Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,222 members, 7,849,793 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:50 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (675) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4653730 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (672) (673) (674) (675) (676) (677) (678) ... (6224) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 8:46am On Mar 22, 2015
mcdreeezy:
Actually I've been an avid supporter since 2005/2006, the days of ronaldinho, eto'o and co. But I wasn't frequent in watching matches, I was very familiar with frank rijkaard. I watched some crucial matches we played against the likes of man utd, where they eliminated us in the semi-finals courtesy of a paul scholes goal. I was mostly a UCL follower bcuz it brings the best teams in europe to compete against each other. Twas just off recent (last year) I picked interest in watching other competitions (la liga and cdr). I've been watching a lot of santiago bernabeu clasicos but never watched a camp nou clasico grin I'll be 21 this year God willing.
Little wonder...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by onuwaje(m): 9:18am On Mar 22, 2015
mcdreeezy:
Actually I've been an avid supporter since 2005/2006, the days of ronaldinho, eto'o and co. But I wasn't frequent in watching matches, I was very familiar with frank rijkaard. I watched some crucial matches we played against the likes of man utd, where they eliminated us in the semi-finals courtesy of a paul scholes goal. I was mostly a UCL follower bcuz it brings the best teams in europe to compete against each other. Twas just off recent (last year) I picked interest in watching other competitions (la liga and cdr). I've been watching a lot of santiago bernabeu clasicos but never watched a camp nou clasico grin I'll be 21 this year God willing.
15/16 season wud make it 10 years of watching el classico both at bernabeu and camp nou
Welcome to d club
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 9:19am On Mar 22, 2015
ddippset:
4 'DONTS' for us in today's classico: 1. Don't get too ambitious and leave open to counters. 2. Don't concede from cover kicks. 3. Don't underrate benzema. 4. Don't concede a penalty to ronaldo- pique are you with me?
We have become masters at counters ourselves, so they watch their back too. However, with Mascherano set to play, we have more bodies for cover grin undecided
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by mcdreeezy: 9:32am On Mar 22, 2015
dmcdad:

Little wonder...
Ya
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 9:56am On Mar 22, 2015
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by mcdreeezy: 10:14am On Mar 22, 2015
onuwaje:

15/16 season wud make it 10 years of watching el classico both at bernabeu and camp nou
Welcome to d club
Thanks bro
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 10:19am On Mar 22, 2015
Squad (vs Real Madrid): Bravo, Ter Stegen, Alves, Pique, Bartra, Mascherano, Mathieu, Adriano, Alba, Busquets, Rakitic, Xavi, Iniesta, Rafinha, Pedro, Messi, Suarez, Neymar.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 10:44am On Mar 22, 2015
Finally grin

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by zacknaija: 12:43pm On Mar 22, 2015
Here is where you can follow El Clasico

http://oran.ge/1BmDuRe

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 3:18pm On Mar 22, 2015
Today's game against Real Madrid will be the first Liga game that can be watched on the plane. Turkish airlines offers the game. [via md]
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 3:19pm On Mar 22, 2015
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 3:31pm On Mar 22, 2015
dmcdad:
Squad (vs Real Madrid): Bravo, Ter Stegen, Alves, Pique, Bartra, Mascherano, Mathieu, Adriano, Alba, Busquets, Rakitic, Xavi, Iniesta, Rafinha, Pedro, Messi, Suarez, Neymar.

~ He shouldn't even think of starting Xavi . He can't keep up in matches like this.
• I think Rafinha should be given a chance.. at least to play the first 45 minutes. His work-rate on and off the ball is Super-b .Plus Xavi won't be able to match the pace and strength of the likes of Luka Modric
what do you think?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 3:54pm On Mar 22, 2015
Darkrebel666:

~ He shouldn't even think of starting Xavi . He can't keep up in matches like this.
• I think Rafinha should be given a chance.. at least to play the first 45 minutes. His work-rate on and off the ball is Super-b .Plus Xavi won't be able to match the pace and strength of the likes of Luka Modric
what do you think?
I love Rafinha bro,we all do..He is a fabulous player,but as for this Match,RAKITIC AND INIESTA is starting it alongside Marscherano!!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 3:59pm On Mar 22, 2015
philfearon:

I love Rafinha bro,we all do..He is a fabulous player,but as for this Match,RAKITIC AND INIESTA is starting it alongside Marscherano!!

