlimited22: 10:54pm On Jun 21, 2018
Lana1:
Debroslink dont think i will forget to serve u ur L.

Caballero with a brainfart and ur MCM dropping another 2/10 but u'll prefer to carry De Gea for head dandruff!!

De Gea with one leg in the Knockout stages for his country while ur MCM is still doing permutations, matrices and algebra on how his own country will qualify.

Abeg jejely hold this L for me!!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 11:01pm On Jun 21, 2018
Nihilstjnr:

Pope John Paul Esquire.

Simon Peter was kuku the first pope, so I'm not surprised you're following in his footsteps to deny your Messi-ah

I cannot deny messi but his performance tonight was nothing short of a scene straight from horror movie! I cant really point to what was the problem. Messi didnt chase the ball one bit. Passing the ball for only about 45 times through out the 90 mins is a huge shock.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Krissjones: 11:39pm On Jun 21, 2018
A list of excuses Barça fans can use :

1 - The Earth was spinning so fast, it gave Messi vertigo

2 - Higuain’s fart was so bad, it gave Messi asthma

3 - The Grass was so long, it stopped Messi from moving

4 - Just like mother Teresa converted non-Christians into Christians, Ronaldo converted Messi fans into his fans, and hence Messi has no support

5 - Messi couldn’t practice because he was changing his kid’s diaper

6 - Messi didn’t disappear, it was too foggy and the cameras couldn’t pick him

7 - Messi has already played a World Cup final and lost it, which was the saddest day of his life. He is now helping his friend Rakitic get to the final.

5 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by RuuDie(m): 11:58pm On Jun 21, 2018
Messi is alright. Argentina will still qualify... all dis one na empty noise!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Eruditor: 12:30am On Jun 22, 2018
Argentina will get to the semi finals at least and Messi will be instrumental.

You heard it here first.

No need for the premature celebrations. Argentina are not out yet.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by kodded(m): 1:47am On Jun 22, 2018

It was a difficult night for Messi and Argentina.
The South Americans lost their second game of the 2018 World Cup, falling to a 3-0 defeat to Croatia that leaves their hopes of progressing to the last-16 hanging by a thread. Argentina played poorly and didn't deserve to get anything from the game. Some Argentine players looked out of their depth, and regardless of where they finish in Group D, this is the worst Argentina sides we've seen at a World Cup.
Yet, the focus will inevitably be on their captain over the next few days, and a common criticism will be levelled at him again. It's the most common criticism directed at Lionel Messi - that he doesn't reproduce his Barcelona form for his national team.
However, there is no basis for the claim that Messi doesn't produce his best form for Argentina. He's the country's top-scorer ever, with 64 goals in 124 games, and was the main reason they reached three finals in the last four years.
In fact, the only reason Argentina are at the tournament in Russia is that Messi dragged them there.
As noted by South American football expert Tim Vickery , Messi missed eight rounds of qualification and Argentina collected just seven points in those games. In the 10 qualifiers he played, Argentina won 21 points. Messi's hat-trick in the final qualification match against Ecuador ensured his team reached Russia, and his seven goals made him the team's top scorer by a distance - no other Argentina player managed more than two goals in the campaign.
With Messi, Argentina finished third, on 28th points. Without him, they wouldn't have got anywhere near the World Cup. If Messi didn't do it for Argentina, then they wouldn't be in Russia.
If Gonzalo Higuain could take his goal-scoring chances, Messi might already have won the World Cup, or at least the Copa America. Higuain missed sitters in the 2014 World Cup final and a year later in the Copa America final against Chile.

Advertisement
Yet, Messi has been criticised for not delivering a trophy for his country. In the aftermath of the defeat to Croatia, its likely to be a similar story. The responsibility for the defeat will be put on Messi.
There is only so much one player can do in a team. No matter how talented an individual is, football is a team game. The collective must function for the individual to shine. Cristiano Ronaldo might get the goals and the headlines for Portugal, but they're a well-coached, experienced team, who won the Euro 2016 final against France in Paris without their captain, who left the field injured.
Unlike Argentina, there is structure to Portugal's play. Against Iceland in the 1-1 draw, Argentina's only tactic was to get the ball to Messi and for him to try to use his genius to influence the game. Messi was either crowded out by Iceland, or his teammates were off the pace and incapable of linking up with him. It was predictable and ineffective. Everything came down the middle, where Iceland were strongest. It was like trying to squeeze an elephant through a keyhole. But everything positive Argentina did still came from Messi, and it was the same against Croatia, albeit he wasn't as centrally involved.
He was on the edge of the game, but still created some openings with clever passes. Ultimately, Messi was undone by his sub-par teammates, his indecisive coach - who couldn't settle on a formation - and his goalkeeper. Willy Caballero's error was incredible and conveyed why he was earning just his fifth cap at the age of 36.
Messi will mostly be the focus of attention after this defeat, but that's unfair. Argentina were undone by a soft centre and descended into a shambles. Even Lionel Messi can't keep rescuing such a disjointed and ramshackle team.

https://www.joe.co.uk/football/common-criticism-lionel-messi-completely-unfair-185546

4 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by MadeInChina: 3:12am On Jun 22, 2018
Eruditor:
Argentina will get to the semi finals at least and Messi will be instrumental.

