Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,913 members, 7,848,689 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 08:44 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6210) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4650181 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6207) (6208) (6209) (6210) (6211) (6212) (6213) ... (6223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by BykeLaByke: 8:58pm On May 20
See team wey Thiago Motta's Bologna dey use beat Juve with sweet football.

Xavi in his full life no go fit ever replicate...en go tell you say en need team X-men 97 to compete with them. cheesy grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Ijustwantto: 9:07pm On May 20
Leave Xavi Alone oooo. We still have another season to beat with him grin grin
BykeLaByke:

Xavi in his full life no go fit ever replicate...en go tell you say en need team X-men 97 to compete with them. cheesy grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Kilishihunter: 9:14pm On May 20
BykeLaByke:

Bologna dey ball with their fluid positional play, Thiago has clearly learnt from his Genoa failures, reason why I still believe there's still a great coach in xavi but the niccur needs that experience which he missed when we signed him untimely
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Kilishihunter: 10:03pm On May 20
abduleez1:
I no wan hear the continuous nonsensical annoying argument that Xavi wasn't supported or our team is mediocre especially from the likes of JPmoriarti. 😤

Xavi was and is supported plenty. He just doesn't know how to utilise his resources well.

Atletico Madrid, Villarreal and Girona didn't have a combined spend up to Barca in Xavi's time as coach so it baffles me all the time hearing he wasn't supported.
The only thing I'll say Xavi had problems with is our DM position this season that we couldn't get a solid player. We all know we couldn't due to fair play issues and we still got him Romeu (even tho he's below par).

Almost all his choice players was gotten for him except Zubimendi. Lewandoski and Raphinha & Kounde didn't come cheap.
There's also Gundogan brought for free and Roque who he has refused to use. So what's his fvvking excuse. Especially when his team of medical professionals can't even handle fitness issues in the team for two years. Injuries always have a BIG issue in our performance in the team and yet he's been unable to fix that. I'm even more vexed when I remember Xavi was mouthing off back then about the teams fitness and bringing in world class practitioners to change the tide.
Imagine Barca having 3 key midfielders gone out to injury in the same period. Same happened at Defence at some point last season. For a coach who had the whole medical team changed before he fully assumed leadership, he should be sacked for these blunders for the past two seasons.

The entire Barca medical team had to make way for Xavi's men. So what and what wasn't done for him. Make na no come here dey shelter this werey man all the damn time. Koeman no enjoy this luxury.
Even the quality and development of our La Masia kids is unprecedented. See the so much quality he's gotten on the cheap in Lamine Yamal, Cubarsi, Fermin Lopez, Balde and Gavi. Who had this much quality youngsters in considerable numbers in all positions in the team in recent memory??

I feel people just forget things easily and remember only the present. Not every coach even gets all they want and yet must eke out results. For Xavi, every damn thing must be ideal for him to be able to perform. How that one want take win?? Later he'll come and be spouting trash about the quality of the grass? Is that a serious coach. Especially when the team played badly.

Even Barca had to change Sporting Director because of him. Alemany leaving and Pimienta na transgression I can not forgive Laporta and Xavi for.
So what does Xavi needs to perform?
Ogbeni e rora na, which kind para be dis grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by BykeLaByke: 10:23pm On May 20
BykeLaByke:

LMAOOO... I for wait. grin grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by BykeLaByke: 10:30pm On May 20
Ijustwantto:
Leave Xavi Alone oooo. We still have another season to beat with him grin grin
Bruh, when I was told that current Barca team isn't on par with Shakhtar Donetsk and we should curb our expectations for the team was when I realized Chavi has managed to brainwash most Barca fans into believing this particular team isn't good enough.

Na why en wan work Lamine Yamal harder than a Chinese kid doing child labor in a Nike sweatshop.

He's never optimistic about anything when he does his media round, always trying to inculcate one kind piss poor mentality into the team.

Same thing he was doing as a player where after each loss he would find grass to blame or some other rubbish excuse.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by BykeLaByke: 10:32pm On May 20
BykeLaByke:

LMAOOO... I for wait. grin grin
A Xavi coached team doesn't equalize a 3nil deficit sha. grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by BykeLaByke: 10:34pm On May 20
Kilishihunter:

Bologna dey ball with their fluid positional play, Thiago has clearly learnt from his Genoa failures, reason why I still believe there's still a great coach in xavi but the niccur needs that experience which he missed when we signed him untimely
He was never the first choice of Laporta for the position... Na pressure of the entire situation and probably the club's finances as Xavi would come cheap.

Now Barca don dey see why e cheap in the first place.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 10:46pm On May 20
BykeLaByke:

He was never the first choice of Laporta for the position... Na pressure of the entire situation and probably the club's finances as Xavi would come cheap.

