Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,004 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (772) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4598028 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (769) (770) (771) (772) (773) (774) (775) ... (6191) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 1:31pm On May 08, 2015
sebod:

No mind that analyst jor.
he must be sulking and eating his own words..
next thing now he will say "I was working,that's why I had no time!"
na today?!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by yourangel: 1:58pm On May 08, 2015
Yep, we are back! Thanks to Philfearon and everyone that helped to bring our thread back.

On Wednesday night, I couldn’t find sleep because I was trying so hard to find the right words with which to describe Lionel Messi; however, I couldn’t find any. I later remembered the words of Guardiola, when he said: “Don't write about him, don't try to describe him. Just watch him.” On realising this, I knew I had been engaged in a futile exercise.

Now, my problem is fixed: I will no longer try to describe Messi; I will only watch him. Some are great players, excellent goal scorers, marvelous ball-headers, powerful shooters and brilliant penalty-takers. As for Messi, we are just watching him; no words, as he’s beyond description. Leo, we are watching you. End of discussion. QED.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 2:02pm On May 08, 2015
yourangel:
Yep, we are back! Thanks to Philfearon and everyone that helped to bring our thread back.

On Wednesday night, I couldn’t find sleep because I was trying so hard to find the right words with which to describe Lionel Messi; however, I couldn’t find any. I later remembered the words of Guardiola, when he said: “Don't write about him, don't try to describe him. Just watch him.” On realising this, I knew I had been engaged in a futile exercise.

Now, my problem is fixed: I will no longer try to describe Messi; I will only watch him. Some are great players, excellent goal scorers, marvelous ball-headers, powerful shooters and brilliant penalty-takers. As for Messi, we are just watching him; no words, as he’s beyond description. Leo, we are watching you. End of discussion. QED.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Baddestguyp(m): 2:09pm On May 08, 2015
With his self-belief at an all-time low, Bale has lost all the weapons that made him a major star in the Premier League. No longer does he take on his direct opponent whenever he gets the chance, going for the safer option of a risk-free pass instead on the majority of occasions. No longer does he unleash his trademark long-range strikes whenever he gets the ball in a dangerous position, fearing a tirade from Ronaldo in case he fails to hit the target.
just saw this on goal.com
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 2:09pm On May 08, 2015
yourangel:

Yes Bro. We've stopped describing Messi; we simply appreciate this privilege and enjoy the Messi show!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 2:10pm On May 08, 2015
Roland17:
Honestly, i want to know how Messi feels tonight after publicly humiliating BOATANK who according

to dayo is the second coming of P. Maldini.

How on earth will anyone place Boateng in this same category of a legend like Paolo Maldini? angry

With due respect to the present generation. Of defenders, No one is good enough to be in that rank... tongue grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by scantee(m): 2:20pm On May 08, 2015
funkyjms:

Pique no score oo...but he should drop his digits. Moreover, he has made three successful predictions on this thread. May not be immediate anyway but definitely.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by scantee(m): 2:30pm On May 08, 2015
funkyjms:

I go double half of it. grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by scantee(m): 2:36pm On May 08, 2015
Up next: R.Sociaded a must win game, no room for any slip up not even a draw is a good game, i wish Val could do us a favour win or draw with madrid so that our game against ATM will not be under pressure, Lucho should only do little changes to the team that played Buy-yam and rest only few players, but if i am to suggest he should rest nobody o, we need all the 3points. My predictiom...coming up next
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 2:59pm On May 08, 2015
yourangel:

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 3:00pm On May 08, 2015
philfearon:

he must be sulking and eating his own words..
next thing now he will say "I was working,that's why I had no time!"
na today?!
Lol.... at least Ajanlekoko don apologise, make e too come beg ooooo
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 3:02pm On May 08, 2015
Baddestguyp:
With his self-belief at an all-time low, Bale has
lost all the weapons that made him a major star
in the Premier League.
No longer does he take on his direct opponent
whenever he gets the chance, going for the safer
option of a risk-free pass instead on the majority
of occasions. No longer does he unleash his
trademark long-range strikes whenever he gets
the ball in a dangerous position, fearing a tirade
from Ronaldo in case he fails to hit the target.

just saw this on goal.com

Funny enough, it's true about Ronaldo attitude towards other players trying to shoot @ goal or scoring angry
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by yourangel: 3:07pm On May 08, 2015
dearpreye:

Yes Bro. We've stopped describing Messi; we simply appreciate this privilege and enjoy the Messi show!

Yes o, my bros!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Tval(m): 3:08pm On May 08, 2015
coded01:

Funny enough, it's true about Ronaldo attitude towards other players trying to shoot @ goal or scoring angry
Barca!!!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by yourangel: 3:21pm On May 08, 2015
This cute photo is gradually becoming one of my favourite football photos of all time. How I love this picture! God bless MSN cheesy

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Spencer63(m): 3:33pm On May 08, 2015
philfearon:

haters happened!!
Lolz...
God pass them
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Spencer63(m): 3:33pm On May 08, 2015
mukina2:

error happened.
Hope it won't happen again sha
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by yourangel: 3:40pm On May 08, 2015
Messi's greatness transcends the footballing world: it's being rumoured that people voted for Messi in the UK General Election of yesterday. I voted for Labour Party yesterday, not knowing that 'Messi Party' was on the ballot paper. Na Messi me too for vote for o; I don fvck up be that!