You heard it here first.

No need for the premature celebrations. Argentina are not out yet.
You do realise that even if they qualify they would get France in the RO16 right? I would honestly prefer them going out now in the group stage than being raped by France.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by HumbleBoy21: 3:41am On Jun 22, 2018
I don't think Argentina will qualify.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by LosVikingos: 4:01am On Jun 22, 2018
Lana1:
Ok. Since its like that,

Let me remind u that there wont be a Nani equalizer without a Ronaldo brace against Hungary. It was also Ronaldo that assisted Nani's goal.

Let me also remind u that Nani's goal against Wales was an insurance goal to give Portugal further control of the game. A game they were already winning thanks to Ronaldo's goal. Also let me remind you that it was Ronaldo again that assisted Nani's goal.

So what Ronaldo didn't score against Croatia and Poland. He is only human. He cant do it alone.

But most importantly, let me remind you that there would not ve been a game against Croatia, Poland, Wales, France and definitely no Euro 2016 if not for Portugal making it out of the group stage all thanks to Ronaldo's brace and assist against Hungary.

Don't take it too far... A team best performer in a tournament is the load bearer for the team.

Just ask him who was the best player of the tournament for Portugal?

I am surprised by the sincerity of some Cules about Messi's performance though. Impressive

If there can be more like this... I don't think you guys will get trolled this much by others grin

7 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Debroslink: 5:45am On Jun 22, 2018
Lana1:
Debroslink dont think i will forget to serve u ur L.

Caballero with a brainfart and ur MCM dropping another 2/10 but u'll prefer to carry De Gea for head dandruff!!

De Gea with one leg in the Knockout stages for his country while ur MCM is still doing permutations, matrices and algebra on how his own country will qualify.

Abeg jejely hold this L for me!!

Hold your L right there. You think I'm one of these Messi fans who call themselves Barcelona fans? You think I really care about Argentina? Who the hell is Caballero?

No true Barcelona fan will ignore the performance of Rakitic yesterday. What a performance!

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Debroslink: 5:58am On Jun 22, 2018
FC BARCELONA player ratings after two games in WC:

Out of 5 stars

Rakitic..... 4.5
Suarez... 4
Couninho(one game)... 4
Iniesta... 3.5
Busquets... 3.5
Pique... 3.5
Alba... 3.5
Umtiti... 3
Dembele... 2
Messi... 1

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by A40(m): 6:15am On Jun 22, 2018
chic2pimp:
Argentines on Twitter asking if that was Sampoli or Andre Agassi on the touchline grin grin
Loool as he gather tattoo like VATO, time he should be spending honing tactics he was probably in a tattoo parlor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 6:42am On Jun 22, 2018
A40:
Loool as he gather tattoo like VATO, time he should be spending honing tactics he was probably in a tattoo parlor
Huffing and puffing on the touchline as if hr wants to fight wrestling
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 6:43am On Jun 22, 2018
Neimar:

you 're just blaming Messi for no reason
YES he flopped

starting line-up is terrible

Iffahear?

Who is to blame now?

Sampaoli?
Its no more Higuain and Aguero?

cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Neimar: 7:07am On Jun 22, 2018
usbcable:

Iffahear?

Who is to blame now?

Sampaoli?

cheesy

na messi cause d goals? undecided
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Unlimited22: 7:17am On Jun 22, 2018
Debroslink:
FC BARCELONA player ratings after two games in WC:

Out of 5 stars

Rakitic..... 4.5
Suarez... 4
Couninho(one game)... 4
Iniesta... 3.5
Busquets... 3.5
Pique... 3.5
Alba... 3.5
Umtiti... 3
Dembele... 2
Messi... 1
Who are you and what have you done with Debroslink?