Now Barca don dey see why e cheap in the first place.
Who's your choice as coach for Barca?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by andrewbaba44: 8:45am On May 21
Look at deco choice of coach for Barca

Deco a proper clown

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by abduleez1(m): 12:38pm On May 21
Kilishihunter:

Ogbeni e rora na, which kind para be dis grin

The thing dey vex me na.... Every time na stupid excuse like he wasn't supported. You know I've always stated it here he was indeed supported well enough.
Now seeing the raw data of spending given to him and other club dynamics factors I just boil the more. New medical team, sporting director, La Masia coach and big spends with selling of club assets yet e dey tell me say them no support am.

Fine we didn't spend much last summer, but he was brought in quality players for free.... Felix, Gundo, Cancelo. So what's the damn excuse?? Only a DM? Just tell me you gat no tactics.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Awadi(m): 2:56pm On May 21
abduleez1:

The thing dey vex me na.... Every time na stupid excuse like he wasn't supported. You know I've always stated it here he was indeed supported well enough.
Now seeing the raw data of spending given to him and other club dynamics factors I just boil the more. New medical team, sporting director, La Masia coach and big spends with selling of club assets yet e dey tell me say them no support am.

Fine we didn't spend much last summer, but he was brought in quality players for free.... Felix, Gundo, Cancelo. So what's the damn excuse?? Only a DM? Just tell me you gat no tactics.

Remember how city were losing games because rodri had injury this season
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 3:29pm On May 21
abduleez1:

A DM is very important in any team. It helps to bring much needed balance between attack and defence. Lack of an effective DM might get you through some laliga matches but you quickly get exposed as soon as you face a much more sophisticated team. Balance is very necessary in any football team.

We lacked this balance this season after Busquets left. Christensen brought it a bit when he was deployed there but unfortunately he missed the crucial 2nd leg of PSG.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by BykeLaByke: 4:51pm On May 21
jpmoriarti:
Who's your choice as coach for Barca?
Flick or Tuchel.

I want a German to put these players in shape.

Mentally and physically...they've gone too soft.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by BykeLaByke: 4:53pm On May 21
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 5:55pm On May 21
BykeLaByke:

Flick or Tuchel.

I want a German to put these players in shape.

Mentally and physically...they've gone too soft.
I agree with you on this. Our players have gone too soft. Majority of them have lost competitive hunger.
Barcelona beaches and excellent weather have made them far too comfortable
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 6:05pm On May 21
As a football fan, very sad to see Toni Kroos retiring from football at the end of European Championship in his country.

No doubt, one of the best midfielders around today and for the past decade. He made Real Madrid so much better. He made football look very simple. His cross field passes. Never losing possession even in difficult situations. Highly skilful and insightful too. Brings so much balance. And can also shoot from range.

As a Barcelona fan, I'm glad to see his back. Definitely makes Real Madrid a little weaker in the midfield by his departure. No player with his profile currently. I hope they struggle to replace him like we have with Busquets.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by BykeLaByke: 8:54pm On May 21
jpmoriarti:
I agree with you on this. Our players have gone too soft. Majority of them have lost competitive hunger.
Barcelona beaches and excellent weather have made them far too comfortable
That's why any one Barca buy e dey hard them to leave.

Ask them why them no wan leave.

Them go say "Barcelona is a beautiful city and I feel really comfortable in it"... Nothing about just wanting to win more with a club they just signed for or thinking the team hasn't even hit its peak so why should they leave.

Shit pisses me off, and I no go like if that kind mindset go dey rub off on the young ones.

This season has surprisingly shown Araujo having the inability to take accountability, meaning he has learned well from Stegen.

Na small small virus dey spread.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by BykeLaByke: 8:56pm On May 21
Make Xavi go manage Chelsea.

Since he likes black players like Ousmane Dembele, them plenty for there.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Ijustwantto: 8:58pm On May 21
grin grin. Xavi and lapota are lovers. We still have one more season with him, grin :DWeather we like it or not.
BykeLaByke:

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 9:13pm On May 21
BykeLaByke:

Xavi will do very well with this current Chelsea team. Our team is dysfunctional and disjointed in personnel and profile. Reason we were getting inconsistent performances from them. One day, they'll play well. Another day, it was a disaster.

I don't think Chelsea's team is structurally wrong like ours. Lots of young, talented players. But lacking cohesion, which is what a coach like Xavi, can bring.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 9:22pm On May 21
BykeLaByke:

That's why any one Barca buy e dey hard them to leave.

Ask them why them no wan leave.

Them go say "Barcelona is a beautiful city and I feel really comfortable in it"... Nothing about just wanting to win more with a club they just signed for or thinking the team hasn't even hit its peak so why should they leave.

Shit pisses me off, and I no go like if that kind mindset go dey rub off on the young ones.