~ I'm skeptical about the starting of Rakitic..
• That dude's work rate off the ball is not impressive. Plus he's a slower version of Pastore and Thiago Motta. Only thing great about him is his incredible through balls.
I think Rafinha should start instead. Rafinha is very energetic and would help a lot in winning balls.. I also pray he doesn't start that drug-addict called Dani alves. I hope Adriano plays instead
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 4:00pm On Mar 22, 2015
Darkrebel666:

what do you think?
Xavi sure ain't starting, and might not even play at all. Rakitić-Iniesta is the pairing.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 4:03pm On Mar 22, 2015
Darkrebel666:

~ I'm skeptical about the starting of Rakitic..
• That dude's work rate off the ball is not impressive. Plus he's a slower version of Pastore and Thiago Motta. Only thing great about him is his incredible through balls.
I think Rafinha should start instead. Rafinha is very energetic and would help a lot in winning balls.. I also pray he doesn't start that drug-addict called Dani alves. I hope Adriano plays instead
Do you watch Barca games even?

@emboldened, the only thing? Wow!

There is no way Adriano is starting ahead of Alves. Adriano is shît. I ain't a fan of Alves at this juncture, but frankly, he is our best bet for the RB position.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 4:11pm On Mar 22, 2015
dmcdad:

Do you watch Barca games even?

@emboldened, the only thing? Wow!

There is no way Adriano is starting ahead of Alves. Adriano is shît. I ain't a fan of Alves at this juncture, but frankly, he is our best bet for the RB position.

~ I have not missed any of our games this season except the one we played Eibar.

• Please...Asides Goal Scoring, shooting and through balls, Rakitic can do no other thing.
He can't engage or charge at defenders
his First touch control is poor.
His movements on the ball is very slow and he lacks the creativity of someone like Thiago Alcantara..

Dani alves is known for his silly errors especially in Clasicos ....

why would you say Adriano is Poo? Cos to me the dude is trying.. only if he had more playing time.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 4:30pm On Mar 22, 2015
But why will anyone want Adriano to start over Alves at this crucial period? thats criminal!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 4:39pm On Mar 22, 2015
Rafinha over Rakitić ? like seriously?

Even With our Rakitić-busquets-Iniesta, our mid field is not up to par with madrid Midfield, and you are suggesting that Rafinha takes Rakitić place?
Rafinha is also very good, but Rakitić is better!

Also it will be a tactical crime to play both Iniesta and Rafinha in this game!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 4:58pm On Mar 22, 2015
Darkrebel666:

~ I have not missed any of our games this season except the one we played Eibar.

• Please...Asides Goal Scoring, shooting and through balls, Rakitic can do no other thing.
He can't engage or charge at defenders
his First touch control is poor.
His movements on the ball is very slow and he lacks the creativity of someone like Thiago Alcantara..

Dani alves is known for his silly errors especially in Clasicos ....

why would you say Adriano is Poo? Cos to me the dude is trying.. only if he had more playing time.

I. Rakitic, eh? He's been our second most consistent performer this season, right after god-Messi. Dude is what Cesc never was. Can't believe he was gotten cheap.

And Adriano ahead of D. Alves? You kidding right? There's a reason the former is called a utility player. That's what he is!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 5:22pm On Mar 22, 2015
homesteady:
But why will anyone want Adriano to start over Alves at this crucial period? thats criminal!
Wonder shall never cease...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 5:23pm On Mar 22, 2015
Mcleo007:

I. Rakitic, eh? He's been our second most consistent performer this season, right after god-Messi. Dude is what Cesc never was. Can't believe he was gotten cheap.

And Adriano ahead of D. Alves? You kidding right? There's a reason the former is called a utility player. That's what he is!
I am glad we still have people who know football. Some of the things one reads sometimes are mind blowing.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by funkyjms: 5:26pm On Mar 22, 2015
Sh!!!t! Na sleeping pill be tea and bread o; The much reason I didn't take it before going to church. Watched like 20min Liv/United and didn't even know when I left my phone to sleep.. grin Had it been say na elclassico, chaiii e for pain me dieee
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 5:50pm On Mar 22, 2015
homesteady:
Rafinha over Rakitić ? like seriously?

Even With our Rakitić-busquets-Iniesta, our mid field is not up to par with madrid Midfield, and you are suggesting that Rafinha takes Rakitić place?
Rafinha is also very good, but Rakitić is better!

Also it will be a tactical crime to play both Iniesta and Rafinha in this game!