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/world-of-sport/bs-detector--football-fans-find-a-way-to-vote-for-lionel-messi-072542790.html

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 3:57pm On May 08, 2015
yourangel:
Messi's greatness transcends the footballing world: it's being rumoured that people voted for Messi in the UK General Election of yesterday. I voted for Labour Party yesterday, not knowing that 'Messi Party' was on the ballot paper. Na Messi me too for vote for o; I don fvck up be that!

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/world-of-sport/bs-detector--football-fans-find-a-way-to-vote-for-lionel-messi-072542790.html

grin grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 3:57pm On May 08, 2015
Tval:
Barca!!!

cool
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackohandso(m): 4:08pm On May 08, 2015
Thank God our thread is back. Up to the next one; Real Sociedad
Any predictions?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 4:19pm On May 08, 2015

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 4:24pm On May 08, 2015
.... Youtube comments

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 4:27pm On May 08, 2015

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 4:34pm On May 08, 2015

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 4:38pm On May 08, 2015

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 4:39pm On May 08, 2015
Wow! Wow!! Wow!!!

cry
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Eruditor: 5:59pm On May 08, 2015
philfearon:
Where is Eruditor?
He won't come and give his self elevated world class analysis again? grin

If you can show me anywhere I said we won't win ahome I'd deactivate my account. My fear was always over 2 legs and I said why- we create FAR more chances than we take. And they take more of their chances ahome.

Save Messi's brilliance, we may have drawn that game 0-0 yet Neymar and Suarez fluffed 2 big chances first half.

As it stands, we have more that the 2-goal goal's difference I wanted so I am happy. Whether you believe it or not.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Eruditor: 6:11pm On May 08, 2015
A40:

Were we also in decline last year? Guardiola's rubbish tactics failed us like it did vs Madrid last year. I'm not here to give excuses! We didn't lose because certain players were absent. The precise reason we hired Guardiola was to forestall this decline but he has worsened the situation. This is still the bedrock of the team that went on to conquer the world!

Destroying and pissing on the solid work Juup Heynckes left behind. Everyday I wake up and apologize to that man

Pep is definitely not the best coach in the world. He may be the best in your history but not in the world. He has not won that award since 2011 and yet again we have seen why

Juup went 1 full season and didn't win a spoon. The Bayern board decided to book Pep down against the following season. Juup was a caretaker manager that overperformed. Perhaps, if the board knew he'd win the treble, they won't have signed Pep.

But how good is this Bayern side? Would they have won the UCL back to back? If not then cut Pep some slack.

I don't know where you watched that Match, but on DSTV the commentary from Sky sports said after losing 1-0 away at Madrid, his players called him aside and told him he should not worry about the second leg since they knew the way to beat Madrid themselves. He took the ginger from his players and let them play their own way and they were 3-0 down before the 2nd half. I don't know how true the story is, but I am cocksure I heard the commentator say this story.

Sometimes you could have a perfect tactic and it just takes one player to destroy it. It could be your player or the oppositions. In Bayern's case, it was Messi.

Ask Wenger about Messi (6-3 and 4-3 of 2010 and 2011). Ask Mou of Messi in 2011. Both managers felt they had Barca cornered till La Puga atomica upturned that feeling.

Now Pep is poised to die by the legs of the monster he created.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 6:35pm On May 08, 2015
Eruditor:

Juup went 1 full season and didn't win a spoon. The Bayern board decided to book Pep down against the following season. Juup was a caretaker manager that overperformed. Perhaps, if the board knew he'd win the treble, they won't have signed Pep.

But how good is this Bayern side? Would they have won the UCL back to back? If not then cut Pep some slack.

I don't know where you watched that Match, but on DSTV the commentary from Sky sports said after losing 1-0 away at Madrid, his players called him aside and told him he should not worry about the second leg since they knew the way to beat Madrid themselves. He took the ginger from his players and let them play their own way and they were 3-0 down before the 2nd half. I don't know how true the story is, but I am cocksure I heard the commentator say this story.

Sometimes you could have a perfect tactic and it just takes one player to destroy it. It could be your player or the oppositions. In Bayern's case, it was Messi.

Ask Wenger about Messi (6-3 and 4-3 of 2010 and 2011). Ask Mou of Messi in 2011. Both managers felt they had Barca cornered till La Puga atomica upturned that feeling.

Your mouth dey there!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 6:52pm On May 08, 2015
Eruditor:

Gary Neville and co said exactly this in the match commentary on Bein Sport UK, during the Barca vs Bayern match.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by scantee(m): 7:33pm On May 08, 2015
coded01:

Guy, na you be funkyjms? grin
funkyjms jst fufill his today, is good to be a member of this great family oo, thanx to u guys @funkyjms and @dmcdad for keeping to ur words it was fun ah, i gotta follow una foot step on this thread. Barca till i quench

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (769) (770) (771) (772) (773) (774) (775) ... (6191) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.