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by A40(m): 7:37am On Jun 22, 2018
usbcable:

Huffing and puffing on the touchline as if hr wants to fight wrestling
Loool you can see the difference between a sensible coach and a senseless coach

"Argentina is our easiest game,” Croatia coach Zlatko Dalić

"the reality of the Argentina squad clouds Messi's brilliance" Sampaoli

When tactics no dey your brain you would be reduced to relentless player ball-licking. Shame on Nigeria if they lose to this disorganized team because I don't know how this is going to motivate the rest of the squad

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Awesome01(m): 8:19am On Jun 22, 2018
A40:
Loool you can see the difference between a sensible coach and a senseless coach

"Argentina is our easiest game,” Croatia coach Zlatko Dalić

"the reality of the Argentina squad clouds Messi's brilliance" Sampaoli

When tactics no dey your brain you would be reduced to relentless player ball-licking. Shame on Nigeria if they lose to this disorganized team because I don't know how this is going to motivate the rest of the squad

You have a very good point there, instead of blaming his defeat on tactics he used and formation, he is blaming every other person excluding Messi. His statement shows that his whole world cup plans are solely built on Messi.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Miremoses1(m): 8:28am On Jun 22, 2018
Their lord has made 0 crucial passes
0 goals
0 assists
0 chances created
0 pre assist
0 shots

Now yet some brainless dogs will tell you it's not his fault.

6 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by LosVikingos: 8:32am On Jun 22, 2018
usbcable:

Iffahear?

Who is to blame now?

Sampaoli?

cheesy

Some people here are even blaming Caballero.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Debroslink: 8:32am On Jun 22, 2018
Unlimited22:

Who are you and what have you done with Debroslink?

I am the one who doesn't compare or get involved with Messi vs Ronaldo debate. Check my comments over the years on this thread.

I am a FC BARCELONA fan who is still waiting for true Blaugrana fans to show themselves here. Those who can comment on other players in this great team. Those who would praise Rakitic and truly criticise Messi for a poor showing so far in the tournament.

5 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by A40(m): 8:36am On Jun 22, 2018
Awesome01:

You have a very good point there, instead of blaming his defeat on tactics he used and formation, he is blaming every other person excluding Messi. His statement shows that his whole world cup plans are solely built on Messi.
I saw somewhere that Messi had covered less ground than some goalkeepers in this tournament. He's a clueless coach!

Guys like Jacquet had the balls to offload Papin, Cantona and Ginola going to a world cup yet this coach is tailoring his gameplan to one player, one player who is clearly not willing the carry the load
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by chic2pimp(m): 8:54am On Jun 22, 2018
A40:

Hahaha grin grin grin grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Miremoses1(m): 9:02am On Jun 22, 2018
Sampaoli is the best. I think missi should advise the barka board to hire him as their coach next season.

6 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nihilstjnr: 9:33am On Jun 22, 2018
A40:
I saw somewhere that Messi had covered less ground than some goalkeepers in this tournament. He's a clueless coach!

Guys like Jacquet had the balls to offload Papin, Cantona and Ginola going to a world cup yet this coach is tailoring his gameplan to one player, one player who is clearly not willing the carry the load

I don't know if you can blame the coach for the following though:

1. One Clown took a penalty against a movie director and missed. Imagine make dem call you today and give you ball, and tell you to score past Fred Amata , tell me you no go tear net?

2. Caballero grin

4 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 9:39am On Jun 22, 2018
The team plus Messi played badly. period.
If Messi no miss pen, dem for get three points.
End of.

Messi is 30, not 18. He's not a kid. He played badly, even lost a crucial pen.
He should go on vacation, forget this tournament, and try to rebuild his career, or retire. He is a great player, one of the all-time greats, no doubt. But for this particular world cup. he effed up. I don't rate his performance as better than his useless team-mates. In fact, Aguero pass Messi for this world cup sef. If to say he do like Messi, na zero points be that.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Sommyroy10: 9:49am On Jun 22, 2018
Nihilstjnr:

1. One Clown took a penalty against a movie director and missed. Imagine make dem call you today and give you ball, and tell you to score past Fred Amata , tell me you no go tear net?

2. Caballero grin
You no give credit to their goalkeeper sha. He dived the right way na.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 9:51am On Jun 22, 2018
Nihilstjnr:

2. Caballero grin

Or Kunle Afolayan for that matter grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 9:53am On Jun 22, 2018
AjanleKoko:
The team plus Messi played badly. period.
If Messi no miss pen, dem for get three points.
End of.

Messi is 30, not 18. He's not a kid. He played badly, even lost a crucial pen.
He should go on vacation, forget this tournament, and try to rebuild his career, or retire. He is a great player, one of the all-time greats, no doubt. But for this particular world cup. he effed up. I don't rate his performance as better than his useless team-mates.

Incredible that the great AJ could come out of retirement to comment on the disasterclass of the whole Argentine team and coaches inclusive of Messi and Sampaoli.

It has done for Argentina be that
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 9:57am On Jun 22, 2018
usbcable:

Incredible that the great AJ could come out of retirement to comment on the disasterclass of the whole Argentine team and coaches inclusive of Messi and Sampaoli.

It has done for Argentina be that

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Abeg make Super Eagles sha borrow themselves brain. Beat these Fooking Vikings, and even this Argentine junk.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3149) (3150) (3151) (3152) (3153) (3154) (3155) ... (6191) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: andrewbaba44 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.