~ I'm concerned about our defense and quick recovery of lost balls.
would busquets be strong enough to win the midfield battle? cos Madrid like to capitalize on space. If we give them any breathing space then we are doomed.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 5:52pm On Mar 22, 2015
dmcdad:

I am glad we still have people who know football. Some of the things one reads sometimes are mind blowing.

~ Being a football manager is about thinking outside the box..
Mind blowing and crazy antics and formations have brought out the best result in Soccer..
I'd choose Adriano 24/7 any day over that undisciplined Alves that plays so casually and annoying.

We would see what Alves would play today..
50 bucks says his wing is gonna be utilized to score against us if Madrid is gonna score..
~ Watch and See....
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 6:00pm On Mar 22, 2015
Mcleo007:

~ What do you people see in that slouch called Alves. Every Barcelona Fan I know prefers Adriano to Dani. I'm surprised.
He has lost his form..he's not creative with the attacks like before.
He's too sluggish and doesn't make quick decisions when he's on the ball
his tackling and defending is nothing to write home about..
His crosses are inaccurate.
Plus he makes too many clumsy errors.

•and I'm not saying Rakitic is Wack ..
Read my previous post..I said a more physical player should be employed in today's match. Madrid's midfield are very strong, energetic and aggressive. We need a very strong midfielder instead of soft Rakitic.
Iniesta isn't a good marker..same with Rakitic..
They would easily be out-muscled and everyone would start blaming Busqets or Pique thereafter whereas the markings should have started from the Midfield and outside the box.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 6:08pm On Mar 22, 2015
homesteady:

~ We would see what Alves would play..

Since you cannot tell me why Alves is better than Adriano then we would watch out today and see.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Yahoo1(m): 6:10pm On Mar 22, 2015
Darkrebel666:

~ What do you people see in that slouch called Alves. Every Barcelona Fan I know prefers Adriano to Dani. I'm surprised.

Read my previous post..I said a more physical player should be employed in today's match. Madrid's midfield are very strong, energetic and aggressive. We need a very strong midfielder instead of soft Rakitic.
They would easily be out-muscled and everyone would start blaming Busqets or Pique thereafter whereas the markings should have started from the Midfield and outside the box.
R.Madrid can't be more physical than Atletico. I like Rafinha,but Rakitic shuld start...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Tval(m): 6:14pm On Mar 22, 2015
Real Madrid players planning ahead of Messi's nutmegs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 6:14pm On Mar 22, 2015
Yahoo1:
R.Madrid can't be more physical than Atletico. I like Rafinha,but Rakitic shuld start...

~ Rakitic is better ..but i fear for our defense. And all the midfielders to play are not defensive-minded
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 6:16pm On Mar 22, 2015
Darkrebel666:

~ What do you people see in that slouch called Alves. Every Barcelona player I know prefers Adriano to Dani. I'm surprised.
He had lost his form..he's not creative with the attacks like before.

and I'm not saying Rakitic is Wack ..
They would easily be out muscled and everyone would start blaming Busqurts or Pique thereafter whereas the markings should have started from the Midfield

Hehe... You just relieved me of some tension leading through the game tonight with this! grin grin

Iniesta not a good marker? undecided Ever heard him called "King of ball interception?" I'd save you this environment; just go on YouTube and type, "Iniesta ball retention", a series of vids will pop out.

Did you watch the city game last week? I cant count the number of times Iniesta out muscled Yaya on the ball. The latter is supposedly stronger you'd agree, at least on physical appearance.

And let me burst your bubble in case you don't know; Iniesta started out as a holding midfielder. It was Pep that reinvented his position.

And speaking of strength, I don't see any Mad-rid midfielder that is stronger than ours, bar Khedura who's not a starter. We lost the last classico not because they powered us in the middle, but for poor selection by the coach who gambled name over form;
1. S. Busquets just got back from injury and shouldn't have played.
2. Xavi lacked the pace needed for such game as he's a spent force.
3. Suarez was only available to play competitively after his ban and should not have started.
4. Messi sulked in the game for being positioned on the right.
5. Alba in place of J. Mathieu at left back.

The above reasons lost us the game. I doubt the coach would repeat such folly.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 6:29pm On Mar 22, 2015
Darkrebel666:

Soft Rakitic? So Rafinha is stronger and more agile than Rakitic? Okay agreed. Let's end the argument.

(1) (2) (3) ... (672) (673) (674) (675) (676) (677) (678) ... (6224) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: IFELEKE(m), jpmoriarti(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.