This season has surprisingly shown Araujo having the inability to take accountability, meaning he has learned well from Stegen.

Na small small virus dey spread.

I once had a friend from the UK come over. They were reluctant to leave after being seduced by the beautiful weather and the city.

I am sure these crop of unprofessional players have been seduced too. They are lacking drive and are always injured. They don't care if they win or lose. They know their account balance will get fatter regardless and they've got a nice place to spend it with their family and friends.
They have lost intensity and gone soft.

This is the only reason why I think Xavi might not get us to the level we want. His man-management of them is very much lacking. He needs to be tougher and subject them to tougher physical training. This is only way to recover the mental toughness that is clearly lacking.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by BykeLaByke: 10:13pm On May 21
Ijustwantto:
grin grin. Xavi and lapota are lovers. We still have one more season with him, grin :DWeather we like it or not.
If Laporta doesn't go through with the sack ehn and only made this fuss because his blood sugar level was high at a point last week.

It paints him in a really bad light.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by BykeLaByke: 10:26pm On May 21
jpmoriarti:
I once had a friend from the UK come over. They were reluctant to leave after being seduced by the beautiful weather and the city.

I am sure these crop of unprofessional players have been seduced too. They are lacking drive and are always injured. They don't care if they win or lose. They know their account balance will get fatter regardless and they've got a nice place to spend it with their family and friends.
They have lost intensity and gone soft.
You've seen it na, anytime Stegen, a literal club captain is asked if he would be leaving as per rumors surfacing about a transfer, you never hear him say there's still more to win for the club, it's I am very comfortable here.

Well duhhhh?... Who you go put for sunny Catalonia wey no go dey comfortable for this world?

These are the people Lamine, Cubarsi, Balde, Gavi and Pedri are supposed to look up to?

This is the only reason why I think Xavi might not get us to the level we want. His man-management of them is very much lacking. He needs to be tougher and subject them to tougher physical training. This is only way to recover the mental toughness that is clearly lacking.
The team has outgrown Xavi as a coach, and that is a fact that's glaring to see.

Yet Fatporta was begging him to change his mind about leaving at the end of the season, now en own eye don clear.

What used to be a gallant institution being directed like the worse season of Game of Thrones, it's embarrassing.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Colson(m): 1:03am On May 22
jpmoriarti:
Xavi will do very well with this current Chelsea team. Our team is dysfunctional and disjointed in personnel and profile. Reason we were getting inconsistent performances from them. One day, they'll play well. Another day, it was a disaster.

I don't think Chelsea's team is structurally wrong like ours. Lots of young, talented players. But lacking cohesion, which is what a coach like Xavi, can bring.
the way you spill nonsense with utter confidence never ceases to amuse me.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by oliverano: 6:42am On May 22
What happened to FCB?

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Ijustwantto: 11:27am On May 22
None of this big clubs seems to be interested in hansi flick. Strange! cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by oliverano: 12:35pm On May 22
Ijustwantto:

Who are these big teams?

I see no big team in the picture though unless you're talking about Chelsea and us.

Big teams in world football

England

City.....Pep
Arsenal....Arteta
Liverpool....Sloth
Chelsea......Vibes
United....not linked to him.

Germany

Bayern....Flick had issues with the Bayern board before he left for the national team job. Returning to Bayern is not on the cards right away.

Dortmund......Edin
Leverkusen......Alonso
Leipzig.......Rose

Spain

Madrid.....Carlo
Barca.....Chabi/job seems open
Tico........ Simeone

Italy

Inter....Inzaghi
Juventus....Motta heavily linked
Milan......he's not linked there
Napoli.........not linked
Roma......... De Rossi.

France

PSG..... Luis Enrique.

Basically, the only big teams linked here for now remains Barca and of course Chelsea so he's factually not rejected.

Most Chelsea fans will take Flick, same with Barca. I understand that he failed with Germany but he'll get your team running like robots in no time.

I hope we can get him though!

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 12:41pm On May 22
Under Xavi, our midfielders are scoring goals every match day. He should continue next season. He knows how to get the best out of them

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Baddestguyp(m): 1:50pm On May 22
Ijustwantto:

Rest sir...

Just get me Flick!!!

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Baddestguyp(m): 1:52pm On May 22
andrewbaba44:
Look at deco choice of coach for Barca

Deco a proper clown

Give me Hansi Flick let him toughen the legs of these our soft players when them dey bully up and down the field
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Baddestguyp(m): 1:54pm On May 22
abduleez1:

Exactly...
When Hansi Flick comes, he will dump Felix and Cancelo...

Look at how hot Davies was under Flick...
Davies destroyed Barca and Chelsea...still the best version of Davies I've seen...

We need Balde to do the same...

(1) (2) (3) ... (6207) (6208) (6209) (6210) (6211) (6212) (6213) ... (6223) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.